[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when Capcom was pushing him to be the next big

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0752.jpg (39KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0752.jpg
39KB, 259x194px
Remember when Capcom was pushing him to be the next big thing? What happened?
>>
>>377370528
Couldn't possibly have been that the entire series of games, across every console they were on barely, if even broke 1 million sales.
>>
>>377370731
Viewtiful Joe 1 got player's choice on Gamecube but that's about it
>>
>>377370528
Kamina got proven wrong

>makes the chibi shit art style
>test audiences hate it
>goes "lol fuck you my game it's big headed chibi shit"
>nobody fucking buys it

Wooooooooow bugged game sales mechanics
>>
>>377370528
People didn't catch the hype. It's a very strange game and most people impotently slap themselves against the enemies not really understanding the nuance of dodge---> strike--->combo
>>
>>377370914
How dare he try to create unique, fresh games?
>>
>>377371019
And the bosses are about 20 times harder if you don't understand
Zoom + Slow + Hold Punch = Boss death

This is really something that should have been explained, holy shit Kamina.
>>
>>377371019
As much as I like the game for many reasons, I kind of hate how slow-motion is so good that there's no reason not to use it all the time. It gets kind of tedious. In fact, there's no reason not to do close-up + slow-motion every chance you get. The combat would flow better if regular attacks were actually worth using.
>>
>>377370528
it had 2 real games, 2 spinoffs and an anime
it did alright for the 1 gen it was in
>>
>>377371338
The point of slow motion being good is it's a constant drain, and you need to earn your meter length as the stage goes on. And letting up on the button, even for an instant, breaks the combo. This is a game where building combo is actually very important if you want to afford the good moves in the store. And the store makes earning money easier with moves that chain easier.

It gets to be a huge deal on V and Ultra-V rated. Only on Kids mode can you really afford to not worry about combos.
>>
>>377371259
I bought the first one when it came out and for yyyyyyyears I thought the final boss was impossible to beat. Then I found out about that combo.

It's bullshit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.