[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this final boss fight intentionally easier than all others,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: The-Witcher-3-Eredin.jpg (162KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
The-Witcher-3-Eredin.jpg
162KB, 1024x576px
Was this final boss fight intentionally easier than all others, or was it because I reallocated my skill points and mastercrafted armor right before?
inb4 muhhhh easy gaem shit combat, its fun
>>
WHAT DID CDPR MEAN BY THIS?!?!
Is Eredin just a coward?
>Killed the king with poison
>Uses Imlereth and Caranthir to do his grunt work
>Teleports away at the start of the final fight
>Fights like a bitch
>Dies easily
He's just a weak coward isn't he?
>>
>>377357420
Seems that way
>>
>>377356296
It's because they patched the fuck out of him before release. Then had to go back and patch him again. The tall bastard would do attacks that literally pushed Geralt through the wall, resetting the entire fight. He had a ton of hitpoints.
>>
Yes it was really easy

But most of the fights were too. Imlerith was a pushover and Caranthir too. The only way to have a challenge is on Death March or to not spec on anything but the bare minimum.
>>
>>377356296
i have this theory that says that final bosses are not allowed to actually be tough because getting killed by them over and over again would ruin the immersion of the end game

the fucking toad prince and detlaff is where shit gets hard
>>
>>377357609
Im thinking he was supposed to be easy, story wise. I played on Death March and had more trouble with a pack of wild dogs just after finishing the game. Imlerith destroyed me like 10 times. Caranthir was pretty easy because he wasn't aggressive/ fought from a distance. But Eredin is just a pussy.
>>
>>377357842
yes my other thought too - more cinematic ending.
>>
>>377356296
I love the game, but Eredin was incredibly disappointing. I don't know if it was a statement of character or just something that they dropped the ball on, because I unironically enjoy the rest of the combat and "boss" fights. The Eredin fight seems so out of place, and just plain bad.
>>
>>377356296
The expansion easily have better boss fights than the base game.
>>
>>377358071
I agree, Im going with statement on the character because its less disappointing to assume it was intentional. It was a good ride. I feel empty that its over, but Im excited to start the expansions!
>>
Can we get The Witcher 4: Cirilla's Story please
>>
>>377358332
If it was intentional, I am less inclined to invest more time into the game.

I hear good things about the expansions, but if I learned they intentionally fucked over Eredin as a climatic challenge, then fuck'em. It is far more disappointing for me to be delivered this great game with a shallow and mishandled ending.
>>
>>377358547
the expansions are really really good though

you are missing out tons
>>
>>377358414
I'd rather have Cyberpunk.
>>
I wonder if Eredin would have been any more difficult if I had enemy scaling on. I dont like enemy scaling because it doesnt feel like Im getting stronger; a witcher should be able to kill a fucking dog in one swing.
>>
>>377359117
Having trouble getting excited about this because there has been nothing to show for it. Give me a gameplay trailer.
>>
>>377359117
>>377359737
I also dont really like fps's either soo...
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.