[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like the shotgun is really the only good weapon in this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

File: 1492448463675.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1492448463675.png
2MB, 1600x900px
I feel like the shotgun is really the only good weapon in this game. All the others are situational and/or have very limited ammo throughout the game.
>>
Wrench is pretty good too. They're all pretty good in their own ways.
>>
>limited ammo
you can literally make ammo from chairs
>>
The pistol/gold pistol are pretty nice fully upgraded
>>
>>377388028
Yeah but using those recycle charges never gives as many materials as it takes to make
>>
>>377387796

You felt wrong. Updated Qbeam melts the Typhon, Gloo Gun is still useful against mimics right up until the end of the game, even the pistol is good for stealth attacks and cheesing Typhon from a distance.
>>
File: 1483976362587.png (114KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1483976362587.png
114KB, 320x320px
>>377387796
What kind of massive casual runs out of ammo? Are you using the shotgun to kill mimics or just blasting the shotgun randomly into the air every few seconds?
>>
>>377388103
yeah but what is the point of having them then
just stack a bunch of shit and use them
collect garbage
wait until you get the the giant recycler that can take big object
>>
>>377388207
I don't run out of ammo, I just don't see the point of crafting any other ammo with how good the shotgun is.

Everything else is just a waste of mats.
>>
>>377388353
the shotgun doesnt have range
at all
>>
>>377388415
Doesn't matter.

You can sprint in close to anything and enable slowmo and annihilate pretty much anything in the game.
>>
>get the summon phantom ability
>sounds like a fucking jet engine following me around

ive made a mistake
>>
>>377388492
oh so you play on normal?
lmao why are you even using the shotgun then
just use the wrench
>>
File: 1492857435460.jpg (31KB, 369x434px) Image search: [Google]
1492857435460.jpg
31KB, 369x434px
>>377388574
Because the shotgun kills in half the time.
>>
>not killing exclusively with thrown items
>>
>>377388574

you can do it on any difficulty retard, the only thing that changes is how many times you have to do it to kill whatever it is you're spamming to death
>>
>>377388509
>loot dead body
>turn it into phantom
>you can loot it again when it dies
worth
>>
>>377388574
You sneak up - dat sneak damage
You slow mo level 3
You fire at point blank
Psychoshock
Fire until dead

Its so easy to kill anything even on nightmare
>>
>>377389735
Similar to how I've been playing
>sneak up
>psychoshock 3
>fully upgraded shotty to face
kills everything
>>
>Poltergeists cant actually damage you
>They never spawn with anything else so they cant even run support

I dont get it
>>
>>377387796

What's wrong with situational weapons though?
>>
>things you noticed too late
>using the sinks in bathrooms restores shit ton of psi
>>
>>377390326

that only happens once you put the typhon stuff in the water supply
>>
>>377387796
I feel the same pretty much.
It's not that the other weapons were bad, seemed like they all were viable, it's just that the shotgun was too good.
>>
>>377390389
oh yeah forgot about that does it restore a bunch of health if you don't do that then
>>
>>377387796
>not Q-BEAM
This bad boy literally melts alien fuckers
>>
>>377390279
I feel like physics props were meant to cause damage, there's even a mod that reduces damage from max thrusting into a wall in zero G, but they took it all out because people are retarded and will bounce a box off a wall and hit themselves in the head with it.
>>
>>377390524
I picked it up, used it exactly once, and then ignored it for the rest of the game. It takes so fucking long to kill anything if you don't upgrade it.
>>
>don't see the fuss about the shotgun, the pistol is pretty good too
>upgrade damage to max
>everything dies in a single shot
What amazes me is that there's no rifle. I'm not just missing it, right? The pistol and the shotty, that's all they give you for regular weapons?
>>
>>377390829
2 pistols shotgun qbeam and the wrench are all the attack weapons
>>
>>377390901
and the stun gun
>>
>>377390607
you can definitely still hurt yourself from going too fast in zero g
>>
>>377390607
Physics props still do damage. You can pick up something that requires leverage and walk forward while dropping it. It'll fall on you and do damage.
>>
>>377387796
So does the stun gun cause cause dudes to take extra damage if you stun them from stealth ? I don't deal as much damage as a sneak attack, but I seem to deal more damage overall well laying into them with the wrench from a sneak stun.
>>
The game absolutely needed more weapons.

The skill tree wasn't very in-depth, but it was reasonable for a 2017 game.

Imagine a grenade launcher that could fire a version of all the other nades, as well as its own conventional ammo. An assault rifle has no reason to not be in the game as a late game long range alternative to the pistol. And number one on the list of shit I wish the game had is some kind of advanced melee weapon.

Unfortunately, this shit is Denuvo, so we'll never see mods that improve it. And the shit sales mean they're probably cancelling or drastically reducing the scope of any DLC.
>>
What was your first build like for the game ? I pretty much stayed wtih "human" related upgrades right until the end, where I got Mindjack and it made it really fucking EZ, being able to stop the elemental typhons doing anything.
>>
>>377390607
I dunno man, I've damaged myself from from merely picking up a corpse and throwing it, somehow.
>>
>>377391447
I went full Typhon, but then found out that literally all I needed was that one damage ability that locked psy, and maybe mimic for easy room access.
>>
>>377391427
there are emails about the security weapons and assault rifles but yeah should've been one
>>
>>377391447
everything pretty much all upgraded except for like 3 or 4
>>
If I've just got the ability to scan coral, how much of the main quest is left?

Also, is that chick down in the reactor room on some kind of secret timer, or does she not die until a certain story trigger?
>>
>>377388181
upgraded pistol can kill the nightmare in 5 seconds. Or at least it can when I spook and dump two magazines into it in 5 seconds
>>
>>377392098
There is a two hour timer in the objective menu.
>>
>>377392098
like 1/3 maybe? you're about to get a bunch of side quests at once so if you do them all and explore everything you have quite a bit left i would say
>>
>>377392105
Playing on normal and kill a nightmare in five shotgun shells.

Not sure if one has ever hurt me. I wonder if the nightmares are supposed to be more dangerous.
>>
>>377390490
All water sources heal 1hp per usage.
>>
>>377392252
The skill that doubles healing from food also makes water heal two.

But I only ever utilized that at the beginning because I was autistic abou recycling every single item including medkits.

Now I think I can fabricate a thousand shotgun rounds and have sixty medkits.
>>
I just started earlier, but was too tired to get far. Only killed a few mimics.

Did i goof starting on hard? i have a wrench, and just found the goo gun, but i died in like 2 hits and closed to get some rest.
>>
>save the african chocolate man even though he's obviously evil or some shit
>he squats in my room and constantly blocks the fabricator when I'm trying to make 20 neuromods in a row
Fuck this guy.
>>
>>377392210
The problem is they don't hunt you aggressively enough. They kill in one hit and when they do actually use their fear debuff it's spooky but the problem is everytime I run into one it just kinda yells at me across the room, shoots it's useless projectile and won't chase me.

I want a mod where it is literally running after me and I have to sprint and jump on shit to get away. Not walk into a room and casually walk back and forth to dodge it's yellow balls while deciding whether to kill it or just walk away.
>>
>>377392382
The game is super easy even on hard, I honestly wish I started on nightmare. Just goo up the mimics and wrench them for an insta-kill.

It gets easier when you find a gun, and super easy when you find the psychoscope.
>>
>>377392382
the beginning is tough regardless after that it's pretty easy
>>377392383
make sure you talk to him and do all of his requests
>>
>>377392382
you become all powerful pretty quickly, i kind of regret starting on normal.
>>
>>377392383
>Save the russian chick
>Show her the vid of me killing her father
>She tells me she hates me and can't stand to look at me right now
>Hit talk as soon as she's done
>"Glad to see you"

Feel like it would have been easy to just cut off her dialogue prompt for a while after that quest.
>>
>>377392441
It can't even fit through half the doors. I just null psy on it and then murder it every time.
>>
>>377392441
wasn't there a patch that made it constantly go after you instead of waiting to see you? dunno if it released
>>
>>377392382
start on nightmare
>>
>>377392487
>>377392529
>>377392561

ahh, i kinda figured once i get some guns and shit it would be not bad.

Thanks
>>
>>377392569
I mean that's the coolest part about them. They CAN fit through any door. The first and best time I ran into it I ran through a little door and figured I'd wait it out in safety, then it pokes it's head through, warps it's body and just fucking comes in the room with me. It was shocking and spooky and all in all a great encounter, but it's never happened again because they're so fucking passive and shitty. All they need is to be more aggressive and they'd be a pretty fucking good enemy type.
>>377392681
I haven't played in 2 days but last time it was just as shitty and docile as ever. I hope they patch in (or someone mods in) a serious aggresion boost. They give you so many interesting ways of moving through the levels and stuff but there's never any reason to do it quickly, even though it feels pretty good to move quickly. I want a scenario where a nightmare chases me through the entire level, forcing me to be sprinting, jumping between levels, maybe actually using the slide? I bet you didn't even remember that this game has a power slide did you. It's literally worthless because there is never any reason to move quickly. If there's an enemy you want to kill you sneak up and shoot it with the shotgun and if there's one you want to avoid you casually walk away because it's not gonna do anything even if it does sense you which they never do even without sneak perks.
>>
>>377393071
used to slide alot it's not for speed it's for ducking under attacks
>>
>>377393210
What attacks? The only attacks that ever hit me is the shit that is near unavoidable like AoE's or operator's coming out of nowhere with fire. Everything else you can just take a step in any direction and be fine.
>>
>>377391619
Regen 2 is fucking godly for end game

It just removes any threat of losing hp from mimics , operators And those fucking military operators

It just saves so much effective hp
>>
Pistol is equally good with upgrades, I usually kill a Telepath or Technopath with Electrobolt + 3-4 shotguns + 1 clip of pistol as it
>>
>>377393651
golden pistol shits on it though
>>
>>377393980
O only slightly but it looks cringe as fuck.
I'd rather have the normal one and shoot 1 extra bullet.
>>
Fuck, where is Calvino's cup? How do I open his safe?
>>
>>377394514
it's in the same room, to the right when walking down the stairs you have to carry it over to the table
>>
File: smug.png (5KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
5KB, 420x420px
>tfw as soon as possible got mobility II, the phantom shift (blink) ability, and a fully upgraded shotgun
>tfw running and sliding around the room at blinding speeds, teleporting around phantom niggas and pumping them full of buckshot

Who /2fast/ here

People who say the combat isn't that fun should try this out, it was pretty goddamn entertaining for the majority of the game, everything kind of went to shit though at the end when the game just spammed those annoying military operators who were a fucking pain to fight and I just started running past everything and not even bothering to deal with them
>>
>>377394669
Nope, still nothing. Can you break it? Maybe I accidentally did
>>
>>377394974
they weren't that annoying they stop spawning as long as one is in the broken state
>>
>>377394974
Phantom shift is fucking godly against the enemies trying to run away from you. Only costs 10 psi per use so you can play as a vanguard as much as you want.
>>
>>377395143
don't think so i found it on the ground behind the toolbox just gotta look around and behind stuff
>>
>no SMG

It's trash.
>>
>>377396247
>no rocket launcher
wtf i hate prey now
>>
File: 1460350367374.jpg (62KB, 653x612px) Image search: [Google]
1460350367374.jpg
62KB, 653x612px
>that room where you touch the green buttons on the looking glass and then you get a screamer

never expected it for some reason
>>
>>377396589
>those footsteps after that
>>
>>377396589
What looking glass ? I've played through the game once and I've never encountered it.
>>
>>377396879
in the locking glass station
>>
>>377396589
In psychotronics, in that dude's office to the left once you enter the room with all the phantoms in capsules. There's like a secret door to a conference room you get if you turn the power on
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.