[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I've been looking at some videos of pic related and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Ur-Quan Kzer-Za.gif (84KB, 485x213px) Image search: [Google]
Ur-Quan Kzer-Za.gif
84KB, 485x213px
So, I've been looking at some videos of pic related and both the writing and world building seem to be top notch. Is it worth a playthrough?
>>
yes. I played star control 2 for the first time last summer and loved it. I would suggest using a guide though because you can make the game unwinable if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>377258004
also interested in this
>>
It's free, so there's no good reason not to at least try it out.
>>
>>377258487

The aliens are pretty much all unique and it doesn't have a lame moral system but a alpha protocol style thing where you learn a race's specifics to manipulate them into doing what you want.
>>
Yeah, it's still a fantastic game plus one hefty spoilery flaw I won't get into.
Be sure to play the URQAN masters version. The 3DO movies are ugly as fuck, I don't know why everyone recommends to download them as well.
>>
>>377258779
forgot the link
http://sc2.sourceforge.net/
>>
>>377258895
How different is this from the original? I prefer to try out the vanilla game before playing a mod/remake/source port
>>
>>377259217
http://wiki.uqm.stack.nl/Version_Comparison
>>
File: them.jpg (138KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
them.jpg
138KB, 800x800px
>>377258004
Yes. Don't be a *silly cow* and play it already.
>>
File: 1464153045842.png (154KB, 901x766px) Image search: [Google]
1464153045842.png
154KB, 901x766px
Do I just suck at this? I have a lot of trouble getting enough resources to travel any significant distance or upgrade my ship properly. I already fully explored the solar system and closest stars and I think I'm pretty much stuck.
>>
I played it in the 90s and again a few years ago.

Legitimately one of the best games ever made and everyone owes it to themselves to play it.

Sc3 was a travesty sadly
>>
>>377259636
I don't know if your version has this bug, but you can sell Landers infinitely and get as many credits as needed
>>
>>377259217
The 3DO version is objectively better, and not in a "I post on /v/" way - actually objectively. I played both as a kid and as an adult. It's my favorite game of all time.

UQM is just the 3DO version with some bugfixes, so go for it for sure. It's THE version to play.
>>
>>377259636
goto Alpha Ptolemae
>>
>>377259217
Oh, I forgot to mention. I think there's an up-res version somewhere with disgusting vectory redraws of all the art. Stay away at all costs.
>>
>>377259402
>>377260065
Alright, this looks like a straight improvement. I'll make sure to get the voice packs too

>>377260193
I try to avoid stuff that takes away from the original feeling, so I'll do as you say
>>
File: Star-Control-2.jpg (945KB, 2231x2652px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Control-2.jpg
945KB, 2231x2652px
Did this game have a copy protection scheme? What was it like?
>>
>>377259636
It's not forgiving. In those days you tended to play these kinds of games until you got stuck and then you tried again, learning the rules along the way. The only advice I'd give is, don't fuck around for too long. You have time, so don't rush, but the game progresses without telling you. Basically, don't fall into the pattern of scouring every system and planet you find. Just loot the valuable planets and follow story leads. You will probably get fucked and restart a few times.
>>
>>377260379
It's not as bad as you remember. The game gave you plenty of time to get everything done. Don't try to systematically explore every star but you should absolutely pursue leads and stop by systems to collect resources and biological data
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.