[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we agree that this was the worst gen? Wagglan, DLC everything,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: wii-ps3-xbox360.jpg (199KB, 950x400px) Image search: [Google]
wii-ps3-xbox360.jpg
199KB, 950x400px
Can we agree that this was the worst gen?

Wagglan, DLC everything, microtransactions, media center bullshit.

I'm glad its dead.
>>
>>377359793
I disagree, there were more interesting games on the Wii amd HD twins. If you look at the games released now, they're largely in the same genres with similar mechanics, games are more homogenous because of cost risks.

The growth of indie developers this gen is a great thing though.
>>
>>377359793
This generation is a continuation of the last. We have everything that the last generation--replace waggling with VR memes. And now sharing and streaming has become the new trend.

Nothing has changed too drastically, and the business certainly hasn't gotten better since the last generation.
>>
>>377359793
I think the PS1/N64/Saturn generation was worse overall, due to the latter two being dismal failures with a handful of games worth playing between them.
>>
For consoles yes, wort gen, easily, this is simply what happens when Micropenis and Nintendo get console marketshare, everything just goes to shit. Everything turned into milittary shooter and casual shit

Handheld side though, DS and to some extent PSP, were fantastic though.
>>
File: 51UBw6++IwL._SY445_.jpg (40KB, 317x445px) Image search: [Google]
51UBw6++IwL._SY445_.jpg
40KB, 317x445px
With how anti-consumer that gen got, I'd say yes, that entire gen was trash. There were still some good games though.
>>
>>377359793
It at least had a good bunch of games by its end, though. This gen has been pretty barren outside of February
>>
>>377360202
I think this gen has a shit load of amazing single player games, while the last one was all about SHOOTAN and brown and bloom.
>>
>>377361851
that game's such a gem. it's a shame the original guys didn't produce the sequel
>>
>>377359793
Are you implying that this gen is any different?
>>
>>377362126
What happened to those guys anyway? Butcher Bay and Dark Athena was such a blast and I bought Wolfenstein because I heard some of the members worked on it but it just isn't the same.
>>
how long until we stop hating 7th gen and 7th gen nostalgia becomes accepted?
>>
>>377362126
The sequel was great. Completely different, but still amazing and the plot was in tact.

The real crime is the lack of a third game.
>>
>>377362310
they made payday 2 and went full jew
>>
>>377362423
The hell? I thought that was Overkill.
>>
>>377363286
samething bro
>>
>>377362337
Next gen
>>
>>377363742
Holy shit. I liked those guys.

I don't play Payday 2 but can you see your legs in first person? If not, then I've completely lost respect for those guys.
Overkill Walking Dead fucking when
>>
File: Bourne_PS3_2D_FINAL.jpg (133KB, 720x828px) Image search: [Google]
Bourne_PS3_2D_FINAL.jpg
133KB, 720x828px
seventh gen was the last gen with double aa/ b grade games. Those game don't exist anymore and it s just triple AAA vs weeb shit vs indie shit There were a ton of great games..
>>
>>377361960
Name a few, if you will. I want to know what I might have missed
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.