[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deus Ex is such great game... But who the fuck thought that spoiling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1480693461181.jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480693461181.jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
Deus Ex is such great game... But who the fuck thought that spoiling the whole plot with an intro cutscene is a great idea?
>>
>>377293041
>dat earth
>flat
What were anicent people thinking?
>>
>>377293041
The beauty is that you have no idea what they're talking about, and they're saying so much it's hard to keep track, so the first time you play, nothing is really spoiled. When you watch it again after completeing the game, it suddenly all makes sense though.
>>
Hey don't you think it's right about time you reinstalled deus ex?
>>
>>377294334
But it cleraly telegraphs Walton being a bad guy and gray death being a tool to control people.
>>
I think if the game had an option to continue with UNATCO the cutscene would have had a bad effect on plot, but since it was removed it's okay, the whole game is about secretive shit anyway.
>>
>>377294384
Actually yeah I've been meaning to
>>
The actual twist is that Paul is with the NSF.
>>
>>377293041
Without context you wouldn't have much idea on what they're talking about. The PS2 version's intro notably removed a couple of lines, though.

I wonder if anyone played the game paying attention to the story, but without viewing the intro. How would they view the situation?
>>
>>377294741
The intro is shown when starting a new game
>>
>>377294673
Your appointment to FEMA should be finalised within the week, I have already discussed the matter with the senator
>>
>>377294821
True, but I'd wonder how it would change how they perceive the situation if they didn't view it.
>>
>>377294741
I wonder if there was at least one person who remembered Chow.
>>
>>377294851

I take it he was agreeable ?
>>
>>377294498
None of that matters because what you're really not supposed to know is that UNATCO is bad and you're supposed to realize it when you see Walton, who you know is evil there. Even if they didn't reveal him as the bad guy, they still make sure to let you know that he's a jerk and there's something wrong with UNATCO by him being there.
>>
>>377294942
YU REAVE NOW
>>
MJ12 base placement does not make sense.
>>
File: DeusExCover.png (623KB, 600x745px) Image search: [Google]
DeusExCover.png
623KB, 600x745px
what's the best ending and the most canon one? Invisible War doesnt count
For me it's the Helios ending, it fits with the game's theme perfectly, and it also fits with the box art of the game
>>
>>377293041
I was lucky i accidentaly skipped it the first time i played it.
>>
>>377295013
>what you're really not supposed to know is that UNATCO is bad

Walton mentions they have other problems and Page brings up UNATCO to which Walton says he already has someone in place there and it's not a problem. The opening cutscene literally tells you the guy running UNATCO is in on the conspiracy.
>>
>>377295118
> MJ12 Agent: *coughs*
>>
>>377295157
I have no clue why would anyone go for Illuminati ending instead of Helios one.
>>
>>377295157
>Invisible War doesnt count
Wrong, kiddo

>>377295137
It was supposed to br a reference to the Men in Black movie I think
>>
>>377295412
>It was supposed to br a reference to the Men in Black movie I think
Huh?
>>
>>377295457
Haven't you seen it
>>
>>377295517
I just don't remember it.
>>
>>377295574
MIB has an underground base in New York
>>
>>377295635
Oh.

But what I meant is that there is a big base with quite a few MJ12 troops and huge robots and the only way to leave is via UNATCO wing.
>>
>>377293041

The PS2 version changed this. It's prerendered and it cuts up the lines a bit, and keeps the faces in the shadows.
>>
Tom HAll has a nice voic.
>>
>>377296250
Walton is still recognizable but it's still better that way.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.