[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dd J1OKV63Q >tfw seeing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: smoking pepe.png (10KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
smoking pepe.png
10KB, 250x202px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ddJ1OKV63Q

>tfw seeing Valve showing off Source and being all proud of the technological achievements they pulled off
>now it's all just hats and paid mods

Man what happened to Valve...
>>
'member when people got excited about engines because they were doing new things?
>>
File: 1371357353274.gif (299KB, 448x256px) Image search: [Google]
1371357353274.gif
299KB, 448x256px
>>377350271
I remember

I miss that feeling
>>
>>377350271
'member when you could tell in which year a game was released just by looking at the graphics?
>>
Steam was a mistake
>>
File: 1495124627929.jpg (37KB, 483x504px) Image search: [Google]
1495124627929.jpg
37KB, 483x504px
>>377350165
I... I don't remember
>>
>>377350165
>technological achievements
most of the things in that video are fake
>>
>>377350165
They can't make that kind of technological progress again. That's why HL3 is not a thing.
>>
File: 1493797361402.jpg (304KB, 997x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1493797361402.jpg
304KB, 997x1500px
>>377350165
"It just works."
>>
>>377351330
videogames are by their nature, fake. But it can't be denied that the Source engine was pretty advanced in what it could do. HL2 was basically just one big tech demo.
>>
>>377351430
I get the feeling that if VR ever takes off properly, Valve will be more than happy to shit out HL3 as a VR game
>>
>>377351780
The grafix stuff is real but the gameplay segments in that video are scripted as fuck and don't represent the real game at all, skip like 8 minutes in when he's in Ravenholm.
>pushes table in front of door which keeps the combine out
doesn't happen
>other combine starts shooting through the window
also doesn't happen, you can clearly see it's just shooting at the wall above the washer and he runs over to make it look like he's being shot at and taking cover
>door gets broken open because of the table
also doesn't happen
>physics traps to kill combine
the ones in the video aren't used at all as far as i know because they're glitchy as fuck and usually break instead of doing what they're intended to do. sometimes the dumpster gets stuck on other objects or the game just crashes. the blood on the wall where they hit is also scripted to show up, that's not the real blood that spawns when enemies get hurt, it's a decal that has to be placed by hand on the map.
>shooting barrel near car makes it explode and make a huge flame trail
doesn't happen
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.