[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>every game should enforce permadeath, or limited continues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: bcbffff.jpg (36KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
bcbffff.jpg
36KB, 499x499px
>every game should enforce permadeath, or limited continues

Literally refute this

>inb4 muh getting through the game
Git gud you entitled shit, if getting through is so important, watch movies
>>
OP is a bideo bamer

You know what we do with bideo bamers right?
>>
>every game should enforce a one life rule. If you fail you lose the license to the game and can never play it under the same account ever again

Literally refute this
>>
>>377420708
Wasn't there an MMO that tried that shit and failed miserably?
>>
File: 1493955133911.jpg (335KB, 599x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493955133911.jpg
335KB, 599x1024px
>>377420474
>Literally refute this
It may go against the theme of the game or what the creator intends. Like with SMT: Final, the MC can only die at one point in the game, after that Dadga will literally pull your ass back.

Besides, all you're adding into the game is a minor, if irritating inconvenience to an otherwise enjoyable experience. Game are meant to be entertaining and fun, failure to be fun and entertaining makes a game objectively bad.
Git gud, no matter how many times you spout the meme, is just a meme and if the game isn't fun it's a bad game.
Or at the very least it means that the genre isn't your thing and you may want to give something else a try.
>>
>>377421014
Again, why bother playing videogames if being challenged is an "irritating inconvenience" to you. Watch movies, nigga.
>>
>Every game should enforce The Matrix rules, if you die in-game you die in real life
Don't even try to contradict this because you fucking can't
>>
File: 1492719353351.jpg (36KB, 720x648px) Image search: [Google]
1492719353351.jpg
36KB, 720x648px
>>377420474
> People who pay money for something shouldn't be able to play it however they want
>>
>>377420578
REEEEEEEEEEEE HE SECRET HATES VIIIDYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>377421230

Running through the earlier and usually easier parts of the game again and again is not a challenge. Permadeath is fun in a game which is designed with little downtime and few parts which are simply boring timesinks - it's awful when you have to go through parts which present no challenge and exist simply to fill time again and again after each death.
>>
>>377420474
>purpose of the game is to find as many creative ways to die as possible
>hence reaching a fail state is the same as winning

checkmate atheists
>>
>>377421445
Stop playing Dorf Fort, or any sandbox garbage for that matter.
>>
>>377421561
don't tell me what to do
>>
>>377420474
developing your skills through a visually stimulating and interactive medium
>>
I don't die often enough in video games to want limited lives. One is usually enough for me.
>>
Every game should try as hard as possible to recreate god's creation. That's the only way we'll break free from our cycle.
>>
>>377420474
>Game enforces this
>Casuals slam it for being "too hard"
>Game doesn't sell well
>No more games like this
You should join the gaming industry OP.
>>
>>377421230
Basing the core gameplay off trial and error in the most base form is actually incredibly tedious. Especially when offering the player few ways to deal with enemies outside of trial and error.
Difficulty should be in enemy placement, variety, level design and competent enemy A.I. that increases effectiveness at higher difficulties.
>>
>>377421963
Go on Steam's achievements page for any game and try to find one that has more than 20% of people beating it. Normies don't care about finishing games, most can't anyway, eevn with unlimited attempts
>>
>>377420474
This only works with indie roguelites, since they're the only games with so little content it makes sense to prevent you from seeing all of it for as long as possible
>>
>>377422367
http://steamcommunity.com/stats/228280/achievements

My personal favorite. The 21% achievement at the top is for finishing the tutorial.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.