[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>plot is somehow worse than BvS >Damian Wayne >one hallucination

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

File: inj2.jpg (110KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
inj2.jpg
110KB, 960x640px
>plot is somehow worse than BvS
>Damian Wayne
>one hallucination apparently makes Joker integral to the main roster
>somehow a worse Joker than Jared Leto
>Batman and Flash look awkward as fuck in default gear
>brought back the shitty Clash system for some reason
>most Supers are a lot lamer than the previous game
>way too many Batman characters. if youre going to put that many at least change it up. did we seriously need fucking Bane again?
>no aquaman villain? seriously? i get Nigga Fish is probably coming as DLC but fuckin really?
>black adam... just why is he there? and if he has to be there why no Shazam premier skin?
>almost no premier skins to begin with, and Jon Stewart again? he's literally the least interesting Green Lantern we've ever had.
>most gear is way too similar.
>Cheetah? over Ares? its not like Ares died in Gods Among Us, and the gear system makes way more sense for Ares than Cheetah. plus Cheetah's lame as fuck. probably DLC tho, or Steppenwulf with an Ares premier skin.

That said everything else is pretty solid and I'm very happy with it. Just don't get a lot of the above decision making.
>>
I thought the plot was pretty good tbqh. Leagues better than the first game's.
>>
File: 1494873060517.jpg (67KB, 368x369px) Image search: [Google]
1494873060517.jpg
67KB, 368x369px
>>377344552
>calling Captain Marvel as Shazam
>>
Sick nitpicks I guess. The plot was sure the fuck not worse than BvS and you're being ridiculous for saying so. The biggest issue the story had was a bad case of plot device asspullitis. That and the same problem every NRS game has where two characters fight for no reason because there needs to be fighting in the fighting game.
>>
>>377344756
It's literally just "Superman bad, cant trust Superman."

"FREE SUPERMAN!"

"NO!"

"BRAINIAC BAD!"

"FREE SUPERMAN NOW! NEED SUPERMAN!"

"STILL NO!"

"DO IT!"

"OK!"

>frees Superman

"Ok Superman friend."

>Superman helps beat Brainiac

"SUPERMAN BAD AGAIN!"

>first game's ending but worse
>>
>>377345371
>I'm going to boil down the story to its most basic elements as if that will prove my point
>>
>>377345371
>It's literally just "Superman bad, cant trust Superman."

So was Injustice 1. At least this time we got Super Girl.
>>
still better than P5.
>>
>>377345573
That's really the whole plot, though. I didn't even boil it down much. Explain to me why Batman freed Superman. Explain it. Because moments earlier Batman was very "Absolutely do not let him out under any conditions." Then Blue Beetle and Firestorm get a little roughed up and he just frees Superman out of nowhere.

That's how the entire fucking plot went down. They don't explain why anyone does anything. People just do shit because it helps the 'plot' along.

Then there's stupid shit like the swamp scene. Swamp Thing is either retarded or the writers are, because the hell was that? He just attacks Harley and the others, talking like some braindead robot, then after they knock him on his ass he's like "Oh... guess that makes sense, doesn't it?" So he fails to stop anyone or protect his swamp in any way, and says he's be ready next time, and the very next time you see him he's just mind controlled by Brainiac.

Or how about how the entire plot seems to be trying to show Superman still has some humanity in him, only to have him go full batshit crazy at the end again at the drop of a hat and become as psychotic as in the first game.
>>
>>377346020
>Swamp Thing is either retarded or the writers are, because the hell was that? He just attacks Harley and the others, talking like some braindead robot, then after they knock him on his ass he's like "Oh... guess that makes sense, doesn't it?"

Because it's a game first and a movie second. The plot is just there to give a thinly veiled excuse for you to fight someone.
>>
>>377346160
It wouldn't be hard or take long to write a much better reason to fight Swamp Thing... and fucking every other battle in the whole story mode. What bothers me isn't the story not being movie quality, it's that there's no effort there at all. Why even have a big cinematic story mode if you're going to put zero effort into the writing part? It'd be cool as fuck to actually fight through a half way decent story with some decent reasons for why the fights are happening, and it wouldn't have taken hardly any time or effort for NR to do that. They just wrote down the FIRST thing that popped in their head the same way a five year old plays with action figures.
>>
>>377346505
Damn son shut the fuck up about zero effort. You want to see zero effort? Look at your own life. Fuck off.
>>
>>377346505
>It wouldn't be hard or take long to write a much better reason to fight Swamp Thing

You're absolutely right, but this is NRS "let's have Ermac rip a guy's arms off with his mind and then later get his ass kicked by a street cop". Story logic was never their strong point.
>>
>>377345371
You forgot the scenes where a character turns up for a barely plot relevant reason to be never shown again

It's like they felt these characters have to turn up but had literally nothing for them to do
>>
>>377346889
Fucking this, I mean, Swamp Thing being controlled by Brainiac? Fucking really?

What a fucking mess.
>>
>>377346995
>Mentions Swamp Thing but not Atrocitus or Joker who are literally that.
>>
>>377346889
Mentioned that in the OP a couple times. Like with Joker. If they're going to base the main roster on the story mode (which they claim is the case) then I'd like for the plot to include those characters for more than a single fight scene, especially if that character isn't even actually there... like with the Joker.

>>377346797
Even then I was honestly disappointed in comparison to their previous games' story modes. This felt exceptionally poorly done. While the first game's story was probably dumber, I feel like that Story Mode at least had a lot more effort put into it and it lasted much longer. This went by so fast I was legitimately confused when it ended. I honestly missed those shitty QTE's in Gods Among Us just because they at least felt like NR tried to be creative.
>>
File: faget.png (2MB, 1000x1668px) Image search: [Google]
faget.png
2MB, 1000x1668px
>>377346995
What Tekken has done is smart

Mishima shit and other characters are split into two sections. So characters aren't forced to be relevant for a scene in a story not about them. They also pretty much have freedom to do what they want be it Jack's pay day or Paul and Law messing with Feng
>>
The whole playable story mode concept is retarded from the start.

>character X chapter
>win 4 consecutive battles
>character Y chapter
>character Z chapter

Such a rinse and repeat formula is terrible for story telling because everything about them is crammed in altogether then if they appear later it's usually just to stand around looking dumb or lose to the new chapter leader. Just remove the damn fights altogether (they are terrible when you are forced to play someone you don't know) and make the entire thing a cinematic and do it properly.
>>
>>377347210
>If they're going to base the main roster on the story mode (which they claim is the case) then I'd like for the plot to include those characters for more than a single fight scene

T B H you shouldn't have expected anything else, several of the characters taking up space in the MKX roster did nothing in the story but job. I'm still worried that half the DLC characters will turn out to be movie cameos or some shit. I'm already on the fence about MK characters, and that's only because I really like MK.
>>
I don't know why people are so angry there are "too many Batman characters" in the game. Who else are they supposed to use? Can you honestly name 5 Green Arrow villains that would be better? How about the same from Wonder Woman? Batman is what casuals know and that is who DC is trying to appeal to with this game.
>>
>>377344552
Batman, Joker, Robin, Harley, Catwoman., scarecrow, red hood, bane, and Poison Ivy.
Yeah. The next highest character count for another hero is The fucking Flash with like 5 less people.
>>
>>377345371
>superman helps brainiac
Except that didn't happen.
>>
File: 1471472687891.jpg (36KB, 217x286px) Image search: [Google]
1471472687891.jpg
36KB, 217x286px
>>377348765
I'm at a loss for words right now.
>>
Will we ever get a DC Multiverse fighting game (that isn't a MOBA)?
>>
>>377347797
I'm "fine" with SubZero if only because he's been my favorite MK character since the original and since Scorpion was in Gods Among Us it just makes sense to give SZ a turn. That's all, though. I'm really hoping that Raiden shit was just a tease and is, at most, a premier skin for Black Adam.

I think giving us Starfire and Red Hood was a good start, though. Shows they want to give at least the MOST demanded characters. A few of my dream picks already made the main roster. As long as the Black Manta tease isn't just trolling and he really makes it, I'll be fine with almost anyone else as DLC.

>>377348118
>Batman characters to remove
-Bane
-Catwoman
-Joker

>possible additions
-Steppenwolf
-Ares
-Circe
-Doctor Psycho
-King Shark
-Ocean Master
-Black Manta
-Captain Boomerang
-Nekron
-Black Hand
-Arkillo
-Larfleeze
-Starro
-Pied Piper
-Metallo

Blue Beetle, Doctor Fate, and Atrocitus are on the main roster. They CLEARLY aren't only thinking about the most well known characters.

>>377348664
I am legit happy as fuck about Scarecrow, though. And Robin and Poison Ivy are nice additions.
>>
>>377349138
>-Steppenwolf
>-Ares
>-Circe
>-Doctor Psycho
>-King Shark
>-Ocean Master
>-Black Manta
>-Captain Boomerang
>-Nekron
>-Black Hand
>-Arkillo
>-Larfleeze
>-Starro
>-Pied Piper
>-Metallo

I literally have no idea who any of those are except Boomerang, Ares and Manta, who is coming as DLC. The game would not sell with the rest of them.
>>
File: 1459782341121.png (35KB, 641x527px) Image search: [Google]
1459782341121.png
35KB, 641x527px
>its a Cyborg chapter
>>
File: 1448041019679.gif (1MB, 305x280px) Image search: [Google]
1448041019679.gif
1MB, 305x280px
>>377344552
>Surprised that a story in a fighting game is shit
>Surprised that popular characters make it in more than less popular characters.
>Surprised about lack of skins
That is every fighting game ever made.
>>
>>377349138
>Batman characters to remove

Add Poison Ivy and Harley to that list. Both are shit tier characters.
>>
Does it piss anyone else off that the CPU will always clash once your power meter is exhausted? It's so goddamn annoying
>>
>>377349271
Not many non-comic readers knew who Killer Frost, Ares, Solomon Grundy, Doomsday, or a few others from the first game were UNTIL playing Gods Among Us. That game sold very well.

As long as the most essential popular characters are included and the gameplay is good, the game will sell a fuckload of copies. I've talked to a lot of more casual players who even liked being introduced to a bunch of characters they were unfamiliar with, while I didn't really hear anyone talking about how 'awesome it was' that Bane was in the game.
>>
>>377349552
Clash system is shit in general. CPU just shows off how bad it really is. It would work better if the bars you wager only added a percentage chance of winning the Clash and it was RNG. That way no matter how big a difference there was in meter either person would always have a chance, and it wouldn't get spammed as frequently because it would actually carry at least a slight risk.
>>
File: why man.png (19KB, 100x98px) Image search: [Google]
why man.png
19KB, 100x98px
>>377348765
>>
>>377349820
>Solomon Grundy

Gonna have to disagree with you on that one, I remember seeing him in tons of cartoons. Hell, Family Guy did a skit with him and then there's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGQEAiZJMco
>>
They should've used some Batman Beyond villains. Shriek would've been cool.
>>
>>377351065
Family Guy references Conway Twitty, too. Doesn't mean younger demographics have any idea who he is or what those 'jokes' are about. Solomun Grundy hasn't been remotely relevant since the HB 70's cartoons.
>>
File: 1491262023113.jpg (39KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1491262023113.jpg
39KB, 508x524px
>>377344934
>calling him captain marvel
>>
>Tarantula didn't make it into the game
>Joker did, again, despite being dead

There's no justice in this world.
>>
>>377347178
Atrocitus and Joker are not on the same level as Swamp Thing in terms of strength, silly anon, I'm talking about the stupidity that is Brainiac beomg able to overpower and mind control him.
>>
>>377351763
Isn't Swamp Thing basically a God?
>>
>>377351763
You were responding to the Anon who mentioned that some character show up for a fight, then leave, never to be seen again.
But fair point with Brainiac controlling Swamp Thing.
>>
>>377351884
Not really, he´s the avatar of The Green, he would be like the level of Adam.
>>
>>377351957
Black Adam or The Atom?
>>
>>377352090
Black Adam.
>>
>>377344552
>Disliking Cheetah
>Putting Hal above Stewart
>>
>>377352221
Hal isn't anything special, but Jon Stewart's the definition of zero personality.

And Cheetah's one of the lamest characters DC has ever produced.
>>
File: 1487362111156.jpg (174KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487362111156.jpg
174KB, 600x600px
>tfw no Constantine
>>
>>377352427

Fuck off John Constantine isn't a fighter, make him a background character sure but as a character is fucking dumb
>>
>>377344552
>Jon Stewart again? he's literally the least interesting Green Lantern we've ever had.

This is objectively false.

He's the only good one. Rest are shit.
>>
File: Snyderfag Delusion.png (404KB, 1898x405px) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfag Delusion.png
404KB, 1898x405px
>>377344552
>plot is somehow worse than BvS
Thats fucking impossible.
>>
>>377351206
Mad Stan could've been p. dope.

>>377351353
>Solomun Grundy hasn't been remotely relevant since the HB 70's cartoons.

Even if that's your baseline they were still showing those until relatively recently. Grundy has shown up at least once in plenty of series and that Public Enemies movie as well as Arkham City. I feel like it's safe to say plenty of people who don't read comics know who he is.
>>
Really tired of evil Superman.
>>
>>377353279
WAHHH WAHHHN EVIL SUPES WAHHHH
>>
>>377353279
Read Red Son or The Mastermen, communist and nazi Superman are better than Injustice Superman.
>>
>>377353000
>stewart
>better than kyle or guy

Your casual is showing.
>>
>>377353000
>Stewart better than Alan Scott and Guy Gardner
Yeah no, go back to watch JLU because that's the only GL knowledge you have.
>>
>>377353526
Well it is lame and overused.
>>
>>377349367
>Add Poison Ivy

Ivy is OP as fuck when she's lvl 15+.
>>
So Batman and Harley are fuck buddies now?
>>
>>377354778
At least he isn't fucking Batgirl.
>>
>>377347776
Fuck off retard holy shit

>wow arcade mode we just fight a bunch of oponente until the final boss

And yet SFV cucks was begging for it...stop simplifying stuff
>>
>>377348118
not even fucking superman has more than one rep without dlc
i figured Doomsday would return since he was in BvS
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.