[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else bored by all the multiplayer shit Nintendo is releasing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

Anybody else bored by all the multiplayer shit Nintendo is releasing and are just waiting for that story-focused single-player experience from Nintendo?
>>
>>377359476
yes, I bought MK8D and played it for only 30 mins because none of my friends have a Switch and whenever I get together with friends in person, they aren't that interested in playing video games.
>>
>>377359476
Yas nigga
>>
i really hope xenoblade 2 doesnt suck.
i already hate the generic anime look of the characters but if it has a good character creation, ill let that slide.
>>
>>377359847
>character creation
>with a named MC
????
>>
File: 1457538381636.jpg (146KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1457538381636.jpg
146KB, 680x1024px
>>377359476
I want this game to be good so badly. I don't even own a switch or plan on getting one but I hope they don't balls this up. I'm already not a fan of the artstyle but hey I might get used to it - can't remember how I reacted to the first games artstyle when I first saw it, maybe that took time to grow on me too. At least the music is confirmed to be amazing.
>>
Didn't we all just play zelda tho?

I mean i wouldnt call it story focused but it was a great single player game.
>>
File: e4546.png (172KB, 317x337px) Image search: [Google]
e4546.png
172KB, 317x337px
>>377359847
> if it has a good character creation, ill let that slide.
Oh fuck off, that was the final nail in the coffin for X's story. Where do people like you find your shitty opinions?
>>
>>377359928
It won't have a character creator but there are plenty of games with a named MC and a character creator.
>>
>>377360116
>Where do people like you find your shitty opinions?

the same place where you shitpost.
>>
>>377360116
>Oh fuck off, that was the final nail in the coffin for X's story.
No, there were like a dozen reasons for this. Even Monolith know the game wasn't story focused, that wasn't some horrible accident. That was on purpose.

>http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/368023/Tetsuya+Takahashi+Talks+Xenoblade+Chronicles+X/
>While Xenoblade Chronicles was a true story-driven JRPG, we took a rather different approach with Xenoblade Chronicles X.

>http://time.com/4149809/xenoblade-chronicles-x-director-tetsuya-takahashi/
>"We deliberately distanced ourselves from having philosophical themes intertwined with the core of the story. Given that we ... had no experience with developing HD titles... We decided that trying to balance that with an epic theme-laden story would pose difficulties."

X wasn't going to be like Chronicles for a variety of reasons. If they didn't have character creation, you'd just play as a pre-built character instead of one you could change the appearance of.
>>
>>377360116
>that was the final nail in the coffin for X's story

No it wasn't. Because X's character creation wasn't that great. You can do character creation and have the player character actually be part of the story, Saint's Row built itself up on that concept entirely.

X's story was shit for reasons entirely unrelated to your character. The biggest problem in the game is that the party wasn't a small, close knit group of people who bonded together. It was a bunch of who-gives-a-shits with all the focus going entirely onto Elma and Lao, with Lin being brought in for the same fucking joke with Tatsu in every goddamn cutscene.

"OH NO ALIENS ARE ATTACKING NEW LA! WHERE AM I GOING TO COOK TATSU NOW!?"
>>
>>377359476
I hope they announce some good single player games at E3. Doubt it will be much more than what we already know though (mario, xenoblade and fire emblem)
>>
Let's just all fucking admit that Xenoblade 2 is gonna legit be best RPG of the year
>>
File: giphy.gif (496KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
496KB, 500x273px
>>377361176
>>
File: oiPR5Xl.jpg (164KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
oiPR5Xl.jpg
164KB, 1440x810px
>>377359476
>character ceases to have a nose while looking toward the camera
I hate this. This is the sort of thing people mean when they say 'anime artstyle'.
>>
>>377360105
It's one game that was a launch title. It's a lengthy game, but if you assume that it takes 80 hours to complete and you play 10 hours a week (which is being generous), you'd have finished it about two weeks ago. Then there won't be any big single player games to sink your teeth into until Mario Odyssey/Xenoblade comes out in about 6 months. If the Switch had some sort of backwards compatibility or virtual console then you could at least revisit some older games in the mean time. But aside from Zelda there's only really multiplayer games on the Switch.
>>
The artstyle/character designs are shit and the rumours are that they're using Amerifat voice actors instead of Britbongs. But other than that, hopefully the game will still be good.
>>
>>377360990
its only unrelated to your character because besides the dumb nods you make, your character is not active in the story at all.
>>
>>377362609
>rumours are that they're using Amerifat voice actors instead of Britbongs.

source
>>
>>377359476
Very much so. I'm tried of hearing about the hype on ARMS, Spla2oon, and MK8D. The little friends I have aren't even interested in video games, and when I post these exact concerns on here you faggots ask me why I'm not playing Puyo Puyo tetris, or Bomberman. I'm sick of it. You can only play Zelda for so long.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.