[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

But how does a new IP like For Honor sell better than the so-called

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: bestsellinggames2017firstsix.jpg (71KB, 601x650px) Image search: [Google]
bestsellinggames2017firstsix.jpg
71KB, 601x650px
But how does a new IP like For Honor sell better than the so-called "game of all time" Zelda Breath of the Wild, despite the latter's 30 years of history?
>>
cuz it was out longer?
>>
One was released on 3 platforms, the other was released on 2 platforms from the same brand.
>>
>>377364708
GOAT means Greatest Of All Time not Game Of All Time dumbfuck.
>>
>>377364708
BotW currently has a much smaller install base due to switch shipment shortage and nobody supporting WiiU
>>
>>377364808

wouldn't the greatest of all time in the field of games be called game of all time?
>>
>>377364937
are you autistic?
>>
>>377364708
>Ghost Recon is the number one seller
>Despite being the worst installment in the franchise, the worst open world game of 2017 so far, and a knock off version of Mercenaries

JUST!
>>
File: onns.png (386KB, 825x520px) Image search: [Google]
onns.png
386KB, 825x520px
>that poor roach thinking Horizon beat Zelda in sales
thanks for that, OP
>>
>>377365043
are you?
>>
>>377365073
It's a wholly coop game. Like it or not, there's a higher chance for groups of friends to get a coop game together. The game's garbage and I personally know a few who were excited as fuck for it but ended up dropping it before even finishing a single playthrough.
>>
>>377364708
Normies were a mistake
>>
File: hahahaha.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
hahahaha.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>once the sports games, Call of Duty WWII and Star Wars: Battlefront II come out in the second half of the year, Zelda won't even be in the top 10

My sides
>>
>>377364708
Happy that mlb made it on

Literally outside NBA 2k the only sport series where they actually make major changes to the gameplay
>>
>>377364708
>THESE ARE THE BEST SELLING GAMES ONLY COUNTING STARTING AT JANUARY OF 2017 DURING A FULL MOON NOT COUNTING ODD NUMBER WEEKDAYS OR MORNINGS I FELT TIRED OF SICK

That tweet actually made some people feel good. I think that was the funniest part.
>>
>>377364708
>GTA V in 2017

Rockstar must be jacking off to this
>>
>>377365105
>hoping a worse game sells more than a better game because you like that company

So sad how Ponys do this
>>
>>377364708
>ghost recon at the top
I don't understand, wasn't the last game shit?
>>
>>377365710
the power of branding and normies.
>>
>>377365527

Wait, isn't that tweet pretty straightforward and not like that at all?

>"best selling games of 2017 so far"
>>
>>377364708
Does no one in this not realize that both Ghost Recon and For Honor are free with GPUs?
>>
Call of Duty is still selling into 2017???
>>
>>377365636
how the fuck does that happen in 2017? Was there as sale?
>>
>>377365842

I'm sure that's what made them the best selling games.
>>
>>377364708
Is OP legitimately retarded? You aren't even trying.
>>
>>377365842
They are also great examples of AAA gaming at its worst as both may have sold millions but nobody plays them online just a few months after release.
>>
>>377365938
Nvidia GPUs are selling like hot cakes you mong, you don't think that helped then you're just being retarded on purpose.
>>
>>377365401
Wow, are you telling me the games coming out on like three incredibly popular systems with hundreds of millions of potential systems with multi millions of marketing will probably outsell a game only available on one console with artificial scarcity? Well blow me the fuck down!
>>
>>377364708
Who is this guy and why are all of you trusting a random fucking tweet?
>>
>>377366185

He's an IGN senior editor and IGN has access to those numbers.
>>
>>377365710
The casuals of /v/ would like it too if they hadn't realized that open world is a meme.
>>
>>377364708
>Americans still buying ubishit
They need to be removed.
>>
>>377364708
because nintendo refuses to quit being a platform owner
for honor costs the same as any other AAA game
zelda has the added cost of needing you to buy a new console (or be a wii u pariah)
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.