[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did any of all these Early Access games on Steam actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (76KB, 627x395px)
Untitled.png
76KB, 627x395px
Did any of all these Early Access games on Steam actually got a full release?
>>
>>377412250
Not sure
Primarily they release their game as early access because they know it's fucking trash and it will never get better
They pocket the money, never make improvements, and nobody learns their lesson

DayZ
>>
>>377412250
Darkest Dungeon?
>>
One in every hundred makes it out, in general its just another way for steam/valve to make money without actually producing anything.
>>
Divinity: Original Sin
>>
>>377412250
Terraria
I wish they stopped updating it and work on terraria 2.
>>
>>377412250
The successful ones do, early access is basically a crowdfunding method for functioning alphas
>>
Darkest Dungeon, Hover, Hitman... I don't pay that much attention to Early Access, so I have no idea beyond that.
>>
File: TRIPWIRE_SJW.jpg (159KB, 1191x343px) Image search: [Google]
TRIPWIRE_SJW.jpg
159KB, 1191x343px
>>377412250
Why release and risk mass refunds like Refunds Floor 2?
>>
Grim Dawn.

It had a kickstarter as well.
>>
>>377413368
Terraria launched as a full game dipshit, it had a closed beta
>>
Speedrunners
>>
>>377412250
Plenty

Did any popular survival game did?
>>
File: Weiss.png (372KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Weiss.png
372KB, 500x1000px
my game was early access and it got a full release you dolt
>>
Darkest Dungeon
Divinity Original Sin
think these 2 we're the most successful
>>
>>377414018
what game? if you're so great
>>
Factorio is close to being there, and is promising as fuck.
>>
>>377414323
>factorio
meme game
>>
>>377412250
Don't Starve and DST
Grim Dawn
Kerbal Space Program
Killing Floor 2
Darkest Dungeon
Prison Architect

Really good already, but not out yet:
Subnautica
Rimworld
Factorio

Probably more, but this is what I remember
>>
>>377414431
Autistic people need stimulation
>>
>>377414431
No it is good game
What minecraft should have been
>>
>>377414462
Oh, Endless Space 2, out yesterday (early)

the OST alone is god tier, artwork aswell
>>
>>377414431
Infinifactory is the better autism game.
>>
>>377414518
>an open world survival and crafting game
>some autistic retard says it's like minecraft but better!
I'm really tired of this meme
>>
>>377412250
portal knights came out today
requesting refund
>>
>>377412250
Yes, how fucking new are you?
>>
>>377414667
You can kill yourself anytime.
>>
>>377412250
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Steam_Early_Access_games
58 games released vs. 93 unreleased vs. 4 cancelled.

most of them have been in early access for 2 years or less.

dont know how many of those are in EA forever but you can probably assume that sandbox survival crafting titles will never come out.
>>
>>377412250
Plague Inc.
>>
>>377413242
>One in every hundred makes it out
That is greenlight, not early access.
>>
>>377412250
Well if you wait a couple more months Ark is surprisingly close. They actually have all their base content in and are just adding creatures and optimizations mostly now in anticipation for that 1.0 retail launch

Shit use to run at 5fps on lowest when I first got it, now I can do med/high at 30 or 60 with reduced settings and thats before all their major optimizations have landed.
>>
>>377412250
Magicite "left" Early Access and released its "1.0".
And as the fool I was, I figured that it would actually be a complete game then.

And don't get me wrong. The core of Magicite is actually pretty cool. Movement is solid. Abilities and attacks are distinguished. It's pretty good.
Except. That it's content starved as fuck, and barely even feature complete.

Like, the dude technically made crafting, since you can make like a few things. But then you have everything else, that does literally nothing. Crafting items, for crafting, that can't craft anything. And they're still in the game because of course.
Beyond the very core the entire game is nothing but that. Barely half finished mechanics that are like solid until some 33% point or something like, and then everything beyond that is nothing but a broken and or redundant mess.

The game was never finished. I won't call it outright awful because if the game was actually finished it would most likely actually be pretty good. But it's not even close to being finished. It's so blatantly not finished that it's insulting. And could I refund the game I would have done so in a heartbeat.
What's more. The developer completely left the development of Magicite, in order to work on what is more or less a sci-fi reskin of the same damn game. I wouldn't recommend that game either by the way. I don't trust that guy to finish his games, nor do I trust his supposedly finished games to actually be finished. Stay clear of Magicite. It's a scam.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.