[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Phatom dust >Favorite game from xbox original >Sequel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: phantom_dust_logo.0.0.jpg (109KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
phantom_dust_logo.0.0.jpg
109KB, 1600x900px
>Phatom dust
>Favorite game from xbox original
>Sequel announced
>Hear nothing about it for over a year
>Eventually leaked footage comes out, it looks like garbage.
>Shit canned
>HD rerelease instead
>On pc too. For free.
>Hype
>Releases. Only for windows 10
>Don't own the dudebro station, don't want to update to a shittier OS.

I'm beginning to consider buying a console for a free fucking game. Being a PD fan is suffering.
>>
>>377336394
I'm right there with you

I've heard fuck all about how good it is, too
>>
>>377336394
>I'm beginning to consider buying a console for a free fucking game. Being a PD fan is suffering.

Damn dude.
>>
>>377336394
Xbone is not that bad. For sure it's better than Win10.
You can also buy Forza, EA Access (FIFA, Mass Effect...) and some X360 games.
Just remember to buy one year of Xbox Live when it's on sale. It costs 40 bucks.
>>
>shittier OS
It runs better on old hardware than W7 does
It does literally everything better than W7 does
Spyware is the only problem but if you really cared about that you would be running Linux
>>
>>377336394
Don't forget
>microtransactions that were never part of the original game
because it's being released for ***free***
>>
>>377336463
It's the original game, just with higher resolutions and crap. But the original game was a flawed gem, amazing in many ways and unlike anything else that has ever come out. So its worth playing.

I just hope they fixed the way they formatted the screen on local multiplayer. For some assbackwards reason they formatted it side by side in the original, which meant the screen was half filled with black bars, pushing the actual display down to the size of a postage stamp.

>>377336493
Hey man, I spent an inordinate amount of time and effort getting it to run on the xbox 360 and hacking saves to get all the abilities, including the ones you could only get online. This is probably my favorite game and has remained that way for years. Nothing else quite compares.

>>377336764
Yeah, its the only one I don't have yet of the current consoles. But there's little on it that is exclusive that I actually give a damn about.

>>377336995
I've heard nothing but bad things about win 10. Win 7 is garbage but at least now I've gotten it to work the way I want through extensive fucking around.
>>
>>377336394
is there no way for modders to make it run on windows 7?
>>
>>377337162
Shit, really? What the fuck are they charging for? Is it just shit like buying skills early?
>>
>>377337234
I completely understand why you'd drop Xbone when you are an idort.
Still, it has its merits. Exclusives are not one of them which makes it fairly shit for idorts.

In such case... consider dualbooting win10 and your OS.
>>
>>377337234
You should read more about W10 then, all of the bad things you heard about all have to do with Windows automatically updating because your average end user are retards who would fall for pic related
When it comes to OS features there's been lots of praise
What kind of stuff do you have to fuck around with in W7? Some stuff might already be implemented by default in W10.
>>
>>377336394
PS4 is the dude bro console this time.
>>
>>377336394
very fun game. though it doesnt feel like i can really bait out openings but maybe just cause i dont have enough cards yet. And DESU the card system works to the games detriment, its fun, but it sucks having to always camp around your card spawn area. id like to see something like this mixed with gw1s skill system. overall im enjoying it though
>>
>>377337729
Really? They both have a lot of the same games, but of their exclusives, the ps4's seem a lot less dude bro ish.

Bloodborne vs Rome or Gears of war I mean.
>>
>>377338065
/v/'s mad that the PS4 is selling well so they're going out of their way to call it the dudebro console every time you even insinuate that dudebros would like the Xbone, despite the PS4 having a robust selection of weeb games and Vita ports while the Xbone has none of that.
>>
>>377338283
huh. Thats a weird gambit; Xbox, from original to One have always aimed at the american dudebro audience and sony has always been a heavily weeb console because they're aiming to appeal to their local demographics.

I can't think of a fun, weird japanese game on a xbox console since xbox original with PD, pazer dragoon and...god what was the name of that one...game where you shot alien bugs as a weird anime lady. Talking woman's head in a jar...had a weird control scheme with restricted camera movement.
>>
>>377336394
You're missing an N anon.

Also, is drawfriend still here? Did you finish the drawing? Where are you going to post it if this thread dies?
>>
>>377337162
You can literally unlock all the content by the same means as the previous game. Those 'Microtransactions' are like DLC for lazy autists.
>>
>>377336394
What OS are you currently on? Windows 10 has been the best since 7, and 7 is way too fucking out of date and has almost zero reason to stay on it.
>>
Just upgrade and download ShutUp10 you dingus
>>
>>377337680
>Spreading lies.
Even with auto update on, microsoft only patched the "security flaw" w10 about 5 months after they patched the win7 flaw.
Thats because it wasnt a security flaw, it was an intentional backdoor for them to snoop around which ended up leaking, and they didnt want to close it.
>>
>>377336394
>>377336463

>being a PD fan

>Not having an Xbox
>>
Just dual boot w10 ya dunce. Play the game till you get bored then purge the shitty os.
>>
>>377339819
[citation needed]
>>
>>377339904
I have an xbox original and 360. But One has no games that interest me. Till now at least.
>>
>>377339904
I thought it was vaporware. I had an OG Xbox and a 360. Going PC/PS4 just made more sense this time around.

It doesn't help that they dumped this with no hype literally a couple days ago, I am not going to buy a console just for an HD remaster
>>
The best part about the game is that literally nothing has been changed.
It's 100% the original source code, everything is exactly as it was, however, now we are running it on hardware that can make it's demands.
Signs that looked like blurry lines on OGXbox can now be READ.
The game automatically adapts to your screens resolution.
The only thing that is changed about the game is if you fail a mission a few times you can choose to skip it. (While still getting rewards)

Overall, I don't expect the online community to be super big, but being able to play this classic again brings joy to my heart.
>>
>>377339819
For the first paragraph, just check the /g/ guide for this virus. W7 updated past september 2016 are safe. W10 updated last march 2017 are safe.

For the second, check any fucking news site, it was a backdoor that microsoft and the nsa had access, but someone leaked it a few months ago.
>>
>>377340458
the original source code was trashed actually. They reverse engineered it to remaster it. ;^)

But yeah I played the shit out of this online back on OG XBAWKZ and the only thing it's missing to be a perfect remaster is being able to add music to be played in-game like you would have on the x-box's playlist or whatever it was. That was the shit.
>>
>>377340963
Does the remaster have the DLC update from the original? The one that just added a couple cards?
>>
>>377341230
>>377341230
No idea. I haven't had much time to play so I'm only in ch5 of story mode trying to collect all the cards from it again. I remember there being certain cards you could only attain through online matches (which I haven't played yet) if that's the DLC cards you're talking about. It's been so many years since I played this shit f.am. I don't even remember all the cards anymore to tell you if anything is missing.
>>
>>377336394
I love it but
>30fps
i mean come on
>>
>>377337234
Considering how much bigger TVs are now it shouldn't be a problem in multiplayer.

And it's weird how the cutscenes are just footage of the original so they look worse than the rest of the game.
>>
Please stop using non-free software (windows). It is harmful, malicious, and spys on you.

Say NO to non-free software!
>>
>>377336394
>I'm beginning to consider buying a console for a free fucking game.
Don't, it's the most toaster-friendly game of all time
If your rig can run W10, it can run PD
>>
>>377343187
>Say no to non-free software
Say no to an OS you can actually play games on, you mean.
>>
>>377336394
>I'm beginning to consider buying a console for a free fucking game. Being a PD fan is suffering.
You know what they say... A fool and his money are soon parted.
>>
>>377343404
>Game crash when I launch it
Sure anon.
>>
>>377336394
It's not win10 only it's windows Store only. Big difference.

And let's face it: xbox is Burger. Burger doesn't play Japanese games because they're all weird and creepy so from a business sense this franchise should have just stayed dead. No idea what MS was thinking.
>>
>>377343457
>Say no to an OS you can actually play games on, you mean.
So no to proprietary software, you mean.
>>
>>377341230
Didn't the DLC only add XBL skills? It's on the latest skill update for balance, so I'm sure the DLC skills are in.

>>377337234
>For some assbackwards reason they formatted it side by side in the original, which meant the screen was half filled with black bars
It was probably done to reduce rendering load. The game already slowed to a crawl for certain destructibles, in split screen you would have to render that from two different perspectives.

I have no clue if they'd even be able to fix it due to the lack of final source code.
>>
>>377343516
Works for me :^)
>>
>>377343479
>300 dollars
I make 120K working 6 months out of the year anon, its really not a big deal for me.

But I still don't want to do it.
>>
File: tmp_14486-gordongif237382170.gif (744KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_14486-gordongif237382170.gif
744KB, 480x360px
>>377337680
Well trying to explain to your average computer user to pirate Enterprise and configure group policies is a bridge too far I'm afraid.

Trust me I tried.
>>
>>377338283
Dudebro console? Pic related.
>>
i just upgraded 3 days ago for this game, so far so good. the only issue is i dont understand this ui, so weird how i have to search for things and uhh, apps.
>>
Be an Xbro pays off.
>>
>>377340963
That's right you're completely correct
They did have to reverse-engineer the source code my bad
And yes the ability to add music you had on your Xbox to level playlists was amazing
If you had a custom song setup like that and hosted a game online would all players hear the music you had?
>>
>>377343539
>Burger doesn't play Japanese games because they're all weird and creepy
Metal Wolf Chaos is none of these things.
>>
File: tmp_14486-logo425175921.png (35KB, 1016x191px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_14486-logo425175921.png
35KB, 1016x191px
>>377343187
I pirate my software Stahlman. Best of both worlds.
>>
>>377343539
>this franchise should have just stayed dead.
No
>>
>>377344536
Never heard of this. Inform me anon.
>>
>>377344536
>he doesn't care about his freedom so long as he doesn't pay for software
Stallman would pity you
>>
>>377336394
Xbone S is like $250. Xbox Gold is free for everyone this weekend too.
Get one and enjoy Phantom Dust before the online population inevitably declines
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.