[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halo 6 will be GOAT.... Some facts. >Split screen in >PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 29

File: images.png (4KB, 336x150px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 336x150px
Halo 6 will be GOAT.... Some facts.

>Split screen in

>PC release

>Head of forge now head of MP. Long story short Forge is 343s only really solid passionate teams.

>Less fucked up annoying story. Simplified

>Chief back as MC.

>Guy who made those god awful comics and ruined halos current story/narrative is gone.

>Halo5 already has good MP. Forge and custom game browser which is a savior.

Only thing they need is a good campaign that blows away everything else. And to go up with MP/forge
>>
I still play Halo 5 mp cause it's alright, but to have high hopes for Halo 6 would be foolish.
>>
>/v/ defends casualising and simplifying stories for dudebros

sad
>>
no elites in mp = no buy.
>>
>>377435648

The fact 343i is skipping E3 this year means they're putting everything the can in to Halo 6. It's the studio's last chance not to fuck up.
>>
>>377435648
I know, I can't wait for Halo 6 and future mainline FPS Halo games, seems like things are finally looking better for main numbered Halo games. While I'm not happy about it I am glad that they are not announcing Halo 6 at E3 and are also not announcing a beta there either because it means that they are finally trying to get their shit together with Halo 6, this shows that they are serious and committed.
>>
>>377435648
I like how 343 had to fuck shit up for two games to realize that the OT had been doing it right, so best to just follow the OTs lead.

GG 343, way to be your own company.

>Bungie: We want to make a game that we want to play. It has to be fun first before it looks good.
>343: HURR DURR WE KNOW WHAT GAYMERS WANT SKINSSKINSKINSSKINS

Right.
>>
>>377440227

Halo 5's microtransactions made more money than any other type of DLC from the previous halo games.
>>
>>377440637
You say that like its a good thing.
>>
>>377440782

>results in the most money they've ever made with over a year of post-launch support and free DLC

how terrible
>>
>>377435648
2019 is way too far, i really hope they make a spin-off in the meantime or at least a DLC campaign for 5.
>>
>>377441050
>Would rather see monetary gain through cosmetic bullshit than a memorable game.
>Probably shill

Who in the hell cares about customization and unnecessary cosmetics if the game isn't fun to play? Its like saying that such and such remake of a movie was good because it was a box office hit, even though its original stands as a cult classic that defined its genre. Money is not the goal here for a game, money is the goal of Microsoft. Bungie had the right idea with telling a story, and creating a world that they wanted to get lost in. I have no idea what 343 wants, other than to appeal to investors and shills like you.
>>
>>377440227
It's mainly Microsoft, when 343 brought in Halo 4's vertical slice, Microsoft thought "it played too much like Halo" and decided to change things for the sake of change. They also most likely had a hand in Halo 5's campaign and mp they realized they fucked up with Halo 4's mp so they decided to go back to roots with Halo 5 mp, but they probably wanted something like Destiny with Halo 5's sp which is why they pushed Locke and Osiris ignoring Halo 2's sp backlash, they then put Brian Reed, someone who couldn't write on top as the narrative lead. Now Microsoft realized they fucked up Halo harder than they did the Xbox One in 2013 and are finally getting serious with he series after the massive sales drop with Halo 5.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88
>>
File: 1459360398556.jpg (9KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1459360398556.jpg
9KB, 240x250px
>>377441903
>this video again
>>
>>377441653
>Who in the hell cares about customization and unnecessary cosmetics if the game isn't fun to play
The dev and publisher. Their measure of success is revenue not enjoyment and their the ones that determine whether a game gets a sequel or not
>>
File: 1471754324154.gif (2MB, 390x285px) Image search: [Google]
1471754324154.gif
2MB, 390x285px
>>377435648
Fuck off. I fell for the garbage that was Halo 5 and bought the stupid fucking Legendary Edition for $250, I'm not falling for this shit again.
>>
>>377435648
>Split screen in
Serious question:

Will it support 4 players locally? I know lots of games have splitscreen and only support up to two players. You could take up to four people online in most game modes in the older Halos, will this be the same or will it be gimped?

>Halo5 already has good MP
It's okay for what it is but it's not really Halo. Ditch ADS, ditch all the stupid abilities.
>>
>>377440637
The only DLC that Halo ever had before was map packs.
>Almost every MP game has to have loot boxes of some kind
Thank God Titanfall 2 doesn't have that shit.
>>
>>377441653
>Who in the hell cares about customization and unnecessary cosmetics if the game isn't fun to play?
But that's the business model games like Overwatch use and it made of half a billion dollars last year.

Publishers/developers just care about the money the game makes, if people say its not fun but the game still makes tens of millions in micro-purchases they don't care, the game did exactly what they wanted it to do.

You used to make your money by making a good game, now you make it by advertising aggressively and implementing micro-purchases.
>>
File: 1478491599843.png (308KB, 484x422px) Image search: [Google]
1478491599843.png
308KB, 484x422px
>>377442109
>bought the stupid fucking Legendary Edition for $250
Jesus man, I got that for like 30$ a few months after the game was out.
>>
>>377442496
I know. I wanted to fucking kill myself.
>>
>>377441787
>decided to go back to roots with Halo 5 mp
By arbitrarily changing more shit to appeal to a wider audience?

Sure, they went back to even starts, but then they added shit like ADS, infinite sprint and the slide for no fucking reason other than it's in every other FPS now. Halo 4 still feels more like Halo despite the loadouts. Halo was never about CoD-style prairie-dogging and sprinting from piece of cover to piece of cover, it never had ADS and your gun barrel taking up 1/3 of the screen. These changes were completely unnecessary.
>>
>>377442642
Oh, and I TOTALLY remember Halo CE, 2 and 3 having REQ packs, warzone and no BTB mode at launch! Right back to its roots!
>>
File: 1288278425657.jpg (25KB, 299x289px) Image search: [Google]
1288278425657.jpg
25KB, 299x289px
>>377441787
Pretty much what I'm saying. I cannot fucking stand it when a publisher decides to get their hands into a project that a clearly talented and proven team would've taken care of on their own. Like Activision screwing the pooch on Destiny, that instead of running for a more linear approach to the game, let's turn it into a clusterfuck MMO/Ass RPG and crank out $30 dlcs every now and then, and milk this puppy for all its worth. Now we've got M$ doing the same fucking thing, and sticking its jew dick into places it shouldnt go. Granted, idk if 343 would've just fucked it up on their own, but who knows.

>Halo plays too much like Halo
And the problem is? Change is not always bad, but it's not always good.

>>377441968
>dev and the publisher
>publisher
The Halo 1 team had no promise, no lifeline, no safety net in case Halo 1 failed. Microsoft bought it because they saw something that might work, note, MIGHT work.

Do you really think if Halo had flopped that it would've gotten a sequel? Well you're right - but we already know that 343 had been set up to produce three Halo games, and we knew that before Halo 4 came out. Halo 4 hit money because it was the New Halo, the return to it all. Do you count Halo 4 as enjoyable? I sure as fuck dont, but it had its lifeline and a monetary return to continue with Halo 5.

>>377442349
So you're basically admitting games don't have to be good at all, just not terrible enough to garner some consideration for microtransactions. See, that's exactly what a shit company would do - crank out a pile of shit that doesn't smell completely awful, and then sell you sprinkles to make you think it's not shit.

I swear to christ, I'm going to torrent Halo 6, fuck 343, fuck Microsoft, and most of all, fuck Bungie for making a game that no one but the original team could top.
>>
File: gundam.png (1015KB, 726x1290px) Image search: [Google]
gundam.png
1015KB, 726x1290px
>>377435648
Will they also throw out their awful fucking art designers?
>>
>>377442642
Eh, I think Halo 5's ADS was an ok addition, it's not like ADS in other games, for the most part it's just an animation for the classic zoom in.
>>
>>377442852
>See, that's exactly what a shit company would do
Oh I agree, I wasn't trying to argue that. It sucks and its where games seem to be heading.
>>
>>377442243
In their defense, if lootboxes didn't make literal boatloads of cash and weren't loved by the vast majority of non spergy /v/ users and redditors, then devs and publishers wouldn't put them in their games.

Honestly, I don't even notice them half the time. I've never dropped money on loot boxes in Overwatch and mostly just play the game and open them when I level up. It's a neat idea and since it's only for cosmetic shit, I don't care.
>>
>>377442995
I would have been okay with it if it had just applied to things like the AR shotgun that had nothing before, but there was no reason to change all the scopes to ADS.

The gun takes up part of the screen, it's just stupid and wasn't necessary, they just did it because they thought it would attract younger players who were used to seeing it.
>>
>>377442867
It's not even the actual designers faults, it's whoever makes the fucking 3D models for the most part.
Look at this concept for instance, the armor they're wearing is the Athlon set, but it looks like a streamlined version of Master chief's Mark VI rather than bicycle armor, also the skins on them look really cool rather than just random colored (or even worse forced white) blotches everywhere.
>>
>>377443118
Problem is it'll start to affect gameplay and fundamental game design like it does in mobile games. We'll just get vehicles for micro-purchases instead of actual games. SE was already testing the waters with Deus Ex.
>>
>>377442243
>Thank God Titanfall 2 doesn't have that shit.
Yeah, good thing it only has a million paid skins.
>>
>>377435648
No thanks I'll just stick with destiny instead of power rangers
>>
File: 1411880474066.jpg (185KB, 846x1405px) Image search: [Google]
1411880474066.jpg
185KB, 846x1405px
>>377442867
Christ, don't even get me started on that.
>NANOBOTS, CAUSE SPACE MAGIC AND FUCK YOU I RETCON AS I GO AND DO AS I PLEASE

I love how the best looking armors in 5 are the ones from Reach, then that hastily backpedaled to version of the MkV helmet. I know it wasnt 343 that designed that one, but its like they didnt even look at it before they threw it into the game, or the person that put it in has so little clue about the series that they don't notice shit like that.

It's not even that all the armor is terrible- I'm okay enough with Chiefs armor now, even if they didn't explain the change at all ( I love how somehow the nanomodded suit is compatible with Infinitys armor strippers, even though they've been in total isolation for like, 4 years? Cmon ), its just that there are so many shitty variants, and so many variants that have no real discerning features that they all just look the same on the field.

>>377443269
This.

>>377443118
It's cosmetic, but its your character. In Reach, seeing a guy with a particular set of armor meant that guy was seriously dedicated, or a fucking badass that would be wearing your skull soon.

In 5, it just means that someone has daddys credit card, and nothing beyond that. Hell, you cant even really choose what you're getting, its just a stupid fucking grab bag.
>>
>>377443535
And online-only MP and co-op, gotta love not being able to play with people sitting next to you!
>>
>>377443269
Oh don't pin all of this on the 3d modellers, the design for the spartans are a fucking terrible compared to previous iterations. Spartan design always revolved around "clunky, military armor suit with sci-fi accents" which made the designs stand out. It was always like this right till' the last Bungie Halo game.

But now it's super fucking generic "slick, smooth super high-tech space armor" with more emphasis on the undersuit than the armor itself. Who the fuck thought putting less armor on spartans was a good idea?

343 doesn't know shit about how to design spartans.
>>
I didn't mind the REQs in Halo 5 at first but as soon as they stopped me from getting armor I wanted I got pissed off.
>>
>>377443924
I like how people will still go on and say shit like, "Halo was never meant to be realistic", and then ignore how there are videos of Bungie devs stating that they wanted to move toward a grungy realistic look to the game.
Halo 1 ------------->Reach.
That total inability to ignore the progression tho. Hell, Bungie devs even spent days upon days recording live gunfire and taking notes on actual military movements to ramp up for Halo 2.
>>
>>377442642
That's mainly Microsoft's problem, with Halo 4 they wanted the COD audience, with Halo 5 they wanted Destiny audience. Halo 6 will be a combination of Destiny and Titanfall.

>>377442852
"Plays too much like Halo, looks too much like Halo" I wanted to punch a guy in a suit when I heard that, I can already see it now Halo 6 will have
>wall running
>rail sliding
>vertical wall running
>double jump
All added to the Spartan Abilities, the non-combat missions may become a hub world similar to the citadel in Destiny, we will still have boss fights but they won't be Warden over and over, instead we'll have, the Warden, War Sphinx, Scarab, Grunt Goblin, and Sharqouis to fight and the game will keep the coop gameplay from Halo 5, Warzone, Arena, Reqs, Forge, and may add BTB in that list. I can guarantee that this will happen. You don't even need a leak to know what Microsoft's/343's next step is for Halo. Master Chief and split screen will be the main selling point, along with an easy to understand story.
>>
File: XtfpjeV.jpg (462KB, 1600x3000px) Image search: [Google]
XtfpjeV.jpg
462KB, 1600x3000px
>>377444141
That ability to totally ignore that progression* fuck, I'm tired.
>>
>CE was great
>H2 was great
>H3 was good
>Reach was bad
>H4 was shit
>H5 is bad
>H6 is ????
>>
>>377435648
Considering they compared making the story more simplied to HW2, I don't have much hope.

And the issue was less "too complex" and more that 343 just seems to really not want to actually explain things or give context to the more detailed areas of the plot, which is really annoying.
>>
File: 1462361251781.jpg (72KB, 640x929px) Image search: [Google]
1462361251781.jpg
72KB, 640x929px
>>377444161
I can just see this being played
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J12zprD7V1k

once all that shit is announced, and Halo is finally lowered into its grave, three games too late.
>>
Next time, I hope there are more people in multiplayer. I live in Europe and population is kind of low between 3 am - 12 pm.

I like the direction they headed with multiplayer (except warzone); it's the most entertaining for me since Halo 3, but campaign mode was a complete disaster. The worst campaign of all Halo titles.

I hope Halo 6 releases 2018 or so.
>>
>>377444141
Not him, I liked Halo 1-3 because they all felt and looked unrealistic. Reach lots me when it tried to look and feel realistic. That's just not Halo.
>>
>>377435648
>halo 5 has good MP
>halo 5 has sprinting

You can only pick one.
>>
>>377444356
Let's differentiate here. Halo 5 campaign was bad, yes, but multiplayer-wise it's very good in my opinion.
>>
Considering how much 343 fucked over the story, direction, art style, and characters, I just want a reboot of the entire series. But again, 343 would just fuck it up.
>>
>>377444639
The multiplayer is for sure better than the single player but it's still not that great.
>>
>>377444356
>CE was GOAT
>H2 was great but overrated by nostalgiababbies
>H3 was great
>ODST was great
>Reach was breddy ok, alright campaign/multi
>Halo 4 was alright in some aspects but definitely the weakest entry in the series
>Halo 5 was breddy ok but not balanced ok like Reach bad campaign, good multi
>>
>>377444554
I mean, that's your opinion. I think Reach was the pinnacle of artstyle for Halo, but goddamn was 3 pretty.

>>377444723
Maybe, but yeah, keep M$ and 343 out of all of it.
>>
>>377444756
This, although I think CE has ages poorly in some aspects.
>>
Whatever version of Halo had that fucking 'Prometheon Vision' bullshit literally killed Halo for me for life.
>>
>>377444626
I'll pick "halo 5 has good MP" my man.
>>
>>377435648
343 has given me literally no reason to have faith in them after literally everything they have done was god awful. Ever since Microsoft bought the IP from Bungie nothing good has come of it except for the Bear trilogy.

>>377439117
Hi marketer!
>>
>>377444626
When I replayed Halo 2 a few years ago I noticed that I don't want a Halo game without sprinting anymore. I got accustomed to faster paced gameplay.
>>
>>377444756
What do you mean with "Halo 5 not balanced", i'm pretty sure the general consensus is that Halo 5 has the best weapon balance overall.
Also swap CE with 2 and it's spot-on.
>>
>>377444986
You might as well play CoD:Advanced Warfare.
>>
>>377444986
>I don't want a Halo game without sprinting anymore

Maybe Halo was never meant for you.
>>
>>377445098
He means that unlike reach which had "ok" single and multiplayer, 5 has shit tier singleplayer and good multiplayer
Probably
>>
>>377444972
>Hi marketer!
Not marketer, I'm both excited and scared of the future of Halo because while I do see it getting better than what it was (Halo Reach, 4, and 5) I can still see it not being as good as Halo 1, 2, and 3 because Microsoft keep making 343 follow modern standards.
>>
Who cares? It won't be at the E3.
>>
>>377445243
This guy gets it.
>>
File: KHYvWTx.jpg (558KB, 1600x3000px) Image search: [Google]
KHYvWTx.jpg
558KB, 1600x3000px
>>377444932
For those who didn't play it when it first came out, maybe.

I still have great memories of dragging our parents CRT tvs to our friends house, hooking up four xboxs through miles of ethernet cables, and then screaming at each other from each corner of the house as we beat the shit out of each other, all while inhaling pizza, guzzling sodas and staying up until 4 am. God that was fun.

Hell, even with the MCC, I got in a game of BTB CTF on Infinity - our team quit on us, so it was just me and my roommate playing on blue. We camp out the tower where our flag is, waiting for the enemy at the gates, each of us with a sniper rifle and a lane to guard. We held those fuckers off wave after wave, until their team started quitting too, so it was just 2v2 on this huge map. We decided, with 45 seconds left on the clock to bolt to the other side of the map and grab their flag, since we knew they were going to do the same and hence had left their flag unguarded. We somehow managed to pass each other with each others flags on the way back to our respective bases, and I slid my hog sideways into theirs and caused them to flip, while I kept on hauling ass. We scored with 2 seconds left on the clock, winning the game at 1-0.

Shit was fantastic. I don't think the game has aged at all. I think that we have all the new shit in the series, people have a hard time enjoying the old stuff. But goddamn, if Halo 1 wasn't my jam.
>>
File: Halsey describes 343.jpg (21KB, 359x180px) Image search: [Google]
Halsey describes 343.jpg
21KB, 359x180px
What's the nightmare scenario for 6?
>>
>>377444986
>tfw when you don't know that the default halo 3 movement speed is the same as the halo 5 sprinting speed and that all maps have been scaled, so that halo 5 is actually the slower game.
>>
>>377445570
>default halo 3 movement speed is the same as the halo 5 sprinting
lol no
>>
File: brn dmag.jpg (50KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
brn dmag.jpg
50KB, 600x604px
>>377435648
Can you try less hard to be a shill?
>>
>>377445870
>doesnt try it to see if I'm full of shit
>immediately denies it
>"muh fastpaced gameplay"

retard
>>
>>377445570
But Halo 5 feels faster than Reach. Reach was the slowest Halo game.
>>
>>377445996
Why is it up to me to prove you're right? You're the one making claims, post the evidence yourself.
>>
>>377437497
Halo has always been a casual shooter for kids and dudebros though, popularized many casualized mechanics to shooters, 2 weapons limit and regen.
>>
File: 1403831372014.gif (3MB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
1403831372014.gif
3MB, 400x299px
>>377445567
>story still revolves around Locke
>campaign is a boring, underwhelming mess
>spartan designs still sucks ass
>multiplayer is still just the same cookie-cutter fast-paced arcade shooter that dozens of other games do
>micro-transactions and battlepacks stay
>weapon skins stay
>>
>>377445567
They continue the shit writing from H5.
John's character is regressed back to his H2-H3 days instead of CE or 4.
No playable aliens.
>>
>>377435648
>PC release
>halo 6

couldn't give less of a fuck. just release 1-3 fucking assholes
>>
>>377446449
>couldn't give

You're alright, anon.
>>
>>377446001
That's only because not everyone had sprint all the time. If you didn't use sprint, in favor of whatever else, well yeah it would feel slow. And if I'm correct, maps were slightly bigger than they were in other games.

>>377446149
Alright babby boy, lemme spoonfeed you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCTyWf4EI7U

Meaning, that the same distance traveled without sprint in Halo 3 took less time than the scaled distance traveled in Halo 5 with sprint.

Maps are scaled for sprint so they feel like they're the right size relative to the player.
>>
>>377446773
If Halo 5 gameplay were truly faster than Halo 3, your regular walking speed would be at least equal to that of Halo 3.
>>
File: I honestly dont know.jpg (41KB, 124x158px) Image search: [Google]
I honestly dont know.jpg
41KB, 124x158px
>>377435648
>Split screen in
>Chief back as MC
What? Why are these selling points? Did they do games without these? WHY? What has 343 been doing?
>>
>>377446773
I can play Halo 4 and 5 campaign and movement feels smooth without sprint like Halo 1-3 when I play their campaigns, Reach is the only Halo game that felt slow when I played the campaign.
>>
>>377446917
>he doesn't know
>>
>>377446773
>Alright babby boy, lemme spoonfeed you.
This doesn't tell me anything about the actual movement speed, this only compares the map scaling instead which even you mentioned before. This doesn't prove that the default halo 3 movement speed is the same as the halo 5 sprinting.
>>
>>377446917
Split screen disappeared from Halo 5 for some reason, and while John was a PC for a some missions, most of the campaign was Lock. Though Bungie also did games where either John wasn't the main PC, or didn't appear at all.
>>
File: 1460435238667.jpg (5KB, 108x169px) Image search: [Google]
1460435238667.jpg
5KB, 108x169px
>>377446917
>What has 343 been doing?

Fucking up the series continuously, actively trying to alienate the old halo fanbase. You know, the usual.
>>
>>377446917
5 was mostly about a nigger Gary Stu Spartan-IV and his band of stronk Sangheili womyn.
>>
>Split screen in
Doesn't make the game good.

>PC release
Being on PC Doesn't make the game good.

>Head of forge now head of MP. Long story short Forge is 343s only really solid passionate teams.
Creates expectation, but doesn't prove the game will be good.

Story never made a game good. Entertaining maybe, but not good.
>Chief back as MC.
It could be a grunt with a jackhammer in his rear, doesn't make the game good or bad.

>Guy who made those god awful comics and ruined halos current story/narrative is gone.
Doesn't mean new guy isn't just as bad or worse.

>Halo5 already has good MP. Forge and custom game browser which is a savior.
Focused on MP? 0/10 thanks for wasting my time faggot
>>
>>377447427
>and his band of stronk Sangheili womyn.
?
>>
>>377447702
You sound like a really chill anon, post your GT and i'll send you a friend request.
>>
>>377447106
I'm not sure I really follow. I can only think of Reach as being the only one with sprint, but with its sprint requiring for you to first hold it, and then manage its cooldown, which is probably where it feels slow to you, since it let you have sprint, but not all the sprint you want.

>>377447291
Doesn't it though? As a mechanic, doesn't it slow down gameplay, since you have to stop sprinting to shoot someone? If your point was to have faster paced gameplay, which, note, was why I called you out in the first place, why would you support a mechanic that says it speeds up gameplay, when you have to stop using it in order to deal damage with your gun? Yeah, the spartan bash is neat, but throwing sprint into the game implies that all Halo 4/5 spartans (reach probably too) were jogging around at a leisurely pace. 1-3 didn't give that distinction, so we can't say shit about the gameplay being slower there as there was no alternative, but you sure could shoot people no matter how fast you were moving.

And anyway, if you're running away and I'm shooting you, wouldnt it just be nice if you could shoot at me back while trying to save your own ass as fast as possible? Seems one sided.
>>
>>377447291
Agreed, a better comparison would be to do what was done to compare Halo 1 - Reach's movement speeds with Halo 1 - 5.
>>
>>377446241
except, you know, the first piece of media released in the franchise that estbalished a lot of moral ambiguity, and the second game if you don't wanna count that, which actually had a pretty nuanced narrative.
>>
>>377447896
What I mean is without sprint, Reach feels vary slow, this is due to the acceleration and the horrible side movement. the game just felt so slow. In Halo 1-4 I can sidestep a Hunter, in Halo 5 I use thrust instead, in Halo 1-5 I can jump over a Hunter in Halo Reach I can't do neither.
>>
>>377448058
Oh man come the fuck on, Halo's story is nothing special at all, it's a bunch of space cliches.
>>
>>377448179
>Halo Reach I can't do neither
Honest to god git gud lad.
>>
>>377447896
What you're talking about is the overall feel of the gameplay and how fast/slow it is in comparison between games while taking many aspects like map size, movement speed, momentum, jump height, movement mechanics, etc. That doesn't really have anything to do with the acual movement speed.
The correct way to test and compare the actual movement speed would be something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFPg8jC3eEQ
>>
>>377442642
The ADS meme needs to stop. It literally changes nothing. It works exactly the same as zoom, you autist.
>>
File: 2d4.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
2d4.png
12KB, 560x407px
>>377444141
>tfw they were gonna have Chief burn out Keyes' neural implant in Halo 1 while he was part of the flood mass on the covenant ship and they literally looked up actual burn and car crash victims to get the flood right before scrapping the flamethrower idea because it was too disgusting
Reading the behind the scenes shit for Halo was a fucking trip.
>>
>>377448179
As far as game design, part of the reach idea was to scale out characters. Elites were stronger, and faster, but Spartans had better shields (I think) and were smaller targets. Also, you're not the Chief in this one, you're a Spartan III, which arent augmented like mad to the extent to which the Chief is.

So maybe, but that's part gameplay design, part storyline working in there.

>>377448347
Yes, that would be the method of analyzing accurately the differences between the two, but your post >>377444986 says gameplay, and by default, gameplay would include all mechanics.

So really, my focus on on-foot speed is correct from same map-to-map comparisons, but when I say that gameplay is faster in the other games, I'm not deceiving myself that because I can seemingly move quickly, that that actually speeds up the game.

Having to slow down to shoot is exactly what it sounds like - being able to enjoy verticality in your maps is another take.
>>
>>377448512
It's well known that it positively affects spread anon.
>>
>>377448340
I had to sprint behind Hunters and even that sometimes didn't work, Reach gimping gameplay fucked up my strategies.
>>
>>377449112
In the absence of power weapons, circle strafing with a shotgun is the best way to deal with hunters in reach. Hell, the first time you run into them you get given a weapon rack full of shotguns.
>>
>>377448954
>but your post
That wasn't me. This >>377445570 was my first post in the thread.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0MgL5OI_Q8

PIIIIZZZAAAAA
>>
File: 1492779825501.webm (3MB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
1492779825501.webm
3MB, 1152x648px
>>377448986
>implying that's something new
>>
File: H2A_-_GravemindConcept.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
H2A_-_GravemindConcept.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>377448659
Jesus, yeah, I saw that. While I'd like to know what could have been, damn, Bungie, you scary. One of the dev commentaries on the creation of the Gravemind for Halo 2 was to have its teeth be rows upon rows of skulls. While I'm still not a fan of 343, GG on Blur Studios for nailing the piss out of animation and the cinematography of H2A. Really makes me feel like a kid again, watching Halo 2 for the first time.

Now Halo 5 is scared to show blood in multiplayer, cause "simulator".

>>377449247
Well, fuck that guy.
>>
>>377449239
I know I usually use sprint to rush pass them and use the shotgun to take them out. My main issue is when they use those fucking assault cannons to kill me instantly or charge me, the strafing was so slow that I would always get hit.
>>
>>377449390
>GG on Blur Studios for nailing the piss out of animation and the cinematography of H2A.
Sadly, they kinda did a slip-up in that Gravemind cutscene when they had a zoom out for when the Gravemind revealed things to Thel, instead of showing his reaction like in the original scene.
>>
>>377448986
It really doesn't. You can look at the spread variance in any Halo 1 editor - sniper rifle, and other weapons, had no difference in spread, whether they had zoom or not. Just an initial spread range, which on automatic weapons, would increase to a maximum spread range, where rounds would land anywhere within that range.

[Init val - max val]

That's it. Zoom or no zoom, doesn't matter.
>>
File: Screenshot-Original (20).png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original (20).png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>377449390
It has blood, it just isn't as neon bright as previous games.
>>
>>377449624
Yeah, wasn't perfect, but pretty good. I still put Joe Staten at the top, along with Marty for cinematic/musical effect. Halo 1 dev commentary had something to the effect of Joe saying that Marty wanted 20 seconds of black screen after the fadeout at the end of the game, while the music came to its end, along with like, 8 seconds of silence after that, to let it sink in.

Amazing how so much, and so much effect can be done with so little. That slight slump in the Chiefs shoulders and head when he sees Miranda, dead in Johnsons arms? Oof.
>>
>>377449749
Oh. Maybe I'm thinking of just multiplayer, not warzone.
>>
>>377449874
Yeah, I'd say John's animations in CE do a fantastic job of characterization, along with his down-to-earth dialogue. Apparently Staten himself hand-animated his cutscene animations.
>>
KILLIMANJARO
>>
>>377450251
Oh right? Even though it was mostly subtle, minor things, that was part of who the Chief was. There was some section in one of the books, that said the subtle movements of the SIIs could be translated into full conversations, and at one point, something to the equivalent of a clenched fist would've been full on rage screaming at whomever.

H1A did some seriously over the top shit. No kidding, I thought I was watching the fucking Donkey Kong animated movie - 1/10, wouldn't want to puke again.
>>
>>377450528
Didn't CEA have the same animations, but paired them with with higher fidelity models making it look really wonky?
>>
File: hw2_johnson.png (272KB, 954x339px) Image search: [Google]
hw2_johnson.png
272KB, 954x339px
So what do you think about Johnson being added as a HW2 leader?
>>
>>377450748
Well just for the cutscenes, I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-3RschHbg0

Look at a bit just past 5:40, where the Chief nods his head with his whole fucking neck. Like, what?
>>
>>377451305
Oh, yeah. I see what you mean. And the camera work was a lot less dynamic, I noticed.
>>
>>377451305
Man, Cortana's animations were awful in CEA.
>>
>>377451482
Yeah, exactly. Focus of camera, wonky animations, entirely missing animations.

>No headshake at Cortanas driving
>No Cortana closing her eyes and bowing her head as she leaves the Autumns bridge.

Little shit like that makes me think of a character, instead of tits with a badly animated mouth.

>>377451637
You can still do a lot with a little. Look at H1A, all those resources and still the subtleties of H1 are missed entirely.
>>
>>377450913
I don't care about Wars. I just want the aiming fix for 5.
>>
>>377449874
I loved Halo 1-3's cinematography was beautiful, I loved Joe Staten's work.
>>
>>377442867
this file name makes me happy
>>
>>377451305
My god Anniversary is so stiff and lifeless, they made one for Halo 2 Anniversary as well, I hate how they removed a lot of the great transitions in H2A's cutscenes along with made mistakes, have bad camera angles at times, ruined some time stamps, and added voices that weren't there before.
>>
>>377442867
They fucked up the warthogs, the pelicans, the spartan armors, forerunner architecture, fucking everything. I bet they're hiring some low paid interns and other unskilled hacks, based on how shit everything looks in the new Halo games.
>>
>>377454606
What's wrong with the Warthog?
>>
MCC is still broken and 343 shills enjoyed getting pooped on.
>>
File: you_1.jpg (112KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
you_1.jpg
112KB, 960x768px
>has to reach as far as saying split screen is a reason why halo 6 is goat
>>
The aesthetics of Halo 5 are fucking hot swamp ASS
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.