[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have never played Assasin's creed and opinions about this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: ac-explore.jpg (44KB, 494x266px) Image search: [Google]
ac-explore.jpg
44KB, 494x266px
I have never played Assasin's creed and opinions about this series seem quite mixed.
For somebody who never played which one should I consider and which should I avoid? I was already recommended to play Black Flag but it must be taken more like just a "pirate adventure" rather than an AC episode
>>
>>377260446
Black Flag and Ezio Trilogy. The rest is pretty much garbage
>>
bump for more
>>
Assassins Creed - not amazing but still a fun game. Doing side activities isn't particularly fun or worth the time so stick to the main missions
Assassins Creed II - possibly the best game in the series. Everything directly improves on the last game
Assassins Creed Brotherhood - if you enjoyed II, you'll enjoy this game.More of the same.
Assassins Creed Revelations - If you really, really liked 2 and Brotherhood then play this game. I personally got tired of the formula at this point

Assassins Creed III - Not very good at all, they changed the formula substantially but can feel incredibly awkward and the plot and characters are pretty bad. If you care about the resolution to Desmond's story then play this, otherwise avoid it.
Assassins Creed IV - Definitely play this game. Isn't really an assassins creed game, but a pirate game in the same setting and same general gameplay.
Assassins Creed Rogue - Pretty much the same as IV in terms of gameplay, but I would argue it's the better of the two. If you enjoyed 4, play this one.

I'd suggest avoiding the later two games, I just didn't think they were any good at all.
>>
>>377260446
All of them; though Syndicate is only good for the Dreadful Crimes, and Black Flag is only good for the setting.

Unity has cool rifts, great combat, the best graphics in the series, and fantastic weapon variety. Don't listen to anyone who tells you to skip it.

Rogue is better than Black Flag.

Liberation HD is worth playing for the setting alone, though it also has one of the best stories and a good main character.
>>
>>377262508
You should also check out AC Chronicles: China. It's the best of the Chronicles games and has, arguably, the most interesting main character of the entire series.

It's a damn shame they gave her an English accent for no reason.
>>
>>377262960
Just like they gave pure British accent in Unity. That was weird as fuck.
>>
>>377263217
>not going with French audio and English subs
I did the same shit with II and Brotherhood.
>>
>>377261020
>t. Chad McNormie
>>
>>377264305
in 2 and Brotherhood at least they tried to put Italian accents to the characters
>>
The only two you should actively avoid like a cloud of airborne AIDS are Syndicate and Assassin's Creed 3. But with AC 3 it's difficult because it actually wraps up Desmond's story (albeit terribly).

Otherwise,
>>377262083
This man has it mostly right.
>>
>>377260446
They're all fucking horrible games. They all follow the Ubishit formula to a T. If you've ever played Far Cry 3 or 4 you've pretty much played AssCreed already.
You have been warned.
>>
>>377262083
Black Flag somehow being a hidden gem among the shitty Assassin's Creed games is the biggest crock of shit on this website.
It plays the same as the rest of them except now you have to sit on a boat for five minutes every time you want to go somewhere.
>>
>>377264836
why is Syndicate so hated? I haven't played it but it seems that everyone hates it here.
>>
>>377264836
AC III is great, turbopleb.
>only AC with somewhat realistic fast travel
>Haytham
>interesting setting
>brutal combat
>Homestead missions
>fun naval missions that don't overstay their welcome
>>
>>377265090
It's absolute shit aside from the murder mysteries.
>Mary Sue main character
>only one Helix Rift, and it also contains an annoying female
>worst combat in the series
>it literally has a fucking combo indicator
>worst weapon variety in the series
>terrible setting for freerunning
>hood is tied to crouching
>story is shit, along with the villains
>one of your questgiver people is a dyke in men's clothing
>carriages
>>
>Story
II > Brotherhood > IV > Revelations > Rogue > Syndicate > 1 > III > Unity

>Climbing
Revelations > Unity > III (trees) > the rest

>Combat
Unity > Brotherhood > 1 > the rest (melee) > the rest (guns)

>World/Environment
Brotherhood > II > III (frontier) > IV > Syndicate > Revelations > Rogue > Unity > III (cities) > 1
>>
>>377265093
More power to you if you liked it, but you're the statistical outlier.

Connor ends up getting cucked and dying alone in a shed
>>
>>377265350
>not mentioning marxist propaganda.
>>
>>377264976
It's worse than that.
>brimming with tailing and eavesdropping missions
>the clusterfuck that is every ship boarding
>story is shit - muh Sage
>unlockable armor is just the same shit from AC III
>>
I'm casual as fuck and here's my breakdown:

AC 4 (Black Flag) was my favorite. Good story, love the beautiful Caribbean scenes, sea battles are fun.

I only played a few hours of Rogue and it felt very similar to 4, except the game was buggy for me. I was unable to run to jump from branch to branch to continue the tutorial sequence.

AC Unity is pretty good, I liked the setting of the French revolution too. Gameplay is like 3 and 4.

AC 3 is to me a solid AC game. This was my introduction to AC. You get the participate in various parts of the American revolution.

I tried to play AC 1 and it was fun, but the controls were sluggish.

I also got AC Chronicles China, which is a slim-down side-scrolling sort of AC. It's not really an AC game, but it's fun enough if you like it.
>>
>>377265571
Oh yeah, and the Assassins are besties with Karl Marx.

Also, Evie gets a really awkward, forced romance with Pajeet.
>>
>>377265557
3's combat is a literal upgrade to brotherhoods
>>
>>377265557
Unity really did have the worst story. But I'm going to have to disagree on Paris being a worse setting than an industrialized England.
>>
>>377265093
How's the DLC where Washigton turns evil?
>>
>>377265558
I'm still pissed that he and Aveline didn't end up together.
>>
>>377265752
I am a sucker for trains.
>>
>>377265779
Fucking terrible. Avoid. It adds nothing new and is tedious to boot.
>>
>>377265813
Should have ended up with that chick follower you get who actually insinuates she's interested in Connor.
>>
>>377260446
I have recently played (consecutively)
Assassin's Creed.
Assassin's Creed II.
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
Assassin's Creed Revelations.
Assassin's Creed III.
Assassin's Creed Liberation.
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag.
Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry.
Assassin's Creed Rogue.
Assassin's Creed Unity.
Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

I love these games and I can't wait for the next.
>>
>>377265779
I never played it, since it nor the season pass have been discounted since release (on PS3).

Eventually, I'll probably get it. I do like the idea of alternate timelines in the AC universe.
>>
>>377265953
I really liked those guys. They were so much better than the generic hooded npcs of Brotherhood and Revelations.
>>
>>377265975
>love Syndicate
Neck yourself.

More people should try Freedom Cry. I enjoyed it way more than Black Flag.
>>
>AC1

Feels like an interesting tech demo

>AC2

The full game that AC1 meant to be. A legitimately fun action adventure game that's definitely worth playing

>Black Flag

A fun pirate game with annoying assassin shit shoved in

>Every other game in the series

Either AC2 in a different location or AC2 but worse
>>
>Black Flag
I still get chills for the mission when you steal the Jackdaw ship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FXgEbaNCfA

I like BF also for the fact that it softens the tones making it less "dramatic" and more like just a epic pirate adventure, I guess also that Ubisoft was starting to be aware of the fact that the plot was getting boring.
>>
>people actually praising ACIV for anything but the setting
Every fucking AC thread. You people are morons.
>>
>>377266378
>AC1 Feels like an interesting tech demo
this
>>
Everything after AC4 is garbage. Hell, even AC4 didn't even feel like an AC game, just a stupid pirate simulator.
>>
>>377260446
The only one's I liked were AC1, 2, revelations, and 3. lll also had a great combat and a tragic story.
>>
>>377265953
>>377265813
>>377265558
Man, I must be the one that actually liked Connor. His story was pretty sad, and inspiring with his constant dedication to the order(unlike some other italian autismo) and doing the right thing. Also like his stern, but soft attitude when it came to talking with people who thought he was friends with. Fuck, do I miss the combat in that game.
>>
>>377268753
Spoken like a true shitter.

Freedom Cry, Rogue, and Unity are far superior to Black Flag.
>>
>>377269221
I also like Connor. He and Adewale are my favorite male Assassins. Both have very satisfying, brutal combat styles.
>>
>>377260446
ACII+Brotherhood and IV. If you want more, play Rogue, Unity, and Syndicate with Japaneseā„¢ voices.
>>
>>377269631
>actually recommending Syndicate
see
>>377265350
>>
>>377269721
also
>>377265571
>>377265678
>>
>>377264460
Chads blindly buy all of them you fucking mongol
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.