[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why the fuck is every god damn enemy in this game either a Bokoblin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1544.jpg (137KB, 650x529px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1544.jpg
137KB, 650x529px
why the fuck is every god damn enemy in this game either a Bokoblin or a Lizalfos?

Where the fuck are the Dark Nuts? Poes? Redeads?

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY?

Also why are the Hinox pigs? That just makes the bare bones Enemy variety feel even smaller
>>
Waah waah they're not rehashing and pandering to MY nostalgia ENOUGH! WHY ISN'T EVERYTHING EXACTLY THE SAME AS WHEN I WAS 12?
>>
Here's a pile of rocks. Let's recolor these rocks and call it four unique bosses.
>>
>>377383421
>why the fuck is every god damn enemy in this game either a Bokoblin or a Lizalfos?
>posts a picture of Hinox
lmao
>>
>>377383560
fighting Dank Nuts was one of the best parts of Wind Waker. You actually felt like you were in a sword fight, although its a shame that fighting Dark Nuts usually just amounts to hitting the "I win" button
>>
>>377384030
Lynels > Dark Nuts any day of the week.
>>
That is the fatal flaw of this game. The world is large, seamless, and beautiful, however the actual situations you encounter are very limited.

All the stables are basically the same. Every stable has a shrine near it. All the shrines have the exact same tileset. At least in Skyrim you might go into a cave and at the bottom of that cave there will be a crack in the wall that will lead you to an even deeper cave, but no...there are no deep dungeons in this game.

The monsters are very limited and all you do is fight reskins of the same handful of monsters. Once you figure out the best method for dealing with a kind of monster or camp, that's how you always handle every monster from then on.

Korok seed puzzles? How many times do you have to 'complete the circle of rocks' or 'shoot the balloons'

This game is repetitive as fuck
>>
>>377384090
There are also labyrinths to explore, an island that takes away all your gear, and the four main bosses. There's a fair amount, it's mostly the random camps that feel the same
>>
>The black Hinoxes throw explosive barrels when you are too high up
That was a pretty cool nod imo, if they're gonna do another variant for hard mode, they should throw explosive barrels more often.
>>
>>377383421
not putting redeads was a huge miss
>>
File: C8CNVyoWkAU5R0B.jpg (87KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C8CNVyoWkAU5R0B.jpg
87KB, 1200x675px
Who is the best Link and why is it bondage Link?
>>
>>377384661
But rubber set is bondage Link, that's just Luchalink
>>
>>377384074
What else you got other than Lynels?
>>
>>377383560
Ran out of steam that quick?
>>
>>377386882
What else did Wind Waker have other than Dark Nuts?
>>
>>377384661

El Link Calavera is the best link but Knight Link is pretty cool too.
>>
>>377383421
Breath of the recolors
>>
>>377387698
Knight Link is only good when used with any earrings, the hood or the diamond circlet, the knight helmet is shit. Thankfully the set has no bonus and the amber earrings offer just as much protection as the helm so it's not like you're sacrificing anything for better aesthetics.
>>
>>377387482
Not that anon you replied to, but:
Stalfos (Not those shitty reskins, unique enemies with their own mechanics) Mothulas, Floor/Wallmasters (Ironic they're not in the Labyrinths to fuck you over), Redeads/Gibdos, Armos and its larger variant, I think you know where I'm going with this

Also no Big Octos near the sea's edge as minibosses.
>>
They put a lot more effort into the freedom and the world so they decided it was acceptable to skimp on enemy variety. It's still pretty decent for an open world game
>>
>>377385019
It's true that the rubber suit is the best apart from the silly hat.
>>
>>377388047
When the stone tablets in Zora's Domain mentioned how Sidon had been swallowed by a giant Octorock causing havoc in Hateno Bay I was certain I had to find it and kill it to reclaim the trident from the story. Passed a good many hours scourging all around Hateno beach and using ice pillars to explore as much of the sea as possible, even waited for rain thinking maybe its appearance was weather-related. Kinda sad it didn't exist, but I can't say I didn't have fun looking for it. Also found quite a few treasure chests and fishes.
>>
>>377383421
Lack of enemy variety really pissed me off about this game.
>>
>>377388047
To be fair one enemy from BotW can have more combat variety than 5 from any other Zelda, impressive enemies like Lynels are actually the ones with limited attacks compared to Bokoblins and Lizalfos.
>>
>>377388282
Fuck I had the same idea when I read it but completely forgot about it during the Ruta quest and just remembered that from your post, it truly seemed like the logical thing to do.
>>
Traditional Zelda enemies are designed to be threatening in closed quarters, they wouldn't work in an open world. How the fuck is a redead going to be threatening in an open field? So Nintendo chose to make a few incredibly detailed flexible enemies instead.
>>
>>377388047

Redeads would have been great enemies for Hyrule Castle, Like Likes could have fit perfectly with the weapon system.
>>
There's definitely going to be new enemies on the winter DLC right? Should I just expect the same old guys and just a new boss?
>>
>>377388768
>just a new boss
Earthblight Ganon
>>
>>377388768

Who knows anon, it could go from a simple bunch of shrines and some lazy side story, to a whole new area with enemies and a different protagonist.
>>
>>377388768
Nah, the Winter DLC will just be an additional 12 shrines to fill in the three missing upgrades. Four of them will be combat and four blessings, the other four will be new puzzles.
>>
>>377388959
I don't think that would really work given the plot and the need to make it function on clear files.
>>
>>377383421
I think they designed themselves into a corner a bit with the weapon system.

There need to be weapon-wielding enemies everywhere because of the durability system, so the player could replenish their weapons, and each of those enemies needed movesets for all 4 weapon types.

There probably could've been more enemies if they'd made them less complicated, like they were in previous Zeldas. I'm not sure whether the tradeoff was worth it.
>>
>>377384090
>however the actual situations you encounter are very limited
no they fucking aren't

eventide isn't like trial of thunder which isn't like making your way through the lost woods which isn't like freeing naydra from corruption which isn't like taming a giant fucking horse which isn't like playing one of the 15+ minigames which isn't like solving one of kass riddles etc etc

of course if you ignore every instance of varied gameplay to focus on the fact shrines look the same it might seem like you have a point and aren't just mindlessly shitposting
>>
>>377389117
You can still fight Ganon on clear files.
>>
>>377389078
>AN ULTIMATE TEST OF STRENGTH
>++++++Weapon drops
>>
>>377389237
But my point is you've finished the story already. Inserting an optional retroactive step in the main quest would be quite silly. It would also require retconning or ditching the existing main story to allow for a fifth divine beast. Easier to just let Cia open a portal to this game and stalk another Link.
>>
>>377389436
None of those things would be nesiccary. Also, you are taking a joke way too seriously.
>>
>>377389436
>Implying the DLC won't be an alternate reality where you win against Ganon with the Champions and everyone being mad at Nintendo
>>
>>377389658
They did say a "brand new story"
>>
>>377389658
Is everyone being mad part of the AU or is everyone mad because they got a new story with a different cast of characters?
>>
>>377389279
>5 hour long fight
>>
Is there any headwear with long hair or should I settle for the ancient bucket?
>>
>>377383735
>Let's recolor these rocks and call it four unique bosses.
Why do you repost this all the time? It's not even what they did.
>>
>>377390185
Ancient hat has the longest hair. The rest are either hidden under hats or obviously based on the default length.
>>
>>377390552
Damn shame, ancient has the best hair but the helmet sucks.
>>
>>377383735
>call it four unique bosses
The game doesn't do this. They're one and the same creature but in different environments.
>>
I want them to add more enemies in the dlc but I hope if they do that it wasn't their plan all along to withhold content
>>
>>377390674
>withhold content for more than six months
That's not how development works. It's throwing money away because there will always be fewer willing buyers the further away you move from release. If there are new enemies, they will have made them in the intervening period, though planning would probably have started beforehand.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.