[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently got interested in history and want to know if there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: sadpepe.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
sadpepe.png
51KB, 657x527px
I recently got interested in history and want to know if there games that can help me to learn more about this...

I'm mostly interested in the Roman Empire and the Crusades...
>>
File: 1478732577550.png (102KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1478732577550.png
102KB, 785x757px
>>377283289
>Non-American history

Why don't you learn about the glorious War of Northern Oppression, dumbo
>>
>>377283372

pls no bully, I want people to consider me smart at least once
>>
>>377283289
Age of Empires, Praetorians, Paradox games, Caesar (Impression Games)
>>
As ridiculous as it sounds, the first couple of Assassin's Creed games, but I'm sure you thought of them.

I say them because there was a moment in Assassin's Creed 2. I believe it was the final showdown between Ezio and the Pope. The snarky British twat mentions that the day Ezio and the Pope face off was not the recorded day of the death of the Pope, meaning that Ezio did not in fact kill him.

It was that scene that made me actually do some research and think "Shit, Ubisoft is playing with history."
>>
>>377283289
Rome Total War?
>>
so read a fucking history book. Video games simulate it, not actually tell you what happened.
>>
>>377284431

Which ones?
>>
Civ 5
>>
>>377284641
world history 101? just google search it, or do you need someone to type for you too? You clearly don't have enough motivation to actually learn about history if you're on /v/ of all places asking about it.
>>
>>377284726

wow rude, at least I'm trying, which is a lot compared to other retards like me in here
>>
>>377283289

>Roman Empire
Age of Empires

>Crusades
Age of Empires 2
>>
>>377284815
no, no you're not trying. you're right about be retarded though.
>>
>>377283742
Literally most of my knowledge about Roman landmarks is from Brotherhood
>>
>>377283742
Assassin's Creed : Rome when ?
>>
>>377283289
>I'm mostly interested in the Roman Empire and the Crusades...
Are you a dad or an alt-right memer? Neither is a good answer.
>>377284431
>>377284726
>>377284857
Also, this.
>>
>>377283289
I have a Master in Ancient History and did a final thesis on ancient artillery.
Rome Total War (I or II) reflect well the real strength of the Romans : discipline and tight formation (unlike faggoty movies that show Romans breaking formation when the enemy is on them).
Age of Empire may be good, but will make you learn many false conceptions. AoE II too, even if I learned a lot with it when I was younger.
You can read The Cambridge Illustrated History of the Roman World, for example. It will be mostly correct (Cambridge...) but still accessible. I have a lot more recommendation in french.
Every major book can be found on Libgen.

You can ask me anything.

Pic : handheld catapult
>>
>>377285732
They did that. It's called Brotherhood I think.
>>
>>377286368
>master in history
>ask me anything
do you have a job
>>
>>377286441
Yes, because I was active learning concrete skills during my studies.
>>
Crusader Kings 2

Your playthroughs will be ahistorical but it will cause you to look up and learn about a great many real events.
>>
Crusader Kings 2
EU3/EU4
Age of Empires 2
Medieval 2: Total War
Rome: Total War

Even the Civilization games can be extremely useful in understanding the progress of technology and how it influenced people throughout history
>>
>>377283289
Civ IV with Rhye's and Fall mod is cool.
Mount&Blade Warband is also very cool, do mind that the factions are fictional, albeit they are based on Romans, French, Russia, Mongols, etc.
If your looking for IRL factions just get the AD 1257 mod.
>>
>>377283372
>war of northern oppression

Yeah how dare they, I just wanted to own my slaves in peace. What's wrong with that?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.