[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game really as bad as people say? I saw a guy named sponey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 281
Thread images: 38

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
Is this game really as bad as people say? I saw a guy named sponey review it and he said it was horrible
>>
the game is literally one big corridor and battles are dull and boring

the leveling system is probably the worst idea in rpg games ever

story is retarded

I stopped playing in the area where you first get chocobos, game might get better past that but holy shit it was terribly boring first 10 hours
>>
>>377261143

Spoony was just a character like AVGN, no idea what happened to the guy though. Seemed like an old youtuber kinda person who probably couldnt keep up with the new kids
>>
>>377261143
I dunno.

There's betters rpgs put there.
>>
it was the corridor before the FF13 corridor

least it had Lulu
>>
>>377261143
No, it is not bad at all.
I know people who've put 800 hours to it and 4 replays. I myself also enjoyed it back in the days, but it ain't my favorite FF game.
>>
>>377261143
Play it and make up your own damn opinion for once.
People who meme about it being the worst thing ever are just shitposting of course.
>>
>>377261143
FFX is my favorite final fantasy. Even got the international version, only game I ever did that with.
>>
>>377261429
>the game is literally one big corridor and battles are dull and boring
>the leveling system is probably the worst idea in rpg games ever
>story is retarded
>I stopped playing in the area where you first get chocobos
opinion completely discarded. The combat and Sphere Grid alone are great, and the whole game's built around the Pilgrimage theme, thus the initial linearity.
>>
It's been out for years. There are plenty of reviews you can read if you don't want to waste money. Or just pirate it. /v/ is not your personal review site
>>
>>377261143
It's all right. It has a lot of pros and cons.

>Pros
Best story in a Final Fantasy
Awesome soundtrack
Great graphics
Combat system is interesting, altough slow
Progression system is awesome. Lots of oportunities and varieties.
Most of the cast is enjoyable.
Summoning is awesome.

>Cons
It has little to no exploration. It's just a big hallway.
Minigames. Don't even bother.
Blitzball. Holy shit is it boring.
It starts REALLY slow.
>>
Didn't like it, combat is fine but the world is boring and tedious to navigate, too lineal for me.

And the story was "good", but the characters personalities and dialogues are pure shit.
>>
>>377261723

>combat is great
the last area I remember was literally "Lulu casts spell on Elemental, Wakka throws ball on flying dipshit, Auron us some sharp shit on armored enemy and Tidus just hits the last mob" on repeat and the previous ones weren't really different

>Sphere Grid is great
I just can't get my head around the fact that someone can think it's anything but stupid and annoying, if not for Sphere Grid I would probably kept playing

>whole game's built around the Pilgrimage theme
which was fine by me
>thus the initial linearity
I don't mind going from one place to another without freedom to go somewhere else, I fucking mind LITERAL corridors with random battles

FF XII and DQ VIII are one of my favorite games, so I really tried to enjoy FF X, but it's just not good
>>
>>377261723
>>377262526

oh and "initial linearity" would be solid argument for first hour or two, not for 10+ hours of gameplay
>>
>>377262613
Linearity is never an auto-negative trait. It's how it is utilized, constructed and paced that matters. In FFX's case, the main themes and plot alone justify the linearity, as it is a journey with a goal.

10h is like 1/10th of the whole game, unless you literally rush the game.
>>
>>377262938

I don't think we are on the same page, I don't mind the fact that I am going from point A to point B without ayn sidequests, hidden caves behind waterfalls and shit, I just want to cross a field or something, just not a fucking hallway, the fact that sometimes the path was so narrow there wasn't any other option than go back or forth drove me up the wall

fucking Call of Duty seemed like sandbox compared to FF X
>>
One of the very best ff games. Cool and new at the time combat system. Great story, was fully voiced which was rad for a ff game at the time, the graphics were awesome for their time. The sound track was fucking amazing. Blitzball was top tier mini game, best of the best. Lulu's titties.

The game is a mastapiece.
>>
>>377261546
He had a mental breakdown after getting dumped.
>>
File: Calm_lands2_ffx.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Calm_lands2_ffx.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>377263457
I hope that's an exaggeration, because modern CoD especially is like running in a sewer pipe with a leash on your neck. I'd much rather have well narrated and engaging experiences like X.

Also, depending on WHICH Chocobos you ment, you weren't too far off from the "Calm Lands", a decently sized grasslands with some earlier sidequest opportunities.

Much later on you get an airship even.
>>
>>377263457
To be fair, there are a handful of sandbox-ish areas. Luca and the Calm Lands come to mind.
>>
>>377261143
Its worse. Its the 2nd worse ff after 8.
>>
>>377262131
>It has little to no exploration.
-Kilika Woods
-Mi'ihen Highroad
-Thunder Plains
-Bikanel Desert
-Calm Lands

Not to mention you can use the airship to go back and get items for Celestial Weapons and Jecht spheres.
>>
File: ffx_luca.gif (3KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ffx_luca.gif
3KB, 300x300px
>>377263801

I dunno, but last CoD I played was Blops 2 and it had some open-ish areas iirc

yeah, I guess I was just about to get to Calm Lands, but it would be first open are after 10+ hours

>>377263878

I'll give you Calm Lands but Luca was poor attempt of a city
>>
FFX is where the series changed for the worse.

>cinematic cutscene to show off graphics
>10 minutes of in game graphics dialogue "cutscenes"
>walk 2 steps
>5 minutes of in game graphics dialogue "cutscenes"
>walk 5 steps
>fight in 2 random battles
>5 minutes of in game graphics dialogue "cutscenes"
>boss battle
>walk 2 steps

That's the entire game.

Fuck final fantasy X for what it did to the series.
>>
Really linear until nearly the end but but otherwise a great game aside from Yunas voice actor having to stick to mouth animations designed for japanese making her sound extremely stilted
Ignore memes about the laughing scene, it makes sense in context
>>
>>377261143
I played it back on ps2 a couple times through and it's where the series went down hill for me. Plots a joke. Combats aight i guess. art design is good, but the OST is great (Nobuo Uematsu is a great composer) all in all it one of the poorer ones.

Funny story
>Be me
>Biggest FF fag in the world
>All time favorite series (got me into vidya so it has a special place)
>Dislike 10, outright hate 10-2
>Girlfriend tells me she has a early xmas gift
>Gonna fuck a slutty santa or elf
>turns out it's the remasters instead
>didnt get lucky

still on my shelf in their wrapping......
>>
>>377264504
Not being able to skip cutscenes was arguably the worst thing about that game
>>
>>377264649
>Nobuo Uematsu is a great composer
Didn't even do the best songs for this game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxRd_5ERYKw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxJE6SSX-aw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrYpOPLh3dc
>>
>>377264803
YOUR HOPE ENDS HERE AND YOUR MEANINGLESS EXISTENCE WITH IT
>>
Interesting bit of trivia, Tidus' narration being more mature in the english version was a mistake and he was intended to sound like the brat he was in the early game and still sounds that way in the japanese release
>>
>>377265252
huh
wasnt he's hair black early on in development too ?
>>
>>377261628
X was linear done right, as it had a logical story-based reason for being that way.

XIII's corridor was just because.
>>
>>377261143
Ffx2 had great gameplay but story was fucking retarded
>>
>>377261143
It's ok.
>>
>>377265667
t. didn't pay attention to the story

Barthandelus is guiding them the whole way to be used as part of his plan, on top of that they're fugitives by being branded as l'Cie.
The problem with XIII is the lack of interactivity.
>>
>>377265845
If a story isn't compelling enough to spark my interest, how is that my fault?
>>
>>377266087
if i found the story, world and cast very compelling, it indeed is your fault.
>>
It's linear, but unlike FFXIII, you won't actually care that it's linear because the rest of the game has charm and is fun.
>>
>>377261143
If you want to play anime the video, you might enjoy it
And I say this as a person who has consumed unhealthy amounts of anime
It's cheesy as fuck and has basically every single cliche trope you can think of
>>
>>377261723
The sphere grid has little to no strategic depth to it, there's no reason to ever deviate against what is essentially a linear path.

Also, considering that overly linear games don't really make the greatest RPG's, the pilgrimage theme wasn't a good fit.
>>
>>377262131
>Most of the cast is enjoyable
Yeah I just loved how Tidus was a cringy little cry baby, and that Yuna was a complete doormat, so enjoyable.
>>
>>377264504
Actually it started with FF8.
>>
>>377269056
So you admit you never finished the game and have no idea how the characters develop
>>
>>377269384
I'd argue that the development of the characters are shit, but it's irrelevant to whether or not they're actually enjoyable you know.
>>
>>377264504
You just described almost every jrpg
>>
>>377262526
>the last area I remember was literally "Lulu casts spell on Elemental, Wakka throws ball on flying dipshit, Auron us some sharp shit on armored enemy and Tidus just hits the last mob" on repeat and the previous ones weren't really different

Are you the same anon who complains about this every time X is brought up?
>>
>>377261143

Played it for the first time recently. It's actually really good, but I can also see why people don't like it. Personally I think it has a really good story, setting and cast. Soundtrack is pretty amazing.

At first the characters are a little unlikable but they develop pretty well throughout the game. The voice acting is awkward to say the least, there are a lot of unnecessary pauses in the middle of sentences. Tidus has a really annoying voice in the story yet his narrating is pretty good, I don't understand that.

Gameplay is interesting, I like the fact that you can switch mid battle but it could have used some work. Leveling system is nice and can lead to some fun replayability in future playthroughs. I actually really enjoy the boss fights in this game, some of the best in the series I think.

Unfortunately it is kinda the beginning of the end for the franchise. It's entirely linear until the very end of the game which in turn makes the overworld rather boring since there's nothing to do except keep going forward. The temples throughout the game are just plain boring, the main villain is a cringe lord, and the beginning of the game is very slow and riddled with cutscenes.

It's still a great game though with probably the most bittersweet ending in the series.
>>
The weird thing is, it sounds awful on paper. It seems to hit all the marks of a bad game, yet I still enjoyed it.
>>
>>377269056
>Yuna is a doormat
>then she gets cold feet on a forced marriage
>then she kills the God of her religion
>implied she becomes leader of the world
>just a doormat

Ok bub
>>
>>377272373
>>>implied she becomes leader of the world

Is that implied? I don't remember that, unless you're referring to X-2.
>>
>>377269168
FFVIII was objectively the series' peak.
>>
>>377272596
Series peak of being shit, XIII and XV were better than that abomination by virtue of not having Squall and Rinoa in it.
>>
>>377272373
Not before initially agreeing to said marriage, and failing to tell anyone that Seymour is a genocidal maniac. Seriously, she gets kidnapped like 5 separate times. Also, it's more about her personality than her actions.
>>
>>377272446
Not that guy but you know how everyone was getting nervous about High Summoner Yuna coming to town? That Anon is right it would seem and I'm ashamed to admit that I never even thought about it until now.
>>
>>377272596
Shitty drawing system, which was essentially just busy work. Cliche anime plot, with a completely tripe love story, and horribly unlikable characters. Yeah, no.
>>
FFX is amazing for it's time. You might even still enjoy it
>>
>>377272596
FFIX was the last and best FF game that was actually made.
>>
>>377266196
>reading encyclopedia entries
>compelling

wew
>>
>>377274954
>Doesn't pay attention
>'Muh encyclopedias'
Kek
>>
FFX isn't a video game. It's a cinematic experience, and I hardly recommend it after 1 playthrough.

A billion hours of gameplay cannot make up for the disgusting travesty that is unskippable cutscenes.
>>
No its just a meme. Its not the best but nowhere near the worst FFXV has that title
>>
>>377261143
Steam or PCSX2?
>>
>>377275484
Steam for mods
>>
>>377275525
did they fix the face models in the steam version?
>>
>>377275271
Fuck off ACfag.
>>
>>377275704

I believe you missed your website friend.

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>377275952
Not an argument.
>>
>>377276171

That's not an argument either.
>>
>>377276305
I didn't say it was.
>>
I hated all the characters so much. The gameplay itself isn't too bad though.
>>
>>377261143
Spooney its a whiney looser.
Game its great.
>>
>>377264504
>20 minute cutscenes befter a boss
KILL ME
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
The first Final Fantasy with voice acting in it and it's fucking terrible
>>
>>377261143
Nah, its one of the best in the series.
>>
>>377276839
>It's another 'anon doesn't understand the scene' post
>>
>>377276963

It's a scene where Tidus "pretends" to laugh awkwardly because he's "pretending" to make Yuna feel better because yada yada awkward teen romance and unrequited garbage anime tier emotions.

What matters is that you couldn't even skip the cutscene, so it was cringeworthy regardless of whether they were doing it "ironically" or not.
>>
File: drakehotlinebling.jpg (52KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
drakehotlinebling.jpg
52KB, 620x349px
>>377277136
>What matters is that you couldn't even skip the cutscene
>>
>>377261143
Its okay but its only okay being played once. Its solid with beautiful music but on rails as fuck and every playthrough feels the same.
>>
>>377261723
The combat is basically just super basic turn based combat but alittle more polished and doesn't hold a fucking candle to shit like press turn/Shadow Hearts Judgement ring systems.

Not to mention end game is just using auto phoenix/haste armor and spamming quick attack and the two powers that give away overdrive meter so you can let Tidus do his best overdrive over and over. Its boring beginning and end game but atleast beginning game is more strategic.
>>
>>377277273

i'm just saying: I'm not watching a movie, I'm playing a video game.
>>
>>377277273
>posting shitty memes instead of constructing an actual argument.
>>
>>377261143
I'm really enjoying it, just recently saved Yuna
>>
>>377277547
The 4th time you save her or the 12th?
>>
>>377264903
Is there any songs similar to Wandering Flames?
>>
>>377277414
Yeah I agree, I don't think anyone likes unstoppable cutscenes.
>>377277475
>Being so retarded you couldn't see that the picture was in agreement
>>
>>377277695
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5lxAsfxINI (same composer)

And I always felt like this song sounded identical to Wandering Flame - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_yCHBInuCs
>>
Why would you want to skip a cutscene you millennial plebs they're the best part LOL
>>
File: doctor lowers glasses.png (105KB, 326x332px) Image search: [Google]
doctor lowers glasses.png
105KB, 326x332px
>>377277875

>why would you want to get to the videogamey part of your videogame

I don't know David Cage. It's a mystery.
>>
>>377261143
Spoony is an uncultured sack of shit who only has appreciation for western type stories. Shit like JRPGs and anime have tropes that are intrinsic to them and hail from japanese theater and the fucker can't handle wild storylines
>>
File: 1364048728167.jpg (72KB, 217x255px) Image search: [Google]
1364048728167.jpg
72KB, 217x255px
FFX is in a weird spot.

Let me explain why, I'd say that every final fantasy game before final fantasy 8 can be fit into one category, the same type of general game with very little change. FF8, and FF9 represented the first risks that square enix had taken with the FF franchisee, and both games have a very hardcore niche that loves them but they were not universally well received.

I'd argue that FFX is a fun game, square designed FFX to be a game that would once again be more universally well received, and it was very well received, many people love FFX, I still remember playing it very fondly. In retrospect however, FFX was a proof of concept for square enix. They removed any real notion of freedom of direction. Opting in favor of a long corridor style game with one or two free roam areas. The games difficulty suffered greatly due to the sphere leveling mechanic. Because the developers were unable to gauge where any player might be, or what party members and skills a player would have access to, nearly all the enemies rely on the rock-paper-scissors elemental system, which is honestly very lack luster.

In retrospect, I can see how these ideas in FFX eventually led to FF13, which almost everyone hates. FFX is the transition game, the game that moved towards FF13, it's still fun it's still good, but in retrospect it's overwhelming success is what led to much worse games in the future.
>>
>>377261143
It's great. The main issue people have is linear but hailing from an era where the entire point of games was to go from the left side of the screen to the right, this was never a big issue for me.

At least the game still has secrets and shit like the two paths on miihen highroad and a few bonuses if you talk to people or revisit areas

people like to compare ffxiii and ffx like their linearity was the same but those two are different as say ffvii and ffx's linearity.
>>
>>377278182
I'd say it started at 7 not 8, that's when it got all anime n shit.
>>
>>377261546

AVGN is a character yes, the sad thing is that Spoony isn't. Yeah sometimes he says stuff that he has to clarify in commentary is a joke, but that's genuinely who he is.
>>
>>377265667
Plus you know, despite being a corridor it had towns.
And the ability to go back to any point in the game later.
And entire zones/dungeons that there was no reason to go to except for bonus stuff.
>>
Kimahri is fucking useless.
>>
>>377278354
Looking back at it was Spoony ever really that great? Most of his reviews are just comprised of him making shitty, and really outdated pop culture references. That isn't even mentioning the pure pain that is his skits.
>>
>>377278504

His early stuff, yes.
>>
>>377278320
7 is very by the numbers like it or not. The series had always been anime bs, the villians had always been edgy as fuck, go back and read some Kefka dialogue or Exdeath's back stories. Sephiroth wasn't especially edgy or anime, he was just 3d and popular.
>>
File: 1490916398594.jpg (18KB, 341x307px) Image search: [Google]
1490916398594.jpg
18KB, 341x307px
>>377262131
>best story in final fantasy
>>
>>377262131
>Best story in a Final Fantasy

No, it's really not. It's middle of the road.
>>
>>377265667
Actually, XIII is super linear for 2 reasons.

Firstly, you're on the run, and constantly pushing you straight forward until you reach Gran Pulse is 100% logical in line with the story of the game.

Secondly, like all games in the 7th gen, memory limitations were a severe bottleneck in terms of being able to open things up. That's why damn near everything on 360/ps3 is a fucking corridor.
>>
>>377278441
>Plus you know, despite being a corridor it had towns.

I've never really understood this criticism. Why are people so obsessed with stopping into a 4 building shithole with a standard inn, shop, and a few NPCs that regurgitate the same rote bullshit?

If anything, towns in most RPGs are just a cheap excuse for devs to make you backtrack a lot - Get quest, go to zone, do quest, go back to town, get shitty reward, get new quest, etc.

No towns was one of the few things I actually liked about XIII.
>>
>>377278594
You wanna elaborate on that? I mean his FF8 review really doesn't hold up if you ask me. His critique on the drawing system is good, but for the most part the rest of his review just makes me cringe. The painfully drawn out jokes about masturbating to Quistis, and the horribly outdated pop culture references. Not to mentioned that he completely glosses over the last 2 disks for some shitty skits.
>>
>>377278819
But that working relies on the quality of the story, which I'm pretty sure most people hated.
>>
>>377279157
>which I'm pretty sure most people hated.
I don't enough people understood it to like it or hate desu.
>>
>>377279083

I was thinking more of Phantasmagoria.
>>
>>377279052

Makes the world feel like it's an actual living place and not simply a videogame. XII would not be anywhere near as good of a setting if it didn't have the many towns, hunting camps, travelling caravans, etc.
>>
File: ffx hd on left.jpg (123KB, 882x532px) Image search: [Google]
ffx hd on left.jpg
123KB, 882x532px
>>377261143
It's a pretty good game, the beginning of the end of Final Fantasy, and got a terrible remaster.

If you wanted a love story in a video game with lots of JRPG gameplay, it's the game for you.
>>
>>377279360
Yeah it's a good opportunity to develop the world and lore.
>>
Am I bad person because I enjoyed all the FF games?
I feel like everyone is just insanely elitist about which is their favourite when I would say all are good in their own aspects.
Except 3 was pretty boring and had no super good story or anything. Though I can appreciate the job system.
Also best FF is V with second best being X.
If anyone hasn't played V play it, shit is funny and fun with a cool story.
>>
>>377280372
You're a horrible person who clearly has no morals.
>>
>>377280372
me too nugga. only one I dislike is 2. played them all and while I have my favorites, I enjoyed every single one....except 2, FUCK

XIII > XIII-2 > LR you can't convince me otherwise
>>
>>377280372
>I enjoyed all the FF games
Same here anon.
>>
>>377280516
>except 2
I don't think anyone likes II.
>>
>>377280849
I thought 2 had a good story, but yeah the leveling system was fucked.
Imagine if it had a good leveling system!
>>
>>377264504
But only 10 and 13 are like that.
>>
>>377279083
>His critique of the drawing system

His critique of the drawing system is like saying every RPG is shit because grinding to level 99 in the first area with monsters is the CLEARLY OPTIMAL STRATEGY

It's terrible
>>
>>377275318
XV is the best. XIII, II and XIV are the worst.
>>
>>377280849

2 just needs different gameplay.
>>
File: 1389245874928.jpg (40KB, 514x459px) Image search: [Google]
1389245874928.jpg
40KB, 514x459px
>>377262526
Was the sphere grid too complex for you?
>>
File: krabs.jpg (55KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
krabs.jpg
55KB, 600x600px
>>377281052
>XV is the best.
>>
>>377261628
>least it had Lulu
>Spend half of the game hitting on her
>End up with that stupid girl instead
And then I dropped the game.
>>
>>377274776
I do not have a reaction image depicting how hard I am laughing at your incorrect statement. So I will just say you are wrong; the last good Final Fantasy was 7.
>>
>>377281046
But there's no need to grind to level 99 just to progress in the game. With the draw system you need to do it at some point, otherwise you just wont be able to stand up to anything. With regular RPG's you just employ the best strategy to kill the random encounters and move on. With FF8 you have to stop every so often just to let the enemy wail on you, whilst you do nothing but draw magic.
>>
>>377281350
>the last good Final Fantasy was 7.
This.
>>
>>377281105
Oh it's you again.
>>
>>377281350
>>377281417
XV was the last good FF.
>>
File: 1467273536812.gif (857KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
1467273536812.gif
857KB, 420x236px
>>377261143
>learn how to play blitzball for an hour
>game forgets it taught you how to play blitzball and throws you into a fight sequence for another 45 minutes.
>game returns to blitzball and expects you to remember everything about it
>you can lose the game and it doesnt affect the story at all which begs the question why it made you sit through an hour long fucking blitzball tutorial in the first fucking place

game is shit
>>
>>377281381
I was a retarded kid when FFVIII came out and got well into disc 2 without junctioning literally anything. Don't get me wrong, the system opens up a layer of strategy that makes the game more fun (to break), but it is far from integral to making progress.
>>
File: FFXV-vs-Sonic06.jpg (1MB, 1080x2250px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-vs-Sonic06.jpg
1MB, 1080x2250px
>>377281481
LOL
>>
>>377264903
good song to die to
>>
>>377277774
thanks for the links
>>
>>377281551
Okay so you're ignoring what is suppose to be an integral part of the game, so do you not agree that it's shit? What's the alternative anyway? Spam the summons with the unskippable animations?
>>
Fucking LOVE lulu in ffx, then playing ffx-2 makes me realize i have thigh fetish which i dont even know i have. HD remaster is fucking godsend to a 2002-2004 games
>>
>>377271976
>At first the characters are a little unlikable but they develop pretty well throughout the game. The voice acting is awkward to say the least, there are a lot of unnecessary pauses in the middle of sentences. Tidus has a really annoying voice in the story yet his narrating is pretty good, I don't understand that.

All of this is basically because it was one of the first attempts to dub lipsynch dialogues in vidya. As japanese dialogues had frecuent pauses and different speed of speech, dubbers had to adapt, resulting in a somewhat awkward flow in the narrative.
When Tidus narrates, he doesn't had to lipsynch, so there you can hear a better dubbing work.
>>
>>377281953
Okay being attracted to thighs isn't a fetish, that's like saying "I have a fetish for attractive women".
>>
>>377282015
Adding to this, Tidus the narrator sounded more mature because at the point of time when he's narrating, he already knows what the pilgrimage's goal was, and he already traveled enough to comprehend this wasn't a walk to the land of Oz.
>>
>>377282024
eh aite fair enough
tho what if i want to thighfuck dem thighs tho, does that count?
>>
>>377261429
You're talking about xiii, right?
>>
>>377265667
A literal fucking corridor. Who thinks that shit is fun? It's sightseeing with shitty battles.
>>
>>377281484
Because its the way to get really good items early and an ultimate weapon
>>
>>377282418
Midgar is the best part of VII.
>>
>>377282219
I mean who doesn't?
>>
>>377275017
You know how there's a fanboy for every shitty game? You've probably seem a few. Totally bereft of objectivity for what can only be an emotional experience for whatever reason. I don't know, maybe had a gay awakening playing a game.

That's you.
>>
File: Bardic Knowledge - Farming.jpg (318KB, 715x1013px) Image search: [Google]
Bardic Knowledge - Farming.jpg
318KB, 715x1013px
>>377282024
You can have a fetish for a particular body part
>>
Since we are talking about ff, ffx got a sequel, ff13 got 2 sequel, what actually happened to ff12 tho? reading game magazines circa 2007, i remember the char, diverse race etc makes it sound good
>>
>>377281569
Fuck off antikun.
>>
>>377282594
If it's a body part that everyone considers sexually attractive, not really. You never hear people saying "I have a fetish for breasts." yknow.
>>
>>377282640
It did get a sequel on the DS.
>>
>>377281569
Luna holding Noctis happens after the fight though so this is already invalidated.
>>
File: 1466382458696.gif (608KB, 150x113px) Image search: [Google]
1466382458696.gif
608KB, 150x113px
>>377282594
FUCK i laughed out just remembering this manga. putting socks on radish turned mc on lmfao
>>
>>377282452
The first time mostly, but it has it's own charm. It also had pit stops along the way, like a slow introduction. You also had engaging quests and character building. Moments of weight.
>>
>>377278819
Being on the run shouldn't be forced by actual walls. You should feel a sense of urgency.
>>
>>377279248
Yeah it's pretty poorly told.
>>
Pros:
- Soundtrack
- At the time I had the hugest boner for pretty much every female MC
- Story is good
- Auron and Jecht are awesome

Cons:
- Wakka
- Can't skip cutscenes (even on second viewing)
- Blitzball
>>
File: 5-1.png (372KB, 674x439px) Image search: [Google]
5-1.png
372KB, 674x439px
>>377281238
>>
>>377282702
If you have a particular sexual fixation on a part of the body other than the genitals, its a fetish. Example, finding breasts attractive is not a fetish. Finding breasts attractive over everything else or exclusively is a fetish.
Just because its common, doesn't negate that fact.
>>
>>377283053
I've been playing too much p5, those look like Joker responses. I can just imagine teedus smug fucking face when he says "too late".
>>
>>377279418
Original looks like a boy.
>>
File: Final_Fantasy_X_(PS2)_32.jpg (57KB, 512x416px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_X_(PS2)_32.jpg
57KB, 512x416px
>God tier soundtrack
>Fantastic characters who all get some nice developments
>Interesting and well put story
>Tidus is the best FF MC
Not even kidding with these. The game is not perfect by any means and I can see the criticism for being SE experimenting with a more linear concept but the they chose the perfect setting and story to accommodate it. The story has some nice twists and turns, even a cartoonishly evil character like Seymour gets a decent backstory and personality that fits his ideals.
Tidus also gets a great arc, going from scared kid hiding behind over-confidence to accepting his place in the world and realizing there are more important things at play.
Jecht and Auron are perfect though.
>>
>>377283071
I'd say people are more commonly attracted to, breasts than they are vaginas. I mean this is all semantical, but I just don't see the point in saying you have a fetish for such a normal thing. You know, I feel like most people who say things like "I have a an ass fetish." are really just saying they're an ass man.
>>
>>377283546
>No FFX-3 of Jecht, Auron and Braska
>>
>>377283546
>Tidus is the best FF MC
memes aside
as much as i want to agree, tidus' quality get better only after he discovered and comes to term that he's gonna die when it's all is resolved. 90% of the time he's just whiny baby
>>
>>377278819
>Firstly, you're on the run, and constantly pushing you straight forward until you reach Gran Pulse is 100% logical in line with the story of the game.

Actually when on the run this is a perfect chance for characters to be controled and go to town to town by the players choice.
Each town gets news about the MCs and there you can get more info about the world they live in as exposition. This has been done in the past but they chose not to because they wanted to make it into a movie than a game.
I hate 13, but this game could salvaged if rehauled in to more of an rpg.
>>
Why would anyone dislike FF9? I feel like if it's not in your top 3 then there's something wrong with you.
>>
>>377281569
character comes back to life after a kiss from a prince or princess. Really sonic took it from the oldest stories in the book.
>>
>>377261143
Spoony is just one of those people who was mindblown upon playing FF7. What with it being his first major game in 3D for him to ever play. In addition to it being one of his first games with an elaborate story from beginning to end.

Not even saying that FF7 is bad. But the above novelty and first impression really plagued his views on all future games to come. Final Fantasy or not. He was absolutely terrible when it came to critiquing games.

I can almost guarantee you that if FF9 or FF8 had been FF7 then he would have jerked it to that game endlessly while instead arguing that FF7 doesn't hold up whenever that was to be released.
>>
>>377283898
I never got that, to be honest. He'd act immature to the party, sure. He'd try to make them laugh because they were all doing this pilgrimage which ended with Yuna dying. He tried to cheer people up, and the jokes he tells before finding out what happens is him not understanding why everyone is so depressed and serious all the time.
You also have the inner monologues that show he is trying to understand this new world, but his personality stops him from being honest with the party, since they are all random people you stumbled into when he was fucking teleported because of a god sized killing machine. I'd say he's earned the right to occasionally bitch about things.
>>
>>377269168
You mean FF7.
>>
>>377284129
Spoony shits on FF7 in his review of 8 though.
>>
I really like Legoman's art of Lulu. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>377283858
Not sure if it would work. FFX already developed what happened in their own pilgramage. Also, while you can see why all three work together, having a 50h game with the three would likely taint the relationship since Auron would spend most of the time calling Jecht a drunk and waste of space.
>>
>>377283945
Gameplay is weak. Too slow even when I made it faster in options. Animations are too long to make stuff like haste worth using. Etc, etc.
Also Zidane and Garnet's romance seems shallow and Freya and Amarant are shafted and feel like clingons at the end.
Ending also seemed needlessly melodramatic (everything after talking to Kuja).
In top 10 FFs but not top 5.
>>
>>377282420
Also if you get Nimrook the Al-Bhed goalie he blocks near every blitzball that comes his way (only ever failed once for me) making it much less hard to get said ultimate weapon, so you should get him ASAP if doing any optional blitzball. Though the storyline fight against the Go-er's is a bit annoying. Hopefully one didn't fuck up getting the Jecht Shot for that one.
>>
>>377283546
>best MC
no that goes to Zidane
Even with his Monkey king rip off his character is unique and stands out far more than tidus.
>character development
really? also no, all characters came out of a cliche comedy romance manga.
Tidus-the over narcissistic motivated MC
Yuna- the most common boring japanese girl
Wakka- the big bro
Kamari-silent violent guy
Auron- old samurai
LuLu- tits
Riku- spunky chick
>>
Goddamn, I feel old now. I remember watching the Spoony Experiment in high school and genuinely enjoying his reviews of Phantasmagoria and TRAX and some other PC games. That was 7 years ago. Holy shit.
>>
File: tidus_blitzball.gif (1B, 486x500px)
tidus_blitzball.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>377284326
>FFX already developed what happened in their own pilgramage.
That and you already know the twist and the corruption of Church of Yevon so there's no real twist for the plot to hinge around.
Still I wouldn't mind seeing the dynamic and relation build up of those three over the course of the pilgrimage. Auron and Jecht's relation definitely grows from the first time him and Braska go to see him and jail to when he volunteers to be the Final Aeon. You can also see some of this with the Jecht spheres.
At the very least it would've been better than X-2 or even worse X-2.5.
>>
>>377284345
>Also Zidane and Garnet's romance seems shallow
I disagree, it had more substance than Yuna and tidus
>>
>>377283546
>>Tidus is the best FF MC

Cecil.
Terra.
Pre-Compilation Cloud.
Zidane.

Even Yuna herself is a better protagonist, when you come to grips with the fact that Tidus isn't even the main character. Yuna is.
>>
>>377284445
Not that guy. But character development is not the same as character growth. Even if character growth may be character development, character development isn't the same thing as character growth.
>>
>>377284541
>Yuna herself is a better protagonist,
ew no, she was a bella before twilight came around.
>>
>>377284541
>FFVI
>Having an MC at all
>Not an ensemble cast
>>
>>377284524
It did have more substance than Tidus and Yuna but that doesn't make the romance good.
>>
>>377284625
but I wasn't talking about growth I just talked about their development to what they were.
>>
>>377261429

>the leveling system is probably the worst idea in rpg games ever

I think you mean "best."

You could spec any character however you wanted. Reminds of SWG pre-NGE (and pre-camp grind for jedi bullshit.)
>>
>>377284656
oh boy here we go again
>>
File: 1444195096412.png (720KB, 719x480px) Image search: [Google]
1444195096412.png
720KB, 719x480px
>>377272596
>>
>>377261143
all final fantasy games are pretty bad.

literally gundam of video games
>>
File: PpHPlpa-3.jpg (358KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PpHPlpa-3.jpg
358KB, 1920x1080px
>>377284849
>>
File: 1494434765088.jpg (114KB, 540x623px) Image search: [Google]
1494434765088.jpg
114KB, 540x623px
>>377281052
>15 is the best
It's not even the best contemporary RPG.
>>
>>377284709
how so? because to have a good romance you need substance, meaning characters have a back and forth and even disagreements with how their personalities clash. Zidane and Garnet play a cat and mouse, at times garnet catches Zidane off his gaurd where no woman could before. Tidus and Yuna, they are together because both being MCs. He would be even closer to being a gay friend than romantic suiter.
>>
>>377284656
It's more like Terra and Celes are joint MCs desu. Edgar, Sabin and Locke are the next most important and the rest could easily be written out of the party.
>>
File: 4-DDS002.jpg (40KB, 544x408px) Image search: [Google]
4-DDS002.jpg
40KB, 544x408px
>>377284779
>You could spec any character however you wanted
Pretty you're talking about Digital Devil Saga senpai.
>>
>>377284656

Yes.
It's an Ensemble cast.
But Terra is still the main protagonist and most important protagonist of the bunch.
>>
File: 1441844522105.gif (3MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
1441844522105.gif
3MB, 420x300px
>>377284902
>>
>>377281052
>XV is the best. XIII, II and XIV are the worst.

I wouldn't knock XIV.
Without it, XV wouldn't have gotten anywhere near as much funding as it did.

You're welcome.
>>
>>377284541
It was never Yuna's story its spelled out to you in the game. The actual story was about Tidus's relationship with Jecht. Yuna was supposed to mirror Tidus in many facets but the end of her quest was inconsequential as Tidus getting to the end of his quest (facing his father) is what saved Spira.
>>
>>377284932
Yes it is.
>>
>>377285021
Mobile funds everything.
>>
File: 1481784992516.gif (2MB, 400x420px) Image search: [Google]
1481784992516.gif
2MB, 400x420px
>>377285073
No it's not
>>
>>377284541
Terra was fucking terrible.
>Cloud is angsty and mopey at first, but grows out of it eventually
>lol such an emo XD
>Terra is angsty and mopey from beginning to end with no change or development
>10/10 my waifu for laifu

I swear to god at least half of the faggots sucking VI's cock don't know anything about it besides muh wicked sense of humour villain and the fact that saying the name makes them fit in with the cool kids.

>>377284656
She is still considered the MC of the game and is used to represent it in other subseries i.e Dissidia
>>
>>377284497
>it would've been better than X-2 or even worse X-2.5.
It's not hard to be better than the dress-up simulator for Yuna, Rikku and not Lulu.
>>
>>377284957
Substance is good but not all their is to romance. Zidane's feelings for her seem to ramp up from somewhat shallow to over the top love without any real reason for him to do so. Pacing of arguably the most important of the romance is poor.
>>
>>377285187
Yes it is.
>>
>>377284902
To be fair he really got fucked over by the localization. I think FF8 is in need of a retranslation more than 7, if only because it would make the game somewhat tolerable.

http://fyeahffviii.tumblr.com/post/72672083380/squall-whatever-leonhart
>>
>>377284902
Someone should do a No way Fag version of squall with whatever fag
>>
File: squall-no-way.png (299KB, 1095x903px) Image search: [Google]
squall-no-way.png
299KB, 1095x903px
>>377285420
>>
File: 1480755263224.gif (4MB, 350x378px) Image search: [Google]
1480755263224.gif
4MB, 350x378px
>>377285373
No it's not.
>>
>>377285196
>>Cloud is angsty and mopey at first, but grows out of it eventually

...Did you even fucking play Final Fantasy VII? Or do you not know what words mean? Because it's one of the two.
I feel like you're basing your entire opinion of the character on how he was in Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>377284541
>First thing you hear in the game
>Tidus saying Listen to my story
I kid though. What works is that both Yuna and Tidus are essential and pretty much one in the same. They need each other to be able to complete their own stories.
>>
>>377285495
The junction system is underrated.
>>
>>377285196
>no change or development

Start of game:
>Scared of everyone
>Hates self
>Doesn't think she'll ever be normal

End of game
>Leads final battle
>Accepts self
>Fights for her loved ones

Saying she doesn't develop is retarded, did you even play the game?
>>
>>377264803
not even just that, some of the dialogue is unskippable
>>
File: 1476357757678.gif (463KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
1476357757678.gif
463KB, 500x279px
>>377284932
>>377285187
>>377285373
>>377285551
what the hell is wrong with you guys, this is /v/, start throwing insults left and right, i'm getting triggered
>>
File: 1480754742363.png (279KB, 450x477px) Image search: [Google]
1480754742363.png
279KB, 450x477px
>>377285694
I'm a fucking nigger faggot with no taste and should kill myself

Is that good enough for you?
>>
>>377285551
>>377285373
Both wrong.
>>
The game genuinely does suck and I can't fathom why people enjoy it so much but to each their own.
>>
>>377285572
Yes he actually was. When he stops playing at being a badass soldier he turns into an emotional wreck.

>>377285673
Yeah and she had to be fucking dragged out to it. But it's okay when she does it because FF6 is the best game ever unlike FF7 which is so overrated and gay and Cloud is such an emo lol
>>
>>377261143
Unpopular opinion but Spoony was always an annoying sperg. His videos had no right to be as long as they were.
>>
>>377285602

I still fondly remember the part where Tidus, after monologing the "This is my story" thing over and over to himself over the course of the game, the first time he says it out loud to the group, he's promptly shut down and told that it's not his story and he needs to stop being so self-centered.

He built himself up for 15 hours only to get his notion torn down in 15 seconds.
>>
>>377285746
much, MUCH better thanks
>>
>>377285337
>Zidane's feelings for her seem to ramp up from somewhat shallow to over the top love without any real reason for him to do so. Pacing of arguably the most important of the romance is poor.

first off that's how romance starts, attraction especially in Zidane character, 2nd you aren't paying attention to the romance if you havent notice it wasn't over the top because zidane acted according to his character. The time he actually knew he loved her was when she became queen. That's when shit got real for him and started over thinking everything.
What was Rushed was Tidus and Yuna.
>>
>>377261143
I think it's probably bottom 3 in the series.
>>
>>377285842
>Yes he actually was. When he stops playing at being a badass soldier he turns into an emotional wreck.

Then don't say "At first"
Because "At first", as in most of the first disk, Cloud was an over-confident, even slightly arrogant prick who thought he was the best there is at everything because Mako is a bitch and his brain got jacked up.
>>
>>377285980
>I think it's probably bottom 3 in the series.

That isn't even possible.
There are 3 Final Fantasy XIII games.
>>
>>377286049
>There are 3 Final Fantasy XIII games.
Your point?
>>
>>377286049
Mainline series. But I wouldn't put it above all 3 13 games. Above one of them maybe.
>>
>>377285842
Dragged into what? Development? At the start of the game she's a pussy, by the World of Ruin she's wants to protect a town of kids. She just thought that watching the kids was more important.
>>
>>377285551
Yes it is.
>>
>>377262131
>story
middling at best
>music
middling at best with few standout themes
>graphics
alright quality, but character designs are mostly horrible, the tropical theme gets sandbagged in five hours and locations all look incredibly drab
>combat
literally, vanilla turn-based, why the fuck do people keep sucking its dick, is it because you can see autistic little icons of your characters on the side of the screen, well, here's a fucking tip for you, atelier games did it before FF10, and they had better combat as well
>progression varieties
wat? you go in a line at first, then min-max everyone for the post-game, even international is the same, since you just choose what set of abilities which skin will have
>cast
the only enjoyable people in the cast are Lulu and Auron, simply for giving little to no fucks. the rest are either annoying pissbabies, which resonates with you at 15, but becomes grating like 2 years after, or horrible assholes, 'boom, like happy fireworks' has to be the worst line of dialogue written for an FF game ever
>>
>>377261143
It's worth a play, and pretty much the last one I played.
>>
>>377277414
If you don't want to watch movies you shouldn't play jrpgs
>>
>>377286395
IS she getting her own DLC?
>>
>>377281079
No. I am literally to intelligent for sphere grid
>>
>>377272596
My nigga.
>>
>>377285943
I just think that's there's a part missing where both characters feelings clearly develop from like to love.
And again, I already said that Zidane and Garnet's romance was better and again, that doesn't make the game top 3 material.
>>
>>377286504
maybe, the devs said they know there is demand for it and are open to doing it but nothing is confirmed yet
>>
>>377286504
No but I think she might show up in Prompto's DLC if you consider the timeframe but maybe just briefly somewhere in the middle.
>>
>>377286548
>I just think that's there's a part missing where both characters feelings clearly develop from like to love.
that was saved for the very end, so I get your frustration on that, but it was just a fairytale book ending.
>>
File: Tidus_&_Yuna-1.jpg (222KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Tidus_&_Yuna-1.jpg
222KB, 1600x1200px
>>377261143
It's my second favorite after VII. I say check it out at least once anyway (the original PS2 version, not the botched HD remaster) and see for yourself if you like it or not.
>>
>>377286657
episode Prompto takes place when the gang are in Tenebrae with Aranea though. she even asked what happened to the 4th guy with you.
>>
>>377261143
it's not very good desu
>>
>>377261143
would it be safe to assume that 7 is now considered the most Casual of RPGS now?
>>
>>377286798
Yeah and the they leave. So Aranea could be like what Cor was in Gladio's dlc but they get. But I'm just making a guess based on how I assume it won't be only Prompto for the entire DLC.
>>
>>377261429
>I didn't play the game, the post
>>
>>377287043
i always pictured maybe ravus would have been in his since both end up in zegnautus by ch13
>>
>>377286985
Final Fantasy in general is and always has been casual as fuck. The only possible exception being Tactics.
>>
Reminder that Sin is back because someone wished for it and Auron had an unwanted child.
>>
>>377287114
He said so himself.
>>
>>377287201

Fuck off, this is /v/.
It's all or nothing here.

Either the entire series is casual or the entire thing is hardcore.
Stop being an indecisive faggot and play to the goddamn narrative.
>>
>>377287281
You started it by saying FF7 is casual. Which is true, but the rest of the series isn't any better.
>>
>>377287328
>You started it by saying FF7 is casual.

That wasn't me.
>>
>>377287153
Maybe but I think he's gonna be in Ignis' dlc since he accepted Noct by that point and may have helped him but I don't remember if Ignis said anything about him when he was revealed to be a gud gouy.
>>
>>377261546

Hes become a complete sperg. I honestly have no idea how he makes money anymore considering the trickle feed of videos he does anymore
>>
File: Teedus.jpg (29KB, 475x343px) Image search: [Google]
Teedus.jpg
29KB, 475x343px
whole game is a fucking chore
>random battles in hallways
>long as fuck animations for every attack so battles take way too goddamn long
>sphere grid is an unwarranted pain in the ass
>menusmenusmenus
no one praising it has played it since they were 13
>>
>>377287447
both ignis and Gladio were surprised Ravus defended Noctis honoru in the ch13v2 scene so i don't think Ignis knew he was good at that point. i want more Aranea and the devs did say they are aware of demand for her but I doubt she'll be in the bros episodes
>>
Honest question here: do you people who like the FFX story read books?
I just cannot get into most vidya stories, but I sure do read fucktons of shitty genre fiction, and I believe them to still be leagues above the low-tier vidya stories in most games
Not even purposefully trying to be elitist
>>
>>377287675
I do and I really like the story in FFX. Not sure what your point was.
>>
>>377265252
>Tidus' narration being more mature in the english version
It's not more mature, he's just talking in a somber tone. The Japanese narration is the same way.
>>
>>377287672
The devs are aware but there's demand for Ardyn, Luna, Ravus, Cor and Aranea DLC. So I think they might make DLCs for some of these characters and put the other ones in on the side like they did with Cor. So I'd say it's more likely Ravus and Aranea will have their own DLC since it's hard to write them into the main character ones.
>>
>>377287868
I don't really have one
I guess I just don't understand how these vidya stories relied through endless, drb cutscenes stretched over 40 hours with litthe advancment in any way can be appealing
>>
>>377288145
i think they'll make ones for the characters that already have battle animations first, ep Gladio used the same animations his AI uses except for a few attacks. There's also aranea, Cor and Iris in the multiplayer thing which is also supposed to have them playable
>>
File: CEwoWGIWAAE5Y4P.jpg (67KB, 600x469px) Image search: [Google]
CEwoWGIWAAE5Y4P.jpg
67KB, 600x469px
Gave us lots of porn though
>>
>>377287675
I read books. Books are almost always better since the book is often the source material. Also I'm not sure how you could avoid comparing two mediums instead of comparing FFX to books.
>>
>>377285415
This site missed a big part of Squall's (...悪かったな). They aren't apologies. He says it or thinks it just to end the conversation. Rinoa gets really pissed at him for it during the Fisherman's Horizon date if you choose the wrong song. "Whatever" fits this tone for some of them.
>>
>>377288201
Different mediums but with something like FFX, the idea of being in a pilgrimage works particularly well by really feeling like you're on this adventure. You go through the hardships so the calm moments you get some character development.
>>
>>377288591
I fucking hate Rinoa.
>>
File: PSOGL2_155.jpg (103KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PSOGL2_155.jpg
103KB, 1024x768px
>>377289036
She's fine.
>>
I liked Chuami.
>>
>>377287362
twas I who said that
>>
>>377287281
>It's all or nothing here.
look at the bad ass
>>
>>377288201
Interactivity. Even if the story and characters in a video game are shit, because you are part of it as a player, the story gets meaningful. It's not really about the content, is about how do you experience and enjoy the content.
>>
>>377289036
Rinoa is bae.
>>
>>377289182

I did too. Her personality is great. She's by far the best girl in FFX. Spira could use another person with a brain besides Auron. I'm definitely convinced she's his daughter.
>>
>>377265667
XIII suffered so much from development hell and a sudden port to the 360 mid development too. I think I read they cut out like 50% of material from the game cuz of time constraints and memory limitations (thanks to 360 multiple discs). This material was later implemented in XIII-2. I bet we were supposed to explore way more locations in the original version of the game, like expanded versions of Bodhum, Palumpolum, Oerba, Eden. You can tell that the amusement park part of the game was rushed as fuck, you have a fuckhuge flashy amusement park and there is NOTHING to explore or do there? I don't buy it.
>>
>>377262131
>Best story
Nope
>Awesome OST
Nope
>Great Graphics
For the time, yes
>Combat system is interesting
Nope
>Progression system is awesome
Nope
>Most of the cast is enjoyable
>Summoning is awesome
These 2 are correct
>>
>>377261143
Spoony definitely was right about one thing, nobody likes Tidus.
>>
>>377290964
Considering the amount of snark in her language, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that were the case.

Were they ever to expand on FFX's story, she should definitely be the main character. Traveling Spira, constantly telling Yevonites how dumb they AND shitting on Yuna? She's a keeper.
>>
>>377262526
>DQ VIII
Trash I dropped after the first dungeon.
>Same battle sound effects from the NES days
>UI system is absolute trash also frozen from 1986
> Equipment system also stuck in a time warp from 1986
>Story not in the least bit interesting
It's Dragon Question 1 where the only thing they touched were the graphics.

>FF XII
The development prequel of FFXV. Story got butchered, Vaan was not supposed to the the main protagonist. Voice acting was flat as shit. Dialog was Shakespearian try-hard. MMO style battle system that plays itself.
>>
>>377293753
>Trash I dropped after the first dungeon.
huh should have kept going, first dungeon was for the old fans
>>
>>377264321
>You can use the airship
You're a funny man anon.

Reality is, FFX is a massive fail. Uninteresting story. Uninteresting setting. Gimped level up system. No begals, armor, customization, crafting. The music, while good, is absolute trash conpared to uematsu's previous work just before 10. (8, because 8 was the real 9)

Zero exploration. Corridor cutscene corridor cutscene, boring aeon maze, corridor, corridor, yawn, cutscene. This game covers it better than 13 but make no mistake about it, 10 is equally trash and limited.

No revisiting MOST areas
No reason to revist areas
No overworld (sad)
No airship flying (pathetic)
No real towns
No true side quest for npcs (into the trash)

X is where things went wrong and unfortunately it sold so well thst it gave square justification to continue making horrible linear trash. 13 was modeled after 10 tit for tat. They thought they would get away with it but
They forgot to add in a few things to mask it for the retards like you

>B-b-but there is explorations. Muh calm lands.
Relative to what we have come to expect from FF, this is a laughably linear.

Which is in snd of itself criminally linear consider FF in general is too linear. So to be under the bar relative to the IP is unforgivable. You arent thing relatively. You stated shitty areas where they allow you to backtrack for once and calo that as your evidence for exploration.. lol no.

Airship? Really now? You go to the pilot and open a shit map and press buttons on the map hoping it allows you to instant warp you to a plafe you already been. Toppest of keks my friend.
Thread posts: 281
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.