[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Phil Spencer the most out of touch video game executive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: jolly fat guy.jpg (34KB, 620x357px) Image search: [Google]
jolly fat guy.jpg
34KB, 620x357px
Is Phil Spencer the most out of touch video game executive?

Name one thing he did that makes sense.
>>
File: don.jpg (15KB, 650x370px) Image search: [Google]
don.jpg
15KB, 650x370px
>>377351543
>Is Phil Spencer the most out of touch video game executive?

stupid nigger.
>>
>>377351543
gave us phantom dust for free on pc
>>
File: 179644.jpg (102KB, 343x500px) Image search: [Google]
179644.jpg
102KB, 343x500px
>>377351543
Still hasn't been surpassed
>>
>>377351543
>Xbox 360 BC
>Xbox One Scorpio
>Phantom Dust for free
>Voodoo Vince
>renewed Scalebound ip
>Crackdown 3
>Sea of Thieves
>killing Kinect
>Rare Replay
>Ori
>Xbox Game Pass
>Hot Wheels Forza Horizon
>>
>>377351990
he was responsible for the dreamcast launch though. most of the dumb shit he did was in protest of SoJ
>>
>>377351667
Mattrick is out of the industry.

>>377351753
You mean the big remake that got downgraded to straight port of a niche multiplayer game that will surely thrive off of steam? At least he added pay2win elements.
>>
File: 1482952040379.jpg (8KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1482952040379.jpg
8KB, 100x100px
>>377351543
>"service games are the future"
He's cancer in my book. Cancelling SP games and shoe-horning multiplayer//microtransactions/service shit into other games just to drive up Gold subscriptions.
>>
>>377352215
Op never said they still had to be in the industry
>>
>>377351543
Are they simply waiting for the technology to go down in price before mass producing Scorpios, or is it is a stalling tactic due to having nothing else to impress people with?

They already have Nintendo and Sony in a corner due to both systems having inferior technology, but if the price of a Scorpio is ridiculous, they will be out of millions.
>>
>>377352215
getting the actual game is better than a remake that probably would have been bad anyways
at least it's cross platform with the 20 xbox one owners but yeah not being on steam sucks
>>
>>377352191
>Xbox 360 BC
Neat
>Xbox One Scorpio
Mid gen upgrades are cancer
>Phantom Dust for free
>Voodoo Vince
Neat
>renewed Scalebound ip
It's a rumor and if the game is revived it'd get sold to some shitty Western dev
>Crackdown 3
Always online bullshit.
>Sea of Thieves
"We want the e-celeb audience" the game. Rare should be working on something else.
>killing Kinect
Good I guess, but it was an obvious solution since the system was dying with it.
>Rare Replay
Cool but it's just a collection.
>Ori
Not an exclusive
>Xbox Game Pass
Netflix model doesn't work for games.
>Hot Wheels Forza Horizon
Cool I guess? Don't really give a shit.
>>
>>377352236
But he's right though. Games as a service is the future. He might be a little too forward thinking trying to implement it so soon. But it's coming.
>>
>>377352487
>Mid gen upgrades are cancer
Depending on if they hit the right price and can showcase it well enough.

>Western dev
You got a problem with that, either Microsoft built a new studio for it or they got another dev for it. Game looked like a piece of shit the last time it was seen at E3, I hope they reboot the game right over the garbage that was seen from 2014-2016 because I wasn't going to buy that failed garbage dragon simulator unless it was good and it sure as hell wasn't going to be.

>Always online bullshit.
Has a sp, dipshit

>"We want the e-celeb audience" the game. Rare should be working on something else.
They are, and people that played SOT liked it and thought it was fun.

>Not an exclusive
Fuck off, it's a great fucking game.

>Netflix model doesn't work for games.
$10 just to play games just released, sounds good to me.
>>
>>377351543
The ENTIRE Xbox division are corporate suits trying to chase what kids like. They aren't game devs or people who give a shit about the craft, they just wanna make money and they REEK of that businessman trying to appeal to kids type of company
>>
>>377352909
Only if you fucking let it. He is making it the future by pushing it
>>
>>377354537
EA access, PS NOW, games with gold, ps plus. You're out of your mind if you think Spencer is leading the movement. You sound like someone who thought movies as a service would never take off. As the internet get faster and faster it becomes easier to stream these large files straight to your TV. Consoles will be on their way out as all their processing power is taken over by server farms that eliminate the need for another box in your house. Deny it all you want, fight the good fight or whatever man. Still gonna happen. Good news is if you're really that against it, there's a massive backlog of games you'd never beat in a lifetime.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.