[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's find out just what kind of people browse /v/. >You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: swoords.png (20KB, 1152x344px) Image search: [Google]
swoords.png
20KB, 1152x344px
Let's find out just what kind of people browse /v/.
>You have 5 inventory slots
>Enemies have an various amounts of health. >You can find new weapons, which may range from 5-50 damage.
>Weapons lose 0.5 durability per hit and then break
Which sword do you use first?
>>
Is durability restored after battle or is this shit supposed to carry me through a dungeon?
>>
>>377359787
Durability never resets. Think BotW.
>>
Discard 7 and 12. Start with 20 for regular mobs. Important battle? Start with 30.

>>377359787
It's BotW's durability system, not everything is 10, usually higher damage = higher durability.
>>
always use the weakest ones first against all the normal-looking enemies around you. If you run into a boss that you die once or twice to, pull out he big guns.

But that raises an interesting question: do I get all the weapons back after I die, or is the durability lost permanently and eventually the weapons? How do I get new or more weapons to replenish my stock?
>>
>>377359968
Durability is permanent. You cannot repair or heal your weapon in any way. Weapons are dropped by enemies or discovered in chests/the environment.
>>
Quit the game and refund it for having such a retarded system

Any game that has *durability* automatically goes into the trash. Nothing as a game mechanic is worse than durability.
>>
>>377360091
This.

You just end up crippling yourself by using weak weapons on weak enemies and hordeing the strong weapons but never using them.
>>
>>377359968
All enemies wield and drop their weapons with full durability when they die. The strength of the weapons depends on the strength of the enemy itself. Also chests reward weapons sometimes.

>>377360091
I disagree, it stops the player from being overpowered as soon as they find a good weapon.
>>
>>377360079
>durability that you can't repair
reddit
>>
>>377360226
> Find good weapon
> never use it cause it might break
Yeah this isn't fun and it's a bad way to level gate people because you can't make a proper progression system
>>
>>377360226
>I disagree, it stops the player from being overpowered as soon as they find a good weapon
Ever heard of a thing called "balance"?
If your way of balancing a good weapon is to have it forever destroyed after using it, you need to rethink your game.
>>
>>377360091
Lol ok reddit
>>
File: romancing saga minstrel song.jpg (187KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
romancing saga minstrel song.jpg
187KB, 1920x1080px
>>377360091
>>
Alright I'll be honest, this was just a stealth thread to ask how other people played BotW. I ended up always using the weakest weapon available and replacing the weakest weapon if I found a stronger one. So I would just slowly amass a collection of high damage weapons by making the minimum damage in my inventory increase.
>>
>>377360226
So instead of having weapons drop very often yet break all the time, how about having weapons drop rarely but never break? There, balanced AND rewarding.
>>
>>377360387
>you need to rethink your game.
Why? Cus YOU don't like it?
>>
>>377359702
I'd stop playing the game because I hate that shit.
>>
>>377360091
Dark Souls 1's Durability is fine. Most weapons take a really long time to break, and they're cheap to repair. It only really exists to limit you spamming certain weapon's special attacks.
>>
>>377360567
It's rewarding either way...
>>
>>377360579
go home Randy
>>
File: IMG_3369.jpg (19KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3369.jpg
19KB, 238x192px
>>377360668
>Having a super cool and powerful weapon you worked very hard for gone forever because you used it is rewarding
>>
>>377360670
Not an argument
>>
>>377360091
if the weapons are treated as a conventional consumable item it turns into this, sure
if you go for something like "only one weapon at a time, you can get rid of shit you don't like by throwing it at motherfuckers" it can work
>>
>>377359702
>trash mobs
12 and 20, depending on if I can easily deal with the crowds or need a little more power
>hard mobs
20 and 28, preferably using 28 sparingly
>bosses
30 to start with, 28 as a backup.
7 is an emergency weapon.
>>
>>377360758
dammit fuck off /pol/book
>>
>>377360752
>worked very hard

Did you get an A?

It's reading because there's always something new around the corner
>>
>>377360373
>find good weapon
>use it
>it breaks
>you either get many worse weapons or a few other good weapons

You're never starved for better weapons really, the enemies shit out weapons faster than you can use, break, and collect. And it's not like you're getting the most basic weapons after you're a good portion into the game.

>>377360387
This is one way of balancing the player. And I don't see how so many people had a problem with it, like I said earlier in the post, you aren't ever starved for appropriate weapons.

>>377360567
The problem comes from if you get one high end weapon early on, which in many games with non-linearity you can, the rest of the game becomes trivialized from the outset which is what they wanted to avoid.
>>
>>377360845
It's true though. What's wrong with the disability system? It's perfectly cromulent..
>>
>>377360752
there has to be full transience or full permanence, the two clash otherwise
having weapon durability and weapon storage at the same time should only ever be done as an artistic choice
>>
>>377361178
Wut
>>
>>377359702
Can I discard weapons at any time? Because there's literally no reason to not pick the strongest weapons if speed isn't a factor.
>>
>>377359702
I'd just use the strongest shit, especially since you're not giving any information on what enemies I'm facing and whether or not there's a boss fight ahead. If I find new weapons and I don't have slots left I just dump the weakest ones.
>>
What's the point if they all have the same exact durability? Who would want to use the wooden blunt sword with 10 durability when there's a fuckhueg firesword of rape with 10 durability right next to it maybe if the weak shit had like 2000 durability maybe them I'd take it
>>
>>377359702
Use the 20dmg one. If the damage ranges from 5-50, all my swords are pretty shit and I will be finding better ones to replace anything sub-15 easily.
>>
>>377361250
tfw to intelligent four /v/
>>
>>377361178
One way heroics kinda has that
Weapons are literally everywhere but you gotta work hard to get the truly good shit and you can store your favorite shit in storage for later use or keep it safe till you can find a way to repair it
>>
Use strongest swords until you encounter enemies that can be one shot with weaker swords then go back to strongest
>>
>>377359702
use the 7 damage sword first, hit the enemy once and switch swords based on how much health it has left.
>>
>>377359702
Do we get stats?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.