[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>What if we took the genre, removed everything that made it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 17

File: maxresdefault.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
>What if we took the genre, removed everything that made it even remotely challenging mechanically and made it so that all you do 80% of the time is fight in big never ending team battles with a bunch of slow heroes with inflated life pools and the damage output of a wet noodle - to make sure those constant brawls last really long and none of your abilities feel like they do shit
>>
File: 1485731616960.jpg (1MB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
1485731616960.jpg
1MB, 3456x5184px
>>377408187
>they are people here who actually enjoy the braindead pointless mini-game named lasthitting
>>
File: 1493760189768.jpg (538KB, 2592x3888px) Image search: [Google]
1493760189768.jpg
538KB, 2592x3888px
>>377408378
>there are people who don't have hand eye coordination and reaction time required to effectively last hit so they act like the flaw is with the gameplay element and not with them
>>
>>377408378
>they are people here who actually enjoy the braindead pointless mini-game named aiming your gun and shooting
lol fucking FPSfags
>>
>>377408378
>there are people that enjoy video games
>>
>>377408541
REEEEEE WHY ARE YOU LETTING A MEANINGLESS MECHANIC THAT HELPS STRATIFY PLAYERS BY SKILL SHITTERS LIKE ME DESERVE TO PLAY WITH PROS I CANT ADMIT IM SHIT AT THIS GAME
>>
File: tactician.jpg (382KB, 765x761px) Image search: [Google]
tactician.jpg
382KB, 765x761px
There are way better ways to promote active skill based snowballing/farming than last hitting.

Last hitting is literally grandma mechanics.
>>
>>377408708
>last hitting
>pro
You must be really retarded
>>
>>377409240
so you admit its a low skill mechanic merely intended to prolong the laning phase.
>>
>>377409534
? lane against a high mmr (6k+) player that knows how to last hit

if you don't know how to manipulate the lane then they're going to completely demolish you. there's a ton of skill involved, a lot of which simply isn't mechanically possible in most other dota clones because they want it to be friendly to casuals (facebook users, women)
>>
>>377409112
dawngate was pretty sweet. rip
>>
What the idiots ITT don't realize is that last hitting isn't just about last hitting. It creates a real dynamic in the lane. Mindgames, zoning, trading, taking hits in exchange for last hits, there is so much more to it at all than just "kill the creep when it's low enough"
>>
>>377409918
>this is what moba babbies actually believe
>>
Last hitting is a stupid mechanic that shits up the already pretty shitty genre
>u-ur just bad lmao
It's fucking boring. Laning is already fucking boring without having to concentrate on last hitting minions. Teamfights are the only fun and interesting thing in MOBAs and Blizzard went all-in on it.
>>
>>377410185
>laning is already boring
>I know, let's make it even MORE boring by making it so all you have to do is just stand somewhere in the vicinity of the waves clashing
>actually let's just scrap laning alltogether, let's just have constant team brawling for 10 to 20 minutes!

full retard
the team fights in this game aren't even fun unless your hero happens to be one of the 5% of the roster that can actually do more damage than a wet tissue paper.
>>
>>377409754
>DotA lasthitting
Lasthitting on DotA is okay, since it's a game extremely mechanic and requires tons of knowledge and skill, but what about oher MOBAs? It's a retarded boring mechanic, like every single one on DotA, I don't understand how can someone like it outside of it.
>>
>>377410334
>I know, let's make it even MORE boring by making it so all you have to do is just stand somewhere in the vicinity of the waves clashing
Yes? I see nothing wrong with this. Laning is more fun when I can focus on nuking waves and poking the enemy laner, not fucking playing the stupid last hit meme minigame. It's a 100% superfluous "mechanic"
>>
>>377410334
>being oneshotted
>fun
You still get destroyed in a second if you position like shit and receive focus fire, but you must enjoy being destroyed by 1-2 skills in lane and go back to base every fucking time.
>>
>>377408378
this
I love playing as a lili
I don't have to lasthit, I don't have to even aim my heals, I don't have to do pretty much anything at all
I just use my abilities on cooldown and I am playing my character to the utmost maximum
>>
>>377410569
>I just use my abilities on cooldown and I am playing my character to the utmost maximum
No you're not, most of the times you need positioning to shoot the Winds and Dragons on the correct heroes
>>
>>377410334
>actually let's just scrap laning alltogether, let's just have constant team brawling for 10 to 20 minutes!

That's a great way to lose the game against competent players.
>>
>>377409918
>last hit left
> stolen by support
Fuck LoL.
>>
>>377408187
>What if we took the genre
You mean the Dota clone, League of Legends, and its clones? Because that's not a game genre.
>>
File: HOTS.jpg (104KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
HOTS.jpg
104KB, 900x900px
>>377409918
What the idiots don't realize is that you can't just rush kill minions in heroes just because there are no last hitting. you still have to manage your lane, because if you push too hard you get into a dangerous position and when objeccitve come that lane will be pushed back harder. Also you have to deny regen globes from enemy for quests. Just because there is no last hitting it doesn't mean there is no tacti in our laning phase. But from people who only played like 1 hour and couldnt even get to grandmaaster what should i expect? its like i go to your game, play shit and get to silver, and say theres no mechaninc, i just buy items and they are only stat bonuses. So literally KYS.
>>
>>377410618
>you need positioning
ah yes
you only press the blind if you're near other heroes
it's """hard"""
>>
>>377410804
>hitting Li Ming and Kael'Thas with Winds
>useful
I hope I'll never find you ever in Hero League, but you're probably nowhere near Diamond
>>
>it's a dotards try to slander a fun hero arena game since their game is so boring
>>
>>377410569
>I love just playing the most casual game in history where all I do is walk around hitting my buttons
>don't have to aim, don't have to do anything, just walk about

>somehow proud of this
just how casual are you?
>>
>>377410985
This. Dota is so fucking boring holy shit. And League is full of squeaker autists. Both are full of tryhards who think a game needs to take """"""skill""""" even though none of these people are professional gamers. They literally do it for free. HotS is fun as fuck and easy to get into, and not slogged down with last hitting bullshit making laning actually enjoyable.
>>
>>377410804
>get near for winds
>get stunned
>die
>get near for winds
>everyone is a caster
>die
Good job
>>
>>377411072
WHAT THE FUCK are you talking about??? With that logic Dota and lol is the same. Every game is the fucking same. Just pressing buttons. What kind of logic is this? And just because you dont understand the mechanic of the game, that doesnt make it nonexistent you retard.
>>
>>377408187
>nova/chromie does a combo and instant kills you unless you are a tank
>>
File: li li shock.png (45KB, 168x158px) Image search: [Google]
li li shock.png
45KB, 168x158px
>>377408187
If you don't like the game, why are you talking about it?

If you don't like the game why did you make a thread about it.
>>
>playing MOBAS
What's it like, knowing you're singlehandedly killing video games by having low expectations and poor taste?
>>
>>377408187
The real problem with HOTS is that there's no all chat, just allied chat. Feels like playing a bot game.
>>
>>377408187

Then when it fails, rebrand it as "2.0" but don't actually change anything.
>>
>>377410985
>Blizzard crap
>fun
I am still waiting for one fun game made by those hacks ever since W3.
>>
>>377408187
Wasn't this called Blizzard Dota?
>>
File: get yourself together man.jpg (34KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
get yourself together man.jpg
34KB, 552x414px
>>377408187
>what if people have fun with a video game
>>
>>377411367
>being on the contrarian Blizzard hate wagon because you hate Overwatch
Pathetic. Every Blizzard game/expansion before Diablo 3 was fantastic. Only modern Blizzard has dropped in quality.
>>
>>377408187
>gold and item management
>challenging
>>
>>377411162
>Every game is the fucking same. Just pressing buttons.
No, just the causal ones that don't require you to think or make any input other than mindlessly pressing buttons.
>>
File: comics and cartoons.png (50KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
comics and cartoons.png
50KB, 500x300px
>What if we took Video game audience, Removed everyone with a functioning brain leaving us with mindless drones and autists that post written piles of shit 24/7 and give them free range to discuss whatever they want without censorship but still banning those posting on topic content - to make sure those constant piles of shit are posted we banned discussion of video games and put nazis and sjws in charge.
>>
>>377408187

HoN Mid-wars>this piece of shit
>>
>>377411627
>what if people gave money to Blizzard
This is how you destroy the industry
>>
>>377411798
Jesus fucking Christ is everyone a fucking hipster these days?
>>
File: stop it. get some help.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
stop it. get some help.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>377411798
>giving money
>it's a free game
>the only transactions are cosmetic, heroes aren't necessary to buy and they give you 20 to start out
>>
>Someone makes a MOBA that is different from others on the market in that it focuses mainly on teamfights
>Others MOBAs are not affected by this at all
>Still find a way to complain about having more choices in the MOBA genre now
>On a board dedicated to video games
>>
I played LoL for a long time despite it being shit and, frankly, boring apart from the few moments of pvp.

I played DotA2 for a while but couldn't get into it, for similar reasons to LoL really.

HotS is the same as those two games but the matches feel shorter and more contained. One of the worst things about the two big ASSFAGGOTS is that, when you're losing, it's a slow, boring loss. HotS feels like it has a greater comeback potential as well as shorter games so, if you're losing, you're not wasting your time.

It'll still get boring though.
>>
>>377411927
>It's a free game we're not actually making money on it and the servers are really expensive we promise!
Fuck off shill
>>
>>377411996
HotS' strength is also its weakness though in some way.
Yes it's nice that matches that are 10 to 20 minutes of constant brawling, on the other hand.. constant brawling can get rather boring rather quick.
And on a ton of heroes you don't feel like you do anything. Even some of the assassins are weak excuses for assassins, they still need to go through multiple cycles of all their skills to even kill an enemy.
>>
>>377411938

One of the biggest attraction of dotalikes is that you can outshine your enemy and party alone when you win, or that you can mitigate all blame and responsibility on your team when you lose.
Blizzard failed to understand that this is what baits underage tards into the genre, and just made it the baseline, while removing much of the complexity people got used to and expected.
>>
File: 1465655905562.gif (15KB, 120x150px) Image search: [Google]
1465655905562.gif
15KB, 120x150px
>enemy has 4000 health
>skill does like 180 damage
>>
>>377411790
Sounds like a great social experiment.
>>
File: posting on 4chan.jpg (23KB, 640x480px)
posting on 4chan.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>377412052
>get btfo
>y-you're a shill
>>
>>377411790
>what if we took a bunch of bitter neckbeard autists who hate everything and make them discuss video games while pretending to come from a position of authority on the subject
>>
>>377410975
>>377412052
Where did he say any of that besides its free? Are you OK anon are you mentally triggered right now? You might need to go seek help for this level of fucking autism
>>
Dota 2 > Smite > LoL > HotS
>>
>>377412068
It's not like there's much variety in other MOBAs though. You're effectively playing a shit game of cat-and-mouse while you wait for teamfights or boring ambushes to happen.

You could argue the jungling aspect is fun but that's two players out of 10 getting the fun part, and HotS has some minor jungling too.
>>
>>377412083

How is it a bad thing that Blizzard took out the things that attract trolls and underage players?
>>
>>377412261

Because it left a simple, dumb game complexity wise that doesn't attract anyone at all.
>>
>>377412254
Not really though.
I feel like a lot of people don't really understand these games. Sounds like they think the only thing that matters is "the big team fights". But that's not true. A ton of other things decide the outcome of these games and in Dota (and even LoL) there are so many more variables to the game.

It already is a mutation of the RTS genre for people who wanted it simpler and not having to micro a lot of units, why dumb it down even further?
HotS has its fun moments don't get me wrong, but it's pretty much mobile game tier in terms of complexity at this point.
>>
File: IMG_2089.jpg (27KB, 310x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2089.jpg
27KB, 310x302px
>games have to be complex and have a high skill floor to be good
>>
DotA2 feels slow as fuck and something just feels off from the original.
Worst purchase I've made on steam.

LoL is better, if you're not a retard, you shouldn't need to grind unless you just want all of the heroes, useless ones included. Meta enforcement on ranked is good, fuck you 2epictroll going fucking retarded and costing me a half hour of my life.
But mandatory flash and nonstop reworks killed it.

>HoN was fun, but literally only played 4 matches in it.

I doubt I'll ever play HoTS. I've been playing some kind of FAGGOTASSES for almost a decade and I'm burned out. I'm intrigued by the simplicity of it, but I have no desire to play another MOBA match ever.
>>
>>377412393
Oh I completely agree that other aspects determine the outcome of a match. The issue is that those other aspects are not condusive to an enjoyable, worthwhile experience.
>>
>>377412196
>get btfo
>by a child who thinks free to play is a good thing
Yeah ok

>>377412219
The point is that it's not even a good thing that it's free to play Free to play is a cancer on the industry.
>>
>>377412449
If the heroes in HotS were more fun to play I would be with you, but the vast majority of them feel awful to play and none of your skills do any noticeable damage at all.
Only a few exceptions exist.

Who the fuck enjoys playing heroes like Tyrael, Lili, Brightwing, Arthas and so on?
>>
>>377412173
>focus the tank
>surprised it has shittons of health
Shiggy
>>
>>377412338
Well people are playing the game, so I don't think that's true at all.
Just because other MOBAs have last-hitting and other things shouldn't mean that every MOBA needs those mechanics. Some players probably don't enjoy them as much, and are more interested in the new mechanics that Hots introduces, like quests and map objectives.
I just don't see the reason how that could be a bad thing. If you don't enjoy it, no one forces you to play it, and if there are some people who do enjoy it, then in my book it's a good thing that it exists.
>>
>>377410804
You typically want to hit the heroes actually worth blinding. If you just run in mindlessly and blind their casters, you haven't accomplished jack shit except putting yourself in a position where you're likely to get killed.
>>
>>377412525
Theoretically, I think Brightwing could shit out damage if your aim was good enough.
>>
I have literally had matches in HotS where we had constant 5v5 team fighting in the middle of the map from minute 1 on until like minute 6 or something.
The few people that died just respawned and ran back in there.
>>
>>377412586

>Well people are playing the game

Hardly, the game is dying and has been since the start, they are constantly doing cross promotion with Overwatch, locking OW skins into the game as a carrot on a stick to basically force players to play HotS, there really is no more desperate moves than this to make people play your free game.
>>
>>377412525

Lili and BW are great to play. Both are low key sustained damage gods, Lili even more so, with her brawler passive, is slippery enough to duel just about anyone.
>>
>>377408187
are you mad that all the lol players blizzard payed to play the game ended up liking it?
>>
>>377412712
I don't know any actual player numbers from Hots. I only played it off and on, but I generally always find a match in under 30 seconds, so it can't be that bad.
>>
>>377412683

Bronze league problems.
>>
>>377412683
Sounds dank as fuck
>>
HotS is like if Dota and LoL had a little retarded brother who won't make it through life on his own.
>>
>>377412741
How are they great to play?
All you do is run around sending out heals without even having to aim them and blinding enemies or putting your stupid tiny dragon snake on an ally or yourself.

HotS DOES have a few fun heroes such as Cho'gall which is no doubt a fucking great concept and idea, no denying that, but the majority of them just feel horrible.

People love these iconic heroes and then you play them and you feel like a slow as fuck thing molassing your way over the battlefield dealing 3% of the enemy's health in damage with your skills.
>>
>>377412525
I love playing as Li Li. You make your team that much harder to kill while whittling the enemies down with your little dragon buddy.

Serpent spec is the best.
>>
>>377408187
It's the direction of the genre. People aren't getting into this shit for actual mechanics and challenge, they want to play dress-up and smash action figures together with their friends. Same reason Overwatch is popular.

I can't believe I'm living in a time where League is actually the second fucking best in the genre
>>
>>377412916
If you want to deal good damage, play an assassin hero. Even the less bursty ones like Samuro can melt most heroes with a well-placed Mirror Image into crit combo.
>>
>>377412846

And you never will, but the fact that this is how they promote it is all the proof we need. You don't see them doing the opposite with WoW or OW, they are trying to raise the playerbase at all costs probably because its looking bad on shareholder meetings.

Blizz does some seriously desperate shit sometimes to raise player numbers at all costs, remember the "sub to WoW for one year and you get Diablo 3 for free" contract?
Its always pretty clear which one of their games are dying.
The one thats receiving updates of money-making content is the one that is doing will (new skins, please grind your heart out events, new card packs and shit) while the one is desperately trying to give away free shit is the one in the shitter at the moment.

Apparently HotS is doing so bad that giving away free HotS stuff is not doing it, so they give away free Overwatch stuff as long as you play it.
>>
>>377408187
They removed mechanics that could be concidered boring and repetitive to make way for the more competitive aspects of a MOBA.

Team-fights and the brawls are what make these games fun, I doubt people pick up a MOBA game for the sake of the 20 minute last-hitting.
>>
File: alarak.png (1MB, 1464x817px) Image search: [Google]
alarak.png
1MB, 1464x817px
it is i, alkaraak
>>
>>377412994
I think Smite is better than League because they at least do something different than Dota with the whole third person view thing, but yeah, they're both better than Heroes
>>
>>377413091
The wow for d3 was before d3 launched

D3 is or was the top selling pc game of all time
Wow was still 10million + subs at the time

Are you ok retard
>>
>>377413124
But that's wrong.
There is nothing really fun about having constant team fights that last minutes because everything is so fucking tanky or deals so little damage.

Even top dmg output assassins like Li Ming will take fucking AGES to kill a warrior at 20+
The only thing you'll ever oneshot is an underleveled chromie or murky or something.
>>
>>377408187
The worst part of mobas is getting 100-0 in less than a second, you can't even react.
Low damage, high.health, slow.movememts make the game.more strategic. Kill yourself
>>
>>377413124
People tend to simplify the last-hitting stage of the game to just that, but those first 20 minutes are actually incredibly dynamic if you're playing with and against skilled players.

Low-skilled players will just hang around in the lane and passively soak exp while their carry gets the odd last hit, sure, but that's not the way it's meant to be played.

With that being said, I prefer playing HotS nowadays. It's much less stressful.
>>
>>377413275

>The wow for d3 was before d3 launched
And?
It was a
>pleeeeaasse stay subbed for this year

The sales of D3 are irrelevant, its about keeping players in WoW.
And no, it absolutely was not at 10mil subs, it hasn't been since the start of WTLK you dumbass. As always, blizzdrones are easy to bait out and are vehement.
>>
>>377413349
No, that is one of the best.
If I play an assassin/carry/whatever and I play a great game, I deserve to be at a point where I can take down any enemy in a second or two.

This is good.

HotS is a casual brawlfest for people who are barely intelligent enough to understand "this thing on map blinks. I go to blinky thing"
>>
File: 23623626.gif (3MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
23623626.gif
3MB, 384x216px
>Farming
>Last hitting
>Skill

Lmao.

i used to play dota, hots is better
>>
>>377408187
Yes. Blizzard should listen to a high school drop out for game design ideas. They should have made a carbon copy of Dota/LOL but with blizzard heroes instead and compete directly against those games who have 50+ million people.
>>
File: 46034.jpg (50KB, 555x394px) Image search: [Google]
46034.jpg
50KB, 555x394px
>>377408187
>tedium = mechanical challenge
>>
>>377413258
But they don't do anything with that 3rd person perspective. If they worked in elevation mechanics like DotA it would be cool, but it's really just League but way zoomed in. The balance constantly feels tenuous, the abilities are mostly
boring, items predictable, skins are constantly references to other franchises instead of being creative, and that cancerous as fuck chest system is only forgiven because the God pack is great value
>>
>>377413091
I also assume that Hots has a lower player base than Dota and Leage of Legends, which does kinda make sense, considering it came out a good while after these two other games, and they do have quite massive player bases. I can imagine a lot of people never tried Hots because they had already found 'their' MOBA, and since these games have some kind of progression, at least in a cosmetic sense, I can see why some would be reluctant to switch to another game.

Why are you so negative about their promotions, though? It does make sense from a business standpoint, to give your players a little something in another game they play to coax them into trying out a game they wouldn't play otherwise. They are not the only ones doing that, even the company I work at does it with products that don't sell well, although that is slightly different.

I only played two or three Hots matches when it came out, and it was only because of the current Overwatch promotion that I actually got into Hots, now I play it semi-regularly. It's a good thing for Blizzard because their business plan worked, and it's a good thing for me because I found another game to play. I really don't see what's bad about it.
>>
>>377413359
Much less stressful just translates to a lot more casual
>>377413437
Just means you sucked ass at dota. It's okay.
At least in HotS you actually get to win some games I guess.
>>
>>377413360
Q1 2012 was 10 million plus when the promo started

Q2 2012 had just dropped to 9mil
Q3 2012 was back to 10 mil

D3 launched q2 2012

You're a fucking moron
>>
>>377413124
Nobody last hits for 20 minutes in DotA, unless you're like one of four pro carries whose team plays that way just for them.

In normal matches you can literally just roam or deathball constantly. If you're farming for 20 minutes, you've probably lost your team the game unless you're getting every fucking last hit and itemizing perfectly
>>
>>377413331
>But that's wrong.
There is nothing really fun about having constant team fights that last minutes because everything is so fucking tanky or deals so little damage.

See, that's the core of the problem, and this thread. Some people DO enjoy having constant team fights. Some people DO enjoy being able to last-hit. People enjoy different things, that's why there are different games that cater to them.

Just because you don't enjoy a certain mechanic, does not mean it should not exist, because there is always going to be another person who does enjoy it.
>>
>>377413509
Note that I was talking in favor of last-hitting as a mechanic. HotS is definitely a more casual game, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have its merits as a competitive game. It's just that DotA really stressed me out as I tried to push higher and higher, and I got burnt out doing that.
>>
>>377412916

Li Li can auto attack as well you know. Both characters have to worry about positioning, There's also a meta with Li Li where you become a front line character who baits people to over extend on you while you can escape from anything that isn't a hard CC, allowing your team to collapse on them. You can do a lot of risky aggressive business with her kit.

Brightwing, on the other hand, can just cast Q with no CD, keeping people under lockdown with massively reduced W and E cooldowns as well.

You don't really play either of these supports for the healing. If you think their healing skills are what determine how to play them then you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>377413478

I don't have to feel good about Blizzard doing better, they are a terrible company, and just because they lowered the standards of their franchises to the point where it pleases you, doesn't make me feel good either.
Its a big fat company with a big presence that can affect my hobby due ot their sheer size, and they influence it by making it a casualizing it into retardation.

Just because it makes them happy and it makes retards happy, its not a good thing.
>>
>>377413360
Why lie on the internet? I was 9-10 mil all thru 2012.
It's public knowledge.
>>
>>377413509
No one gives a shit that you can hit 70+ last hits in SF challenge. No one appreciates it other than yourself. People playing HoTS specifically for the team fight gameplay won't care about it either.
>>
>>377413509
I was 5k back in 2014 when i quit.

Your point?
Dota got boring and the constant changes in the metagame used to piss me off.
>>
>>377413675
I can understand that. And once again, I'm not saying HotS is shit, it does have its moments and a few of the heroes are actually somewhat enjoyable to play, but if this game is any indication of the future it leaves me worried with just how much more casual we'll get.

This is a Blizzard thing all around. It's not just HotS.
Look at Overwatch. Look at Hearthstone.
Same kind of "let's dumb it down for normies who otherwise play no games" trend.
>>
>>377413445
>carbon copy of Dota/LOL but with blizzard heroes
They did do that. They have ALL done that. Every iteration is just DotA, but easier and more money scamming! League, but easier and more scamming!

Do you not understand that these games are being dumbed down to the lowest denominator, some asshole who wants to put on le funny skin and mindlessly run at enemies?
>>
imagine playing 50min games and nothing happens lul
>>
>>377413695
Well, if your entire argument is that Blizzard is bad because it is a company and that people are retards when they do enjoy something that you don't, then there is really no point in drawing this discussion out any further.

I guess I just like video games.
>>
>>377413806
Imagine hitting an enemy hero for 1 minute and he's still alive.
>>
>>377413856
If it's a 1v1 this literally never happens unless maybe it's 2 healers?

Average ttk as an assassin or a tank with no healer is sub 15 seconds.

Most assassin's can be gibbed in 3 or 4.

Kys retard you don't play the game just say so
>>
>>377413349
Team work, placement, map awareness and knowing when to use your skills make part of the game.
Not the games fault you keep saving a game changing ult to get kills till the enemy team decide to gang you up and stop you from being a threat.
>>
>>377413419
>If I play an assassin/carry/whatever and I play a great game, I deserve to be at a point where I can take down any enemy in a second or two.

What defines a great game? You can do this in HotS too, if you're doing so great.
>>
>>377413806
nah, more like imagine playing any game you usually play rpg fps fighting etc, but instead of inputting the keys/controls directly you have to go through qtes to do so.
>>
>>377409112
goddamed dude, i miss dawngate like no other moba. the fucking lore was incredible good, and you can tell the developers really love what they where creating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3jKUBa-KB4
>>
>>377414016
> You can do this in HotS too, if you're doing so great.
No, you can't. Even Li-Ming will only ever obliterate zero HP heroes like Chromie or Murky.
>>
>>377413419
>If I play an assassin/carry/whatever and I play a great game, I deserve to be at a point where I can take down any enemy in a second or two.

That sounds very counter-intuitive for a game that is based around team fights.
>>
>>377414132
But you are wrong. These games are not all about team fights. And they shouldn't be, especially not when they inflate heroes' HP and tone down average dmg output so much like they did in HotS.

It just makes it an awful experience of constant brawling that feels like it never ends.
>>
>>377414247
You literally want to delete people without giving them the possibility of reaction.

Isn't that casual?
>>
>>377414247
Then don't play it you fucking moron

Wow solved that problem
>>
>>377410784
fuck that, you push like hell, so the towers use all the amunation.
>>
>>377414247
Well, team fights is arguably the largest part of it. If heroes would be able to one-shot others in two seconds, then there really wouldn't be that many team fights anymore, or a reason to move as a team for that matter.
>>
Xul bros, how do I into Xul? I can't find a balance between soaking like a mad skellyton and helping my team in fights/objectives.
>>
>>377414247

I mean, if you're bad at the game that's how it feels, sure.
>>
>>377414318
Their reaction was how they played through the entire game.

Why didn't they put up wards? Why didn't they deny creeps in the lane?
Why didn't they zone?
Why didn't they gank me?
Why didn't they keep the carry from getting fed?
Why didn't they stop them from doing Roshan or w/e?

So many whys.
All of those lead to you now dying instantly to a fed carry at the 40th minute mark. And that is okay. You deserve it.
>>
>>377414348

No, soak more.
>>
>>377414247
The way people approach these games is very different. The people who just want to dress up, fight, and not think about too much are going to gravitate towards the low stress shit like HotS. If you want to dick around with more complicated mechanics and resource management in a higher stress environment, there's DotA. League is the in-between and the most popular, but I've always suspected that was timing and luck.

I don't think one is inherently better than the other, but I do think it's undeniable that some are more difficult. To me, complicated is a good thing. I hate games dumbing things down and removing mechanics.
>>
File: HONNNN_1.jpg (53KB, 590x260px) Image search: [Google]
HONNNN_1.jpg
53KB, 590x260px
Never forget. It was too good for this world.
>>
>>377414397
You're playing a different game.

You don't play Street Fighter and then complain it's casual that you can't 100-0 people with a 30 second juggle, unless it's Alpha 3.
>>
>>377414490
Is League even more popular or is it only more popular because they have Tencent and thus the entire Asian market more or less?

I don't really care how many people sit in some internet cafe in Malaysia to play LoL
>>
>>377414446
Does that mean I go full skele build? I always want to go full skele, but I find myself grabbing the w upgrades to help fight heroes.
>>
>>377414528
It was good but Maliken and S2 suck ass.
Not only was their attitude disgusting but they should've also just made the game f2p with some skin and chest system from day 1.

Then HoN would still be around nowadays.
>>
>/v/ constantly shitposts about dota being causal
>/v/ is now whining about dota being too hard
>/v/ bragging about being casual and shitting on games that actually have a learning curve
This place is fucking retarded
>muh /v/ is one person
It's a hivemind of shitposts
>>
>>377414397
You might enjoy that, but others dislike MOBAs exactly because the end game can turn out like you describe and turn the game into a certain loss that you still have to play out.

What people enjoy in video games is highly subjective, so there is really no point in making this normative statements how things should be. Some people love obliterating others, some people love having long team fights and there is nothing wrong with either.
>>
>>377414660
Something a lot of people don't realize is that /v/ is very casual. Far more casual than one would imagine.

If you need any proof, just look at a D3 vs PoE thread where people unironically play softcore D3 for the story instead of playing HC seasons in PoE
>>
>>377414609
The thing about specialists is that they don't need to talent into pushing, their kit does it naturally. You can kinda build however the fuck you want, depending on how much attention the enemy team wants to give you.
>>
>>377414552
League pioneered a certain monetary model that is wildly successful, constantly imitated, and metasized into what I consider a cancer in video games. It came at the perfect time.

But it works. People get invested. People shell out so much money to put characters they either payed or grinded for (mostly) into funny costumes. Make them bright, make them quirky, make the game feel decent enough...keep them coming back. Frankly, it disgusts me, but I try really fucking hard not to pass judgement. I was stupid enough to pay money for a fucking Mass Effect game, so I'm clearly cancer too.
>>
>>377414781
I mean, even dota does that now.
Every year valve gets greedier and greedier with their game. Sure it's cosmetics, but still.
They've long since thrown any "keep it in style and fitting with the lore of the hero" out of the window.
>>
>>377414528
>You will never relive the days of HoNbeta
>>377414621
Garena has been doing a much better job of it since they took over but the damage is already done.
Cancerous cosmetics
Bloated hero pool
However atleast the game still plays like it should, Dota 2 isn't even dota anymore it's some weird combination of league of legends and HoTS both of which I hate
>>
>>377408187
You forgot the best part.

The gimmick of most of the maps is "just fucking nuke the enemy base lmao"
>>
>>377414715
Thanks senpai. I normally just play support, but I'm really enjoying Xul. I was playing a bunch of Sylvanis before, but his skeletons are so much fun. He just feels so much worse in comparison.
>>
>>377408187
>Dotards shitting up /v/ whenever HotS is mentioned
>I always like a challenge so decide to try out DotA 2
>Spend first twenty minutes of a match last hitting
>Have to go around farming camps and bounty gems
>Have to deal with courier and shop
>So much tedious bullshit for the first 30 minutes until people actually decide to fight each other
>Game is over after a FUCKING HOUR
>New match, rinse and repeat
>Could play 2-4 HotS matches for every DotA game

I'm a med student and I literally do not have time for this stupid, autistic, grindy ass game.
>>
>>377414707
I assumed so but the contrarian shitposters have gotten out of hand, any difficult game (dark souls, cs, dota etc.) has one camp going >ACTUALLY PLAYING THIS BABY NORMIE CASUAL BRAINDEAD SHIT and another going >WOW LOOK AT THESE MECHANICS FUCKING AUTISTS I PLAH GAMES FOR FUN WOOOW ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY ENG

I hate everyone
>>
>>377414661
Of course, I don't think anyone contests that people have different tastes. It's just when you say something like "certain loss", I instinctively reject that. I don't believe a match is ever lost and I will never give up. I've had too many amazing comebacks and, even in a loss, the satisfaction of making them fucking sweat for it. Not that those awful games don't exist, but I think it's predominantly an attitude thing.

Which is why my friends get super pissed off I'm always the last to surrender in Smite.
>>
>>377414957
Please stop visiting /v/
You don't belong here, you belong on some normie facebook gaming page
>>
>>377414965
Play and RNG. My autocorrect is retarded.

Also to the people who concede a game as lost the second something goes wrong, you're why the game actually is lost.
>>
>>377414842
I know. I always knew it would happen, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.
>>
>>377415039
Stop with this philosophy and you'll be as successful as I am. I've been on 4chan since 2007.
>>
>>377414957
What actually happens
>spam hots threads
>whine about dota players/make up bullshit excuses as to why you're bad to validate the fact you're too stupid to play a game that isn't a braindead watered down version of another one
>someone calls you retarded
>REEEEEE AUTIST TRYHARD DOTARDS SHITTING UP MY THREADS OMG U SO MAD LOL XDD
>>
>>377414957
You do understand that sitting around doing nothing was your decision, right? You understand there are cheap items specifically meant to allow early fighting?
You know you can teleport to any tower and gank at any time, from a variety of angles, right?

How is it the games fault you're retarded? That's like saying Dark Souls is boring because you can only fat roll and hide behind a shield.
>>
>>377414957
>I'm a med student
>>377415137
>I've been on 4chan since 2007
Where is the relevance?
I'm the president of the United States and I've been on 4chan since 2004 and I say you're fucking retarded
>>
>>377415185
Well, we all live in our own reality I suppose.
>>
>>377413243
lol artlantis
>>
>>377414965
The contrarian shitposting has always been out of hand, the annoying thing is everyone swallowing the bait and taking it as representative of the actual fanbase.

Of course, there's an argument to be made about whether or not people realize it's a false flag and are just playing along because it's fun to have a strawman to sling shit at
>>
>>377415264
Not an argument. If you faggots would just talk about your game instead of shitposting about other games/their players these threads wouldn't be full of shitposting, I'm only here because I saw autistic, deluded ramblings about dota from the front page
>>
>>377414621
I agree, but lets be fair: no one knew the genre would explode.
They picked a system with less potential, but less risk too.
S2 greatest sin was the real lack of advertising.
>>
>>377415194
I don't consider a poke or two at enemy heroes before they run away "fighting". By the way, I love Soulsborne games.

>>377415237

I think you might be a little too triggered
>>
>>377414621
I mean, HoN would probably still be pretty shit now, thanks to the heroes they've been putting out.
>>
>>377415369
Yes but gamergate and the election brought in a ton of underage morons from facebook to /pol/ who spread to /v/ drastically increasing the amount of contrarian shitposting, this kids also don't know how to take a joke and took the "we hate video games" thing seriously
>>
>>377415476
>I don't consider a poke or two at enemy heroes before they run away "fighting". By the way, I love Soulsborne games.

Then you play a good roamer and start setting up ganks at level 1.
>>
File: puppet.jpg (6KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
puppet.jpg
6KB, 128x128px
>>377415539
If Garena axed half of the hero pool and adopted dotas cosmetic model the game would have half a chance
>>
>>377415392
Oh to be fair OP was also shitposting, still doesn't excuse the retards like >>377408378
>>
>>377415476
The fault is with you. I know you want to be obtuse and pretend that you're intellectually superior to something/someone, but you decide how you play the game. There are a multitude of options that would allow you to play the game in a way you find satisfactory. Anything can work, as they say.

But you didn't give it a chance. You didn't attempt to problem solve. You consciously chose to do something boring, then complained about it. You didn't even have the wherewithal to think about what could be done different.

Perhaps if you're really what you say, you're too stressed and mentally drained to enjoy this game. That's fine. Different strokes for different folks. But that's on you.
>>
how is last hitting skill? Its just muscle memory from playing 100 hours in the game. You just don't learn to last hit. You just memroize after hundreds of hours how much X is gonna take before you gotta click X.

Its not a skillful mechanic at all and don't forget some champions can last hit easily while its harder for others so you gotta practice each time individually for each champion.
>>
>>377415545
How long have you been here? It's always been like this. A bit worse these days, true, but it's just another outbreak of the same cancer.
>>
>>377415794
Tell me, how much time does it take to give the game a chance, man? The only one looking to come off as intellectually superior is yourself, anon.
>>
>>377415853
how is hitting a baseball a skill? Its just muscle memory from playing 100 hours in the game. You just don't learn to hit a baseball. You just memroize after hundreds of hours how much X is gonna take before you gotta swing at X.

Its not a skillful mechanic at all and don't forget some pitches can be hit easily while its harder for others so you gotta practice each time individually for each type of pitch.
>>
>>377415853
>champions

Found your problem. Lane equilibrium, creep blocking, zoning, camp stacking/pulling, denying, timely rotations in and out of lane, rune control, early itemization, smoke ganks, toggling auras on and off to dick with people...

If you're just hitting creeps, you're a fuck up.
>>
>>377408187
>competetive game
>not challenging
literally doesn't make any sense but okay, if you think last hitting is the quint-essential mechanic that makes mobas enjoyable, then be that way, nobody cares
>>
>>377416110
I'm talking about league where you just hit cs poke damage and sit by tower.
>>
>>377408187
So league of legends?

what with all the new tank items and teams must always have two tanks at the very least
>>
>>377416085
How long did you play?

>no u
Medical grade insult there, buddy
>>
>>377416107
>>377415853
Absolutely BTFO
>>
>>377416107
Better analogy would be throwing the baseball rather than hitting it.
>>
>>377416174
>we need tank
Please stop sending your shitters over to us, tanks aren't really a thing over here, and I'm tired of people rage quitting because we don't have a "tank" to let them do stupid shit
>>
>>377415539
Is it that bad recently? I stopped playing when they released that one hero that literaly throw small explosive minions at the heroes. He was generic at best. Cant remember his name.
>>
>>377416240
I've been playing since last week, and so far I've been performing best with the windranger chick.

And dude, I'm not gonna respond to your novel of insults with another one.
>>
>>377415039
please kill yourself you autistic nigger faggot.
>>
Do people actually like the characters in this game? Not the gameplay but the actual design. At least lol and dota have some cool characters while none of blizzards ip's have good characters except Ana she's cool as fuck. I want to actually enjoy looking at my hero considering they are in view 99% of the time.
>>
>>377416393
A week isn't a long time, honestly. There is a lot to learn and even when you understand the basics, you have to play to make everything muscle memory. It's going to be hard and it's going to suck at first. Especially if you're as busy as you say. It's really, really hard to get good at this when you have limited play time. I can only fit in a few games a week, despite my love of the game, and I acknowledge this means I'll likely be garbage at the game unless I commit what little free time I have.

But it's rewarding to understand all the minutiae and to leverage your knowledge of the game against someone else. You'll play games that ruin your night, but you'll play others that have you coming back over and over.

Windranger seems to be an excellent choice this patch, though. Her invisibility talent looks to be potentially broken with what it offers. You can also make a ton of plays early game, utilizing Shackles and the huge damage of Powershot. If you want to take a mental break between classes, look over some guides, or watch some pros. A guy named w33 has pulled some sick moves with WR, while a guy called 1437 did some seriously outrageous stuff as support WR by blinking, planting trees, than shackling people to them.

And if the game isn't for you, that's fine. It's not overwhelming popular for a reason.
>>
>>377415290
Lol tassadar
>>
>>377416903
Everyone with an Eva recolor is usually good.
>>
>>377416393
The game has some learning curve, specially remembering the heroes and skills, but the thing is, the laning phase gets cooler when you get out of the shitty ranks and have team work (or when you play with friends).
Sure kill laning combos, roaming, constants ganks and even some crazy ideas like lvl 1 all 5 gank mid and take down the tower works on different levels of play.
>>
>>377416903
cool opinions dude
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.