[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be the most ambitious and coolest FF >hours of sweet music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 75

File: FFVIII-SquallRinoa_artwork.jpg (83KB, 784x722px) Image search: [Google]
FFVIII-SquallRinoa_artwork.jpg
83KB, 784x722px
>be the most ambitious and coolest FF
>hours of sweet music and cinematics
>get hated on because a popular circa 2008 web reviewer couldn't figure out the mechanics.

FF8 general, I guess.
>>
Don't think this game needs a general, but Squall was a cool guy. He only gets hate because three scenes of him being emo in a coming-of-age story get exaggerated.
>>
Rinoa is one of the shittiest FF heroines of all time. Worst girl in her own game and it's not even a competition.
>>
>>377337925
The only thing I didn't like about this game is that everyone knew each other as kids and the guardian force mindwipe thing.

Other than that it was cool as shit.
>>
>>377337925
I would strongly contest "most ambitious and cool." I'll agree with "ambitious and cool," but there are other games that reached farther and achieved more.

Squall is best FF protag though. One of the only ones with actual depth.
>>
>>377338219
In Squall's defense, he was surrounded by idiots throughout the entire game.
>>
it's my favorite ff game
>>
my biggest fucking gripe is that square STILL hasn't released a triple triad standalone on either steam or mobile
>>
>>377338363
Eh it's not that bad, all jrpgs have stupid shit in them. There was foreshadowing about it at least, those rumors about gf messing with your brain garden staff insisted on you ignoring and people commenting on how you forgot them.
>>
It was always the black sheep of the series because it was a very experimental game and a lot of the systems were wonky or easily broken, and the writing was rushed after the first disc.

Is it as good as FF6 or 7? No, it isn't.
It's still leagues ahead of the slog that is FF9 and it's not nearly as linear or as stupid as FF10 is.
>>
>>377337925
>be the most ambitious
FF7
>and coolest FF
FF6
>hours of sweet music
not as good as FF9, though
>get hated on because a popular circa 2008 web reviewer couldn't figure out the mechanics.
agree

squall also gets a lot of hate, but IIRC his shitty behavior was mostly thanks to the bad translation
>>
The reason it gets hate is because of the story and characters.
also
>magic junction
>monsters level with you
>the dumb ass flashbacks with those forgettable fucks
The rest was fine.
Squall is Cloud without the snarky comments and insanity. Then he goes full teenage romance with that one ugly bitch. I had to stop there or I would have to start cutting myself listening to My Chemical Romance to stop the pain.
Even Tidus had more charisma and I didn't like him at all.
>>
I liked the draw/junction/RF system. They messed up by making attack/aura/renzocookem all you ever need though.
>>
>>377338912
Linearity is not a bad thing by itself.
>>
>>377338957
His behavior wasn't even that shitty, people just kept nagging and he wasn't very social.
>>
>>377337925
>>be the most ambitious and coolest FF

Ambition means fuck all and there's nothing cool about pretend lions named griever.

>>hours of sweet music and cinematics

Every Final Fantasy

>>get hated on because a popular circa 2008 web reviewer couldn't figure out the mechanics.

Muh Spoony boogie man

You know if the game had anything worth shit to defend you'd be able to do it without using a straw man argument.

The story is shit. The characters are retarded and yes the gameplay mechanics are dreadful.
>>
Am I going to have to play this on a PS2 emulator?

Or is there a PSP version since the PS emulator is lighter in terms resources.
>>
File: 1494948184735.jpg (180KB, 1046x1566px) Image search: [Google]
1494948184735.jpg
180KB, 1046x1566px
>>377338314
>Rinoa is one of the shittiest FF heroines of all time
Alongside Tifa, but at least Tifa has huge tatas.
>>
Sorry no one enjoys shitty broken obtuse game mechanics OP.
>>
>>377338957
>not as good as FF9, though

FF9's snail-pace battles eliminate it. Sure! It has cool music etc. whatever. FF9 could be fucking Gilgamesh but it is meaningless when it takes 20 minutes to walk through a simple dungeon. 7&8 didn't have this problem.
>>
>>377338957
FF9 was a step backward in most ways. Stupid animal people ruined Final Fantasy in the long run because XII and Tactics Advance Ivalice was such shit compared to FFTs.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74ZXp_5M_7c
>>
>>377338498
This.

One of few "He's dead all along theories LAWL" because the game story goes kinda nuts after Edea failed assassination.
>>
>>377337925
>2017
>Still using Spoony as a shield against criticism

Need help carrying that gigantic fucking chip on your shoulder?
>>
>>377338314
She was a realistic 17 year old girl. Self-centered, empty headed and a complete ditz. Throws tantrums like a child when she doesn't get her way and fucks up team cohesion by trying to fuck the leader of the group.
>>
I'd bet money within 5-10 years Sqeenix remakes 8 along with all the other golden-era FFs (5-10)

Do you think a remake would work for 8?
>>
>>377339895
I just like FF8 man, nothing to do with chips or shoulders.
>>
>>377339383
You can just get the PC version too.
>>
>>377337925
I just hate Rinoa. She really drags the game down for me. Everything else is either great or pretty good. The battle system never bothered me. Love the setting and music.
>>
>>377338731
You a dum dum?
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Triple_Triad_(Portal_App)
>>
>>377339383
It's on the PSN for like ten bucks or so. Works on PS3, PSP and Vita. Same with every other PS1 FF, including ports and Tactics.
>>
you listed the only good thing about the game, the music.

characters and story was shit. gameplay was okay.
>>
>>377339835
I almost understand what you're saying, but FF9's fairy tale animal people have shit all to do with those games. It used character design well in that regard, giving you only a few straight up human characters with the rest of the cast reflecting the weird variety of people the world has.

FFTA/2 were both fine since you could write it off as being the fantasy game world they have in their 'real world'. It wasn't better than FFT, but it worked for what they were doing.

While I don't like that they did it, FF12 slipping in the FFTA races would have been fine if they did anything with it besides background color. But instead the put the races in and then do fuck all with them outside NPCs and some minor antagonists. Dalmasca, despite having all those different races in the city, seems to have a military comprised mainly of human male twinks. Possibly conscripted straight from Ashe's personal harem.
>>
>>377340089
Probably depends on how well 7 will sell. You know people are going to complain about it non-stop no matter what but if it sells well nonetheless we'll probably get remakes of the rest eventually. The gunblade trigger could make for an interesting mechanic in a remake, like pressing a trigger as the blade hits an enemy causes extra damage/stagger, extends the combo for another hit and speeds it up; potentially allowing you to string big combos that get harder and harder to keep up, missing the window stops the combo and leaves you open. Could also tack an auto-draw on gunblade trigger to ease up the bore of drawing enemies. And tone down junctions a lot, make them offer something like 5% of the original boost but increase it by 1% for a minute for every hit in a combo or something.

Zell could have actual fighting game mechanics. Irvine a first person shooting mode. Rinoa's thingie could be controlled mid-air and the dog issued commands. Quistis would be mostly about magic but can't really thing of anything really interesting, maybe learning enemy movesets. Selphie just randomly trips over enemies or something.
>>
File: FF12_basch.jpg (24KB, 312x283px) Image search: [Google]
FF12_basch.jpg
24KB, 312x283px
>>377337925
>>be the most ambitious

That's not true, though. FF12 was stuck with the ungrateful role of being the one that had to essentially modernize the series on the cusp of the next console generation. Most people don't even know about the shit that Matsuno wanted to have in FF12 like no visible health at all so you'd have to look at how characters emoted to find out their health and such.
>>
>>377337925
Spoony really is a piece of shit for getting popular because of this, and then making it popular.
Faggot.
>>
>>377338314
Rinoa is sloppy seconds. Never forget.
>>
>>377339905
>realistic 17 year old girl
Nigga this is final FANTASY I don't wanna see that shit
>>
>>377338219
If you look at things fairly Squall is almost the most alpha FF protagonist of all time.

Seriously who has that old infographic that explains that so well? I can never find it anymore.
>>
File: you da man squall.jpg (115KB, 684x552px) Image search: [Google]
you da man squall.jpg
115KB, 684x552px
>>377342161
Got you covered.
>>
>>377341882
>like no visible health at all so you'd have to look at how characters emoted to find out their health and such.
That would've been really cool, but it would've increased complaints about XII tenfold.
I honestly think it was the most experimental FF game to date, too bad it gets so much hate for doing so.
>>
>>377338957
Get the fuck out of here saying that FF9's music was better than 8 you fucking contrarian faggot. People hate this FF but nearly always agree that it has one of the best soundtracks because it does.
>>
File: Zidane.Tribal.full.100253.jpg (694KB, 1200x1011px) Image search: [Google]
Zidane.Tribal.full.100253.jpg
694KB, 1200x1011px
>>377342161
>If you look at things fairly Squall is almost the most alpha FF protagonist of all time.

Yeah, no. Squall is one catcher's admit from being Holden fucking Caulfield

Being an introverted self important dweeb who has an imaginary lion doesn't make you alpha
>>
>>377342458
I swear to god the entirety of 9's soundtrack was inspired on one song from 8 that Uematsu loved so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku0PC5XqGgU
>>
>>377338912
I truly think that FF8 is better than FF7.
>>
File: Zidane and Eiko.jpg (2MB, 1178x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Zidane and Eiko.jpg
2MB, 1178x1500px
>>377342525
Zidane is such a gigantic dork though.
Cecil is the manliest main character
>>
>>377342675
Hey that's cool man, think what you want even when you're wrong.
>>
>>377337925
Haha. Final Fantasy 8. That think that was popular nearly 20 years ago.
>>
the bad:
level scaling, the magic system, and the only way to make battle not take a year being exploiting hp junctioning to spam limits

the good:
the music, cards, laguna, the setting, none of ff7's horrendous gimmick minigame spam
>>
>>377342525

>he gives literally zero shits
>still able to waltz
>steals a car to assassinate a head of state
>littraly all the bitches want his dick

Whatever.
>>
>>377337925
>a popular circa 2008 web reviewer couldn't figure out the mechanics
I don't know what you're referring to, maybe some people just have different opinions from you.
>general
>>>/vg/
>>
>>377337925
dont care, played it in 2002 lel
>>
FF8 was awful anon
>>
>>377342525
Dude everyone outside of Squall in FF8 was a total fuckup loser who was constantly hindering everything. Squall had to keep all of them in line and do the most out of anyone while being the biggest target. He carried everyone.
>>
>>377342760
Nostalgia mode.
>>
>>377343018
Yup, it appears that is the topic of this thread thanks for the reminder.
>>
>>377339835
This guy knows exactly what he's talking about.
>>
>>377342828
>level scaling, the magic system
On the money. Everyone complains about drawing magic, and the people who complain about the people who complain about drawing magic, when that's the least of the problems the mechanics have. Character building in VIII is completely ass-backwards in a way not even II was, considering II still at its most basic still rewarded your stats for participating in battles, when fighting to the fullest in VII is counterproductive more than anything.
>>
>>377341882
XII was definitely the most ambitious, second only to possibly XIII/FNC but that was such a shitshow that it practically doesn't count. People forget that ambition =/= qualitiy.
>>
FFVIII was my favorite simply by way of critical strikes being a guarantee if you times R1 right.

Made battles feel interactive. Also liked the fact you could turn off random battles entirely with Diablo.
>>
>>377343495
>13
>ambitious

nigga, what? only thing 13 was ambitious in was the art department's budget. it plays like lobotomized 12 because players apparently couldn't handle all the freedom.
>>
>>377339348
>The story is shit
What does that even mean in the context of animu-tier faggotry that is Final Fantasy? How do you tell a "good" animu story from a "bad" one? It's all shit.
>>
I want Final Fantasy Tactics 2.
>>
>>377338219
Also "whatever" is a mistranslated line.
>>
>>377343782
He only even says it like 6 times in the entire game to begin with.
>>
File: 1331075722242.jpg (16KB, 376x260px) Image search: [Google]
1331075722242.jpg
16KB, 376x260px
>>377343565
>Play FF8 and Super Mario RPG more than 15 years ago
>Still try to time hits in every other RPG I play
>>
>>377338731
Buy that FF14 subscription, goy.
>>
>>377337925
you know god damn well that there was retarded mechanics in ff8
>draw system
>junction system
>encouragement to not level, because scaling was disproportionate
It's absolutely idiotic to defend this shit when they did much better in prior games. No one likes drawing magic at the start of a boss fight for 30 fucking turns.
>>
>>377343782
Oh man, this is my favorite meme. "My shitty character isn't emo, it was the translation!"

Never mind that every FF protag since 7 has been a mopey piece of shit for a significant portion of their game.
>>
>>377343968
>No one likes drawing magic at the start of a boss fight for 30 fucking turns.

You absolutely do not have to do that. There are far more efficient methods of getting magic.

Most people just don't try them because "I should be able to beat the game by brute forcing my way through every encounter and ignoring mechanics", thus the hatred of the leveling and junction system.
>>
>>377343996

i don't think you know what the word 'mopey' means
>>
Why is there no retranslation for FF8, when everyone agrees that it has a poor translation?
>>
>>377339905
Why would anyone want this in their game?
>>
>>377338219

There was a bit that was lost in translation.

Most people in this thread never played the Japanese version, I'm sure. It wasn't as bad. They really fucked up the translation and that's why Squall makes Cloud look like well-adjusted individual in terms of sanity.

Some scenes, you can really feel the half-ass translation. "Sis Ellone!" for example. How many times does he say "Sis Ellone"? Anyone that's seen a few anime know exactly what that phrase was meant to be. But the translators couldn't didn't adapt it to American culture.

Also, the use of "love" and "like" made the relationships seem like they were in places where they really weren't. In Japanese, "like" doesn't mean the same thing as it does in English once it gets translated. It has 2 meanings, one of which is sort of like a middle ground between English "like" and "love." Translators constantly use "love" when it's really that middle-ground definition of "like"

Basically, it's on par with a fan-translation but most people don't notice because 1.) fan-trans was barely a thing in 1999 and 2.) back then, we simply trusted game devs to do a good job and not question things like translations except only on the most hardcore AOL forums.

I loved FFVIII, for what it's worth. There's a lot of things I would have changed, but that didn't make it a bad game.
>>
>>377344146
The game is just as boring if you understand the system though because you'll just go through the game killing everything from trash mobs to bosses in 1-2 turns.
>>
>>377344230
why is there no remake of ff8 where junction is removed more like
>>
File: 1479985166284.png (583KB, 540x785px) Image search: [Google]
1479985166284.png
583KB, 540x785px
>>377337925
The last great FF imo, not even trolling.
9 was too childish, trying to throwback too hard after 8's mixed reviews.
10 was the beginning of the end, though worth a play.
Dropped the whole series after about 20 minutes in 12.
RIP.
>>
>>377344230
It's not. FF8 was rather excellently translated, Squall's omitted lines notwithstanding, it just had nonexistent localization compared to FF9.
>>
File: 1299979366940.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1299979366940.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>377341635
>FF8 remake with action combat
>Squall plays like Nero in DMC4
>>
>>377344146
>You absolutely do not have to do that. There are far more efficient methods of getting magic.
Like hunting for every draw point, which has limited uses unless you considerably refresh the section over and over and over and over and over and over again. Still these draw points will never have the strongest magic or the shit that means anything in the game worth having. All that shit comes from a boss or special mob.

It wasn't a matter of brute forcing, it's a matter of the junction and draw system was shit, and the game prior did it way fucking better in the form of materia.
>>
>>377337925
Oh fuck off, nigger. People hated FF8 way before that. Spoony didn't popularize it, he got popular because of it.
>>
>>377341882
>Most people don't even know about the shit that Matsuno wanted to have in FF12 like no visible health at all so you'd have to look at how characters emoted to find out their health and such.
That's a fucking terrible idea.
>>
>>377337925
What the fuck is up with this bitch's face?
>>
>>377337925
Probably the best first part/disk out of all core entries, to be honest. I wish the game stayed about a mercenary company getting shit done instead of devolving into typical JRPG story later on.

>you will never again be briefed on what the next mission is by Robin Williams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhxlwQFiGyA
>>
>>377338865
I played it twice back in the day and thought that this whole memory loss thing was tied to actually summoning GFs and did my second playthrough completely without that because I thought that the characters somehow didn't lose their memories. I was retarded as fuck, because I didn't realize that the whole junction system and therefore the whole gameplay revolves around using them. Little old me was way too naive.
>>
>>377342828
>cards
Triple Triad, and card refinement (and all refinements desu) were really great additions.
>>
>>377344434
Holy shit you're retarded. No, he wasn't talking about draw points. He was talking about the dozens of GF abilities for converting items to magic.
>>
>>377344434
More like refining items and cards with the dozens of abilities available to each GF that you probably didn't pay attention to because the list made your head hurt.
>>
File: 1489403417638.gif (1MB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489403417638.gif
1MB, 440x300px
>>377337925
>Game so hated that the sequel gets unwarranted hate despite being superior.

8 is the reason why we'll never get a 9 remake.
>>
File: 1388320414752.png (472KB, 650x561px) Image search: [Google]
1388320414752.png
472KB, 650x561px
>>377344715
>>377344748
>have to read a guide or trial and error through getting and refining items in menus all day
Fun mechanic lads
>>
>>377337925
I thought the game was stupid and nonsensical even as a kid. It was just taboo to say anything negative about FF.

The magic system is fucking stupid, whether Spoony says so or not. The story doesn't make sense. The Gunblade doesn't make sense.

FF8 suffers from the same underlying problem that FF10 suffers from. The story, as an abstract, looks good on paper. The execution is terrible.

FF8: Every moment and every memory is precious, you can't go back in time to change things. Look at how the Sorceress brought them up, and how Laguna's romance failed. But the details and the execution of the story is just ass.

FF10: A story about how life is finite, how life is precious and that you should cherish every step of the journey. When you die, all that stays are memories and whatever legacy you wrought. The music fits this perfectly. The problem is that the characters are such anime autistic weeb caricatures that you cannot take it seriously. Once again, works on paper, not in the game
>>
>>377344537
whoa dont talk about my waifu like that what is your problem
>>
File: 1485762154753.jpg (52KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
1485762154753.jpg
52KB, 600x604px
>>377344912
How do you have to read a guide? You can see all GF skills and what they do from the learn menu. Then the conversion menus tell you what you'll get from each item before you convert anything.
>>
>>377344951
>The Gunblade doesn't make sense.
How does it not?
>>
>>377345368
how do you know which items you should be getting and where to get them/farm them? how do you know which items are good for junctioning before just trying them?
>>
>>377344791
>IX
>Superior in any way

>Slow shit combat
>Only passive customization
>Furrybait
>Zidane actively screaming at every party member "stop that character development right now"
>Terrra/Kuja/Zidane plot twist which is far worse than the Orphanage twist but gets a free pass because "ITS AN FFIV HOMAGE YOU FFVII STARTER BABBY"

VIII is questionable but still has heart. IX is actually trash.
>>
>>377345553
By playing the game, anon. Remember when people used to do that without looking for guides online all the time because they didn't have a 500+ games backlog?
>>
>>377345678
by trial and error then. thanks for playing.
>>
>>377345553
You don't need to know either of those things unless you're trying to min-max break the game, which will require specific strategies and guide consultation in any game. If you're playing casually the item conversion skills are an entirely adequate replacement for standard drawing.
>>
>>377345513
Anon I love FF8, but the gunblade is a retarded concept. Not the fact that they put a blade on a revolver grip, because the "pistol grip" was an actual thing for weapons though it didn't look like a revolver at all, but the whole chamber explosion to let the blade vibrant, which makes it cut better. Which just isn't how it works.
>>
>>377345768
The basic idea of vibrations making cutting easier is totally a thing though anon. I don't think the gunblade is that cool, but it really isn't that crazy overall
>>
>>377345639
>Zidane actively screaming at every party member "stop that character development right now"
>Terrra/Kuja/Zidane plot twist which is far worse than the Orphanage
what
>>
>>377345368
> All you have to do is to look at the skill list, compare them to the learn menu to see what they do, then open up a spreadsheet in Excel and check what items you can convert into what in the conversion menu, then you correlate the conversion menu to the constellation of stars, compute the phases of the moon, wait until the sees boil, the stars are right, the sky turns blood red, all the planets align and then go ahead and use the mechanics

This is what it sounds like when people explain how "easy" these mechanics are. Sure, if you've been playing with these ridiculous mechanics since you were 5 years old it seems reasonable. But to most people painstakingly checking what item converts to what to benefit what GF is obnoxious. Also, how DOES it make sense that an item like a tent can just be collapsed/converted into a black hole? It just doesn't make sense no matter which way you look at it.
>>377345513

How sensible is it to put a huge fucking blade on the end of a revolver chamber? What does the revolver chamber do? The blade doesnt end in a barrel from which you could shoot with any accuracy or force at an enemy. What sense does it make to have a range weapon attached to your mélee weapon? You know what makes more sense? Doing what pirates/naval military did. Use a cutlass in one hand, use a pistol in the other, engage the enemies blade and shoot him in the belly. That makes much more sense than hitting an enemy with a sword and MAYBE getting a hit in with the gun in your grip. But wait, the Gunblade supposedly cuts better when you shoot because of vibrations. That doesnt make any fucking sense. That is the best way to cut down on your cutting power. If anything, the gun part of the gunblade will cause you to have massive recoil. Either it will pull your weapon up, or in a better scenario, give it lateral movement, diminishing the downard/slashing/stabbing movement the attacker is making.
It doesn't make sense.
>>
>>377345639
I have no problem with any of those except slow ass combat. I don't think any trade-off was worth it for such long loading and input execution. They didn't even fix that in the re-release.
>>
File: 1484140716211.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1484140716211.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>this thread
>>
>>377346048
>The basic idea of vibrations making cutting easier is totally a thing though anon
Enlighten me how. There is also the whole deal about letting a bullet explode in the chamber of the revolver. Does he put malfunctioning bullets in there? And why does it make the blade vibrate and not just destroys the chamber itself?
>>
>>377346362
Why are you being so autistic?
>>
>First one I played
>Best one I played

Coincidence?
>>
>>377346405
>what are ultrasonic knives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK4hvcUxNFw
>>
>>377346450
not an argument
>>
>>377346362
>What does the revolver chamber do? The blade doesnt end in a barrel from which you could shoot with any accuracy or force at an enemy. What sense does it make to have a range weapon attached to your mélee weapon?
Confirmed retard who pays zero attention to the game. No wonder you have so much trouble navigating menus.
>>
>>377346541
didn't know those function by firing bullets
>>
>>377346405
It is like the idea of serration but on a much larger scale, That is why Hi-Frequency blades are a thing in a lot of science fiction, think closer to like, a turkey carver on a larger scale.

And they say the bullets are a weird blank designed specifically for gunblades, and if they can make floating buildings and airships I feel like they could figure out a way you know?

I am not disagreeing with you that much, I just think your suspension of disbelief is a little off
>>
File: 1487980774772.png (182KB, 461x424px) Image search: [Google]
1487980774772.png
182KB, 461x424px
>>377337925
I just wish it was popular enough to get an current gen remake like VII is getting.
Maybe in the future.
>>
>>377346614
>Arguing about a fictional weapon in a video game that is not based in reality in any way
>>
>>377345768
The idea is ok, I mean if you stab someone and then bust a little explosive it will certainly add some damage to the injury. In 8 the graphical limitations didn't allow for much, it was simply a way to try and make the combat a little more interactive by having you press a trigger. In Dissidia Squall uses the recoil of the blast for quick blade movements, in this one move for example he stabs you then uses the gun recoil to pull out the blade and stabs you again. Another move has him pull the trigger while the blade is behind his back to put oomph into a mighty full swing.
>>
>>377345513
Fire a gun. You'll know why.
>>
>>377345737
The basic loot you get after battles converts to almost any kind of magic you might need.
You're stupid.
>>
>>377346362
>to most people painstakingly checking what item converts to what to benefit what GF is obnoxious.
It's a jrpg. If you don't want to read through menus why are you playing it
>>
>>377346821
>There are still people to this day who think the gunblade is actually half gun
>>
>>377346541
>>377346780
Ah, alright. But can we atleast agree that making it a revolver is a bit dumb?

>>377346820
But that sounds even more retarded.
>>
>>377346362
Just a heads up anon because you didn't play the game, the gunblade doesn't shoot a projectile, the blanks it uses are specially made to make it vibrate and cut better A.K.A they wanted to make the main character be able to crit on command.
>>
File: FF8_Hyperion_Render.png (22KB, 438x633px) Image search: [Google]
FF8_Hyperion_Render.png
22KB, 438x633px
>>377346987
Oh for sure, that was rule of cool for sure. The revolver is better than the fucking GLOCK one that seifer had though... break your fucking wrist with that shit
>>
>You share a board with these mouth breathers
I have nothing other to say other than:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3vgl_JB0AM
>>
The Junction system did nothing wrong. It gave magic an additional purpose.

>people still go full chimp mode because they actually had to do something to make their characters strong
>>
>>377339895
Ocarina of Time fanboys use Egoraptor in a similar way.
>>
>>377347184
First time I saw this shit I thought it would just shoot the fucking blade out.
>>
>>377347346
I could get behind that to a crazy degree. That actually sounds like a better use for it.
>>
>>377347239
It was poorly balanced, that's all. The system itself was good.
>>
>>377346541
i think i've found my new fetish
but i wlways thought that the gun blade cut in to the target then fired a bullet into them?
>>
>>377345249
Your waifu looks like a manfu.
>>
>>377347463
Nope, fires blanks. Sorry anon
>>
>>377347450
There's nothing wrong with that, though. Anyone playing the game for the first time probably isn't going to be aiming to completely break it using the junction system, and will likely have sub-optimal set ups without needing to put too much thought into it. For people who know what they're doing they're able to bend the game over their knee. That's the best kind of system.
>>
>>377337925
Nah gears was way more ambitious and this garbage took up development time
>>
File: final fantasy 2.jpg (29KB, 380x261px) Image search: [Google]
final fantasy 2.jpg
29KB, 380x261px
>>377337925
>be the most ambitious... FF
>>
>>377347241
Ya but OoT was groundbreaking as fuck when it came out. people should forgive OoT for it's lackluster parts because the main chunk of it is incredible.
FFVIII has the problem of coming off as the followup to FFVII which it doesn't live up to it's predecessor. Does it live up to earlier games in the series. NOPE
>>
>>377347463
No the original models just popped the blast for ebic vibrations that would fuck shit up. I think the models in some new games like xiv might have a "gun mode" that shoot bullets? I'm not sure.
>>
>>377347628
FF2 would sadly never be appreciated and its greatest contribution was laying down the groundwork for Romancing SaGa series.
>>
>>377347628
Ff3 by light years
>>
>>377347573
Junction (current healing spell) to HP. Stay in yellow HP, which is now safe because you junctioned it to HP. Push triangle until limits come up.

For fuck's sake I figured this out by myself when I was 10. Stop pretending that the game being busted as fuck is a good thing.
>>
I just want to say Rinoa really sucks.
>>
>>377347573
I think I never had any problems with the Junction system and was actually taken a back by the negativity when I went online because I barely used spells as it was. Mainly Aura when I stocked on it and that was it.
>>
>>377347814
How is figuring out the mechanics and using them to your advantage a bad thing?
>>
>>377348101
Because if the game was actually good, using the mechanics to your advantage wouldn't bend the game over and fuck it in the ass with no effort.
>>
>>377347573
No it really was to easy to accidentally break the game with it. Most people either used the system and eliminated any challenge from the game or completely forgot it existed and didn't use it at all. I'm not criticizing the system itself I really liked it, just saying that it should have been better balanced.

Kinda wish we'd get a game where we'd mix some of the FF systems: materia, gf/junction, learning stuff from equipment and a sphere grid.
>>
File: art02.jpg?1414552449.jpg (269KB, 1200x839px) Image search: [Google]
art02.jpg?1414552449.jpg
269KB, 1200x839px
>>377346806
One day anon, one day.
>>
I wonder if rinoa ever got to wear squall's jacket on dates.
>>
>>377348357
oh my
>>
>>377348357
the one i really liked about eight was the architecture
>>
>>377348261
>>377348298
Doing a playthrough only drawing GFs and from visible draw points definitely makes it much more interesting. You don't have to break the game for yourself.
>>
File: tumblr_mlft11HXl91s72fxdo1_1280.jpg (310KB, 803x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlft11HXl91s72fxdo1_1280.jpg
310KB, 803x1500px
Post femSquall
>>
>>377346753
You didn't know they existed period. i'm not who you were arguing with in the first place.
>>
File: MichaelScott.png (120KB, 240x272px) Image search: [Google]
MichaelScott.png
120KB, 240x272px
>>377348357
>>
>>377348968
That looks terrible.

Like something from the nu-anime tales garbage.
>>
>>377346450
It takes autism to like a game like FF8.
>>377346654
Confirmed retard who didn't even bother to read my post to the end. Remove yourself from the gene pool.

>>377346952
Then why was the Materia system in FF7 so much more accesible and much more fu nto use?
>>377346992
2nd confirmed retard who didn't read the post to the end.

Come on guys, are you seriously trying to defend the gunblade? You're not even offering any arguments in defence of it. You're just taking the typical FF8 fanboy route of "it's awesome, it makes sense, I don't have to explain shit."
>>
>>377348934
I shouldn't have to limit myself to have fun with a game, especially not if it's not a fucking sandbox.
>>
>>377348357
That just plain looks worse than the original render.
>>
File: squallfem.jpg (117KB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
squallfem.jpg
117KB, 500x624px
>>377348968
>>
>>377349189
>Then why was the Materia system in FF7 so much more accesible and much more fu nto use?
Because it was far simpler.
>>
>>377349389
The gunblade's attempt at weathering ruins it
>>
all final fantasy games are pretty shit in retrospect
it's time to grow up guys
>>
File: 553.jpg (213KB, 551x826px) Image search: [Google]
553.jpg
213KB, 551x826px
>>377349389
>>
>>377349638
fuck off old man
>>
>>377349638
Nope. Can still play most of the first 5 just fine to this day.
>>
>>377348968
>femSquall

We got that, though.
>>
File: 1471599922626.png (3MB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1471599922626.png
3MB, 1280x1920px
>>
>>377344492
Maybe for you.
>>
>>377349765
no
just no
>>
>>377349684
>>
>>377349898
Queer.
>>
>>377350250
>>
/v/ is an unfriendly, introverted guy.
>>
It has the greatest ending theme out of any Final Fantasy game, and the greatest soundtrack of any video game.

https://youtu.be/apkmP5LahPE
>>
File: 1494007519386.jpg (132KB, 960x576px) Image search: [Google]
1494007519386.jpg
132KB, 960x576px
>>377337925

This is not a thing, most people have no idea what the hell you are referring to. People came to dislike Final Fantasy 8 on their own terms both when it came out and since then.
>>
There has been 7 other mainline final fantasies since and you are still hurt, uncapable of letting go.
>>
File: Rinoa's ascent.jpg (70KB, 824x979px) Image search: [Google]
Rinoa's ascent.jpg
70KB, 824x979px
>>
File: Amaterasu tires of your shit.jpg (63KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
Amaterasu tires of your shit.jpg
63KB, 320x480px
>>377352327
>uncapable
>>
File: PS1 Heroines.png (206KB, 509x540px) Image search: [Google]
PS1 Heroines.png
206KB, 509x540px
It was fun.

But fuck it for deciding one day to just have its data erase itself from my memory card.
>>
>play the FFVIII demo that came with Brave Fencer
>press R1 when slashing an enemy for extra damage
>HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME
>full game comes out
>immediately sick of the mechanic

Still a great game, though
>>
>all this FF9 hate
Y'all got some seriously shit taste.
>>
>>377354071
BFM was the better game even though the 3D Ys games did 90% of what it did better
>>
By far the best ff8 game and the only ff game where the story ties up all the loose ends. Great ending too. And great hidden lore like the giant tv warning from the evil sorceress and seifers connection to Laguna
>>
>>377354480

That's splitting hairs since Square was making gold back then
>>
File: Steiner and Beatrix.jpg (252KB, 1500x1215px) Image search: [Google]
Steiner and Beatrix.jpg
252KB, 1500x1215px
>>377354441
Just ignore them.
>>
>>377342620
not even that guy but you have shit taste, you didn't even post one of the good FF8 tracks

8 is still the 2nd best soundtrack so don't feel too bad
>>
>>377354441

It's a boring game when it comes down to it. Too many throwbacks so it never really feels like much of an original experience

Still better than anything Square has put out in the last 10 years
>>
>>377355190
Not really, I only liked about a fourth of their PS1 catalogue.
>>
>>377355654

For a while they made stuff I always wanted to play

>FFVII
>Tactics
>Parasite Eve
>FFVIII
>Brave Fencer
>Bushido Blade 1&2
>Front Mission 3
>FFIX
>>
>>377352763
Nice okami pic, sure showed me
>>
>>377355917
>the contents of the picture devalue the argument made towards somebody's shit grammar

Wow, son.
>>
>>377355804
I only care about like, four of those games.
>>
>>377355804

I never knew Bushido Blade was Square. I fucking loved picking the black afro guy in part 2
>>
FF8 was good but it all goes to shit the second Rinoa and Squall become an item.
>>
Say what you will, but VIII had some of the best "intense" gauntlet music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvV7IUNra3k
>>
>>377356631

The whole soundtrack is amazing. Fisherman's Horizon is probably one of the greatest songs I've heard in a video game
>>
>>377356564
Eh, that shit was cute, but shouldn't have taken the entire focus is what killed it.

Also, the amnesia shit should have been a key part in the ending. Maybe if you abused the things too much in the game, you could get a really fucked up one where they forget stuff and get flung across time. I know something like that kind of happens and we get the whole faceless Squall bit, but that GF stuff pretty much got forgotten by its own plot.
>>
>>377337925
The fantasy that solidified Nomura's rule over all future FF's. Not just the FF7 fans fault though since it was Square that decided to pander to them.
>>
>>377356905
Hardly that bad when we saw what happens when they Toriyama's ass THREE times.
>>
>>377357016
Square continues to make weird ass decisions.
>>
>>377356631
You are not wrong, holy shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwEpsHoe2hg
>>
>>377357086
At least nothing as bad as Konami's "fuck it, everything gets Pachinkonized!" solution for chasing away all of their talent.
>>
>>377344353
junctioning is fine, just increase the difficulty proportional to your stats rather than your level :^)
ff8s main flaw is that it wasn't difficult enough at any point outside of omega, and even holy wars solved that shit
make everything wreck your shit to some degree so you're forced to spend magic to heal etc in dungeons and not hoard it forever, stats decrease as you spend anything you have junctioned increasing difficulty further
>>
>>377347450
Just like Materia, then? Materia is a broken mess of a system but for some reason people always praise it when really there are only a few good pieces of Materia and having your magic options be limited by your equipment slots / Materia level is just as dumb as having to draw / create magic spells.

It also ends up being just as broken. Mega-All, Double Cut, Quadra Magic, etc...
>>
Don't tell me you didn't thought that this was the hypest shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcJa5AOMoG0
>>
>>377337925
It's hated for many fucking reasons. It's one of my least favorite FFs and I don't even know this web reviewer you're even talking about. You are too stupid to be making threads, anon.
>>
>>377339498
Tifa is totally legit, what are you talking about? Has a heartfelt lifelong crush on Cloud, and yet isn't a nagging weakling, she's a badass bitch.
>>
>>377337925
the OST is pretty standard midi, dont really see the love. those backrounds and monster models were a huge leap above FF7 though and are almost good enough to distract from the lamest battle system ever
>>
>>377349189
>Then why was the Materia system in FF7 so much more accesible and much more fu nto use?
It wasn't, you could do your same autistic rant about OMG EXCEL HOW I KNOW WHICH MATERIA CAN LINK WITH OTHER MATERIA AND ACTUALLY WORK CAUSE SOME DONT FUCK SAKE MENUS I DONT WANT TO MENU about the materia system as you just did with refining magic

Christ almighty.
Menuing is fun, if you don't like it play not jrpgs buddy.
>>
>>377357716
all the materia you mentioned is comparatively late-game. it's a big reward for getting so far in the story and doing sidequests.

Also, that shit is still not nearly as broken as the junction system. People who defend the junction system just don't understand how broken it is, that's a fact.
>>
>>377337925
vidya generals are not here op
>>
>>377357720
Dude, the FF8 demo disk that came with Brave Fencer Musashi was my fucking life back as a kid. I must've played that dollet mission 50+ times. Coming off FF7, FF8 looked so lifelike it was unreal. I've never known hype like that before, I couldn't wait to rent it from Blockbuster.
>>
File: IHateThisMinigame.jpg (265KB, 500x668px) Image search: [Google]
IHateThisMinigame.jpg
265KB, 500x668px
>>377337925
FF8 was disliked even before some nobody reviewed it.
>>
File: Garnet dressed as Zidane.jpg (209KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Garnet dressed as Zidane.jpg
209KB, 800x900px
>>377358673
Honestly I never bothered with the card games in 8 or 9 that much. They seemed fun, but hardly worth the time.

Still enjoyed both, though if I ever return to either one, I'd probably give the cards another shot.
>>
>>377358847
I tried 8's card game.

Got wrecked badly so I never tried it again after a few reloads

9's card game I liked for some reason.
>>
>>377358847
They added triple triad into ffxiv, and a few other things. I know there's an app for it too. It's surprisingly fun to play, and the different variations (e.g. Random, Plus, etc.) keep it interesting
>>
File: Garnet and Edea butt buddies.png (837KB, 989x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Garnet and Edea butt buddies.png
837KB, 989x1040px
>>377358916
I just kind pissed around with 9's card game. I sort of knew the rules, but never got involved enough to get anywhere serious. Lords know I probably missed some decent shit not doing it more.
>>
>>377346405

It's magic. No joke.
>>
File: Nurse Kallen.png (391KB, 930x1121px) Image search: [Google]
Nurse Kallen.png
391KB, 930x1121px
>>377347410
What about a gun that shoots chainsaws that shoots another gun that shoots knives?
>>
>>377355506
FFIX feels like a classic 90s era anime to me. That alone is enough to sell me on it tbqh

Also it gave me an inexplicable feeling of nostalgia despite the fact that I was only _9 years old when I first played it.
>>
>>377358847
>>377358916
>>377359272
FFIX's card game is horrendous. Nowhere in the entire game do they even explain the full ruleset to you. It's a game where the strongest card in the game has a chance to lose to the weakest, purely due to RNG. It's horseshit.
>>
>>377359662
It has nothing to do with RNG, but it is true that they don't explain shit about the rules.
>>
>>377358110
>He doesn't know about All level abuse as early as Fort Condor before Junion for the first time
>Enemy Skill is the most pants on head retarded thing in any FF game, totally abusable from the moment you leave Midgar
>>
File: Zidane and friends.jpg (351KB, 700x576px) Image search: [Google]
Zidane and friends.jpg
351KB, 700x576px
>>377359949
You'd think that would have been something they could have added for the Steam release. Hell, all it would have to do is just have an NPC ask if you want the rules explained and give them in detail, easy as that.
>>
>>377355804
>No Vagrant Story
>No Chrono Cross
>No Einhander
>>
>>377360363
Enemy Skill is less broken than junctions, FF2 Toad, FFV Mix, and FFX Mix.

Not that that's saying much, it's still one of the most overpowered mechanics in any FF and one of the most easily accessed. But it's definitely not the worst.
>>
>>377339498
damn that picture took me on a quest.

when will a final fantasy game give us thicc sporty women?
>>
File: Steambot Chronicles PS2 cover.jpg (234KB, 640x910px) Image search: [Google]
Steambot Chronicles PS2 cover.jpg
234KB, 640x910px
>>377360363
>Fort Condor

Shit, now I feel dumb for not realizing that was probably the inspiration for the name of Alcazar de Condor in Steambot Chronicles.
>>
>>377359949
There actually is a pretty hefty RNG element to it. Basically, there is a maximum amount of attack a card can have, but the minimum is always 0. Every time you have two cards duke it out, both cards roll between 0 and their max attack/defense value for that particular fight. Your strongest card has a chance of rolling 0, meaning it can lose to even the weakest card.

It's the stupidest shit, and it makes you seriously wonder how people even play it in-universe, considering nobody in-universe even seems to know all the rules.
>>
File: Yami Yugi gotcha.jpg (24KB, 395x296px) Image search: [Google]
Yami Yugi gotcha.jpg
24KB, 395x296px
>>377361010
>>377361010
>considering nobody in-universe even seems to know all the rules.

Shame you can't bullshit your way to victory in games like they do in anime.
>>
>>377360363
>>377360638
I am not aware of this. What's Enemy Skill good for?
>>
>>377361574
Dominating Discs 1 and 2 and all but the Northern Crater and optional sidebosses in 3.
>>
>>377361574
literally everything
high damage with efficient cost, great healing and buffs, having status and instant kill attacks
and most importantly, having all of this on a single piece of materia
>>
>>377361010
Wow, I knew about the hex values and whatnot, but I always thought the number of arrows on the side of a card played a part, didn't know it's just a straight up roll.
>>
FF8 has great atmosphere, music and aesthetics, but a shit magic and levelling system and a uninteresting love interest. (Rinoa)
This has probably already been said, but I don't feel like scrolling through this thread.
>>
>>377342161
>not ramza
>>
>>377337925
>everyone LOVED my favorite game before [insert e-celeb here] reviewed it!

This has literally never been true, in any instance, ever. Enough with your delusion.
>>
>>377337925
what's it like being a fan of the 2nd worst final fantasy?
>>
File: 1452532141906.gif (2MB, 270x138px) Image search: [Google]
1452532141906.gif
2MB, 270x138px
>>377338314
Honestly hate to say it but I feel the same.

I played the Pizza Hut demo before ever playing the game, and in it Rinoa is a mute who occasionally reacts and laughs at the situation.

Kinda dug it until I found out it she was just a placeholder for the demo and in the full game never stops messing shit up.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 200x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 200x295px
>>377337925
>mfw people call Squall emo

He's a detached professional who doesn't let his emotions get in the way.

I can't forgive him for not fucking Quistis though.
>>
>>377362507
I dunno, ask FFIV fans.
>>
File: 2629461-3816462076-PNBA4.jpg (59KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
2629461-3816462076-PNBA4.jpg
59KB, 480x480px
How good is the PC port?
>>
reminder that the best FF game is the one you played first
>>
>>377363103
Midi/10
>>
>>377363023
hard to believe there's anyone this delusional
what's it like being underage?
>>
File: 1459426944632.jpg (9KB, 229x250px) Image search: [Google]
1459426944632.jpg
9KB, 229x250px
>>377363272
But my first FF was Mystic Quest.
I still think it's pretty good.
>>
>>377363272
FF1 was good but definitely not the best
>>
>>377337925
>be the most ambitious and coolest FF
LOL, please kill yourself
>>
>>377363272
Wrong, that's actually one of my least favorites.
>>
>>377342927
>Zell was a wanna be mma guy obsessed with hot dogs
>Selphie was an attention whore
>Quistis was a reject of a teacher
>Rinoa just existed
>Irvine kept thinking with his pants

Did I miss anything?
>>
>>377363605
Zell was a chicken-wuss
>>
>>377338984
>the dumb ass flashbacks with those forgettable fucks
You fucking take that back
>>
File: good luck seifer.webm (908KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
good luck seifer.webm
908KB, 480x360px
>>377363605
Seifer was a chunni wannabe knight with a superiority complex.
>>
>>377363750
I quit that lame ass game when I found out they were all from the same orphanage and the evil queen bitch was their nanny or whatever.
>>
File: Quistis.jpg (141KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
Quistis.jpg
141KB, 640x448px
>>377363605
>Irvine kept thinking with his pants
When you got hot pieces of ass like Quistis and Selphie around you, kind of hard to not think with your dick.
>>
>>377363867
Nobody cares about Seifer though
>>
>>377363004
Squall is insecure about losses and relied on the professional mercenary image so people won't get close to him.
>>
>>377363867
Kek
>>
>>377363272
Nah, not true. The best FF game is the one I completed first
>>
>>377363272
>First FF was 9
>Favorite is 5
>>
>>377344304

I don't quite get why these translation issues matter, though.

Sure, I can accept that Squall is a different guy in Japanese. But I don't play video games with an eye to understanding what the definitive version of a character might be in the original language. The experience I get is the form that is released and sold to me.
>>
>>377339905
You never talked to many girls did you?

Protip: Real girls don't act like the MPDGs in your chinese cartoons and video games.
>>
>>377343996
You forgot 6 where Terra was THE mopiest character probably in the history of the franchise.
>>
>>377339498
Tifa is more like Quistis, a clingy doormat with only her looks going for her except Tifa succeeds in getting the MC's dick while Quistis will die alone.
>>
>>377343996
Really? I don't remember Zidane or Tidus ever being mopey. Sure they whined quite a bit, but I never saw them acting even a fraction as dour as Cloud, Squall or Terra.
>>
>>377368092
>while Quistis will die alone
What a goddamn shame, you know that? I would keep that woman
>>
>hours of sweet music and cinematics
>not gameplay though
>>
Now that I've got a full time, and have only played 7 and 4, I can't imagine taking on one of these games.
>>
>>377368230
Squall will forever be a faggot for choosing sloppy seconds Rinoa over pure Quistis.
>>
File: 1140045290719.jpg (69KB, 702x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1140045290719.jpg
69KB, 702x1000px
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the best girl yet?
>>
>>377337925
Fuck Spoony and that review OP. Anyone who draws magic in battle instead of refining it is a retard
>>
>>377363272
The unfair factor isn't "the first you played" but it's "the one you played while you were in your most influential teen years.

FFX wasn't my first, but it certainly is a best.
>>
File: ice cave.png (26KB, 704x1152px) Image search: [Google]
ice cave.png
26KB, 704x1152px
>>377363272
hmmm
>>
>>377368795
...SHIT!!!
>>
>>377368795
AUTISM.
>>
>>377368450
Quistis needed a man who could give her the right kind of dicking and the right kind of lovin. Squall wasn't interested in that, apparently
>>
>forget to Draw big fat monster thing in seed basement
>can never again get a Leviathan GF unless I replay the game to that point since saved over without knowing
I strongly dislike the Draw system to this day for that alone desu
>>
>>377369475
You can get all of them in Disc 4 desu
>>
>>377369539
bullshit
>>
>>377357853
>lifelong friend
>badass bitch

She is neither of those she only started caring about Cloud after he left and only started having feelings for him due to trauma caused by the Nibelheim indecent. Also she is the most soft spoken of the group bar Red and Vincent who are just quiet introverts.
>>
>>377369405
Exactly why he's a faggot.
>>
>>377369586
Not him, but I call bullshit as well
>>
>>377369586
all the bosses in Ultimecia's castle have GFs attached if you missed them, Leviathan can be drawn from Trauma
>>
>>377337925
>level scaling

No fuck off
>>
>>377341882
Gambits were still a great idea. Fuck the haters.
>>
I swear to fuck the first time I played FFVIII I could name all the characters myself
mostly because I named the blonde friend dude guy after one of my childhood friends, and that I felt like I named selphie something else too
like I swear I saw the name thumbnails thing at the name screen and everything
but apparently you can never name anyone but squall/rinoa
drives me up a fucking wall
>>
>>377343883
I know that feel.
>>
>>377343996
bitch in case you're too stupid to understand even after playing 1 ff game, ALL final fantasy (post 7 at least) is about edgy teenager boys going thru their puberty.
>>
>>377343996
>>Never mind that every FF protag since 7 has been a mopey piece of shit for a significant portion of their game.

Zidane was upbeat as fuck, though. He only goes into angst mode for 5 minutes when he finds out the truth about himself, and everyone comes to snap him out of it quick anyway. Tidus never really moped, and was usually the one motivating everyone else in X.
>>
>>377337925
It was shit before Spoony
It's still shit after spoony
>>
File: Yuna getting fucked in the ass.jpg (83KB, 610x801px) Image search: [Google]
Yuna getting fucked in the ass.jpg
83KB, 610x801px
>>377371332
>Tidus never really moped
He bitched a fair bit about his daddy, the crybaby.
>>
>>377361010
>considering nobody in-universe even seems to know all the rules.

Don't they change from region to region? Or am I thinking of VIII?
>>
>>377370970
What? You pick everyone's names after their intro FMV.
>>
>>377372263
I swear to fuck every time past my initial playthrough I was never given the option to name anyone but squall/rinoa
>>
>>377372263
No you don't. I distinctly remember not being able to name anyone except Squall, Rinoa and the GFs.
>>
File: 1297789740133.gif (4KB, 406x342px) Image search: [Google]
1297789740133.gif
4KB, 406x342px
>>377372479
>>377372540
>Just checked
>You're right
What the fuck, man.
>>
>>377373203
what game were you playing this whole time?
>>
>>377373203
MANDELA
A
N
D
E
L
A
>>
>>377337925
>>377343968
>>377370104

Want to get stronger? Better avoid actual combat as much as possible and dick around playing card games.
>>
File: FF9 party.jpg (526KB, 1200x927px) Image search: [Google]
FF9 party.jpg
526KB, 1200x927px
>>377373310
Might have been 9, as that one allowed you to rename all of the party.
>>
File: 1337493123738.png (64KB, 1313x226px) Image search: [Google]
1337493123738.png
64KB, 1313x226px
>>
File: 1325211528172.jpg (178KB, 1003x748px) Image search: [Google]
1325211528172.jpg
178KB, 1003x748px
>>377374752
>>
File: 1337495799624.jpg (840KB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
1337495799624.jpg
840KB, 800x580px
>>377374825
>>
>>377374752
>They want a girl that chases him

Girls like that don't exist in real life. Anyway Squall is the best character in the game, it's everyone else that's terrible.
>>
File: FF8 beatdown.gif (99KB, 285x212px) Image search: [Google]
FF8 beatdown.gif
99KB, 285x212px
>>
File: 1337495868256.jpg (732KB, 800x561px) Image search: [Google]
1337495868256.jpg
732KB, 800x561px
>>377374909
>>
>>377373756
>Freya holding the sword that murdered half of her race
It's fumny because her theme is about being forgotten.
>>
>>377374825
So not only is she a spoiled brat who acts half her age she's also a walking plot device, was this supposed to make me alike her?
>>
~2 hours into ff12 and i wanna fuck this bunny girl already
>>
>>377337925
People bitched about the junction system when the game came out. It didn't take until 2008.
>>377338459
>with actual depth
>"..."
>"...Whatever."
>>
>>377375103
The team behind FF12 had some great taste.
>>
>>377374920
They've all been brainwashed that guys are spose to chase them, so when one doesn't, she loses interest and moves on. It's kinda sad. Because of the fact they don't want to put any effort into a relationship, they often end up in a destructive (or self destructive) relationship which most of the time is spent in anger, unhappiness, or fear.

Oh well! Vidya gaems ho!
>>
>>377375103
It took you that long?
>>
>>377364121
>Squall could have had Quistis
>Wanted to be sad in his room instead.
Why was Squall such a huge faggot?
>>
>>377375289
>That fucking nano-micro-mini skirt
So many wet dreams
>>
>>377375390
WE ALL WONDER THIS ANON
WE ALL WONDER THIS

I would like to think a lot of us would jump on the chance to get with a woman like Quistis
>>
File: Ashe, Penelo, Fran's butts.jpg (253KB, 1142x719px) Image search: [Google]
Ashe, Penelo, Fran's butts.jpg
253KB, 1142x719px
>>377375409
>>
File: Selphie gets pinned.png (229KB, 758x934px) Image search: [Google]
Selphie gets pinned.png
229KB, 758x934px
>>377375507
Her or Selphie. Rinoa would only be for a hump and dump, just as she did with Seifer.
>>
>>377375103
"Already?" Should have wanted it the second you saw her.
>>
>>377375352
>>377375673
I-i did exploration and sidequest first efore i even touch the main quest. I was lvl 20s before i started going to the lowtown or wahtever its name is
>>
>>377375659
Ugh it's hard to choose between Quistis and Selfie.

Selfie for a quickie, Quistis for long term, I think
>>
>>377375673
Maybe it took him 2 hours to finally see her in the game? Though I find that hard to believe given the plot kicks in pretty damn quickly.
>>
File: Fran, Penelo, and Ashe's asses.jpg (138KB, 1028x431px) Image search: [Google]
Fran, Penelo, and Ashe's asses.jpg
138KB, 1028x431px
>>377375553
>>
Fuck now I want to play FF12 again.
>>
>>377375915
>>377375553
>>377375289
It's just a piece of fabric around her waist to cover her ass

that's it

goddamnit I love it
>>
>>377375963
good good join me anon, i'm on pilgrimage, already going through 10 and 13, 12 i had to download pcsx
>>
File: Penelo behind.jpg (138KB, 804x394px) Image search: [Google]
Penelo behind.jpg
138KB, 804x394px
>>377376010
Don't forget Penelo is pretty much wearing fucking lingerie under a combat negligee. And of course Fran has what appears to be a thong made of iron.
>>
>>377375963
I might just do that as well.

>>377376219
The wings were such a nice touch.
>>
File: Fran's ass.gif (2MB, 260x180px) Image search: [Google]
Fran's ass.gif
2MB, 260x180px
>>
>>377374825
She literally lost interest and friend-zoned him, but showed up to the Ball to have Seifer talk to Cid with her. She didn't even know he was going to be there, because she didn't know he failed the test. She got the help anyway, whether it's because her letter was convincing, or, like Cid training their foster kids to kill their mom, thought Rinoa rebelling against her Father had a special sentiment about it.

She was stupid but she had big balls and stayed around to fight anyway (and asked for permission to do so first). Beta Males don't like girls like Rinoa because girls like her choose instead of waiting to be chosen. She had more plans to change the world than many PS1/2 era FF Heroines, and when she didn't have group support, did it herself anyway.

Selphie was fine but a trope
Quistis was hot but vanilla once Squall rejected her (oh cool the "know it all" who thinks she tooootally gets you)
Edea is Queen.
>>
File: 37 - uNKu3vy.gif (447KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
37 - uNKu3vy.gif
447KB, 480x352px
>>377363867
btfo
>>
>>377376473
the women from FF12 are the pinnacle of final fantasy women
>>
Oh its on pc ive never played a FF game, should I give it a whirl?
>>
>>377337925
i really want to play through this game again. i feel shitty that i dont remember a whole lot of it though
>>
>>377377758
as long as you mod the music since they never fixed it
>>
File: 1365381452006.jpg (48KB, 601x607px) Image search: [Google]
1365381452006.jpg
48KB, 601x607px
>>377363867
nuts quistis leave that poor boy alone
>>
>>377344401
>nonexistent localization compared to FF9.

?
>>
File: Alexandrian soldiers.jpg (85KB, 850x672px) Image search: [Google]
Alexandrian soldiers.jpg
85KB, 850x672px
>>377376882
A lot of the girls in FF are great, even the NPCs.
>>
>>377376882
Even from a graphical standpoint XII is a beast. It managed to hit that sweet spot of late ps2 polish before games started getting marred in hd development of the later gens.
>>
>>377343883
smrpg and ff8 were my first two rpgs in that order.

i grew up thinking all rpgs had that mechanic lul
>>
>>377377850
Seifer was a nutcase. Fucking nearly carved another student's face off.
>>
>>377376882
ara
>>
Dat theme when you first get to ultimecias castle tho
>>
>>377376485
>Beta Males don't like girls like Rinoa because girls like her choose instead of waiting to be chosen.

Beta Males want girls like that BECAUSE they are too beta to ask a girl out. The only problem is that girls like Rinoa don't exist in real life.
>>
>>377380207

Is that bitch wearing a george foreman grill on her face
>>
>>377381384
It's a muzzle.
>>
WHATEVER
>>
whatever
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.