[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which class will carry me through the main quest? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: Neverwinter_Nights_2_box_art.jpg (29KB, 250x357px) Image search: [Google]
Neverwinter_Nights_2_box_art.jpg
29KB, 250x357px
Which class will carry me through the main quest? I don't want to spend 15 hours building some crap that will get me stuck in a dungeon.
>>
Warlock
>>
File: DSC_0868.jpg (304KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0868.jpg
304KB, 1024x681px
>>
>>377369450
begger.

hidden skills are OP
>>
File: b1b2f2a123d4016dcf227c5cc66ddb42.jpg (124KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
b1b2f2a123d4016dcf227c5cc66ddb42.jpg
124KB, 1024x683px
>>
>>377370206
>>
>>377370078
>>377370206
>>377370285
??
>>
They're all viable. Although my personal favorite is a strength fighter: sorcerer/fighter/red dragon disciple.
>>
>>377369450
Since you can multi class choose one that will let you get good melee capability like fighter and then choose something that has strong aoe's/debuffs
>>
File: touch fluffy tail.jpg (90KB, 1022x665px) Image search: [Google]
touch fluffy tail.jpg
90KB, 1022x665px
>>377369450
Short answer - it's a party-based game, so all classes are viable - there are a few solo fights, but for the most part your party will carry a suboptimal build through so as long as you're not completely hopeless, you don't need to worry about minmaxing.
If you want to enjoy the OC, I'd suggest a melee-focused character, and as usual with campaigns you'll want conversational skills on your main character for dialogue and checks - Diplomacy is the best, but Lore is also really useful and lesser amounts of Appraise, Bluff, Intimidate, Perform and Spellcraft can be useful if you'd like your character to have that option.

Because of all that, I'd recommend a Bard/Fighter(or Barbarian) and prestige classing into Red Dragon Disciple or Frenzied Berserker.
Bard is the best base class in the game in my opinion for the utility it gives you - decent BAB growth, access to a wide variety of skills it's good to have on the PC (take Able Learner!), and some useful always-on minor combat/skill buffs even at lower levels; and it's one of the two classes that unlocks RDD, one of the best prestige classes for a melee character. You'll probably want a couple levels of Fighter or Barbarian for extra combat feats, proficiency and higher Attack Bonus. Red Dragon Disciple and Frenzied Berserker are the two best melee prestige classes in my opinion. Both have very simple requirements, and RDD offers some incredible base stat bonuses, particularly strength, that don't count against the stat bonus cap; as well as excellent hp and average attack. Frenzied Berserker offers great attack and the best feat in the game for a melee character, Enhanced Power Attack - use a two-handed weapon and go crazy.

This is my preferred build (and I think it's the simplest and easiest), but I'll reiterate that pretty much every class is viable, so just build something that you'd like to play. Have fun, anon!

>>377370506
Foxes a cute.

>>377370923
>sorcerer
Why wouldn't you just take bard?
>>
>>377371058
Might as well just be a cleric desu
>>
>>377372068
Thanks I'll try that out. 3.5th has always confused me.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.