[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which game should I get? I like horrors, JRPG and Bioshocks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: games.jpg (256KB, 1044x1118px) Image search: [Google]
games.jpg
256KB, 1044x1118px
Which game should I get?
I like horrors, JRPG and Bioshocks so I have no preference in that regard.
Which one is most worth full price?
>>
I would say P5 but you know your own tastes better than I do. You'll get lots of milage out of P5, I think res is the shortest game there but if you have a VR headset thats something u can use to play it. I didnt get prey yet so IDK
>>
Persona 5 seems to have the most content
>>
Persona is just... Persona. If you are a fan of the series, or if you are big into anime and dating sims, it's going to be the one you'll get the most mileage out of. If you are not big into these kinds of things, it's not all that great though: optimization spreadsheet based JRPG with what amounts to another supernatural angsty teen drama. It's not terrible in any respect, but it's definitely not something you "need" to go through.

Resident Evil 7 is... It's basically Alien Isolation except really short and with a lot less interesting environments and story. Again: not a bad game. Feels like the step in the right direction for the genre. But it's so damn short and silly and inconsequential in just about everything but the mechanics that... I don't know. I ultimately viewed it as just a slightly better SOMA or Amnesia.

Prey is my personal favorite of the three, mostly because I really, really damn love it's simulationist and organic approach to design, which is so rare and so refreshing to see in games. It's a quite an amazing piece of craftů. But it's not without its own flaws too: as in previous Arkane games, the powers can get way too overpowered later in the game, the art direction and storytelling is a bit bland. It's also anywhere between a 20-35 hours long game, which is a lot less than you'll sunk into Persona.
>>
File: nv3k.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
nv3k.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>377287384
Prey is just a regular run of the mill shooter. If you've played any shooter since 2000 then you've played Prey already.

RE7 is the best RE since 4. Its just quality entertainment from beginning to end. Its quite short though(7-10hrs)

P5 is the one where you'd get most out of your money. I'd go with that one.
>>
>>377288479
>Prey is just a regular run of the mill shooter. If you've played any shooter since 2000 then you've played Prey already.
What the fucking fuck is the point of lying like this? Like seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>377288479
>run of the mill shooter
Are you ok? Are you hurt?
>>
>>377288479
>Prey is just a regular run of the mill shooter. If you've played any shooter since 2000 then you've played Prey already.

Don't talk about games you didn't play or don't know shit about, it does make you sound like a retard
>>
File: 1494478468857.png (838KB, 1335x810px) Image search: [Google]
1494478468857.png
838KB, 1335x810px
Lol get persona 5. Its fun. Don't be a hectic hermano and scream "fucking weebs," and have no idea what a smt game is. If you don't want to be a fatlus you gotta take your time.
>>
>>377288568
>muh shooty tooty experience with little gimmicks that make the gameplay toooootally different
Fuck that noise
>>
>>377288802
You are a genuine, clinical retard. And my question still stands: Why do you lie about the game? Either you had not played the game AT ALL, or you had, yet you intentionally decided to lie about it.

And I understand that a some people may not enjoy the game, but why the everloving FUCK do you lie about a game just because you did not fucking like it?
>>
>>377287384
Two of them you can pirate if you for some reason can't possibly just buy more than one game.
>>
>>377288479
This.

Prey is just another shooter. RE7 is a great amnesia game turning shooter/RE1 later in the game. Great experience really. But P5 really stands out in terms of content and quality. Get that one OP.
>>
>>377287384
Persona 5 of course, who the fuck buying RE and Arkane trash when you can just pirated it?
>>
>>377287384
>Which one is most worth full price?
Probably the one that is over 100 hours long and is considered one of the best games in its genre in years.
>>
>>377288656
Persona has nothing to do with smt. It just a sol vn coupled with an average rpg.

The story is also shit if you're not a weeb or a teenager.
>>
>>377289086
>mad smt fag again
>>
>>377287384
They're all enjoyable, but length wise, you can beat both the other games 2-3 times in the time it takes to beat persona once.
>>
>>377287384
Get The Surge, OP. Literally best game of this generation.
>>
>>377289164
>Can't deny what i said

I didn't even praise smt.
>>
>>377288974
>Prey is just another shooter.
I'm starting to wonder if this isn't just some kind of deeper mental issue with Persona faggots. God dammit: the game is fine but the fanbase is starting to grow into Dark-Souls levels of annoying shits.
>>
>>377289475
I'm not even a Persona fan faggot. Stop getting butthurt because people don't praise your 6/10 goty.
>>
>>377288568
He's not wrong though. Prey is pretty generic. It's not a horror game because it's atmosphere and graphics are way too bright, the original Prey was at least somewhat unsettling.

This game is a awkward hybrid of Bioshock and Alien Isolation. Every mechanic, all the aesthetics, the combat, it's all been done before. The game isn't bad but it is undoubtably generic.
>>
>>377287384

RE7 is only worth $30 tops.

PREY is dull of game breaking bugs.

So Persona 5 I guess. Get RE7 on a sale, and wait for PREY to be patched up.
>>
>>377287384
P5
>>
>>377288324
>But it's so damn short and silly and inconsequential in just about everything but the mechanics that... I don't know
What point are you trying to convey with this sentence?
>>
Persona 5 has a metric fuckton of content, but it has a lot of extra cosmetic DLC and Persona 4 did get an updated re-release with Golden, so there's a good chance there will be something like that with 5 in the future.

RE7 will likely go on sale when the free DLC gets released, so wait until then.

Prey is definitely a game that you should wait for a very hefty sale in like a year.

Persona 5 has the most content, and if you don't give a shit about maybe missing out on some bonus stuff with a potential updated re-release, then go with that
>>
File: 1391387613410.gif (743KB, 180x130px) Image search: [Google]
1391387613410.gif
743KB, 180x130px
>>377289086
>play Persona 3 when I was 16 loved it
>play Persona 4 when I was 19 alright but had to force myself to finish
>Persona 5 comes out almost a decade later
>can't imagine being able to stand sitting through all those anime scenes and dialogue again

Living in my post weeb era is there anything P5 actually provides that I haven't already experienced hundreds of times before when I was younger?

P3 is 11 years old
>>
>>377287384
Bloodborne, then P5, then NieR Automata, then Resident Evil, then Prey.
>>
>>377290196

I know that feel. At 27 I had a hard time caring about some of their issues early in and for some of the social links.
>>
>>377287384
p5 is the only one you NEED a console to play, the other two are on pc.
>>
File: 1490894180662.png (289KB, 845x355px) Image search: [Google]
1490894180662.png
289KB, 845x355px
>>377287384
RE7 is the first good RE since 4 and tons of fun with one of the best game villains in years despite it being short.

Prey Is a smart shooter were your decisions in your skill point really matter with a fully realised world to explore.

Persona 5 is bleeding style and improves on everything 4 did and is worth every penny.

FUCK why does this year have to be so good? there's too many good games.
>>
Prey is great and RE7 is meh. Didn't play P5.
>>
If I don't care for the dating sim aspect, is the dungeon crawling fun in P5?
>>
>>377290738
He just need to wait for ps3 emulation

Look like sony loses again.
>>
File: 6281445958_c1f921e4b9_b[1].jpg (389KB, 1024x594px) Image search: [Google]
6281445958_c1f921e4b9_b[1].jpg
389KB, 1024x594px
>>377290645
Persona 6 should be set in an office where your party consists of depressed salary men. You also try to fuck your boss.
>>
>>377291102
Yes. The dating sim part is also just a small part of the life sim part of the game, and is optional.
>>
>>377290752
I'm just surprised it's the first Spring release season that isn't complete garbage.

Then again, Winter is quickly becoming Generic FPS / Open World Shit Season.
>>
File: 1492588132569.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492588132569.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
>>377289965
>>377288479
>>377288974

>PREY is dull of game breaking bugs.
>Prey is just another shooter
>Prey is just a regular run of the mill shooter. If you've played any shooter since 2000 then you've played Prey already

Why are Persona fangirls so god damn retarded?
>>
>>377291280
Makes sense. The blockbuster shit gets released at the end of the year, the good games get released in the dry periods, stopping those periods from being dry.
>>
>>377291102
Dungeons are even better in P5 since they're unique maps and not randomly generated.

That said, in a first playthrough it's better to focus on maxing out social stats, though some Confidants give out those as well (i.e. not your party members).
>>
>>377291102
Consensus is that the first couple of ones are great then it goes to shit.

Story is also generic anime shit.
>>
>>377290196
>is there anything P5 actually provides that I haven't already experienced hundreds of times before when I was younger?
Not really. The whole settings and writing is slightly more mature than in previous Persona game, but in the end it is largely about teenagers and their insecurities all over again.
Other than that, it's a pretty regular JRPG where 90% of the gameplay is tweaking stats and making minor decisions that will further add small numbers to those stats in the future. It's not bad... it's just very by the numbers. The dungeons are arguably the best they ever were in the series, but that does not mean that much: in the end it's just a plain on which you move, then battle.

I know your situation, I'm very much in the same spot as you are. I can't say anything flat-out bad about the game - it's solid, long, has a lot of content, a lot of mechanical options (though none of them feel like they are actually changing the game in any significant fashion, but that is really just the JRPG way of doing things), the environments and story are functional and definitely phoned in...
But when the appeal of the anime settings, artstyle and typical story tropes vanes, there is really absolutely nothing remarkable about it, nothing that would make the entire anime aspect of it worth going through.
>>
>>377291287
It's not Persona fanboys. This shit has been all over the board, literally the exact same sentences posted every time the game is mentioned. It's just an army of edgy teens parroting shit they heard other edgy teens saying exclusively being being negative and throwing shit is the "cool" thing to do. It's sad, really. Persona fanboys I think only form an insignificant portion of these.
>>
>>377290196
> there anything P5 actually provides that I haven't already experienced hundreds of times before when I was younger?
Everything is pretty much better than in the predecessors.
There are also lots of new mechanics that shake up the formula if thats getting too stale for you.
But generally, its still a Persona/SMT game. If you think you cant stomach them again, then this one wont be the solution. If you're still interested, then yea P5 is where Persona peaked.
>>
>>377287384
The amount of Prey butthurt in this thread should tell you to stay away from such a game OP. No game thats worth its money, gets this much butthurt.
>>
I'd say Persona based on its lenght

100h+ guaranteed
>>
>>377287384
Mass Effect Andromeda
>>
>>377291959
Eh, the only dungeon I didn't care for was the seventh because of the mouse stuff. All of the others were interesting in their own ways, and the final dungeon(s) had a lot of cool stuff going on.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.