[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /v/ ignore this game? It's easily my GOTY (and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5684.jpg (90KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5684.jpg
90KB, 460x215px
How does /v/ ignore this game? It's easily my GOTY (and dare I say it, Game of the decade).

Hollow knight thread
>>
>>377253952
>tfw /v/ ignores amazing games to shitpost
>>
this or dead cells??
>>
>ignores

wtf people wont stfu about how great this game is to the point that ive already written it off
>>
>>377253952
I bought it months ago and i lost completely my interest in it.
The beginning of the game is just fine but later on the enemies and bosses start having ridiculous amounts of health and the game don't increase anything on the combat besides a stupid and not worth the souls you spend on it projectile attack. I play games to have fun and feel challenged not frustrated.
>>
>>377253952
Because while decent it's not particularly outstanding in any way.
>>
>>377253952
Played 2 hours and didn't care for it afterwards. It's generic indie trash and I think that Metroid 2 fan game released last year kept me more interested.
>>
if /v/ ignores the game, it's probably good.
>>
i decided the main character looks boring and i dont want to play a boring character

literally a white circle with 2 black circles and horns
>>
>>377253952
>It's easily my GOTY (and dare I say it, Game of the decade).
I feel bad for you, anon
>>
>>377253952
This game had constant threads the month that it was out, if not longer, will mostly positive comments.

But now that that period is over /v/ will pretend it's bad or uninteresting now, because this board is trash
>>
>>377255409
>There's no weapon damage upgrade
The 3rd area the game directs you to has a blacksmith. Did you actually have trouble with hornet or something?
>>
File: 1476739284188.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476739284188.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>377255936
>>377255698
>>377255631
>>377255409
>>377254934
When did /v/ become this abysmal?
>>
There isn't much to talk about so of course you won't see threads about it anymore. When it launched there were plenty of threads 24/7.
The overall opinion has been positive and I personally agree that it's a nice game. The atmosphere is great and the levels actually vary in design a ton. Combat can get a bit repetitive but that's just the fault of the genre
>>
>>377253952
Very fun, 100%'d it recently. Would play again, up there with SotN and Super Metroid.
>>
this shit was all over /v/ during march where have you been
>>
>>377253952
Where have you been faggot? We had tonns of threads about it.
>>
could you please put "hollow knight" somewhere in your post so the wordfilter catches it?

thanks
>>
I mean just looking at the catalog you can clearly see this board has been getting very swiftly more and more awful, to the point where 99% of the threads are shitposting or not related to video games
Don't expect to see real video game threads anymore, OP, Reddit has taken over
>>
>>377253952
I loved it, I went into it with zero expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

Reasons /v/ doesn't talk about it:
>not enough waifus
>not a console exclusive
>nothing political to shitpost about
>developer isn't famous/infamous
>hasn't been LP'd or reviewed by any big e-celebs (so people who don't play video games can't pretend to be knowledgeable about it)
>>
Is anyone else irritated with the map system, or is it just me?

I love this genre, but mindlessly searching for the cartographer then backtracking is annoying
>>
I played it for 3 hours, dropped it. Levels have no flow and you are expected to just mindlessly go everywhere till you find the fuck with the map. The combat is really boring and way too simple.
>>
>>377253952
I'm buying this tomorrow
>>
>>377256310
>it have blacksmith
That couldn't be more simple than already is. You pay him the first time and the second you have to bring him an item. It's just a damage upgrade that don't make half of the difference it should. Enemies and bosses still have way too much health for how tough they get to beat with the player having to memorize perfectly attack patterns.
>>
File: chrome_2017-05-18_02-53-18.png (63KB, 343x333px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-05-18_02-53-18.png
63KB, 343x333px
>>
>>377253952
for the longest time I thought this was the prequel to shovel knight. I felt pretty stupid when I realized my mistake.
>>
>Story lifted verbatim from Dark Souls
>Shocking level design
>Music in certain areas are incredibly counter productive to the atmosphere the art and dialogue was trying to convey
>Most music is incredibly mediocre
I remember there was something about movement that annoyed me to no end but I can't remember what it was

>Boss design was pretty good and supplemented the simple combat in a way that expanded its straightforwardness
>>
So is /v/ once again scamming me or does this get better? About an hour in, and it looks great and sounds nice, but it isn't fun at all. The jumping arc is awful, the hit pause is WAY too obstructive when you get hurt, and I haven't any mechanics that set it apart from other platformers.

Do people only like this for the graphics and atmosphere or am I being impatient? Modern platformers like Shovel Knight and Dead Cells sucked me right in
>>
>>377253952
Because it looks like a game I'd like to chill with on a handheld. So unless there's a PSN sale, I'm waiting for the Switch version.
>>
>>377254728

Both.
>>
>>377256465
Goobergate and the 2016 election
>>
>>377253952
Great game.
Any news on DLC?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABXga9y0B3I

best track?
>>
>>377254728
Both bro.
>>
>>377253952
it's bloodborne for pc
>>
>>377259395
Don't forget TORtanic and the Shazbowl.
>>
>>377256465
>GOD people DISAGREE WITH MY OPINION, this site fucking SUCKS!!!!
>>
>>377256273
The threads died out because they stopped paying the shills.
>>
>>377253952
زرقها
>>
>>377253952

/v/ didn't ignore it.

There was always a thread for like, the first 2 weeks after it was released.
>>
>>377259657

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbDkU65pJNQ

None of the tracks really stand out as *spectacular*, but they are all pretty great ambient tracks.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1456318908481.jpg (53KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1456318908481.jpg
53KB, 600x600px
>>377256273
How do we get rid of all the shitposters? Tired of not being able to talk about games here.

At least the hate back in the day was just pure unbridled rage so it was at least entertaining, now its just cynical jaded shitposting and /pol/ crossboard retards and its grating to read through.
>>
>>377253952
I'm waiting for it to be released on the Switch, so I can play comfy in my bed.
>>
>>377259965
Except he wrote off the game because people talked about it a lot.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.