[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? Say what you want about the first outlast but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: outlast2-1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
outlast2-1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What went wrong?

Say what you want about the first outlast but at least it was competent at being a horror game. It's like they forgot how to make something scary.
>>
>OL
>scary
this is what Jewdiepie generation believes?
>>
I thought it handled the rape repression fairly well without being all ohh look shocking, but the game felt so on rails that you were never really in danger. The the religious Christian nuts has also been done so many times, when all you have to do is look eastward to see the real horror
>>
>>377254910
Well, it scared me, unlike the second one.
Unlike the seconfd one it started somewhat normal and things got progressively worse which is kinda how horror works.
>>
>>377254659
They tried to capture lightning twice.
Except this time with more sex lingo.
>>
>>377254659
It was too much chase scene not enough tension building
>>
They wanted it to be a movie-game, for some reason. Fuck knows.
>>
>>377256858
You use the endless amount of hiding spots like at best twice through out the entire game.
>>
It feels like they thought that the more horror elements they added to the game they scarier the final result would be.
>Crazy cults are scary, let's have two of them.
>Let's also have a midget riding a tall guy because why not?
>Being chased by some crazy redneck is pretty fucking spooky, we should make sure the player is constantly running away from something 90% of the time because fuck tension.
>But wait, we forgot to add supernatural elements!
>Haunted lake
>Blood rain
>Crazy hallucinations that take place in his school. It also counts as psychological horror so check that one off the list too.
>The first game started relatively normal and got progressively worse, what about this one?
>I know let's have some crazy woman chop the protagonist's dick off with a pickaxe, also make sure there is no fucking way the player can see it coming so they die at least once. What's the point of death animations if the player doesn't get to see them?
>What a great idea. We should make sure that the player dies a bunch of times during the game. because in no way constantly dying breaks the player's immersion and make the game even less scary.
Also I would really like to know the percentage of the players that didn't die to the woman with the pickaxe near the start of the game. I'd wager it's less than 1%.
>>
When's DLC?
>>
They should've made the whole game about the school
>>
>>377260006
And kept the rape dialog.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.