[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, once Net Neutrality is removed, how much money are you Amerifats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 5RrWm.png (377KB, 636x1415px) Image search: [Google]
5RrWm.png
377KB, 636x1415px
So, once Net Neutrality is removed, how much money are you Amerifats willing to spend to keep your vidyas online?
>>
None.
Most of us aren't able to pay for a doctor visit or a car repair if it comes up without neglecting other bills. If internet prices continue to rise, data caps added to more cities, and further restrictions put on us by ISPs about what we can and can't access, we're just going to have to give up our TV/Internet packages.
>>
I'll probably just get the plan that let's me play them for free, but with expensive video streaming, since I can just torrent all that shit. I like the idea of customizable plans
>>
>>377379929

but anon

none of the torrent sites will load

they'll just put a blanket suppressor on all downloads that have the torrent filetype
>>
It literally hasn't been.

>>377379628
>>377379929
>>377380036
stop bumping.
>>
>>377380086
no.
>>
File: 1375324030501.jpg (10KB, 250x326px) Image search: [Google]
1375324030501.jpg
10KB, 250x326px
>FCC gets rid of regulations of Net Neutrality that haven't even been in place for a year
>NET NEUTRALITY IS DEAD GUYS
>>
>>377378931
That model will never happen. Online businesses like the cash flow from advertisers that can only be generated by mass amounts of users.
It also treats huge businesses as though they'd go along with losing out on users.
The businesses large enough would create their own ISP service and partner with as many websites as possible and offer them at a flat fee.
If there was a business that had some kind of exclusivety clause, then the ISP would create a website to rival it for they're users.

This is all assuming consumers would even support it, it may be a slippery slope like data caps on mobile, but I doubt it.
>>
>>377378931
Consoles will have special unlimited access but PS+ and XBL will have the prices jacked up to bribe Comcast.
>>
Everything is going back to the horrible days before Obama's pointless laws when everything was fine. What a drastic change this will be from the current state of affairs where everything is fine. Oh damn thee, cruelly fine world. Seriously I've been here 32 years now, the worst thing that has ever happened was one time I had to replace a tire on the side of the highway. I've broken my arm, been bit by a snake and got airlifted, and Googled "loli butts" and guess what? Nothing insane happened. Insurance covered all my medical bills past $600 per incident and my ISP didn't give a damn. Dumb Eurotrash think everything will fall to chaos by returning to normal.
>>
File: Capture.png (83KB, 751x112px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
83KB, 751x112px
I work as a project manager for a local fiber isp, so I'm pretty much set until we inevitably sell to AT&T or some shit. Even still there are some isp's that will maintain net neutrality, just a shame that Google dropped out of the fiber game.
>>
>>377380396
Verizon recently had to drop data caps because other mobile providers were kicking their teeth in when it came to how many people were signing up for data plans so it's hard for anyone to pull this shit in the mobile front
The problem for ISPs is that Comcast has too much of a monopoly on the country and fucking sue the shit out of any company attempting to move into their areas so they could possibly try to pull this shit
>>
>>377378931
>gametap
Fuck that's old.
>>
>>377378931
>non-peering
The fuck is that?
>>
>>377381089
>would sue the shit out of them
Uneducated in the finer details, on what grounds?
How did we arrive at a point where businesses can't compete with each other?
>>
>>377378931
this image remains one of the most repulsive things i've ever seen to this day
>>
>>377381538
You've clearly never seen the one where the guy's cat attacked his prolapsed anus.
>>
>>377381382
Basically Comcast managed to make deals with cities to help fund utility poles in exchange for exclusivity of being the only provider of internet via utility poles, so if another company tries to come in, Comcast tries to sue them to force them out or force them to use less efficient methods of providing internet
>>
>>377380592
the amount of effort put into this post makes me think you're Comcast
>>
>>377381089
>>377381842
Monopolies are never a fucking good thing, unless you're playing Monopoly and you're the one with the monopoly
>>
>>377381990
Not even then, Monopoly is a shit game
>>
>>377382061
Seriously. Why do people play that shit? Babby's first business simulation game
>>
>>377381382
All the ISPs have local monopolies so there's basically no competition at all. Even when a company as huge as Google tried to jump him they got stonewalled for years by lawsuits and bullshit from Comcast and Time Warner cancer buying off politicians to deny them.
There would be literally nothing to stop Comcast from going nuclear Jew with this.
>>
File: ben-kenobi.jpg (134KB, 1600x1202px) Image search: [Google]
ben-kenobi.jpg
134KB, 1600x1202px
>>377378931
>Gametap
>>
>>377381842

This isn't actually a thing. I'm sure there are some instances where under-the-table deals similar to this happen, but the most Comcast could possibly do is disrupt the permitting process for competing companies. Most utility poles have a 5 attachment, or height limit and there is no legal deal that can circumvent that. Honestly most cities fucking hate Comcast and welcome the competition considering how atrocious they are when it comes to aerial runs.
>>
>>377381089
>mfw verizon trying to stay afloat after they abolished their unlimited plans

I remember seeing an ad for them that said something like "stop limiting yourself with an unlimited plan." I hope whoever came up with thtt marketing campaign got fired.
>>
>>377383771
For real though, what kind of a fucking normie do you need to be to ever actually go over reasonable data limits?
>>
>>377378931
They're gonna do what they did with mobile phones and just destroy any international communication.

Great work, you fucking burgers.
>>
damn, so for 5$ a month i don't even get X-Fire. what a ripoff
>>
>>377384163
If you stream any kind of media on your phone it will gobble up gigs like candy. I make it a point to only do that when I'm connected to wi-fi.
>>
>>377380086
You're an idiot if you're not worried about net neutrality going away
>>
>>377380309
>>377380592
Why are they lobbying so fucking hard to get rid of the rules then?
>>
>>377380086
bump
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.