[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The dev team confirmed a new life is strange is in developem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: LIFE-IS-STRANGE[1].jpg (715KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LIFE-IS-STRANGE[1].jpg
715KB, 1920x1080px
The dev team confirmed a new life is strange is in developement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoVni44YBtE
>>
File: 1438566991002.jpg (83KB, 715x537px) Image search: [Google]
1438566991002.jpg
83KB, 715x537px
>>377358394
Literally who cares?
Other than folks wanting more SFM fodder, this is a giant shrug in the gaming industry.
>>
I've seen more than 24 threads in the last two hours
Why are mods allowing this?
>>
>>377358582
get a life dude
>>
Oh shit thanks op >>377358394
im so excited right now man. the game is really good and i kept idling through some of the song scene to enjoy the view and the song.
>>
>>377358394
Wait, why was it the general?
>>
does this mean Remember Me 2 is on the cards for Dontnod?
>>
>>377360287
god damn it I read OP as new dev team confirmed

fucking nevermind
>>
>>377360287
Don't worry, I remember your ass

man, that ending was...edgy, huh, sis?
>>
I really liked the first one. So long as the sequel has a new cast, I'll be happy.
>>
>>377358582
>8 souls threads at any one time are fine though
>>
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>377358394
They don't excplicitly say sequel, so this could just be an enhanced rerelease or a new episode '2.5' or something.
>>
>>377358394
oh man i can't wait for 5 episodes of none of my choices matter right before the ending which undoes every choice i made
>>
>>377358506
this dude gets it
>>
>>377358394
Can't wait for "Tumblr is strange 2.0"

Atleast /lisg/ will get their fill for another lifetime I guess.
>>
>>377358394
I don't care. I'm not falling for the Life is Strange meme again.
>>
>>377362226
every single episodic game does this
>>
>>377364324
and they're all shit
>>
>>377362107
Good. I have no idea how you're supposed to make a satisfying sequel to a game with two endings without just making two games.
Has anyone doe that before, btw?
A sequel to multiple endings of one game?
>>
>>377358394
>the dev team is nu-males
haahahahha why am i not surprised
>>
>main character is a black girl
>>
>>377358394
Teen drama: the game

I'll file this one under shit I will never pay attention to unless it has meme material
>>
>>377358582
They must be feminazis who love their degenerate Lesbins Are Strange "games."
>>
>>377358506
Me. I played Life Is Strange recently after getting it cheap in the Squenix Christmas sale, and I absolutely loved it. I wrote it off as SJW bait at the time, but there's really nothing like that in the game. Kinda wondering if I should play Gone Homo too now.

>>377365546
Max and Chloe falling in love is a player-controlled choice. I honestly prefer them as just best friends. The romance angle seems rushed and forced.
>>
>>377365183
Yes. In doing so though one ending gets made canon and the other not. Fatal Frame 2 has many endings however only one gets referenced in Fatal Frame 3.
>>
File: Zoe Price.png (728KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Zoe Price.png
728KB, 1360x768px
>>377365469
>unless it has meme material
Life of Strange is chock full of meme material.
>>
>>377358394
Gimme ONE legit/objetively good reason to keep the shitty blue hair girl alive
There is NONE
>>
>>377362107
>>377365183
>>377366038
Assuming what they said in the past is still true now: Life of Strange 2 will have a new story with new characters. Not a sequel. Not Max and Chloe. Something new.
>>
>>377366176
Well, there's that too.
>>
>>377366056
It's funny that people post this, thinking that Chloe is presented as the strong, empowered womyn hero. For the most part she's portrayed as a near-retard who can't be left alone for five minutes without getting herself killed, as well as a massive hypocrite when it comes to issues like the gun. Max doesn't like her having it and keeping it the fuck away from her is again a player choice.

Chloe really isn't presented as a sympathetic character during much of the game (though you come to understand why she is like she is). Of course, people fall in love with her anyway, because she's a MPDG archetype and people can't get enough of them.
>>
top kek at all the straight male cucks who get triggered by two girls kissing
>>
>>377366779
Everything you said is true.
The best part about watching this game on stream, is watching how most players turn on Chloe. If not in the first episode, then in some time in Episode 2 or 3.

Of course, you still have the brain dead retards who still fall in love with Chloe no matter what. But for the most part, everyone is like "wait what?" when Chloe says women should control the guns. And you can see their reaction as the wheels in their mind start turning. Because it's one of the first things Chloe says that's inexcusably retarded.

And I believe that's intentional. They wrote her in such a way that the player can decided they don't like her.
>>
>>377367021
weak
>>
>>377367246
You watch multiple streams of a game you don't like? Interesting
>>
>>377358506
>I DONT LIKE IT THEREFORE NO ONE SHOULD!
>>
the blacked sfm is the only good thing to come out of this game
>>
>>377367647
Eh? I love the game. I don't like Chloe's attitude and behavior. But her being a person who makes bad decisions and acts like a bitch, actually plays into the story quite well.
>>
>>377367246
One of the things I liked about the game is that most of the characters have some personality flaws. Even Max, who was pretty shitty to Chloe by just leaving town and not even trying to stay in touch, fuelling her abandonment issues.

>>377367647
How does not liking Chloe equate to not liking the game?
>>
>still no news on that vampire game they're making

Fuck sake you frenchies.
>>
>>377367981
Right, also notice how judgmental Max is. Always fitting someone into a label. She's easily impressed by expensive things, while putting down the rich kids for being rich.
And even Victoria calls her out for being a lazy photographer.
She disguises her shortcomings by being self aware, but doesn't do any real self evaluation.(Until the end)
>>
>>377360287
>Remember Me 2
I'd play it, if they polished up the original concept a bit.
>>
>>377358394
first game was utter garbage.
>>
File: 2005.png (126KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
2005.png
126KB, 522x522px
>>377365738
>there's really nothing like that in the game
>>
>mfw the Chloe love ending is going to be canon
>mfw Warren and all his meme shirts will have been blown away by a tornado

thanks based devs
>>
I didn't understand the final part of the game. The killer Mark somehow beat the two characters to a race to the junk yard? How? And even then, have these people ever been to a place this far from any highway? You can literally hear everything. How did they not hear the killer drive up.

Even random shit like in episode 3, the whole several universes made no sense. And why was the blue hair bitch the cause of a huge storm?

They just made shit up and said "whatever". Anyone who claims this has a good story will eat up anything.
>>
Does every moderately successful video game need a sequel?
>>
>>377369240
>somehow beat the two characters to a race to the junk yard
Not necessarily. He comes up behind them after they've been there for a while.

>the whole several universes made no sense
In what way? You can accept literal on-demand time travel in this universe, but alternate realities are a stretch too far?

>And why was the blue hair bitch the cause of a huge storm?
She wasn't. Max was, by preventing Chloe's death. The stuff that sets in motion is implied to be an imbalance in the universe caused by Max's actions. The concept of there being no free lunches when it comes to time travel is a well-trodden path. If you save someone from dying, that price has to be paid another way to balance out the universe's energy or whatever. It's one of the most standard time travel tropes there is.

>>377369861
No, but in this particular case I'm glad it's happening anyway. The vampire game that they're working on seems very uninteresting to me, and there aren't enough of this style of game. Telltale's efforts are incredibly variable in terms of quality too.
>>
>>377360287
>the game that nearly made DONTNOD go bankrupt

nope
>>
awesome i cant wait for another pick a or b ending because nothing you do matters """"""choices""""" game
>>
>>377369237
I'm pretty sure they will make the Sacrifice Chloe ending canon because it's the most picked ending and the one that they put most effort into.
>>
kill yourselfie
>>
>>377366038
I don't really get why the ending getting a sequel must be made canon. There could just as well be two different outcomes and the getting a sequel is just the one shown
>>
>>377370473
and the one that makes the most sense. Chloe died like 20 times over the course of 5 days. She was meant to die if it took some miracle of time travel to save her every time and it follows that she would probably die the very next day after the town was wiped out unless Max kept going back in time to try to save her every time.
>>
>>377370473
I doubt the first one will be referenced at all, personally. Trying to do another story with Max feel incredibly forced. There's really nowhere else to go with her and her power. They covered everything there was to cover. Move on to someone else. They don't even need to have the exact same rewind time power.
>>
>>377365183
Deus Ex just merged all the endings
Both the original and HR I think
>>
>>377368909
Articulate your criticism of that image.
>>
>>377370776
Actually, Chloe only has 5 deaths.
1. Shot in the bathroom
2. Shot in junkyard
3. Hit by train
4. Overdose
5. Shot in junkyard part two: hella boogaloo.
>>
File: 1494325737793.jpg (104KB, 591x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494325737793.jpg
104KB, 591x1024px
>>377372768
Five?
>>
>>377372270
>Articulate your criticism of that image.
say again?
>>
>>377373650
You said the first game is garbage, along with a screencap of the game. Which I inferred to be proof that the game is garbage. However, I do not see why you would think that image proves anything. I need you to explain the faults you see in the image.
>>
File: that shit aint logical.jpg (58KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
that shit aint logical.jpg
58KB, 500x345px
>>377370776
>It's Max's overuse of her power that's causing the tornado
>Solution is to go back to bathroom and let Chloe die
>Because if it wasn't for that meeting in the bathroom, Max would have never discovered her power
>So apparently the idea is to make a timeline where Max never discovers her power
>But we already did this (alt universe/w Wheelie Chloe), and the same paranormal events were still happening at exactly the same times
>Let's ignore that for the moment, and point out Max discovered her power as a direct result of seeing Chloe die
>Presumably, Chloe not dying would have the same effect (actually a better chance) at stopping her from discovering her powers
>But this is what we actually did in the first rewind, went back to the bathroom and engineered a scenario where Chloe didn't die, so Max wouldn't have to rewind
>Ah, but that was after Max had already rewound once. Maybe the butterfly photo takes you back to the first time Max enters the Bathroom.
>Except that we had to re-take the Butterfly photo the second time we went into the bathroom, so that photo should lead to the second time Max entered the bathroom, where she already has her powers
> And they already established with photographing Kate and David, that you don't get to keep the photos after a rewind (except for the purposes of the optional photo collection thing, you don't keep them in game).
>So the photo must lead to the post-rewind bathroom
>Whateva, let's ignore that for the moment as well and assume the photo does take Max back to the first time she enters the bathroom
>Then since this is the first time in the bathroom, doing exactly what she did the second time, triggering the alarm and saving Chloe, would have prevented her from discovering her powers. Since letting Chloe die the first time around is actually what led to Max discovering her powers.

>and the one that makes the most sense.
It's the most ilogical ending of the two.
>>
life is strange had a decent concept but absolutely horrible, unlikeable characters
if they use the same mechanics but change everything else it could actually be good
i doubt that's gonna happen though
>>
>>377373015
Whatever happened to the dude that made those?
>>
Boy oh boy, can't wait for all the "muh diversity totally LGBTQZXCVNMASDFHJKLWERYUIOP Femanazi rights" to not shut the fuck up about it for the month of it's release till their ADD kicks in.
>>
File: IMG_0178.jpg (39KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0178.jpg
39KB, 500x375px
>>377372768
>5. Shot in junkyard part two: hella boogaloo.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.