[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any other companies that actively try to destroy themselves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 28

Is there any other companies that actively try to destroy themselves?
>Starcraft: RUINED
>Diablo: RUINED
>WoW: RUINED
>>
File: Coirnav.jpg (217KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Coirnav.jpg
217KB, 1280x1024px
>>377380083
>implying WoW was ever good to begin with
shame you didn't play an actually good pre-WoW MMO like UO, EQ, or AC
>>
File: relic.jpg (16KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
relic.jpg
16KB, 300x169px
>>377380083
There are quite a lot of them actually.
>>
>>377380202
Nostalgia goggles at best. Youre no different from vanilla wow fags.
>>
>>377380083
>actively try to destroy self
>still have millions of loyal fans and subs to various games across multiple genres with your cash shop options bringing you more money than all of your revenue combined in the first 10 years of your lifetime every year for the last 5 years.

Blizzard is the company that said I wanna be a total fucking failure when I grow up and then became the greatest of all time.
>>
File: BioWare.gif (14KB, 332x253px) Image search: [Google]
BioWare.gif
14KB, 332x253px
>>377380083
Here is another one.
>>
File: 343-Industries.jpg (7KB, 640x255px) Image search: [Google]
343-Industries.jpg
7KB, 640x255px
>>
Non-meme answer:
Atari
Sega
All of Sony outside of the PlayStation division
>>
>>377380083
How is Blizzard destroying themselves? Their the most successful dev of recent time
>>
>>377380083
Nuh diablo is still pretty solid
>inb4 muh diablo 2 perfect gaem
>>
File: 1449178804909.png (624KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449178804909.png
624KB, 639x480px
>>377380757
Money isn't everything.
>>
>>377380859

>money isn't everything

It sure is if you make a claim that a company is "destroying themselves"
>>
>>377380315
>blizzdrones actually think this
>>
>>377381206

you're talking about a group of tards that will drop hundreds of dollars on loot crates and then defend the system because you can only unlock cosmetics
>>
>>377381206
I'm sure they are lying on their quarterly reports, but hey not everyone can take a few minutes to look up and see their biggest profit return was actually at their lowest point due to their cash shop.

In WoW they're biggest year was actually the year they stopped reporting sub numbers at just short over 6.5 mil subs. But their revenue was higher than peak sub point in wrath at 12.5 mil subs.
Whether you like it or not, they are far from dying and in fact turning more with less active subs due to wow tokens and cash shop pets.
>>
>>377380083
why is every blizz game so fucking toxic?
>>
>>377381459
>Whether you like it or not, they are far from dying

"No"
>>
>>377380083
They actually bother making really big changes when the player base calls for it. They also make games that are genuinely fun to play, often even for people who aren't into the genres.
>>
>>377380083
What really happened is you stopped being their target audience. That is why the new games they make don't appeal to you. They aren't made with you in mind.
It sucks, but it is just how things work.
>>
File: IMG_3507.jpg (26KB, 375x355px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3507.jpg
26KB, 375x355px
>>377380202
>tfw eq2 and next weren't just the original game with graphics and animation facelifts, they were just all around worse
>>
File: big_logo.png (165KB, 816x183px) Image search: [Google]
big_logo.png
165KB, 816x183px
>>377382410
if this ever releases, rejoice
>>
File: valve development cycle.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
valve development cycle.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>377380083
At least Blizzard still releases new games now and again.
>>
File: 1455311979919.gif (474KB, 188x174px) Image search: [Google]
1455311979919.gif
474KB, 188x174px
>WoW token slowly climbing to 150k
>>
File: Quarm.jpg (303KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Quarm.jpg
303KB, 1280x1024px
>>377382410
I still hold the belief that EQ up through planes of power is the best PVE MMO ever created (Velious era being the best, of course)

and then it hurts inside when i realize we will never get another everquest, even with pantheon, because dataminers will put everything on a wiki immediately, removing all the fun of exploring a new, unknown game.
>>
>>377382852
fucking dataminers, man. people can't do shit for themselves anymore; they have to get someone with a database to tell them fucking everything

you hear about the POP-locked server coming up for EQ? im gonna check it out but probably wont end up playing for long.
>>
File: Cazic.jpg (165KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Cazic.jpg
165KB, 1024x768px
>>377383102
POP server will start out pretty cool until you realize that it's full of old powergamers who played EQ when it was still new, and the economy is gonna be completely fucked by these people who know all the good drops and how to get them, permacamping them, just like what people do on the TLP servers with vanilla stuff like manastones and rubicite bp, fungi tunic in kunark, etc.

I'm sure you will be able to have some fun while the server is fresh and new, but eventually it will grow into something truly ugly. EQ is not a good game when the vast majority of the population are wiki-abusing powergamers.
>>
>Diablo 3 sold 30 million copies
>Overwatch sold 30 million copies
>WoW right now has the most interesting variety of content to do ever in history of the game
>Starcraft 2 sold about roughly a solid 10 million among its three iterations, while still being on top of the RTS world in terms of depth today (even if RTS is dying)
>Hearthstone is the most played virtual TCG
>Posted record profits in 2016
>Combined with Activision has the third highest revenue of any gaming based firm in 2016, being the only one up there that got there just through video games
Blizzard has never been this powerful before. All you nostalgia fags can leave. Diablo II is braindead compared to Diablo III. Current WoW requires far more engagement and skill from the player to do the best highest level content. Starcraft 2 doesn't have the pathfinding nor selection problems of Starcraft 1. Overwatch created characters far more unique than its competitors like Team Fortress 2. Hearthstone actually takes advantage of being a virtual TCG with mechanics that wouldn't exist in a physical one.

Easily one of the greatest video game companies of all time.
>>
>>377383641
More people play diablo 2 than diablo 3.
>>
they updated diablo 2 today killing all spambots
>>
>>377380202
>UO
It's a shame modern MMORPG players would literally throw a tantrum if the game had skills that let a player snoop through your backpack and steal items. UO had so much freedom for a while that made the game feel so alive and dynamic
>>
File: ultima online.jpg (227KB, 560x419px) Image search: [Google]
ultima online.jpg
227KB, 560x419px
>>377384139
ex-grandmaster thief here, i once had a gang of murderers in buc's den on pacific befriend me because i disarmed and instantly stole a silver vanquishing katana out of one of their hands, and had my 100% hide skill bound to spacebar so i evaded them, banked it, they killed me when i returned and laughed that i managed to stash the sword. being able to steal from players, even right in the middle of britain at the bank, was probably the best feature of that game.

i was also one of the citizens of ImaNewbie's ImaTown on Pacific, I still have the CD with all the ImaNewbie comics lying around somewhere.
>>
>>377383795
Until you show me the numbers for this, you're just another nostalgia bullshiter. I can show you the numbers for both games' sales that shows D3 far outdid D2. Also easy to go check out GameFAQs which puts traffic for games in order, and has Diablo 3 above Diablo 2 (which at least shows that more GameFAQs users play D3 than D2.)
>>
>>377384310
>hello neighbour
>fuck you
This made me laugh way too hard.
>>
>>377384310
UO and Everquest are the only MMOS I ever hear people telling interesting stories from.
>>
>>377385409
both WoW and the age of datamining and wikis killed off the proper MMORPG
>>
If they would have been same now like they were in the 90s they would be bankrupt, and you guys would be whining "waah why they didn't re-invent themselves"
>>
>>377380313
>everything from the past is only good because people have nostalgia
Yeh, nah
>>
>>377383641
lol
>>
>>377380083
i feel like every ip got worse over the time, not really sure what they are doing
wow is still fine to chill
>>
>>377385648
And League Of Legends, social media, rise of increasing popular competitive online games, basically anything that successfully substitutes a "proper" MMORPG's function. All MMOs have left is challenging coop PvE content, which is why 90% of WoW's focus is on that and why in that area the genre has been the best it has ever been.
>>
>>377383641
Obligatory (You).

As someone who actually did mythic BRF when it was current content legion raids are a fucking joke.
>>
>>377385760
>"waah why they didn't re-invent themselves"
only thing they did to "re-invent" themselves was invest colossal ammounts of their revenue in marketing to appeal to a wider audience and dumb the game down so all the casuals could progress further and further in end game with less and less effort
>>
File: 43dd.jpg (14KB, 158x318px) Image search: [Google]
43dd.jpg
14KB, 158x318px
>>377380083
>>Starcraft: RUINED
>>Diablo: RUINED
>>WoW: RUINED

>Money: ALL OF IT

Only thing that matters in the Capitalist (((Free))) market you support.
>>
>>377380083
the only thing that changed is the people who are old enough to have played those original ip's int he 90s havent grown up and realized that video games are a stupid waste of time and the source of their crippling depression
>>
File: 1494305707716.png (158KB, 341x330px) Image search: [Google]
1494305707716.png
158KB, 341x330px
>Retards been screaming for 10 years that WoW and Blizzard is dying
>Blizzard is only getting richer and richer for everyday
I swear these antiblizzdrones shills are in some brainwashed cult to repeat their retarded opinions
>>
>>377380379
Underrated.
>>
>>377385869
Well that's not what I said but I'd challenge you to go back and play ever quest or wow etc in whatever form you played it 10+ years ago and sing it's praises then.
>>
>>377386235
You didn't even get past heroic EN if you genuinely believe this. Cenarius on Mythic EN, a couple of the Mythic TOV fights, and most of Mythic NH are much tougher than that WoD stuff (though I do LOVE BRF.) Too many chances of wipes due to higher numbers of one shot mechanics that are in Legion.

>>377386242
In what way? WoW rotations today are much more sophisticated than back then. There are easy modes to everything in the game, but there are also super extra hard modes that add new abilities/phases, change move timings, more damage, etc. that's much tougher than any of their old content.

D3 goes far beyond D2 in build variety, amount of important abilities per build, actual content to go through, and the difficulty of the content.

SC2 started off watered down from SC1, but has far more versatility to it today.
>>
>>377380083

By what grounds are they 'Ruined?'

Starcraft did shit the bed with the story but I am still playing Co-op mode.

WoW is still interesting even after the fucking shit show that was Warlords for me.

I would argue the only ones killing there games currently is Valve, Anything EA or Ubisoft.

>Valve is 100% focused on Steam and consoles that games are dead. Half Life 3 is no longer an option seeing as all the staff on the game is gone. L4D has no Remaster or L4D3 despite the folder in Source 2 for the past 3 years. TF2 receives very little love these days despite 'fixes'...
>EA executes companies yearly and have not produced an above average game in years
>Ubisoft is almost always buggy or watered down and has such a shitty service with Uplay that games sometimes don't even work (Anno 2070 was unplayable for an entire year until they put it on sale and the wave of complaints came) Then they made 2205 which was shitty as fuck that it is one of the few games that I pirate

The only companies I trust for fun is Blizzard and Nintendo, I don't give a shit about your complaints but atleast I am enjoying myself and getting excited for what they produce...
>>
>>377380859
Lol, Kerrigan was actually right, he does not have what it takes to be a killer.
>>
>>377380083
It is "Baww, new games aren't exactly like old ones with updated visuals" thread.
>>
>>377387182
>The only companies I trust for fun is Blizzard and Nintendo

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahah you can't make this up
>>
>>377380448

Fuck, Forgot about this.

FUCK YOU 343 THE MOST WITH WHAT YOU DID TO HALO 5

>Removed a good chunk of story featuring Master Chief because they wanted to add the co-op mechanic into Halo 5 late in development
>Removed Split-screen after PUSHING THIS CO-OP MECHANIC because 'MUH FRAMERATE' (Which didn't even sit at 60fps, more like 45 fps)
>The fucking shitty looking overdesigned armour
>The shitty attempts at a new enemy force that felt like a fucking chore to fight through. FUCK THE PROMETHIANS AND THERE *teleports behind you* BULLSHIT, I CRIED FOR JOY WHEN I GOT TO KILL COVENANT!
>Make a fuckload of shitty looking armour that is locked inside purchasable card packs with no option to purchase outright, though most of them look the fucking same.
>Not bringing in the fucking Falcon and just making some retarded VTOL shit that isn't even named after an animal
>The new fucking controls that basically made it feel like CALL OF TITANFALL: GENERIC COMBAT THE KIDDIES WANT

The only thing Halo 5 did right was Covenant levels and design and world design

When I went to play Halo 3 with my cousin on the Master Chief edition, I shuttered in delight on how right the controls fucking felt compared to the BS that 343 did
>>
I wonder if the burned out nostalgiafagging depressed middleaged redditors will ever get tired of always being wrong about Blizzard-bashing
>>
File: JimRaynor_SC1_Cncpt1.jpg (79KB, 500x645px) Image search: [Google]
JimRaynor_SC1_Cncpt1.jpg
79KB, 500x645px
>>377387836
>>
>>377387836
>blizzard-bashing
>wrong

You need to be 18+ to post here.
>>
@377387983
(you)'s are earned, fag
>>
>>377380083

Butt blasted about Destiny 2 steam fag? ;3
>>
>>377388093
>@
>>
>>377386476

In their mind shitty behavior is met with financial ruin, when the reality is being an asshole can be beneficial in the business world.
>>
>>377386952
Anon you need to learn the difference between mechanically hard and high tuned. While the mechanics in ToV and NH are tuned through the roof, the actual mechanics themselves are braindead easy bar a few fights here and there which while rare are pretty fun (M Eli i.e). But you compare mythic blackhand when it was current to M gul, m blackhand was way harder, not just mechanically but comp wise you needed to bring x amount of each class (hunters for fox, 2+ rogues for demo in p2 and mines in p1, boomkins/locks etc etc). But the classes themselves had way harder rotations than currently.

Right now the only class that has any semblance of a difficult rotation/priority is feral druid. Blizz has lobotomised most classes
>>
>>377383641
What the fuck are you talking about ya worthless bitch.

I like D3 but its no secret most classes only have like 3 viable specs at the most for anything T8 and above because set bonuses are retarded.

Starcraft 2 is borderline dead, even in korea, Swarm Hosts single handedly murdered heart of the swarm, that's why no gave much shits about Void. Thats why they're going back and remastering starcraft 1.

Hearthstone is garbage and has always been shitty garbage that somehow relies more on RNG than most actual cardames.

Overwatch is boring waifu/husbando pandering shit, and usually listen to retards like you for balance, which lead to The Anna featuring Lucio show staring all tanks but Winston for awhile. Despite being literal rip offs of TF2 classes, they still are somehow worse and more boring.

Legion is literally just farming AP over and over again, in some of the most boring fucking Raids ever released. Still having the issue of there's no reason to do anything but Raids since everything else is irrelevant. Most DPS classes are neutered and boring as shit, which is why is leaving. Only 2 tanking classes aren't boring or underwhelming (Monk and Bear).
>>
(ª)377388171
<not denying people their (yous)
>>
>>377386952
>D3 goes far beyond D2 in build variety, amount of important abilities per build, actual content to go through, and the difficulty of the content.

Not him but it's mostly presentation. D2 felt like a natural evolution of Diablo, while D3 just felt like it was made by people who simply played D2 instead of being the ones that made it (and to some extent that's true).

I like D3 but it has some real problems.
>>
File: 1323870272652.png (94KB, 192x187px) Image search: [Google]
1323870272652.png
94KB, 192x187px
>>377380083
I like SC2 and still play WoW.
Diablo is however fucked beyond repair at this point.

>a year for one class in a PAID DLC
>and nothing else
Fuck you too, buddy.
>>
>>377386729
not him, but I did play vanilla on a private server again and ended up no lifing it up to 60 and raiding up to naxx 40. I'm singing praises. vanilla wow is still miles above any current MMO minus maybe actual wow, that's just how it is.
>>
File: 1492685248197.png (101KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
1492685248197.png
101KB, 500x331px
>Starcraft had AMAZING writi...
IM THE QUEEN BITCH OF THE UNIVERSE!
>>
>>377380083
Ehh, lets watch this from other perspective, shall we?

Blizzard are one of the biggest and oldest companies who still(!) are making (fine) games. Compare them to other older game developers, only rockstar are making a better product, please keep in mind that games are a product to gain money, not to pleasure everyone.

So what do we have with this? We still have a company which makes (fine) games, people on /v/ dont forget that we are the best players and the best shiposters of the internet, but too bad (or even for good) we are under the money radar.

I had a roommate last year who did have a fucking beast pc, 980gtx, i7 all that kind of shit and even better, he named himself a hardcore gamer. he didnt really cared about indies, only the popular games to be in in-tact with game society. He was that money bag which blzzard makes games for (he really liked overwatch too).

Blizzard are making games to pleasure him, not a fucking weaboo fuck who cares about plot more than: "Booohooo a fine ass ayyy, its fun to play this, and i dont even need to think a lot."
Blizzard choices are obvious and effective, sadly, no reason to bash them for it. (But ye, starcraft was ruined by the plot, so at the end it sucks really hard).
>>
Not being the "target audience" and all, I feel like that whoever I am, video game companies don't want to make games for me anymore.

Most everything new feels like watered down shit I've done before. But it's not actually done better, it's just prettier. I've actually become more casual because of it. I don't actually expect outstanding gameplay anymore because I know I'm almost certainly not going to get it. All I want is a fantastic story and the funny thing is that I don't even get that. We're not pushing the envelope of storytelling that could be achieved with video games anymore; I don't know if we ever fucking did.

Pre-WoW Blizzard games were never fantastic story-wise. But I couldn't believe they went BACKWARDS in quality even though it was the same motherfucker writing it. And even if he's gone the damage has been done; it's not like a company has the stones nowadays to say, "Hey, forget that shit, here's some world-class retcon." Every single one of their fucking properties needs a retcon that drives the plot back to where it was in 2004.

You know what I don't understand? I have not met a single person in my life who likes where the story has gone in Blizzard games. Not a single fucking person likes it. I don't understand why the fuck that is true yet this company still banks something like a billion dollars a year. Are gamers just such fucking shit now that they are UNABLE to give their money to a company that produces shit product in all categories?
>>
>>377383795
that's just guaranteed bullshit. you just have to look at the open public games in the various difficulties in d3 to immediately know that d2 is never going to be able to reach numbers like that again.
>>
File: jewwinstherace.gif (1B, 486x500px)
jewwinstherace.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>377386358
Capitalism and Bolshevism are two sides of the same jewish coin
>>
>>377387584

Because literally every other IP that I enjoy has been shit. Every shooter has been almost the same with the same fucking idea for how people want their gameplay. And then do the same fucking loot box option that I don't want to bother with half of it.

Then again, This place is just the same with people screaming buzzwords into the air and believing the fucking masses of what the popular opinion of something is so you can fit in.

What fucking games are there for PC that I would already have? What does Xbox have going for them now? Explain to me why I shouldn't have a Switch without using your favorite memewords

You fucking can't
>>
Diablo 3 helped me quit smoking cigarettes. I played pretty heavy for about a year, and I have to say that even after being out since 2012, they are still listening to their players, and making changes to the game( although not very often).

They're much better than a lot of other companies out the right now.
>>
>>377388724
Yunno, that line was actually said with a straight face with the sort of snark that Kerrigan always had. She didn't scream it. The voice actress actually nailed the reading. Every character, even when faced with mindblowing horseshit never lost their shit; even Raynor was just plain sad when Fenix died; and in Starcraft 2 he was just a blubbering chump. Mengsk became some weird dictator super villian.

In fact, Kerrigan never screamed anything in Starcraft. She and other characters only went full-rage over-dramatized shrieking bad-action-movie in Starcraft 2.

The only voice acting they nailed in Starcraft 2 was that of the Protoss but that was only because they were super-dramatic and emphasized everything they said to begin with because of their haughty authoritarian noble way of talking.
>>
>>377386952
i love legion don't get me wrong, but saying current wow rotations are much more sophisticated then back then, and bosses having more mechanics and taking that as a reason why modern raids are harder is pretty dumb.

modern wow rotations of almost every class consist of 3-4 buttons instead of 1-3 like back then. the claim that they're more sophisticated is categorically correct, but at the end of the day the two just don't feel different at all in terms of difficulty, it's still completely trivial compared to literally any other even remotely mechanically challenging game, even with specs like shadow priest.

bosses have more mechanics, yes, but compared to vanilla they kind of feel like someone is farting in your direction. in vanilla especially from aq40 upwards a boss had very few token mechanics, but each of them would just flat out wipe your raid if a single person screwed up. just look at the number of failguilds doing horrible first kills in nh myth at the moment.
>>
>>377389219
SC1
Mengsk "I want to be a dictator super villain"
Raynor "Fuck man thats depressing"

SC2
Mengsk "I am a dictator super villain"
Raynor "Fuck man, im depressed"

WHY DID IT HAVE TO CHANGE WHY WASNT IT JUST SC1 REMASTERED BUT EXACTLY HOW I LIKE IT
>>
>>377388796

Maybe something written by multiple people is going to have many conflicting problems that will clash and cause huge issues the longer it goes on.

That and perhaps there is a load of people that don't give a shit about story and would rather ask dumb simple facts that major things that we want to ask are never brought up at Blizzcon.

I am the only person in my guild who can explain the entirety of 'Who, What, Why and How' of the minor things in the game. And my minor, I mean the simple connections. My guild knows Where Gul'dan came from but had no clue what he was doing at the end of the raid until I explained it to them.
>>
You think you know what a good game looks like, but you don't. We make retards love our stinky piles of shit.
t. Blizzard
>>
File: 1492259756821.jpg (49KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1492259756821.jpg
49KB, 665x574px
>>377389232
>le "everyone contributed to the raid in vanilla" meme

old raids were 10 participants and 30 FUCKING IDIOTS pressing 1 on their fucking keyboards and dont pretend like it wasn't.
>>
>>377380083
Blizzard is more profitable than ever.
>>
>>377389379
Fuck dude, good to have you here, can you explain what happens story-wise in legion in most details possible? From the beggining to end please, I am really interested in it.
>>
>>377389232
also, I'm 10/10M at the moment and also was one of the few guilds who cleared at least an entire wing in naxx 40 back then, and I can say with utter 100% confidence that if you take your average shitter "mythic" guild (which is supposed to be the hardest content available) today, most of them probably wouldn't even clear BWL, let alone AQ or come even close to killing anything in naxx 40.

the amount of fuckups you can do in modern content is just hilarious. I do want to see how a guild who still have people dying on trilliax after 4 months of farm because they're mostly headless chickens would do at razorgore, a very simple introductory boss in terms of raids back then.
>>
>>377389493
that's a common saying by retards that at the very most cleared BWL, but most likely just killed rag a few times and that was it.

so congrats on outing yourself. not a surprise for an anime picture poster.
>>
>>377389521
The company is the most profitable company on the planet
>Activision
Call of Duty
Skylanders
Destiny
>Blizzard
Hearthstone
Overwatch
WoW
>everyone forgot they are also KING
Candy Crush
Bubble Witch bullshit
fucking kill me now
>>
>>377389493
This was true pre-Naxx.

Even then, pre-Naxx dudes had to show up for boss fights. Slacking on trash was common.
>>
>>377388227
you didn't even address most of his points, you just called everything boring or garbage (which is subjective)
>>
File: CHzuN3OWwAER5Ec.png (587KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CHzuN3OWwAER5Ec.png
587KB, 600x600px
I dunno anon, I play hearthstone and it's pretty good still. And WoW is an old-ass MMO, it's natural for it to regress.

Diablo 3 was released in an age when hack and slash games were nonexistent (and still are). It did pretty well if you take this into account,

>>377380448

Never good to begin with. Could never compete with Bungie or handle a game like Halo. Hopefully it's devs will GTFO after the finish thei second shitrilogy
>>
>>377389379
Look, I understand some portion of people are just there to play the game.

>Maybe something written by multiple people is going to have many conflicting problems that will clash and cause huge issues the longer it goes on.
See, while I agree with you that this is probably the case, it doesn't sit well with me that it has to be like that.

Writing does not have to be a fucking trainwreck just because it's "art". You can apply a production roadmap to writing as you would designing a physical product. You can write within a framework if you take the time to establish the framework in the first place (instead of making it up as you go along) and set goals.

This isn't some rinky-dink company. This is fucking Blizzard. They can operate two or three games/expansions into the fucking future. Metzen, for however much he was getting paid, could sit down and set out a roadmap that hinges on multiple expansions with one big whoop at the end and have the writers coordinate all the plot building that leads to it.

It's only hard if you don't have money. They had the money. They knew they had the fucking money from the first year WoW was released. They had the money to not fuck up Diablo or Starcraft from the WoW income.

I understand, it's a fucking business. But there's something to be said about doing a good fucking job. I do it every day at my job because there's a degree of objective measurement as to how well we do our job - namely how many fires we avoid or put out. Writing is harder, but you can still fucking do it.

Some amount of faith must have been put in him; he worked there for decades. This isn't like Kickstarter where if you get Molyneux'd you fucking have to fall off the face of the planet. He had a salary and other people with salaries. He could actually do a good job.

You get what I'm saying here? There was every opportunity and the resources to do a good job. And they fucking dogged it.
>>
File: 1493560398991.gif (1MB, 257x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493560398991.gif
1MB, 257x200px
>I hate these games now so it's Ruined
>>
@377390150
>im a contrarian edgelord desperate for you's
Well you arent getting any.
>>
>>377390314
this is pure autism

>>377390150
have my (you)
>>
>I don't like change reeeeeee

Faggot.
>>
>>377388210
Blackhand only has like a handful of mechanics per phase. Guldan has a lot more to worry about. Guldan is far more of a coordination challenge than Blackhand is because the dude keeps shooting blobs all the time and that there's literally not a single mistake you can make the whole fight. Guldan's also a lot more centered around protecting the player from multiple mechanics meanwhile Blackhand just has that impale thing. A comp for Guldan requires a certain DPS comp in terms of having melee that can maximize DPS in the right times, but ranged that can use their movement abilities and survive a decent amount of damage for his phase 2 stuff.

>But the classes themselves had way harder rotations than currently.
Off the top of my head, Frost Mage, Fury Warrior, and Sub Rogues all have more interesting rotations.

>Blizz has lobotomised most classes
WoD to Legion didn't change that much though. Also pruning is always a dumb as fuck argument because new moves always replace old useless ones.

>>377388227
>I like D3 but its no secret most classes only have like 3 viable specs at the most for anything T8 and above because set bonuses are retarded.
No WAY! You mean the game has less viable builds as it gets progressively harder? ZOMG it's just like every RPG ever.

>Starcraft 2 is borderline dead
Yet still the most alive RTS today. This game's problem is more related to the RTS scene than the game itself. Why would nobody give a shit about Void just because HOTS had something admittedly not balanced? Especially when it was announced that Swarm Host will get nerfed? Really just sounds like typical antiblizzdrone bullshit to me.

>Hearthstone is garbage and has always been shitty garbage that somehow relies more on RNG than most actual cardames.
It's most frustrating RNG comes in the shape of opening packs just like IRL cards. Otherwise it's the same level of RNG as any TCG, just that what can technically be considered a deck is a lot more than you think.
>>
>>377388796
your post has tons of problems written all over it. first of all, when you say you don't expect exceptional gameplay anymore because you imply that it doens't exist anymore, you just show that you don't know many games. are you maybe one of those gamers who plays the same game for 10 years? you should expand your horizon bro, more games with genius gameplay come out each year than did from 1990 to 2010. you just don't know about them.

and the other thing with the writing: is it really not obvious? literally nobody on earth except the biggest lore autists play wow for its story. it's all 100% about the various forms of endgame gameplay (raiding, pvp, now high m+ pushing, and the tons of casual stuff you can do like pet battling, collecting mods and toys, just gearing up alts and trying to get to the same level as your main, etc.).
>>
>>377388227
>Overwatch is boring waifu/husbando pandering shit, and usually listen to retards like you for balance, which lead to The Anna featuring Lucio show staring all tanks but Winston for awhile. Despite being literal rip offs of TF2 classes, they still are somehow worse and more boring.
All this is blatantly false. The double healer combo has always been an unsustainable gimmick that gets wrecked when up against anyone who knows how to move the fuck around, god forbid if its a high mobility character. I also remember that one character in TF2 that came in a fucking robot suit, and the other one that used a hammer/shield the whole time. And the one that was full of colors with a lot of little depth bits on their characters beyond their intro trailers.

Oh wait you're just full of shit.

>Legion is literally just farming AP over and over again, in some of the most boring fucking Raids ever released.
>farming AP in raids
>everything else but Raids is irrelevant in the expansion ppl are bitching about Mythic+ dungeons dropping too powerful gear
>DPS classes neutered when DPSers like Fury Warriors and Sub Rogues have never had a variety of moves like they do right now
>somehow the game lost its Warrior, Pally, and DK tanks
Do you know how easy it is to spot someone who talks like they haven't played the game and just googled random shit or heard somebody bitch on the Blizzard forums?
>>
>>377380249
Fuck you lelic.
>>
File: wargaming-net.png (221KB, 1000x545px) Image search: [Google]
wargaming-net.png
221KB, 1000x545px
They're currently trying their hardest to milk money while actively ruining their game with p2w powercreep.
>>
>>377392180
What?

M BH in phase 1 alone for the melee (cause that's what I did it as), had the dps check through the floor slowly becoming magma so you had to get him to 70% before then, the debris falling from the roof combined with the slag mines and the dance from the middle of the room to outwards and back while having to co-ordinate the rogues clearing the mines with cloak of shadows.

I remember literally buying a race change from draenei sham to dwarf because the extra racial damage mitigation was just too good for the phase 2 cinder mechanic as well as me not having enough damage mits (only astral shift and shamanistic rage) to cover the phase 1 healing check.

Phase 2 you had to soak the cinders, maximise your movement to get to the mortars and back which was no easy feat when you had 1/4th of the room on fire and demos covering the parts that weren't. While it seems easy watch a vid and see how much shit you had to dodge/be careful of as melee in phase 2 bh.

Phase 3 admittedly was pretty easy for the melee in comparison but overall the fight was brutal af, and considering how less geared the players were for it when they first started doing it in comparison to nh when guilds like method did their wf with almost mythic level ilvl you honestly can't tell me mythic gul was harder for guilds than m bh. Especially when we're at world 700 right now and there's still 4 weeks left bare minimum before ToS releases and M BH had like 650 guilds kill it before HFC.

NH Method Kill - Gul'dan Mythic Killed Feb 6, 2017 20:52:34 GMT Recorded Guild Item Level: 905.34 (20-man) - 5 ilvls below mythic quality
BRF Method Kill - Blackhand Mythic Killed Feb 20, 2015 22:31:08 GMTRecorded Guild Item Level: 688.12 (20-man) - 12 ilvls below mythic quality.
>>
>>377392180
>>377393067

Also don't get me started on the classes.

For every fury warrior who came out of the pruning well off there's 5 demo locks that went in with an amazing spec that was the best it ever was (brf demo) and turned out to be a mindless dog shit spec. I'm still mad about enh as fun as it was for EN when it was actually good for raiding it was still so skilless. They took my favourite spec and fucking ruined it and made it a reskin for a warrior. They took everything that made enh and shat on it. No more maximising gcd uptimes on everything, no more maximising your burst windows and then trying to minimise your dps loss during the stable periods. It was utter garbage.
>>
>>377388796
So you give a vague talking about watering down when post-Cataclysm WoW has had far more mechanically challenging and more complex rotations overall compared to the "glory days" of the game.

Diablo 3 is also far more challenging since difficulty is always going up and enemy encounter mechanics are tougher as well.

Starcraft 2 admittedly sucked near the end of WOL and into HOTS but by LOTV I can say with full confidence it's the better game when compared to SC1's terrible pathfinding and much more limited micromanaging. Not watered down at all.

Really if the idea of streamlining time consuming stuff to get to the engaging bits of a game is considered watering down, perhaps nobody will ever make a game you'll like because not having bullshit streamlined is old fashioned and objectively bad game design due to how much of a waste of time it is.

>m-muh lore
It has always not been that special. Kerrigan was a Mary Sue in SC1 as well. WC1 and WC2 were a thing before WC3, and even then there's dumb shit like Kiljaeden creating a Lich King that he doesn't have under full control.

Today things are handled by larger teams, but you get good stuff as well as bad. Garrosh's character transition from TBC-WOTLK-Cata was fantastic, but conversely he got changed into a cartoonish villain come MoP. WOTLK had a fantastic Old Gods storyline, but Lich King got turned into a saturday morning cartoon villain. Legion has Anduin becoming a man in the recent Alliance quest thing, but also has Vol'jin getting a ham fisted death in the beginning of the expansion.

You gotta learn to appreciate the good stuff at that point.

Also your post reeks of bitterness and nostalgia for things that are nowhere near as good as you remember them.
>>
Blizzard is a now a pop culture company
>>
>>377386729
I think alot of people played that popular vanilla server.

I got to 60, got rank 11 pvp and did the raids that were released, it started to become an "addiction" like my younger years so i stopped playing again.
>>
>>377393254
they dumbed down most specs

I still remember waiting for cataclysm with maximum hype, only to find out my frost mage turned into a icelance machinegun spam class

my alt was a destro lock and they fucked that up too, so I dropped it shortly into cata and never looked back
>>
While they are making bank on a scale not seen before (I assume), you cannot sit there and act like their games became better over the years.

As a discussion board that loves games, I'd think people on here want a good, engaging and complex game that sticks with them for years to come. Kinda like a good movie (let's say godfather). It's not for everyone, it's for the true 'connoisseur'.

The games they put right now? It's just normie tier shit. Mobile games that you play for 10 min and be done for. Hell, they want to make WoW a tablet game. Their target isn't the game-nerd anymore, but the broad and general audience. And as all things that were once good and a niche, it's become mainstream and changed for the worst. Is it still enjoyable? Sure. Is it something that blows people away? I don't think so.

Of course it's understandable that a company wants to make more money. Who wouldn't? More income, more options, more people to feed. But the cost for that was depreciating games that were once known as "the best in their category", to a mere joke.
>>
File: blizzard_kids.jpg (505KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
blizzard_kids.jpg
505KB, 1500x1500px
>>377380083
>>
File: 1495149910915.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495149910915.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>>377394523
>tfw when I was a blizzard kid growing up.
Spent my elementery school years playing Diablo 1 and warcraft 2. Middleschool playing war 3 and diablo 3.
Times have changed :\
>>
>>377380083
Name a developer/publisher

There's your answer. I think the industry is trying to kill itself
>>
I see Blizzshits are in full force today
>>
>>377393067
M BH Phase 1 is literally just Krosus from NH.

M BH Phase 2 is cool, but M Guldan Phase 2 is just that but even harder because 1/2 the room is taken up by a combination of Guldan's attacks and that soul well with potential wipe mechanics. At least the cinders can be instantly dispelled. Eyes of Guldan actually take time to kill off. Or what about the soul well where to stop Guldan from collecting those things you had to send in a ranged dps and hope he doesn't die from the constant damage there?

Also your numbers are wrong.

https://www.wowprogress.com/encounter/blackhand-mythic

717 kills till HFC was out.

Also based on those Method statistics, they took longer to beat Guldan than Blackhand both from when it was released (BRF Mythic was 2/10, NH M was 1/24), but the ilvls as well.

>>377393254
Dude Demo locks are awesome with their demon summon spam. It's not tops DPS, but like Ret it can definitely stand a chance with good gear.

>enh shammy not optimizing gcd
Are you stupid or are you lying? Enh is literally GCD management in between procs. It doesn't get more Enhancement than that.
>>
>>377394167
WOTLK Frost Mage: Frostbolt, Frost bolt, Frostbolt, Icelance, Frostbolt, Frostbolt. Nova for CC

Cata Frost Mage: Flame Orb, Frostfire, Icelance, Frostbolt

This is just the main rotations, too. The CDs and CCs take it even further into Cata's favor in terms of something that takes more skill to do and is more engaging overall.

Don't pretend that Wrath had an amazing Frost mage. Boring repetitive spam without the Vanilla/TBC considerations for mana nor the variety in player and enemy mechanics in post-Cata WoW just led to the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>377394167
Oh I just noticed that your alt was a destro lock. How can you hate the nine button rotation Cata introduced to the class? Destro actually took a lot of skill for once and made it feel more Warlock-like rather than second rate mage.
>>
>>377386476
it's because blizzard completely dumpstered the franchises that made them popular (warcraft, starcraft and diablo)
while successful in business terms, starcraft 2 and diablo 3 both completely shit on the things that made them big franchises to begin with which is why so many people really hate blizzard
i've never really cared for warcraft so i can't speak to the quality of wow in terms of lore (although the game itself is really ugly and dull in my opinion, i don't know why people still sub to it)
blizzard seems to be a lot better at making things that aren't sequels (see hearthstone, overwatch) which probably has to do with things like changes in management and development staff
all of this is in terms of critical success though, blizzard will always make mega money off their licenses no matter what they do with them
>>
>>377395276
Diablo 3 has more legit builds and gear per class than Diablo 2

Starcraft 2 adds even more micro to the game than Starcraft 1.
>>
>>377380083

Not sure if this counts, but Square-Enix goes out of their way to fuck up Dragon Quest localizations.
>>
>>377380083
doesn't matter if you have a rabid fanbase that eats your shit no matter what.
>>
>>377395460
Too bad neither of those made them fun
>>
Overwatch its going to get ruined too
>>
>>377398715
>going to
explain how bliz is going to ruin overwatch, since your wording makes me think you enjoy it in it's current state.
>>
>>377398715
Blizzard ruined Overwatch when they decided it had to be a Team Fortress Clone.
>>
File: Dumb as fuck..png (39KB, 470x499px) Image search: [Google]
Dumb as fuck..png
39KB, 470x499px
>>377380083
>MFW the Diablo team is working on fucking wow.
>They've completely fucked the games balancing by doing it around fucking legendary items.

A fucking Item shouldn't be the key to make your class fun/viable. It is completely fucking stupid/
>>
>>377382790
It says right there "each half-life ~ 1.25 billion years".
It's a miracle we already have 2.
>>
>>377399471
Legendary items are more common than Greens in WoW now
>>
>>377390016
Diablo 3 was complete dogshit at release.
There was literally no reason to play the game when any drop you might have found was potentially ruined by wrong stats and the auction house was just a few clicks away with actually usable items for low gold cost if you didn't shop for perfectly rolled stats.

The only way to win was to never play the game, to just set up some AHK bot to flip items auctions for you and then rmt the gold.
>>
>>377399471
if it weren't for legendaries then Legion would easily be top 2 WoW expansions imo
people love to shit on the AP grind but the only people who absolutely need to dedicate time to grinding AP are the hardcore progression raiders. sure having more can mean a DPS boost, but if your average guild is stuck on a boss, a few more traits on each raider isn't the real answer, learning the fight is.

but some classes are way too heavily designed around legendaries which results in people being nonviable until they've gotten lucky enough to have their BiS legos drop.
>>
>>377380083
its more like they stop doing games for the hardcore audience and are making games for normies now.

>tfw without people like me Blizzard would be nothing
>tfw they still shit on their old customers and will never give us legacy server.
>>
File: 1494613665630.png (250KB, 740x557px) Image search: [Google]
1494613665630.png
250KB, 740x557px
>tfw I just want a game with good looking but not necessarily technically great graphics, third person camera, lots of character customization through skills and stats, varied gear and focus on large group open world PvE
>>
>nobody is talking about best blizzard game - heroes of the storm

What a shame.
>>
>>377400905
shh, having a relatively restraint player base allows their artists to make chars in skimpy armor and with big asses and breasts without self restraint
>>
>>377380083
GearBox
>>
Blizzard is shit at making games and master of marketing, making you feel like a pro while really all of their games are for turbo casuals.
We already know this.
>>
>>377388765
>fine
lol no
>>
>>377380083
dont forget these:
>No Man's Sky
>EA
>>
>>377382634

That looks horrible
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.