[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I crazy for thinking Dante in Devil May Cry 4 has bad game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Dante_4.png (333KB, 504x880px) Image search: [Google]
Dante_4.png
333KB, 504x880px
Am I crazy for thinking Dante in Devil May Cry 4 has bad game feel?

Both Nero and Vergil seem to have a degree of weight behind their moves that Dante lacks. There just isn't that same inpact and feeling of oomph with most moves.
>>
agreed, dante lacks that meaty, weighty almost "souls-esque" gamefeel
here's hoping capcom fixes this if DMC5 is ever a thing, i hope the atmosphere is whoomphier and comfier as well
>>
>>377409848
Souls has pretty shitty game feel.
>>
>>377409454
Felt the same, no idea why.
In DMC3 i really felt like i'm smacking shit with him, in DMC4 enemies felt like bulletsponges even though they were dying relatively fast, even faster then when i played as Nero.
>>
File: hellofellowkids.png (1MB, 767x622px) Image search: [Google]
hellofellowkids.png
1MB, 767x622px
>>377409454
>dante in dmc4
>>
>>377410037
>>377409454
>gamefeel
The buzzwords get gayer and gayer by the day. What intellectual youtube memer did you take that from?
>>
>>377410552
Witcher 2 had dogshit gamefeel and so i quit playing.
>>
File: 1366841739167.jpg (24KB, 478x322px) Image search: [Google]
1366841739167.jpg
24KB, 478x322px
>game feel
>>
>>377409454
>he can't into devil trigger cancels
>never finished an enemy off after a long combo with Lucifer's Rose
>never blocked Savior's laser beam

These all apply to you. Obviously Nero will have that "oomph" as you call it because you just press a button to recieve cool animations.
>>
>>377409454
>>377410442
Because enemies were designed for Nero. With Vergil they had ample time to design how he interacts with enemies.
>>
>>377409848
>>377410552
Fun fact: Japs actually have a word that describes "game feel", or just sort of satisfying stuff in general. It's called "merihari". It basically means something like "lively".

Tons of jap devs basically live and die by this term when designing the animations for a game. It needs to "feel right". There's a reason why Dante hitting stuff with Rebellion in DMC4 doesn't feel quite as good as Nero's Red Queen for some people, it's because DMC4 Dante reuses DMC3 animations a lot, and they don't click as well as the ones actually made for DMC4 from the ground-up.
>>
>>377411204
>merihari

I must become one with the "merihari" to go even further! WEEABOO POWERS OF DARKNESS.... CONSUME ME!!!!
>>
>>377411680
i-is he doing.......... THAT?
>>
>>377411680
NANI!?
>>
>>377411680
Bad merihari, I don't buy it at all.

Put some effort into it.
>>
>>377409454
Yes, you're crazy for having shit taste
>>
>>377409454
he's shit compared to his DMC3 incarnation
the feel of Nero's gameplay is clearly superior
>but the unlimited depth
i know, but that doesn't change the fact that half his moves lack proper impact
>>
>>377409454
Pretty much. Capcom royally dropped the ball with that game.
>>
File: 1494979158262.png (126KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
1494979158262.png
126KB, 800x769px
This is factually wrong

His rebellion sword has weight in his attacks
>>
>>377411204
Wrong.

They're aiming for different feel and they absolutely succeed in it. Nero is a noob, so his swings are wild, visceral and has a lot of animation cooldown. Dante's a pro, so his swings are swift and precise.

Once you got a feel of doing momentum transfer (like arcing gunslinger rain after a Gilgamesh drop kick, or Guard flying) Dante has way more game feel or whatever meme words you try to convey
>>
Is gamefeel when a game gives you feels?
>>
>>377409454

>dmc 3
>swing rebellion
>slashes have mirror-like effects
>satisfying swing sound
>impact hit sounds on point

>dmc 4
>swing rebellion
>slashes just have black filters
>subdued swing sound
>slashes sound as if they're just slicing through with no weight behind them

DmC is even worse when it comes to this.
>>
>>377417443
Pretty much this. I prefer Nero over Dante just because his sword mechanics are more satisfying.
>but muh style switch
Like, I get it, it's great having royal guard and the dash/teleport together, I use them all the time but gunslinger is even more nothing than in 3 and swordmaster is basically his "regular" moves, just like in 3.

If they ever do make DMC5, I'm certain they can put trickster, swordmaster and royal guard to always be available somehow, or at least with easier switching than using the same thumb you use to move. Gunslinger doesn't need to exist if they aren't willing to do anything fun with it (it was basically just for using pandora meter which is broken as fuck)
>>
>>377418207
>If they ever do make DMC5, I'm certain they can put trickster, swordmaster and royal guard to always be available somehow.

They'll make a shoulder button a modifier like Demon/Angel mode in DmC.

Hold style button + jump = trickster dash
Etc
Etc
>>
>>377417248
>They're aiming for different feel and they absolutely succeed in it. Nero is a noob, so his swings are wild, visceral and has a lot of animation cooldown. Dante's a pro, so his swings are swift and precise.

Nah, that's bullshit because weapons like Lucifer and Gilgamesh's kick 13 feel amazing to use.

The problem is that Dante has a bunch of copypasted animations from 3, and those don't feel satisfying to use because they were designed for 3's enemies. 4's Rebellion feels like shit compared to Red Queen/Yamato.
>>
""game feel"" makes you sound retarded because you seem to not realize that you're just talking about the weight, responsiveness, and momentum of the character

it's using a buzzword in place of nuance
>>
>>377421301
The word "game feel" has an Wikipedia article and an entire book written about it.

Feel free to come up with a better term.
>>
>>377409848
>weighty almost "souls-esque" gamefeel
We have DMC1 for that, which is still the best one too.
>>
>>377421747
>Feel free to come up with a better term.

responsiveness

"game feel" is fucking retarded because it assumes that you are controlling an individual character. Tetris has fucking awesome "game feel" because the controls are perfect for the type of game that it is, but there isn't momentum, weight, etc from moving blocks on the field even though the game is a dream to control so there isn't "game feel"
>>
>>377409454
>Both Nero and Vergil seem to have a degree of weight behind their moves that Dante lacks. There just isn't that same inpact and feeling of oomph with most moves

How about you go into Devil Trigger and use Stinger and then come back and tell me that shit.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.