[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dungeon Crawling Science Fiction Spacepunk RPG >Plays

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 00000000000000.jpg (117KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
00000000000000.jpg
117KB, 800x450px
>Dungeon Crawling Science Fiction Spacepunk RPG
>Plays like old-school Shin Megami Tensei
>5 FUCKING DAYS

Why the FUCK aren't you talking about it?
>>
Well whats it called.
>>
>>377383625
not much marketing. (Grimcock had a few youtube video).
>>
>>377383691
StarCrawlers

It's almost out of Early Access! Hope you like it! Haha.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/318970/StarCrawlers/
>>
>>377384431
No dude, it's LEAVING Early Access on May 23rd. So you don't have to worry about EA bullshit.
>>
Shameless bump
>>
Is there going to be player created content?
>>
>>377386508
I don't think it really needs it since the missions are procedurally generated and so are the dungeon maps.
>>
>>377386661
>pseudo generated meme
DROPPED
>>
>>377383625
> "StarCrawlers is sci-fi dungeon done right" - Destuctoid

I never knew that was an established genre, but it should be.
>>
>>377386742
I was waiting for some retard to say this. It's a classic cRPG game. They're just boxed rooms you fucking faggot. There's also a story mode. So after when you're done you can just go out and do missions.
>>
how does it play? is the gameplay fresh?
>>
>Unity engine

Dropped.
>>
>>377383625
Because nobody has ever heard of it, and you didn't post your games name you fucking shill.

Also if it's early access, I hope you know I plan on pirating it, then shit talking it.
>>
>>377388036
Review from Steam:

>One of the coolest roguelikes I have ever played!

>- Early Access devs that actually care (rare!).
>- Cool developing story, and a clear choice to follow it or ignore it.
>- Character/class development that matters.
>- Excellent scifi atmosphere in a rogue-like environment.
>- A universe filled with factions you can manipulate in all kinds of ways.
>- Choices towards factions actually come back to bite you, or help you!
>- Turn based combat, vicious as well as challenging.
>- Step based exploration, old school 3D tile style.
>- Weapons & Armour you can collect and modify ingame.
>- Great variety in environments, adversaries and quests.
>- The occassional dungeon puzzle.
>- Ironman mode, invoking great sense of achievement.
>-off Service Robots that throw kitchenware at you.

>10/10 would rob large corporations for shady revolutionaries again

>>377388142

No it isn't.
>>
>>377388215
thanks for that, but I'm turned off by vicious turned based combat desu, makes it seem too RNG based
>>
>>377388437
This is the type of shit old-school RPG level designs worked. It uses a similar DnD type design. You probably won't like classic roleplaying games probably better off with upcoming Destiny 2 or something.
>>
>>377388634
>destiny 2

no I dont own a console, and I liked playing Legend of Grimrock so fuck you very much
>>
File: 666.png (1B, 486x500px)
666.png
1B, 486x500px
>>377383748
>>377384548
>Early Access
>>
>>377388884
It's going to be a full game in 5 days you autist
>>
Does it have waifus?
Vita has conditioned me to require waifus in my DRPGs.
>>
>>377388215
>No it isn't.
Yes it is.

If your reply isn't "Oh silly me I've never looked at the opening screens of the game I'm shilling to see the giant MADE IN UNITY logo" then don't bother
>>
>>377389284
then dont play it or anything for that matter since you have such refined tasted in video games
>>
>>377389570
What did I say? Don't fucking bother

I can guarantee I've played it for longer, over a longer period than you
>>
>>377390127
I feel compelled to shitpost to you, but I wont
>>
>>377390187
What's that? I can't hear you over you admitting you've never even opened the .exe
>>
>>377388036
Think something like a sci-fi wizardry with less story but you can generate random dungeon floors with missions. Haven't played it in ages because myy PC shat itself but it was alright.
>>
Looks pretty cool. You seem like an ultra shill though OP
>>
>>377390127
You're such a faggot. This game does run on Unity but it's optimization is fine.

Your point has zero relevancy. Just more bitching about muh unity.
>>
>>377383625
Because grimoire is actually fucking coming out after 20 years in development.
>>
I hate when something I kind of like is posted about on /v/ because it is either shilled to all hell or shat on entirely. No one just thinks its pretty good and lets it go at that.
>>
I will try it just because Atlus won't give SJ another chance other than DEEP
>>
Could never get into any dungeon crawler games. I loved Might and Magic 6-8, but ones before that, or Grimrock, or the multitude of 3DS games, all couldn't keep me playing for more than few hours.
>>
>>377391079
God forbid I talk about vidya on /v/ because I might be shilling.
>>
>>377391321
>Could never get into any dungeon crawler games.
It's important that the in-game world and the lore are top-notch quality because that's where the majority of the joy (usually) comes from.

Going through a dungeon to fight off monsters, inventory management, making sure you have the right equipment are ultimately chess-like decisions and that's where usually the gameplay and challenge is. It's a roleplaying game don't expect it to be actiony at all.
>>
>>377391449
Well, there was no roleplaying in those games I played. It was just going through dungeon fro the sake of going through next dungeon. As opposed to M&M which was glorious, roleplaying was first and clearing dungeons was second.
>>
>>377383625
Where´s the vita version
>>
File: tip 1474033998170.jpg (151KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
tip 1474033998170.jpg
151KB, 960x960px
>>377388142
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.