[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Souls-like >No character creation Dropped after 10 minutes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 21

File: header.jpg (122KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
122KB, 460x215px
>Souls-like
>No character creation

Dropped after 10 minutes.
Thank fuck for refunds.
>>
What soulslike actually had character creation, tho

Nioh sure didn't
>>
Game is fucking awful anyway. It's literally just a reskinned Lords of the Fallen that people are trying to force and meme about being so much better than Souls games when it's not even on the same level.
>>
I'm more annoyed by the fact that this cripple uses the exoskeleton like he was born with it.
>>
>>377340083
Surge is good tho unlike Fallen which was unplayable
>>
>"souls-like"

It's just another fucking action RPG type game that's been done many times before Souls games were a thing. Why the fuck is "souls-like" a genre term?
>>
>make a shitty half assed souls clone in a garbage overused setting
>retards who "crave" souls games will still lap it up because no impulse control or values
>>
>>377340026
Well they are missing a key part of souls-games

Roll play makes multiple play through more viable.

Running through once as a massive tough guy knight then again as an hour glass ninja girl then trolling with a jew nosed green skinned freak is half the damn fun.
>>
>>377339768
We all know you just wanted to create an edgy female char to fill her with implants and armor. Deck 13 doesn't need you money, go play your weeb games made by slit eyed gooks.
>>
>>377340251
>good
without explanation, this word is empty shilling
>>
>>377340294
Because it popularized the genre obviously
does it matter?
>>
>>377340251
For what I played of it I would not rate it any better than LOTF. Less class choice to chose from at the start, boring opening.

But 10 minutes is not enough to get a feel for it I know.
>>
>>377340251
Surge isn't much better
>>
>>377340469
>roll play
I'll assume that was an intentional pun/jab at Ds3 for how good rolling is
>>
>>377340026
They all had character creation you super retard
>>
>>377340524
but anon, it's fun
>>
>>377340480
Why not allow that though. If your going to make a lifeless personality main character at least let the player chose what they look like so they can at least RP.
>>
>>377339768
Only a racist bigot would refund this game.
>>
>>377340745
Soulslike means games that are not the souls games. The "like" part should give that away.
>>
File: 1478538559425.png (785KB, 768x771px) Image search: [Google]
1478538559425.png
785KB, 768x771px
>>377339768

>99% of all armor sets have gaps between the armor so you have to see the jumpsuit underneath.
>Starting jumpsuit is dark blue, goes with a few sets but looks weird with a lot of them.
>Jumpsuit color is associated with your Rig rather than being a separate cosmetic.
>2nd Jumpsuit is white, nice and neutral and can pair nicely with pretty much anything.
>3rd Jumpsuit is a disgusting orange red color that clashes horrendously with most armor, and because you need it to open security doors to progress through the game you can't skip it.
>>
>>377341023
Hi deck 13 dev.

Less exo cripples more lords of the fallen plz.
>>
>>377341092
So no real fashion options. You just look like whatever the game wants you to?
>>
>>377340524
Yea just like you explained why the game is shit right?

>>377340665
>>377340724
Did you people play either?
Fallen is literally broken, everything in that game sucks

Surge isn't some masterpiece but it sure as hell is playable and so far I'm enjoying it
>>
>>377339768
I bet this is a shit game just like lords of the fallen, but for some reason people online just can't fucking articulate reasons for why it's shit

Steam reviews are all like
>Souls is better
well yeah, but just because a game is better doesn't mean every other game of the same genre isn't worth playing.
>it feels wrong
why

and the worst
>it's too difficult

Seriously
you're playing a souls-like game and you complain it's too hard?
And they never elaborate on why it's hard either.

If I didn't know the devs were the same as the guys from lord of the fallen, I would have bought this.
>>
>>377341379

You can change your outer armor, but there's no real benefit to mixing and matching pieces because wearing full sets grants significant bonuses.
>>
>>377341409
I didn't explain why it was shit, I wanted actual feedback from someone who has played it because I'm at least a little interested in it. Don't take shit so personally, faggot.
>>
>>377339768
i think that other anon said it really well
The Surge is as much Dark Souls as Starcraft is Command and Conquer
>>
>>377341409
It's playable, but enemies/bosses one/two shot you, armor doesn't matter aside from set bonuses, and all the areas look the same.
>>
>>377340294
Action RPG = diablo, path of exile, etc
Isometric mouse-based movement fighting hordes of OHKO enemies and spamming AoE skills on over the top combat sequences
Soulslike = slow-paced combat focused on one-on-one scenarios with heavy emphasis on avoiding/defending enemy blows
>>
>start game
>play for like 30 minutes
>game crashes

I run it on an Nvidia card and I can tell its clearly a GPU problem by the way it crashes.
Will this happen more often?
>>
>>377341409
I did play lotf. On ps4 too so the framerate was bad. Completed it and would give it a solid 7/10.

Not sure I would give surge more than a 7. Its kind of meh. Not bad enough for a 5 though.
>>
Is this the surge thread then?

Wiki mentions something called a "orientation implant" has anyone found that? +100% energy gain sounds too good to be true for zero core cost. Also what's the special way to kill the final boss for the better weapon?
>>
>>377341990

Cut off his weapon-wielding arm when you execute him.
>>
>>377339768
>the game is bad because I can't create my perfect kawaii waifu
>>
>>377341092
>because you need it to open security doors to progress through the game you can't skip it.

But you can change the appearance of the rig to whichever one you want. I'm not defending the game's lack of customization but don't be retarded.
>>
>>377341990
Well it was my intention to find out what other people thought when they started. But since thats already been covered why not.

I have to say the opening where the guy was strapped to the chair was gripping. And when I thought it was all done screwing shit into his body only to see some hellish device aimed at his head I did mutter "Oh fuck" and shivered. so props to the team for the intro.
>>
>>377342156
Exactly.

Dont really want to hear a guy grunting for hours.
>>
>>377342474
Just put a girl vs girl tennis match on in the background.
>>
>>377342598
Good point.
>>
>>377342474
>male grunting is enough to make someone not play a game
jesus dude. That's a pretty autistic reason not to play a game.
>>
>>377339768
Souls character creation was always fucking garbage anyway and you spend the entire game covered it armor. Its irrelevant.
>>
>>377342338

I did not notice this, thanks anon.
>>
>>377342824
Still allows you to RP. You know actually get into your character. Or at least create a character you like.

Exact same reason I cant play the witcher games.
>>
>>377342474
>Dont really want to hear a guy grunting for hours.

Then stop playing games.
>>
>>377342987
>RP
>sous games

there's nothing to RP there
>>
>>377342474
I don't mind because I'm secure with my sexuality, not a closet faggot who likes role-playing as a female.
>>
>>377343069
Maybe for zombies who aren't creative
>>
>>377342961
No problem, it's not much but at least you're not stuck with one rig color.
>>
>>377343069
More than.

>Here your this one guy who looks exactly the same as the guy you have played 12 thousand times before in other games, have fun.

Not like that has any replay value.
>>
>>377341462
people just think they should hate it
>>
>>377343123
Im a man hating open trans woman and your oppressing me.
>>
>>377341615
You didn't ask for feedback

>>377343412
Pretty much
>>
>>377343337
>>377343441
you're*
you have a good point though
>>
>>377342474
The main character doesn't really make any sounds outside of conversation, though.

Also the normal enemies are way harder than any normal demon soul/dark soul enemies were. Not in the way you fight them...most of them have pretty standard tactics you can use. Dodge left for the heavies and bash him, block the light charger ones and riposte...they just do a fuckton more damage than normal souls enemies did.

Also I didn't find any body armor until WELL into the second area, which I don't think was intended. Even then the only one I found was the stupid lynx which I fucking hate. I don't like the dark wood grain ring dodge spamming playstyle.

As for level design, I thought it was excellent though I am only in the second area. The shortcuts are nice but I must admit that the 'shortcut' just before the second boss isn't really a shortcut at all, and I don't know why they put it there.

Weapons are nice; if you want a really powerful but slow weapon then make sure you target the right arm of the first boss. I'm still using that thing.
>>
>>377343486
we're in a thread talking about a game you seem to enjoy and the only thing you've said about it is that it's "good" and "playable."
If you want to convince people to try this game, you need to be more descriptive and explain why you think those things, or else you seem like a shill and no one will take you seriously.
You should be explaining yourself not because I want feedback (which I do) but because you actually care enough about your own opinion to defend it with details. Now start explaining.
>>
>>377343604
>Also I didn't find any body armor until WELL into the second area, which I don't think was intended. Even then the only one I found was the stupid lynx which I fucking hate. I don't like the dark wood grain ring dodge spamming playstyle.

The wolverine guy at the catwalks of the first area drops the Rhino chest.
>>
>>377343873
Unless his goal is not to convert people.

Dont know how long you have been on /v/ for but you should know that anything he says will be criticised. No one can let an opinion be just that on this site.
>>
>>377343952
I killed him two dozen times and that never dropped for me.
>>
>>377340026
Eh you could at least customize willy's face and had transforms into other characters.
>>
>>377344138
>Unless his goal is not to convert people.
Then why even spam the thread claiming the game is good and getting mad at people who say it's not good?

What is your endgoal?
>>
>>377344171
You gotta damage the chest then execute him with the chest highlighted and enough damage done to it. Like all the limbs you harvest.
>>
>>377343873
>If you want to convince people to try this game
I don't
I'm just speaking my mind
I'm not going to write you a review but if you ask something specific I'll answer you
I did actually play the game unlike most people here

>>377343604
>Also I didn't find any body armor until WELL into the second area, which I don't think was intended

How the fuck did you get past the basement area without a body rig? And yea you're supposed to chop a guy in half and take his body rig
>>
>>377344138
If you're afraid of getting your opinion's criticized, you're on the wrong website.
>>
>>377344416
>have to damage the chest before executing the chest
>have to beat the shit out of the part you want to use, potentially breaking it

what a retarded system, should have been that the LESS damage a part takes the more likely youll get it when executing with it highlighted.
>>
>>377344367
Well I did not read enough into your convo to see him get mad.

Perhaps he is just a shill.

My end goal is to find a fuckan game to play. Just finished DS3's dlc and ran through dragons dogma a few times.

Want something a bit more tactical or strategic based. But also like customisation.
>>
>>377344426
why is it good
>>
>>377344426
I just went through it without lights. There are no enemies besides the one guy on the other side of the pool, and he doesn't aggro unless you cross the pool which you don't have to do.
>>
>>377344517
Yeah but you ARE destroying that part. Then you get a blueprint on how to make it and a broken version you break down for components.
>>
>>377344450
Yea such great criticism can be found here, such as smug anime girl face and "shill", "nigger" and so on and so forth

>>377344138
I'm the guy he's replying to and yea
No idea why people here don't understand that sometimes you're just sharing your opinion on a game without some alterior motive
>>
>>377344517
You get a damaged part, but you get it's blueprint to create a new one. The machine that crafts the parts can recycle it and recreate a brand new one. The parts are connected to the exoskeleton, that's why you have to damage them and rip them off.
>>
>>377344609
You didn't even go all the way down then. There's an entire area below that filled with enemies that's pitch black without a light source.
>>
>>377344747
>Yea such great criticism can be found here, such as smug anime girl face and "shill", "nigger" and so on and so forth
So why would anyone not post an opinion then, if the criticisms are so predictable and meaningless?
>>
>>377344946
Takes more effort than a simple, "its good i like it"?
>>
>>377344747
My mistake was assuming you wanted to have a meaningful conversation about the game, and for that, I admit fault and I'm sorry.
I assumed that you would actually be interested in explaining and justifying why you like something, not talking about it like you would the weather with a co-worker on your awkward and short elevator ride to your office.
>>
>>377344578
That's way too much ground to cover
If I try and half ass it I might misrepresent the game which won't help you and will be a waste of time for me
Anything more specific?

>>377344609
I guess you missed some of that area
There's a part of it where you're blind and take constant damage
There's good loot at the end of it
>>
Anyone else feel like the attack animations on the enemies are too abrupt? They just come out of no where, there's no start up, but it's not like I'm claiming it's too difficult, it really feels more cheap. Like that one superman punch move light enemies do? It doesn't mesh with the rest of their animations and it just come sout of no where, it doesn't feel natural but it looks like they meant for it to be that way to add to the danger and I don't like that. And that dual rigged rhino dude is like that too. It's be find if these moves were just "quick" attacks that didn't do that much damage but just caught you off guard, but they do half or more of health everytime, it's annoying. I don't know, maybe I just suck, but it's making not enjoy the game.
>>
>>377345269
from what I see, they have 2 types of attack
big meaty swings that fuck you up, but have long tells

and small "gotcha" swings out of nowhere.
Those are annoying indeed.

The wolverine guy has the worst one, where he just lunges out of nowhere
>>
>>377345269
I think it's fine it's not like you can't dodge those attacks and it keeps you on edge
>>
File: TheSurge_2017_05_18_15_59_27_520.jpg (811KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
TheSurge_2017_05_18_15_59_27_520.jpg
811KB, 2560x1440px
>onlyafro literally couldn't beat firebug with like 30 tries

Souls players lmao

>>377344570
So far I'm enjoying the enemies more than souls, mostly because the souls strategy of

>wait for attack animation
>iframe roll behind them
>mash r1

doesn't work on every enemy. I'm actually using different tactics for different enemies. The weakspots changing enemy attacks once you destroy them is cool too.

Game is awesome if you like good combat and exploring.

>>377345269
Not really, if they're running it means they're going to do the lunge attack. If you're running away or far away it's basically the only thing they'll use. You can block the attack though so it's really easy to bait them into lunging and if you block it you get a free counterattack.
>>
>>377345220
>There's good loot at the end of it

What does that thing do by the way? The description says it's unstable and unpredictable or something. Does it have some kind of proc or does it just do elemental damage or what?
>>
>>377340294
>another fucking action RPG
Yes, just like Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Totally not like Souls.
>>
>>377345220
not him, but I have specific questions.
Nothing makes me more satisfied than dealing giant chunks of damage with slow, hard hitting weapons. How well does the surge do this?
And how is the overall weapon variety?
>>
>>377345619
Less slash and thrust, more elemental. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>377340294
And have you even played the game? It's HEAVILY inspired by the souls games.
>>
is this shyt cracked yet?
>>
>>377345683
Not him, but the "heavy duty" weapons, i.e. two-handers, are much slower than in souls games so you may not like them. I still find them pretty satisfying though. Just watch this and skip to 7:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T__xISp6KIU&t
>>
>>377344517
stop being silly anon
>>
>>377345579
>wait for attack animation
>iframe roll behind them
>mash r1

Yea I agree a ton with this
It's the best thing about Surge compered to souls since in souls some enemies have moves you never see because you just spam R1 and kill them every time

Also agree with the rest of your post

A real shame to see the game get pretty low review scores, but at least I think it's doing well sales wise
At least I hope, since the game is such a huge jump in quality from lords that I want this dev to make more souls likes

>>377345683
Surge does this very well, big weapons feel heavy are slow and hit hard
The variety isn't mind blowing it's just the standard fast weapon, normal weapon, slow weapon

I'm just in the third area but it's all I've seen so far
>>
File: 1486349777129.jpg (14KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
1486349777129.jpg
14KB, 235x235px
>its another "if a game has stamina, lock on, dodge and rpg elements its just like dark souls then" thread

This whole fanbase must die.
>>
>>377341801
I once got a bug where every single enemy was missing, that was fun until I made a stupid mistake and fell down a hole and died.
>>
>>377346174
you forgot estus and checkpoint system
>>
>>377346174
The developers themselves said it was a part of the "souls-like" genre
>>
File: IMG-20170517-WA0017.jpg (188KB, 934x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170517-WA0017.jpg
188KB, 934x1280px
>>377339768
It's really a pity. I'd like to create some exo booty to walk around with.
>>
>>377346378
and souls
>>
File: 1486581739322.jpg (27KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
1486581739322.jpg
27KB, 636x636px
>>377346476
>souls-like genre

Who the fuck created this?
>>
Where the fuck does maddy run off to after you find her behind the crates in the nucleus?
>>
>>377346560
Fromsoftware did, with their titles "Demon Souls" and "Dark Souls"
though really they popularized a specific form of the action rpg genre
>>
Just imagine, a true fashionsouls set in the Blame! Universe

Fucking From should make that happen
>>
>>377345683
They are hard to use since enemies have shitload of poise and hyperarmor I guess it depends on how you play the game im sticking with a staff for now so i cant really tell you much
>>
>>377346174
And a single currencty that's spent on both leveling and acquiring gear. And dropping it all when you die and having to go back to that spot to get it back before dying again. And large maze-like areas with no map. And checkpoints that respawn enemies and refill your healing items. And shortcuts that loop back to said checkpoints. And unmarked NPC quests. And lore told through item descriptions.

You're retarded.
>>
>>377345907
It has no DRM.
>>
>>377346713
Is it weebshit? Because there's already an "anime souls" in the making and it looks like shit.
>>
>>377344517
Yeah it gets pretty ridiculous when you have to switch to a weaker weapon because that enemy wearing the new armor type showed up and your single-rigged ultra weapon kills him in two hits.
>>
>>377344517
I think the way the devs justify it is that when an enemy dies all the circutry and shit in their rig gets fried (hence why their corpses go up in flames) so in order to get anything off of them you have to sever it before that happens. Or something like that.
>>
File: Day of the rope.jpg (211KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Day of the rope.jpg
211KB, 1600x900px
Welp, that's that then.
>>
>>377340524
Are you a feminist anon? You seem quite comfortable with double standards.
>>
Does "crushing" damage work better on armored parts?
>>
>>377339768
>Souls-like
I despise this meme so much.
>>
>>377347623
how is asking for more details a double standard?
>>
>>377347508
Fug. I've gotten so used to looking at spoiler images with no thought that I forgot they're actually for spoilers.
>>
>>377346871
and quicksave and load
and storing your souls in bonfire incase you didnt get enough for a level
>>
>>377345269
I've kind of gotten over that it's difficult to see when an enemy is gonna swing while you're bashing on him and stuff like that and I'm more concerned with how you have no idea what's blockable and what's not. Like you've got this quick dual claw guy whose charge attack can be blocked, but not his "standing-still-dual-claw-slash", which for me has created a ton of "Okay there's that attack, I can block that, and there's another that I can-nope that was the other kind of swing this guy does that can't be blocked" and then a hammer guy shows up and you can't block any of his attacks at all.
>>
>>377341239
Deck13 got dropped for Lords Of The Fallen 2â„¢ sequel.
>>
>>377347508
Fuck, really?
>>
>>377346481
>Drilled into her boobs.
I didn't ask for this.
>>
>>377348398

Yep. There's a suicide message playing in the room where you find him.
>>
>>377348529
Is the gameplay worth it to start this still?
>>
>>377348673
The story is in the background like souls, the gameplay is the best part about the game.
>>
>>377348026
>can only list two differences compared to all the major similarities
>SEE IT'S NOT LIKE SOULS GAMES AT ALL

Still retarded.
>>
File: TheSurge.png (137KB, 1020x804px) Image search: [Google]
TheSurge.png
137KB, 1020x804px
>>377339768

>not pirating The Surge

Kek. Only Souls games I buy are those made by based From Software.
>>
>>377348026
>and quicksave and load

Seriously what the fuck. I want to believe that it was for bugtesting or something and they just forgot to take it out.
>>
>it's a "souls like" game where there's no interconnected environments, interesting lore or character creation
>they call it a "souls like" because it's third person, has corpse run and is mildly punishing
>>
Staff>Single-Rigged>Dual-Rigged>One Handed>Heavy Duty.
>>
I just realized why all the negative reviews are just crying about the difficulty. It's because you can't summon other people and have them beat the game for you.
>>
>>377349005
>Witcher 3 GOTY edition only 50 bucks on steam
>includes the base game and two massive expansions
>amount of content that other devs would still be charging $80+ for
>plus all the free DLC that they gave away after launch that other devs would charge for
>pirating from the most based devs there are right now

Seriously neck yourself.
>>
>>377349758

I played it for 30 minutes, got bored of how retarded, braindead and garbage The Shitter 3 is. Don't worry, I pirated it, but barely played, I pirate games mostly for that reason.

CDPR is not based, they haven't made a good game yet, I hope they can actually have FUN combat in Cyberpunk 2077.

Want a true based developer? From Software. I have spend 2000-+ hours on DeS, DaS, DaS2, DaS3 and BB. God tier games.
>>
good game
>>
>>377350024
>reused assets: the dev
>based
>>
>>377350138

There is nothing wrong with re-using assets as long as you make good games :)

From Software is the best developer and company in gaming right now, all you Souls haters are going to get anal fucked at E3 when you see Armored Core 6 and Bloodborne 2.

From Software 4 life.
>>
>>377349373
Wait WHAT? I cant quick save and load before a boss?
>>
Who the fuck cares about character creation in these types of games? You're going to be in armor for 99 percent of the game so unless you're making an ugly fucker for laughs who cares?
>>
>>377350657
I would understand if the souls games had good looking characters, but they look like dogshit. Warren and William both look way better than the abominations you can make in souls.

It's just assblasted virgins that refuse to play anything but females.
>>
>>377346378
And boss rooms that you enter through a fog gate.
and losing your points if you die
>>
File: 1455332114731.png (11KB, 744x520px) Image search: [Google]
1455332114731.png
11KB, 744x520px
>>377347508
Remember when spoilers were used for spoilers? I sure don't. Fuck
>>
File: 1434761465895.jpg (22KB, 272x348px) Image search: [Google]
1434761465895.jpg
22KB, 272x348px
>>377351486
>>377347937

That'll teach ya to be more cautious.
>>
>>377350657
>the surge
>armor
You mean your garbage man suit with whatever garbage strapped on?
>>
>>377350657
>>377350802
Perharp they mean armor customization? the surge armor look like those crap from fallout 4 with hexagon
>>
>>377350350
I hope you realize that you're just coming across as a rabid fanboy and absolutely nobody is going to take you seriously.
>>
>>377350372
Yup. F5 and F8.
>>
>>377339768
I played Dark Souls until i got sick and tired of it ~600 hours and i wouldn't include it in my top 5 favorite games.It was just a good time waster at the time.Ever since i've been avoiding the subject so i guess i can say this unbiased.

The "souls-llike" term is some bullshit people created to cash in on a popular game forcing it to be a sub genre of shorts. The very vague similarities these games have with Dark Souls don't make them good in any way and are also so relative that they might as well don't exist.

After watching TB's video on The Surge i was like "what the fuck is he talking about" the game is painfully boring and the pricetag doesn't fit. If it was called Mech Suit Combat Sim 2017 and was sold for 15-20$ maybe it would be ok but its not as it is. I usually respect the man's opinion but hes view on Dark Souls and what he thinks it's appeal to the people is aside from memes is completely and totally (no pun intended) wrong.

In the end if your game tries to copy another then chances are its going to be shit. Copycats fail all the time because they think they understand why the original is good. Abominations like these would be the result of FROM going to someone and selling them their idea before they had made their games and we got the other person's view as a product.

Sub genres named after some released tittle should stop existing already.
>>
Ok. So cutting off the left arm of the human form final boss only gets you the mimetic edge. What's the hardcore kill again? Do I need to get the right arm? Or am I off in thinking it needs to be human form
>>
any one got what the objective are really ? i got to the second zone but apart from farming a talking to pnj and security guard
are we supposed to fin that ben guy who talks over the radio ?
>>
>>377339768
The gameplay is okay, nothing special, but Jesus Christ the aesthetic and world are awful.
>>
>>377355279
You gotta head through recycling and kill the firebug. Just keep exploring the level it's kind of a maze.
>>
>Choose your class
>You get one leg part and one arm part
>Same starting weapon for both
>The best armor in the game is the one you can get from the very first enemy that can be cut anyway

I like some minor things about it, like the cutting I just mentioned. Better than random drops in my opinion. But the game overall is just not that good.
>>
>>377355554
>best armor
>lynx
Gorgon wants a word with you.
>>
>>377355471
recycling is just a flat area with the 2 big robots ?
>>
File: 1493259380813.jpg (86KB, 474x750px) Image search: [Google]
1493259380813.jpg
86KB, 474x750px
Why do people instantly dislike certain games
>WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THE SURGE? WHY DO THESE REVIEWS KEEP SAYING GOOD THINGS ABOUT IT? HOW COULD THEY AFFORD HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF SHILLS?
>WAAAAAHHHH BLOODBORNE!
its a objectively good game no matter what you think
>>
>>377355039
So you didn't play the game but think those four paragraphs you typed up will add to the conversation?
>>
>>377355665
Keep going through there. It's hard to give directions but I think it's the door on the far side of it, head trough there and just keep going that way till you find the elevator that takes you near the ops that's when you know you are close. Once you get the elevator running for a shortcut head down the goo filled corridor, make two lefts and your at the boss.
>>
>>377355784
Why don't you tell us what's so objectively good about it?
>>
>>377355784
i think the the npc should give more precise direction because the character isn't supposed to know where all the shit is
>>
>>377355865
>you have to waste money on shit to then go on vee and bitch about it being shit
What the fuck do you smoke?
>>
File: 1473161861713.png (129KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473161861713.png
129KB, 300x300px
>Press attack button once
>Character does a multiple hit attack
>Can't dodge out of it
>>
>>377340026
Noih was based around a historical figure and has a story focus.

This is some sci fi game and for reason hey needed john space marine protagonisy.
>>
>>377355903
hum i went through there already in fact that where i come from
i didn't go down so i just unlocked the passage trough the service tunnel first
thanks
>>
File: 1480756961001.png (3KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480756961001.png
3KB, 400x400px
>>377356075
>Press attack button once
>Character does a quick slash
>LATER ON
>Press attack button once thinking you can sneak in a quick hit while the enemy winds up
>Do a longer spinning attack
>Get hit
>>
>>377356075
>>377356245
the attack you do changes depending on which part you are targeting m8s
>>
>>377339768
But why? Most of the character's face would be covered with a visor? Also why didn't just Google that info rather waste time downloading it
>>
The biggest problem with this game is how linear it is. Gear, gear upgrades and zone progression are all painfully linear.

Honorable mentions include: copy-paste-same-face enemies, FIVE bosses, unlikable NPCs and indistinguishable environments.
>>
>>377355216
Anyone? I keep having to f8 because I keep getting the mimetic edge. How the hell do I get those claws of the gestalt. Or do you get both when you chop off the left arm and I'm jumping the gun with the f5
>>
>>377356871
>reloaded the game after taking a break
>get cutscene imediatly
Welp.
>>
>>377356019
What do you smoke? Just pirate the game if you want to have an opinion about it.

Also, real time strategies were called Dune clones early on. Would you call every RTS that isn't Dune II shit?
>>
I think it should be legal to murder anyone who compares anything to dark souls, including other dark souls games
>>
>>377357102
Does Bloodborne count?
>>
>>377357175
absolutely
>>
>>377357102
>Stop comparing this game to the game that the devs explicitly said they were borrowing mechanics from!
>Stop comparing this game to other games in the series!

I think it shouls be legal to murder retards like you.
>>
>>377339768
>no character creation
>a deal breaker

wew this is some spicy bait
>>
>>377357492
you'll be the first against the wall in the Souls revolution
>>
>>377357624
It's not bait anon, that's the sad thing. There are people who actually won't play a game unless they can go full autism creating a potato-faced waifu. What's more, they'll whine about a game not having character creation, then turn around and praise shit like Nier just because the MC has her ass hanging out.
>>
>>377356871
Chop off the right arm.
>>
How the fuck is Warren supposed to knck P.A.X over without using the missile tactic? Someoen told me to just hit its legs until it falls over but that doesn't work. Someone else told me to hit its legs as it raises them and that doesn't work either.
>>
>>377358087
So fucking true. I guarantee you the /v/ drones calling this game shit think Nier Automata has good gameplay. I don't think I've ever been that disappointed with a sequel.
>>
>>377339768

>he actually buys modern AAA games
>>
>>377358323
When it stomps, I think you're supposed to go for the leg that's on the ground to knock it off balance. I'm not positive but it's the only thing that makes sense.
>>
>>377358323
>Someone else told me to hit its legs as it raises them and that doesn't work either.
Yes it does
>>
>>377358220
Game instantly gave me the end cutscene when I came back to it. Guess I'm waiting till I hit him in ng+ for those.

Also it's a real shitshow so far. Those fuckin laser drones have like 300-400 hp I don't even want to think about pax right now.

>>377358323
You hit the leg it's standing on when it's stomping. It def works against the black Cerberus paxes and il be able to test it myself here soon in ng+.
>>
File: 1469628860617.jpg (10KB, 249x248px) Image search: [Google]
1469628860617.jpg
10KB, 249x248px
>can't get rid of weapons unless it's to give it to Warren's ugly slav waifu
>>
>>377358613
>getting rid of weapons
For what purpose?
>>
>>377356754
Does the game really only have 5 fucking bosses
Is this even an rpg how long is it
>>
>>377358738
Takes up too much fucking space. Warren have like 5 different Single-Rigged or staves but only one of them isn't shit by the end of the game.
>>
>>377358743
>five bosses
Yes
>rpg
No.

There's no stat building only more core power and slotting implants. It's a third person hack and slash.
>>
>>377358743
Pretty much. There are some mini-boss tier enemies, but there are only 5 actual bosses. Despite my grievances, the second boss was pretty fun.
>>
>>377341654
So heavily linked in both theme and gameplay? WTF I love surge now?!
>>
>>377358743
I've logged 17 hours and I'm at the 3rd boss. Definitely not as long as any souls game but supposedly there are a lot of changes in NG+.
>>
>>377356151
>Noih was based around a historical figure and has a story focus.

Nice try but there weren't demons and oni back then you fucking retard.
>>
>>377358919
Well how long of a hack and slash is it then, because Diablo and torchlight and whatnot are a good 20+ hours
>>
>>377358896
Just set the ones you care about to favorite and ignore the rest. It's not like you can end up with six copies of something. The only time it's a problem is trying to upgrade armor and wading through the garbage and that's still a issue if you build all the armor sets.
>>
Heady Duty > Dual-Rigged > Shit > Single-Rigged > Staves
>>
>>377358613
This was a dumb idea by the developers. Lords of the Fallen is the same crap, by the end of the game the player has 10 different axes and 30 swords.
>>
>>377359001
Is there at least a good variety of enemies?
>>
>>377359093
With some idle time and plenty of farming I clocked into ng+ at about 25 hours and core level 96. Not super long and I've yet to see how ng+ mixes anything up so far other than one enemy where it shouldn't be, some new upgrade tiers, and enemy hp bloat. Then again I'm still getting to pax again so it might add more stuff later but so far I'm not impressed.
>>
>>377359202
>Finish with a faith build
>Literally only 2 usable melee weapons
>>
>>377359217
Enemy variety? sure. But it's not like Dark Souls tier enemy variety, and some of the enemies, like in Dark Souls, despite being different in some ways are fought int he same manner.
>>
>>377359217
Dude with dual wielding
Dude with medium weapon
Dude with staff
Dude with heavy weapon
Flamethrower guy
Grenade launcher guy
Ram drone
Laser drone
Shield drone
Cargo bot
Wielder bot
Police dog bot
Five non respawning smelter bots
cyborg zombies
nanomachine replicants
nanomachine cluster
And the five bosses. I'm pretty sure that's every single enemy in the game. Might have forgot one or two.
>>
>>377359663

Did you get the repair bots with the gravity attacks?
>>
>>377359727
Typed wielder bot, ment welder bot. That's the ones you mean right? The trike guys with the fire attack?
>>
>>377359795
Yeah, they're found in Area 2.
>>
>>377339768

>Soulslike
>"""Character creation"""

Funny because you don't even see your character for 99% of the Souls series. Did you refund those too?
>>
>>377359056
>He doesn't believe in giant enemy crabs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMfapDlm9UY
>>
>>377343159
Fuuuuuck. Just get some sand toys and play in the sand and rp you big baby.
>>
File: 20170516174041_1.jpg (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170516174041_1.jpg
230KB, 1920x1080px
Hardcore Kills
>PAX - DO NOT let him get hit by his missiles even once
>Firebug - Destroy all the legs before killing
>Big Sister - DO NOT destroy the welding arms; go straight for the face
>Black Cerberus - Rip his god damn arm off
>Rogue Program - ??
>>
>>377359938
>DO NOT destroy the welding arms
Fucking how?
>>
>>377360024
It's easier than it sounds if you have the firebug v2 weapon. Run straight at the core, cut the wires at its base and just keep running left and right around it waiting for it to slam it's face on the ground. Even with 0 dual rig skill it does not take too long. Any other weapons reach runs the risk of hitting the nearby welder arms.
>>
I'll definitely get it when its cheaper. I don't think it will be anything more than okay but I like my okay. I played Lords of the Fallen on the Xbone cuz it was free and while it had some fucking awful flaws it did have some merits. I do like that there are weapons that can only be obtained via "hard" methods of beating the bosses. Fucking Lords of the Fallen's class and stat systems were fucking sinful, though. It looks like they figured out how bad those were and tightened up on it, at the loss of practically all RPG elements.
>>
>>377359938
Cut off his right arm during 1st form is what I read.
>>
File: 1493759010000.jpg (133KB, 809x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1493759010000.jpg
133KB, 809x1181px
>>377358743
To be fair a lot of enemies are as hard as souls bosses.
And regular enemies have a tin of moves.
>>
>>377360417
Hardcore kills sound neat until you actually try to do them. Just remember that if quick save/load isn't meant to be in the final game then you're locked out until NG+ to retry or Alt+F4 if you notice a fail like PAX hitting himself with the missiles because of the shitty terrain.
>>
>>377340026
Necropolis? Kind of. You could choose armor color.
>>
The only reason why this game is so hard at times is because of artificial difficulty. I'm not even joking either

>same shockwave tier bullshit like in Dark souls
Just fought a scorpion robot dog who did the backwards tail swipe, and Warren was nowhere near the attack but still got injured.
>enemies actually just snap into attacks with zero indication of the attack happening
>warren can get pulled out of his dodge animation and get hit by an enemy attack
>attacks can actually lock onto Warren
(i.e. an enemy lunges at him and if warren dodges to the side the enemy's attack can curve into him instead of just going in a straight line
>>
>>377359001
>the second boss was pretty fun.
Honestly, I had more fun fighting the Fire-Bug than most actual Souls bosses. It wasn't even that spectacular, but something about it was really neat.
>>
>>377361005
>Robot doggo lunges
The single most bullshit non boss attack in the game tbqhf
>>
>>377359663
Ehhh, seems alright for a short game
>>
>>377361005
The enemy tracking through attacks and your huge hitbox makes for an unfair game. Not to mention enemies doing more damage than they have a right to just for the sake of calling it a "hard" game. Plus enemies placed around corners for gotcha kills.
>>
>>377360774
I got most of them in Lords of the Fallen. Missed a few for sure on my first run through. I believe it had to be your first try against a few of them, with a couple being without getting hit and the like. I don't see why you'd have to quit your game for it, though, since dying isn't exactly tough. I watched a supercut of someone fighting the second boss and he died twenty or thirty times and still got the V2 weapon. Maybe its more bullshit than it looks but Lords had little replay value and I imagine its the same for this. What's the ending, by the way? You're a robot? All people are robots?
>>
>>377361272
>>377361005
Are you guys trying to dodge - around -
attacks but staying in range of the enemy, or - away -?
>>
File: 1288219411580.png (18KB, 320x409px) Image search: [Google]
1288219411580.png
18KB, 320x409px
One thing i can say about this game is the fact the game has way more attacks per weapons than any souls game.

You have Horizontal and vertical attacks like in Soul claibur.
And then you can alternate them to get new moves and combos.
Than you have power attacks.
Than you have counterattacks.
Then you have dash attacks.
Then you have backstabs.
Then you have doge attacks for every direction you dodge in.
And then you have finishing moves.
And some weapons lack a power attack but get more combos whit attacks that are literally curazey tier.
Althou the game has 6 weapon types and same types have same moves only difference being added effects.
>>
>>377361471
Variety is nice, but if half of those attacks are actually pointless and mashing normal ones are the best then it's not. Which one is it for this game?
>>
>>377361471
You're just inflating the list when Souls games have most of them too.
>>
>>377361660
You would be supersized.
I found that many enemies are weak to specific attacks.
Only regular "human" ones usually die to mashing.

Some can easily be killed by dash attacks.
Some are weak to jump attack. (forgot to mention that you also have a jump attack in the above lsit.)

The robot dogos for instance the ones everyone hates are super weak against using 2 handed weapon forward dash thrust in the face.
It literally kills them in 4 hits.
I assume other weapons also have a strong dash attack.
But so far i found the 2 handers to have the strongest one.
>>
>>377361471
They call it horizontal and vertical attacks, but really it's just attacks and alternate attacks. I haven't really noticed an vertical in a lot of them.

I think Surge and Souls both get it wrong because it SHOULD be attack and alternate attack so they can do whatever they want without limiting themselves to certain move types for every weapon.
>>
>>377359938
>Kill big sister without cutting off the arms

Yeah... fuck that. Took me 30 tries just to find out all of the mechanics for that boss fight using the pax. I'll try that on the 2nd run through
>>
>>377361442
No, dodge away from it but not backwards, but to the side. The attacks can track him, depending on the enemy.
>>
>>377340913
this its fun with frien-
>no coop or pvp
I mean why even fucking bother
>>
>>377362051
The vertical attack is actually useful for witching up the hitboxes when needed. Makes killing some of the bosses much easier once you get that
>>
File: 1288221419851.png (16KB, 639x448px) Image search: [Google]
1288221419851.png
16KB, 639x448px
>>377361854
I know but thrust me this game hs way more attacks.
If you ever play it you will see.
The amount of nuance between weapons in this game is kinda like Bloodborne.
In souls most weapons kinda feel the same.
>>
File: 1475720759737.png (500KB, 602x481px) Image search: [Google]
1475720759737.png
500KB, 602x481px
>you can actually end the Black Cerberus boss fight early by cutting off his limbs
>>
>>377362186
I was happy when I read it because in Souls games I almost always go for weapons that have horizontal R1s and vertical R2's, but then I realized weapons just go through walls in The Surge and it became a lot less important to me.
>>
>>377340251
> unplayable

I don't think you understand what that means
>>
>>377362209
>The amount of nuance between weapons in this game is kinda like Bloodborne.
You make it sound like most weapons in Bloodborne aren't handled in almost the exact same manner. Attacks speeds are basically the same, even on weapons that are fucking massive like Kirkhammer. Damage output is basically the same, too. the only real difference is which direction the weapon swings in (which is almost irrelevant in souls games) and which stat the damage stacks off of.
>>
>>377362051
Equip dual claws.

Try VVH
And HHV combo.

You will notice the differences.
One is a spinning move great for 1v2 fight.
The other is a jump back high damage kick perfect hit and run vs bosses.
>>
>>377362209
You mean how all the weapons within the same type have the same move set?
>>
>>377341821
>LotF 7/10
>sonyger
No wonder why you have such shit taste. Surge is easily better than LotF on a mechanical level and they're about the same in regards to the setting (which isn't that good).
>>
>>377347508
Oh well
not big of a spoiler anyway
>>
File: 1369584556195.jpg (18KB, 360x479px) Image search: [Google]
1369584556195.jpg
18KB, 360x479px
>>377340251
It was full playable.
And even less BS than souls games in many aspects.
You just don't like it and are exaggerating.
>>
File: 1409535096440.jpg (37KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
1409535096440.jpg
37KB, 396x388px
>>377362271

>You can prevent him from continuously summoning PAX by baiting the first one into destroying the two big tanks in the arena.

What a shitty boss, honestly.
>>
>in ng+ armor bugs out and shows equipped even when it's not and nothing fixes it so you are locked out of that piece.

Well there goes any chance of me ever defending this game for at least being fun. This is a inexcusable bug. Ng+ isn't even good, no new weapons or armor yet, very very few new enemy placements (only two out of place foes in area 1 from what I saw)
Thread posts: 237
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.