[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't consoles have graphical settings? Are console

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: DAJQeS6UMAEXw5J.jpg (39KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
DAJQeS6UMAEXw5J.jpg
39KB, 650x487px
Why don't consoles have graphical settings? Are console gamers too retarded to handle shit 8 year old minecraft players deal with?
>>
What game is this? It's because it's easily to make a console game without having to optimize different settings. Console cucks don't even know what framerate is, how can we expect them to understand things like AA, Post Porcessing, etc.?
>>
File: 1477652895412.png (42KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1477652895412.png
42KB, 499x338px
>>377421836
because on console you just put in the disc and play
>>
>>377422131
>option 1 on PC:
>install game and start playing immediately

>option 2 on PC:
>install game and spend however long you want tweaking the graphical settings

I don't see why consoles can give you both options.
>>
>>377421965
Destiny 2
>>
>>377421836
consoles are optimized to run with the settings they come with. the only reason pc needs so many options is because some retard is running a 8 year old card and whines on the forums.
>>
>>377421836

Because they like playing games and being entertained, not spending 15 minutes toggling settings to autistically find the magical set of options that gives them a few more FPS or spending 40 minutes screeching about how the menu only had 4 different versions of AA instead of 5 and that's anti-consumer consolefag bullshit.
>>
>>377422506
No they're not. I wanna play my games at 60fps.

>>377422515
see >>377422346
>>377422346
>>
>>377421836
every ps4 is just a ps4. the games are designed to perform their best. A PC is different between people, obviously you want everything at max setting but not everyone's PC is capable of that so graphical settings are designed to allow the user to alter the settings so their PC can perform the game at its best.

are you too retarded to understand that?
>>
>>377422803
Except there's a few flaws with "everything fits best"

Depth of field looks awful, and I always disable it.
I prefer my games to look ugly as long as I get mostly 60+ fps
I don't care about screen tearing, and I prefer reduced input lag, so I always disable Vsync

It's pretty funny how you guys see these settings as only a hardware issue.
>>
A good number of PS4 pro supported titles let you decide between high resolution and high framerate. That's really all you need.
>>
>>377423683
Yeah but what if I want to turn off motion blur and depth of field.
>>
>>377421836
Because the hardware is the same across the board. >>377423683 This anon is right. Minimal options at most.

Also to touch on that buzzword of a 2nd question, I'm willing to bet that the number of children playing spiked from console ports.
>>
>>377422506
>consoles are optimized to run with the settings they come with
>most console games barely meet 30 fps and drop frames constantly
Just because they run doesn't mean they are optimized
>>
>>377423683
So after decades, consoles have progressed towards a rare "high/low" setting.
> That's really all you need.
Ahahahahaha
>>
>>377422515
Then just play the game and don't touch the graphics options. What kind of argument is this?
>I don't use thing so why the fuck would anyone use thing what nerds fuck them
>>377423683
Lighting and camera effects are packaged into the large majority of console games and that eats up framerate everywhere. Warframe on console lets you change a ton of different settings, if a free to play game can do it AAA devs have zero fucking excuse.
>>
>>377424046
Why do you guys keep resorting to the hardware argument as if it's the only reason graphics options exist?
>>
>>377424348
I'm willing to think outside of resolution and framerate, but end of the day consoles don't need the same level of depth in these options as PCs.
>>
>>377424569
>consoles don't need the same level of depth in these options as PCs
Why?
>>
>>377421965
Post porcessing
>>
Because you have the hardware that the console comes with and can't change it.
Tell me you're trolling you fucking mong
>>
>Console game barely hits 30fps
>Can't turn off shadows to instantly get 10 free fps
heh
>>
>>377424673
Because the hardware isn't going to handle going much if any higher, and the console isn't going to need to be treated like a toaster when games are being developed around it.

Multiplats would be a case that a little more would be nice.
>>
>>377424951
Turning off shadows would probably give 30 free fps. Every game I've turned down the shadows it's like going into warp speed with the FPS.
>>
>>377425106
I hate when games don't have OFF setting for shadows, I'd rather get the fps and not have to look and some ridiculously shitty shadows, Talos Principle for example, the lowest shadows were so fucking garbage
>>
>>377425102
OK, but what about depth of field and motion blur, which look awful. I would disable them even if the FPS stayed the same.

Or how about vsync. I don't care about screen tearing, I prefer the reduced input lag.
>>
pc gaming was a fucking mistake jesus
>>
>>377425228
>depth of field
Straight disable? I'd expect a slider if anything
>motion blur
More of a developer choice
>vsync
Sure, I feel like you could turn this off in Mirror's Edge
>>
>>377424169
>Just because they run doesn't mean they are optimized
Care to show me a PC with 256MB Ram and 256MB VRAM running Dark Souls 1 / 2 no matter how badly?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.