[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's something magical about games like this. Like you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 1490856724693.jpg (527KB, 1204x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1490856724693.jpg
527KB, 1204x1500px
There's something magical about games like this.

Like you have to put up with your digimon being rebelious little shits and basically disobeying you until you unlock a certain facility that allows you to block evolution paths and basically force them to slowly evolve into big breasted bimbos.

It even becomes fun to pick the right food for them so they keep the ideal body weight and praising them to be your good girls while they happily jump up and down everytime they see you.

Unfortunately you can play a game only so much before you've seen everything in it. Are there any more monster raising games where you can make monsters submit to you and force your will onto them?
>>
>>377294720

Play the superior pokemon games faglord
>>
>>377295110
But that's not really a monster raising game. It's more like a JRPG where you can build your own party.
>>
The original Digimon World
>>
>>377296814
I thought that was a given since this is a direct sequel. I want more though.
>>
>>377297469

The only thing I can think of is the excellent monster rancher series.
>>
Guess threads like this can't survive without lewd pictures.
>>
>>377294720

I dropped Cyber Sleuth for being repetitive and having an uninteresting story and thoughtless battle mechanics ("Press X to Winrar"). Should I give this a go? Why would I like it better if I didn't enjoy Cyber Sleuth past the 10-20 hour mark.
>>
>>377299617
If repetetive stuff is turning you off then this game is most definetly not for you. Your digimon die and you'll have to retrain them a bunch of time, there's also alot of backtracking.
>>
>>377297592
To be specific on this Anon's suggestion, if you have a PS1 laying around and have a lot of CDs, then play MR2, its a realllllyyy deep monster raiser which IMO aged well.

If not, emulating is fun too but takes away some of the CD monster generation experience.
>>
>>377294720
The main character looks like shit. But all the supporting characters are pretty cute.
>>
Needs sequel or another game in the same universe.

I want more Mameo!
>>
File: 1466096019908.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466096019908.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>377302356
FemMc is cute though
>>
>>377299861

if you happen to have a 3/ds monster rancher DS was pretty good too.
>>
File: 1288830046150.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1288830046150.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>Adored the first Digimon World game, replay it yearly
>Have many fond memories with it, love the world setting
>Next Order comes out
>Loses a fuckload of charm but still adore it nevertheless
>It's received poorly just like DW1 was
>Has more than likely cemented another game like this will never be made again
>>
>>377302891
Bandai had a viral marketing campaign which was basically about holding future Digimon games hostage unless people bought Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. There was a bunch of bullshit about it being localized with love. The result was machine translation and all of the Japanese occult references in tact, nobody even bothered buying Next Order.
>>
>>377302891
>shoehorned 2 digimon onto you rather than letting you raise 1 and only 1 at a time

it's shit. i literally dropped it halfway in and went back to play through the original all over again.

no idea why they made such a dumb as fuck change to what would have been a good successor.
>>
>>377302891
Who knows, Next Order was probably dirt cheap to make since the just used Cyber Sleuth's models and assets.
I hope they make a new one with some real polish to it.
>>
>>377303535
I'd love to see them use a different engine though. The games look like PS2 titles without even memeing.
>>
>>377303821
That's what kills Next Order for me. Digimon World had some real atmosphere with its locations and music. Next Order just seems too open and bland. Keep in mind I'm not too far into it yet though so maybe later areas will be better.
>>
>>377304220
Most areas are open and somewhat empty. I think it's because it's primarely a vita title and big open areas were probably not easy to do. I think I just got used to it after a while. Some areas like the entrance of logic volcano look actually kinda interesting though.
>>
>>377303490

This

Its digimon partner, not digimon partnerS
>>
>>377303490
>>377304457
What's the problem with having 2 partners?
>>
>>377304353
Yeah I just got to Logic Volcano and it is a step up from from what I've seen. Too bad I couldn't get too far into it after a group of Meramon raped my Digimon thanks to element and type advantages. I'll have to raise up some water Digimon to get further.
>>
>>377304486
You have to deal with them Digivolving at different times, feeding two Digimon, worrying about leveling different stats for them, learning different moves for them, getting to play nice, etc. It's a mess.
>>
>>377302891
>no english version for the Vita
>it is later discovered that the english script was in the game and 100%(minus grammar check) done
>Bandai just didn't feel like releasing it
>PS4 gets a localization and enhanced port 2 years after release
Yeah, fuck 'em.
>>
>>377304486
It's probably just an early game problem where you end up with partners at different levels because you didn't train one properly. My first Partner digivolved into Lilymon while my other died at the champion level. Makes exploring harder but they balanced out after another generation. The training boost really does help alot too.
>>
>>377304740
>You have to deal with them Digivolving at different times
Which gives you actually boni for training the other one by increasing his stat gain.
>feeding two Digimon
How's that a problem? Once you start upgrading your farm you'll get 40 meat per day.
>worrying about leveling different stats for them
As I said, it's actually beneficial for you since the younger digimon gets a boost in stat gain from training.
>learning different moves for them
You learn skills when they're used against you and there's perk that speeds up the learning of moves. They also always start out with a skill so you'll never have to worry about it. And even that how would that be no problem if you only have a single one as opposed to having 2?
>It's a mess.
To me it sounds like you never actually tried to understand how they balanced the game around having two digimon and immediately dismissed it as something negative when it overall just makes everything faster.
>>
>>377304486
Eh, no point in me really adding anything else since this guy >>377304740 summed up why I dislike it.
It's one of those things that changes the game more than it would seem at first glance. Like double battles in pokemon, but worse IMO.

>>377304958
>To me it sounds like you never actually tried to understand how they balanced the game around having two digimon and immediately dismissed it as something negative when it overall just makes everything faster.
Oh, so you're just an apologist who is trying to defend shit design decisions for pure fanboy reasons. Simply epic.
>>
>>377304958
Look, raising one Digimon is already stressful enough, I just dislike having to raise two and deal with two of them.
>>
>>377305120
>Oh, so you're just an apologist who is trying to defend shit design decisions for pure fanboy reasons. Simply epic.
You literally ignored 90% of my post where I explained you every single thing you instantly dismissed as bad game design because you simply refused to understand the game mechanic. And that's even without telling you that you can kill your reduce your digimons life span if you wish to do so to have them ressurect on the same day. But hey, shitposting is easier, right?
>>
>>377305472
That's understandable if you ask me. It would have been nice if you had the option of going with the two partners or just having one while recieving bonus stats while training.
>>
>>377305598
But I don't actually give a fuck about most of those reasons for the most part.
The fact that I have two digimon following me around instead of one bro is not something I want out of a digimon world game.
I want to go through the game with my one digimon because not only does it simply feel better from a monster raising standpoint, but it also makes battles feel like less of a mess.

Even if everything said here >>377304740 wasn't true, I still wouldn't like it because I prefer having one digimon.
>>
>>377305927
>I still wouldn't like it because I prefer having one digimon.
I can accept that. Spouting garbage doesn't help anyone though.
>>
>>377305765
Anon you should read the board rules before posting here.
>>
>>377308306
Anon you should read the board rules before posting here.
>>
>>377309046
But that's a different thread.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.