[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anyone on here who wants to discuss the Mario RPG games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

Is there anyone on here who wants to discuss the Mario RPG games? I'm depressed and trying to get my mind off it any way I can.
>>
I like them, but I sort of lost interest while playing dream team and never finished it.
>>
>>377438640
I'm playing through the M&L series right now, I didn't know how overpowered Mush Badges were in SSS, holy shit. 1 shotting all the end game bosses with Chopper Bros.

Partners in Time is ok, I put it down for a bit because it started to get a little boring. Gotta beat it so I can play BIS, which is so much better.
>>
File: 1453646169644.png (231KB, 1068x1956px) Image search: [Google]
1453646169644.png
231KB, 1068x1956px
What do you want (or not want) to see in Superstar Saga DX?
>>
What's the tier list for SMRPG? I just started and have no idea who to put in my party. Also general tips would be nice. Are there missables/is it worth using a guide?>
>>
File: SuperMarioRPG_00052bmp.png (30KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
SuperMarioRPG_00052bmp.png
30KB, 256x224px
I don't want to live anymore.
>>
>>377440620
Some balance. Chopper Bros. and that one badge are too strong for the game.
Boss Battle mode. With Wario as the secret final boss.
The cameos in Beanbean Café that were originally planned.
>>
>>377440620
Can the balancing dude even be considered a boss? He's more of a roadblock than anything. I wouldn't even put him in shit tier. He doesn't qualify as a boss.
>>
>>377441289
>The cameos in Beanbean Café that were originally planned.
Turn them into boss fights. Wario especially would be fun.
>>
M&L: Superstar Saga still has some of the best writing and gameplay of all the Mario RPGs.
>>
>>377440620
>elder princess shroob not on the bottom
>>
Sure, let's talk about how the DS games ruined the series.
No, not 3DS. DS.
>>
>>377441932
Partners in Time is considered relatively weak, but I thought people figured Bowser's Inside Story to be totally okay.
>>
File: 1494527725221.jpg (66KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
1494527725221.jpg
66KB, 550x412px
>>377438640
I played paper mario 64 and by time I got to the flower fields I was already bored to tears
the 'I need an x, go to y to get this' only to have y say 'I need a, go to b to get this' killed it for me hard
that and the combat was mind numbingly boring

will I prefer superstar saga? the one thing I did love in PM64 was the world and humor
>>
>>377442221
They both introduced all the garbage DT and PJ get shit on for.
But it's okay because Queen Shroob was "epic" and Bowser's Inside Story let you play as Bowser.
>>
MARIO! MARIO! MARIO!

I am SO FUCKING SICK of MARIO!

Why the FUCK can't Nintendo just come up with something NEW for a change?

EH?
>>
File: 1465977596071.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465977596071.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>377442370
>>
There is literally no bad game

Even if your super star cock sucker who pretends newer bros moves are getting too much, there still isn't a bad game or any that drastically changes the formula
>>
>>377442246
Yes. The humor is more "out there" (one of the bosses is a giant soda), but the combat's pretty good (Instead of having multiple partners, there's more a focus on action commands and dodging, not blocking, attacks). The world is arguably not as good as Paper Mario 64, but still standout.
>>
>>377442370
Haven't you seen the mass-spamming of ARMS threads?
>>
Is 'Superstar Saga' the greatest title ever or am I crazy?
>>
>>377442370
Every time they come up with something new /v/ dismisses it because it isn't a "real AAA game" and there are no naughty words or gore or whatever
>>
>>377441362
>they just rehash popple's bag attack
>>
>>377443284
It is pretty great
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.