[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Alright dudes, this is our first actual gameplay trailer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 5

File: UGH.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
UGH.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>Alright dudes, this is our first actual gameplay trailer. The first impressions we set are the most important part! How do we sell players on our sequel after our first game lost a lot of players early on?
>Alright uh how about uhh... Slowly walking through a level and leisurely shooting things, telegraphing an absolutely minimal level of tension and danger?

Why do developers do this? Even as a person far more optimistic about games than most of the /v/-posters I know, when DOOM did it I lost a lot of hope for the game. These guys have watched an action movie before, right?
>>
>>377388324
Finna cringe
>>
I'd like to see a gameplay trailer with some pro player flying through the levels headshotting shit while going sideways
>>
Its so slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_PwEJom5YE
Tittyfall2 and DOOM spoiled me
>>
>>377388324

Developers often err on the side of caution of showing spectacle and ensuring that they show off the new elements integrated than just allow free-flowing play, which, as we are all want to do, ignores these new narrative notes in favor of good position/ hastiness. In this case, they also knew all those in the live audience would be getting a run at it in moments anyways, so better make sure that content is successfully presented to those at home to maximize awareness.
>>
Trailer thread ?
Obligatory armored core post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwq1n6vsXU
>>
>>377388324
It was less about skill level and more about showing off the graphics and the class and weapon layout changes to hud changes to new weapons to everything.

If you go fast you get the skill aspect but not the "this is what is different from D1"
>>
>>377388671

You got me all excited that it was a different announcement this day...

And to just say, I hope I see Chromehounds first.
>>
>>377388704
I know developers are absolutely terrified of something going wrong during their first showing, but is there really such a large risk in trying to have a little spectacle in the gameplay itself?

They made the gameplay look more dull than it already is.
>>
>>377388804

A fair point, I also was whelmed by what I saw.
>>
>>377388515
At least this is Destiny 1 speed which can still get hectic, just in the way Halo is with stupid levels of instant-kill explosives flying around all the time.

The trailer was slower than slow.
>>
Is that really how the game plays? It looked slow as fuck and easy as hell. The dude playing just stood out in the open and let himself get shot. Please tell me the first game played better than that shit.
>>
>>377389030
in harder missions the game plays a little more like an MMO-y Halo, with large swarms of enemies that can kill you quickly.
>>
>>377389136
That sounds like it'd be great. I was just wondering because I've never felt so bored watching the first gameplay of a game as I was with this.
>>
>>377388324
Was it just me or this fucking video was pretty fucking close to Halo (older ones) in terms of 'casually shoot faces'?
>>
>>377388804
>I know developers are absolutely terrified of something going wrong during their first showing, but is there really such a large risk in trying to have a little spectacle in the gameplay itself?

The game play was clearly prerecorded, so thats a non issue. It was choreographed to show off a bunch of different things at different times.

Going slow was a very conscious choice for the aforementioned reasons in my previous post.

That said, destiny was never a fast paced shooter like doot or titan fall so if that's what you want this game is not for you.
>>
>>377389407
No, but

What's stopping you from slowing down during lore points and doing the "slowly walk around and observe" stuff AND trying to show off gameplay in a slick and interesting to watch way during combat? Being pre-recorded means there's even less risk of something going wrong.
>>
>>377389718
>What's stopping you from slowing down during lore points and doing the "slowly walk around and observe" stuff AND trying to show off gameplay in a slick and interesting to watch way during combat?

Having people miss key selling points that they wanted to show off? They clearly and deliberately showed off a ton of individual aspects.
>>
>>377390132
Yes, but it's an action game.

Nobody's going to give a fuck about your carefully manufactured selling points if the key parts of the game are shown off badly.
>>
>release a teaser to a trailer
>its a quip filled mess from the 2nd worst character in the game
>was bashed on
>trailer comes out
>its still a fucking teaser
>even than it confirms everyone's fears and fucks returning players in the ass
>try to hype it up even more with promise of gameplay, a month later
>even more fans are disappointed, others jumped ship, the most optimistic people are still hanging on
>day finally comes and gameplay is revealed
>show barely anything except an extremely linear level, new powers are barely an upgrade, cheap "nostalgia" moment
>than announce that it will have the same content as day 1 Destiny, 4 boring maps and 1 raid, despite the fucking eververse bullshit existing so they can add more shit to Destiny (and this came from the mouth of Bungie themselves before that microtransaction shit came out)
>lose more fans
>finally release a real gameplay video, it's the first strike showing with separate videos showcasing all 3 classes and there new moves
>hardly anything changed, classes (despite some new moves) are still the same, enemies still look the same, AI is still stupid, level design is still dull and the same, even the final battle is still the same
>no actual improvements to the gameplay, no innovation for the gameplay, not even any cool new trick to each class
>literally the only thing thats changed is the fucking UI
what did Bungie mean by this?
>>
>>377390197
Nothing was shown off badly, just slowly. Again, destiny is not a fast paced shooter. If that was a wanted selling point for you, then the game is not for you.
>>
>>377390197
except they do. this event was made for destiny 1 players, they said as much in interviews. it was done this way to show the audience the key differences between the two games. it was not marketed towards you.
>>
>>377388324
>it looks like fucking borderlands and boring as fuck
Youtube comments
>looks BADASS
>YEEEEAH ANOTHER SHOOTING GAME! FUCK YEAH
I don't get casuals
>>
>>377390303
This is a really bad argument, dude.

Showing off action needlessly ponderously is bad action. Destiny isn't doom fast, but it's a lot faster than that and they failed to show it off in an attention-grabbing way.
>>
>>377390256
someone didn't pay attention
>>
>>377390256
>claims of fans jumping ship
>only hardcore fans left at game play release

In reality the livestream had half a million people watching at 10 am on a Thursday. You sir, are off base.
>>
>>377388324
I've been noticing this trend too. Obviously events in those showcases are staged. I think they're afraid someone will miss their que, or not looking at someone when they're doing "cool move no. 38" I think showcasing the game is more important than giving us an idea of actual gameplay
>>
>>377390372
>slow = bad

OK guy, we get it. Game is not for you. Don't buy it.
>>
I watched a minute of it and I liked the bizarre looking revolver.
>>
>>377390354
I'm a Destiny 1 player, I still want to see how the game actually plays in the hands of someone not playing it slower than the game actually is.

>>377390537
It was played slower than the game actually is, though. Guy was walking slowly, aiming slowly, not reacting to getting shot - it could barely be called a gameplay demo because it was clearly built to show off cinematics more than anything else.

You could argue that the DOOM demo was played slowly to "show off mechanics" and it could even be more warranted because DOOM is an entirely new game as opposed to a iterative sequel - it doesn't make it not a bad idea to show off an action game like that.

Not wanting a gameplay demo to play leagues slower than the actual game to the point where it can hardly be called gameplay=/=wanting it to be doom-tier fast
>>
>>377390256
>MUH TANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>377390771
it plays like destiny, with a 2.

why does everyone want a completely different game? it's a sequel not a new IP.
>>
>>377390853
The guy didn't even play it like Destiny.
>>
>>377390909
because it's a trailer not a live stream, are you thick?
they take it slow so people can see what the differences are.
regardless the actual gameplay is on youtube if you want to see actual gameplay.
>>
>>377390909
here
https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=EgIIAg%253D%253D&q=destiny+2+strike
>>
>>377390909
No shit and people play don't play Destiny the way it was first presented,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBNdrJMwrkc
>>
>>377391051
>they take it slow so people can see what the differences are
But you just said there are no differences so what's the point of playing it slowly in a way that doesn't implicate the actual gameplay for no reason
>>
>>377390771
>>377390909
Because it was showing off game play elements.

I cant understand your issue here. If you played destiny you know damn well how it's going to play speed wise. They stated this reveal was for destiny fans, aka, people with knowledge of the game. You don't need to see how fast it plays because you already know.

Why do I have to explain this to you like a child?

>b....but I'm to simple of a man to infer, it MUST be given to me.
>>
>>377391175
there are no real differences in the moment to moment gunplay. there are however differences between the two games as a whole.
>>
File: 1490308528230.jpg (62KB, 623x713px) Image search: [Google]
1490308528230.jpg
62KB, 623x713px
>>377388515
>same UI
>same mechanics
>same classes
>even the same fucking loading screen

How exactly is this a sequel?
It's just a standalone content patch for the first game.

Not to mention Cayde-6's personality being run into the fucking ground and the Ghost being written full of juvenile humor.

HAHA, WE'RE ON THIS IMPORTANT MISSION AND HE WANTS TO STOP FOR MILK! METAPHOR, LOL

What the fuck is happening
>>
>>377391175
>But you just said there are no differences.

In game play speed you dense fuck.

Jesus. Don't get the game. Don't get it. Please don't. Don't buy. Do not buy.

Borderlands 2 is more your intellectual level.
>>
>>377391272
I get where you're coming from. But we need to calm down. We can anticipate it but let's just wait till the release to confirm what is or isn't true.
>>
>>377391272
Turns out AAA games are expensive to make, Anon. They're adding some sprinkles to the vanilla ice cream they served in 2014. If you liked Destiny, congrats, you get more Destiny. If you didn't like it then, well, chances are looking pretty good you won't like it now.
>>
>>377391272
This.

The only thing I can give it credit for is not doing that shitty "haha fellow gamers XD tango down" hired voice actors thing that Ubisoft does for every single game.
>>
>Game won't be on Steam
What the fuck are they thinking?
>>
>>377391484
MUH HAAAAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>377391178
If it's for people with knowledge of the game why do they have to play it so slowly and poorly to spoonfeed easily observable information to a fanbase that already generally knows what's going on?

If VALVe did a gameplay teaser for Half-Life 3 building off of the sequel and the combat was as terribly "walk slow, stand still, take hits, take time shooting back" I'd be just as incredulous about it because it's a bad gameplay teaser. Unless you're insulting the intelligence of the fanbase there is -no need- to slow down the combat to show off what's different because they know exactly what's going on. The only way that defense works is if you're trying to break it down for new players who are completely lost in the game's mechanics, but you just said this is for destiny veterans. Your only excuse seems to be "well why not"

Do you know what a good way to show off new mechanics is? In gameplay that seems like actual gameplay.
>>
>>377388419
Lul
>>
>>377391560
>why did a developer play slowly to show of a metric ton of new game play elements while leaving out base elements fans already know?

Do. Not. Buy. This. Game.
>>
>>377391484
Wouldn't make any sense to pay Valve to host their product when they already have their own launcher to use.

The only benefit of putting it on Steam would be exposure, but ActiBlizzard & Destiny are big enough that they don't need it. And more people installing the Blizzard launcher means more people get exposed to HotS and Hearthstone and their other games. It's all about potential revenue.
>>
>>377391560
>If VALVe did a gameplay teaser for Half-Life 3 building off of the sequel and the combat was as terribly "walk slow, stand still, take hits, take time shooting back"
as opposed to HL2 gameplay teasers where the gameplay was "oh that soldier is shooting at me maybe I should slowly look around a pick a physics props to block his path"?
>>
>>377391484
>What the fuck are they thinking?
That Activision is the publisher and they're part of Activision Blizzard which merged a long time ago, allows them to take full share while utilizing a client a TON of people already have because of WoW, Heathstone, and Overwatch, and combine the launcher with the client?
>>
>>377391272
>why is a sequel similar and not an entirely new game.

Gee idk, let's get the mystery machine and figure it out.
>>
>>377391739
>leave out base elements
properly playing the game does not constitute "leaving out new elements for the old ones" because he's still playing the base elements, just needlessly badly
>metric ton of new gameplay elements
In the combat? Name... Let's say 7.
>>
>>377391895
>game play is comprised only of combat
>playing slow = bad

Do.
Not.
Buy.
This.
Game.
>>
>>377391970
Are you trying to trick me, anon?
>The combat is the only part of the game and teaser being discussed and was the main and basically only focus of the gameplay trailer
>In a game about reaction times and aim slowly walking towards the enemy, letting them shoot you, and taking your time aiming and firing back is a bad showcase of gameplay, needless to older players that know what's going on and a bad representation of the game to new players
>>
>>377392121
>Destiny is a game about reaction times

DO.
NOT.
BUY.
THIS.
GAME.
>>
>>377392282
>I can shoot as slow and react to fire as slow as i want and i'll be a-okay in the vault of glass!

Maybe you shouldn't
Buy
This
Game
>>
>>377392340
>VoG is about reaction and twitch gameplay

Kek
>>
>>377392282
Name one FPS that doesn't require reaction time
>>
>>377392456
>This game isn't about reaction time so I can just slowly run into the aegis shield like no rush right haha come on dude this game is about STRATEGY not acting quickly
>>
>>377391872
>similar
It's not "similar". It's the exact same fucking game.

Good sequels improve on the formula of the first game. They fix things that didn't work well the first time around and also introduce new elements. Even those yearly EA Sports games manage to pull this off to some degree.

If you, as a developer, can look at your first game and go "yeah, that's good enough, let's just model some new levels and sell it again", then you have not made a good sequel.
>>
>>377392469
Overwatch with solider 76 :^)
>>
>>377392705
T. Bronze
>>
>>377392556
>It's the exact same fucking game.

Oh nice. Odd I don't remember losing the tower. Hmmmm. Can you remind me how the first mission goes again?
>>
>>377392740
Not an argument
>>
>>377392797
Which sequel was Taken King? Was that Destiny 1.3, or 1.4? I can't remember. All these sequels are confusing.
>>
>>377392797
That's a dumb example.

You could've pointed out a few of the small genuine gameplay changes and kept the argument going but instead you just point out a new level, something that could be DLC
>>
File: 1475464845985.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475464845985.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>377391813
So the smarter EA is finally going full speed ahead with it's own gamestore client?
>>
>>377392556
>Good sequels improve on the formula of the first game.

Game play and classes were not the problem with D1, and if it did then don't get D2. Everything else was.
>>
>>377392898
Dumb statements get dumb retorts.
>>
>>377392556
have you played Destiny?

I was "forced" to play it for a year and the gameplay is not the problem of it in the slightest. I'm honestly glad it plays the same, because again it was fun and not bad. You don't want the sequel to change up the gameplay to make it better, you want it to be different for difference sake you dumb ass. There's nothing to fix gameplay wise, just very minor tweaks which im sure they made. The HUD didn't need a lot of change ether because it works and goes with the game, like how you can always tell the Halo HUD because it never really changed.

You dumb fucks don't understand a good sequel at all. They're doing a sequel right for once. Also Japan does this shit ALL THE TIME and NO ONE bitches about it.
>>
>>377392930
Origin isn't exactly a failure, it's still pretty good for EA.

It's forever good for the consumer for Steam to have competition, too. Chairman Mao himself could set up a gamestore client and if it prevents Valve from having a monopoly that allows them to abuse customers any way they like without reason for them to pause, it's a good thing.
>>
>>377391459
Are you kidding? They did exactly this. The dialogues are infuriating
>>
>>377393034
I don't know about "doing a sequel right" but they at the very least don't look like they're trying to fix what isn't broken. I'm expecting to be proven wrong with sniper rifles being moved from secondary to heavy, but we'll see how that plays out
>>
>>377391459
>y "haha fellow gamers XD tango down"
what?
>>
File: 1473928064441.jpg (54KB, 362x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473928064441.jpg
54KB, 362x500px
>The game trailer doesn't excite me
You know, if the original game looked like this when it was announced I probably would've been really excited. But now I just can't find it in me. The ship has sailed. I want new IPs. I don't care about Destiny.
>>
File: 1470022156928.jpg (46KB, 680x483px) Image search: [Google]
1470022156928.jpg
46KB, 680x483px
>>377393108
That's what I'm figuring, I hadn't kept up with Acti-Blizz in so long I didn't even know they had their own store app
>>
>>377393323
Maybe. But if you look there is a grenade launcher in the secondary, along with a pulse rifle.

They were a bit ambiguous, but from what I understand any weapon can be any type, just either physical only, elemental or special.
>>
>>377393385
I thibk they are talking about stuff like the Division. When it was shown off you saw people in a squad slowly walking around in the abandoned city talking like they think theyre in the actual military squad and pretty much acting like no one would online. I dont have too much of an issue with scripted because hey they have a certain amount of time to wow people and want to make sure everything they want to show is shown but those voices in some of the initial gameplay reveal regardless of the company are almost always annoying
>>
>>377388515
Whatever that lava revolver thing he's using is sounds fucking orgasmic. Must be exotic.

>you can now equip a kinetic hand cannon and an energy hand cannon

I'll take 10 copies.
>>
>>377395059
>mfw special handcannon

That's 3 handcannons per handcannon
>>
>Why is the Sequel not totally different than the previous entry?
Yeah cause everyone loved Dead Space 3, and Lost Planet 3 for shaking up their "stagnant" games in fun and exciting ways.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.