[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>considered the greatest game of all time >you basicly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (228KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
228KB, 1280x720px
>considered the greatest game of all time
>you basicly just press A to win
>>
>you LITERALLY only have to manually press buttons to overcome the game's challenges
Shit game.
>>
File: 1489040843706.jpg (104KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
1489040843706.jpg
104KB, 449x642px
>>377243520
It's mainly the greatest game for autists and retards who don't know a good time travel story that wouldn't collapse in on itself within the first 20 minutes.

The game overall is at most a 7.8-8 at best, but there are better ones. Art and the idea was great for the time. I still like it however.
>>
>>377243520
The story is literally the only reason why this game got so incredibly popular. And Toriyama's art, maybe.

The gameplay is cool but nothing ground-breaking
>>
>>377243787
>>377244149
Its the OST that still makes the game one of the greatest ever
>>
File: 1479253322306.png (263KB, 578x790px) Image search: [Google]
1479253322306.png
263KB, 578x790px
>>377245141
No, that makes it one of the greatest sound-tracks for a video game. How does the music make plot and gameplay?

Although, the soundtrack is definitely pic related.
>>
>FPS considered a fun genre
you literally just have to click your mouse to win
>>
>>377245617
Are soundtrack and sound design--and by extension, atmosphere--not factors in the overall quality of the game?
>>
Just played this for the first time a month ago, I liked it but it had some legitimately terrible bosses
>>
its the combination of multiple factors that make the game lauded
pretty well paced
engaging story and characters
incredible soundtrack
detailed and distinctive art
and a great rpg battle system for its time

it's not all about the gameplay buddy, it's about the whole package
>>
>>377243787
>a good time travel story
Please list games with good time travel stories.
>>
>>377245617

Why is plot part of the game but not music
>>
>>377245813
>>377246208

For a game like Chrono Trigger? It can set the tone and feel of the moment, but it's not really atmospheric as you think.

It's one of the factors leading to the whole package, but the most important things about a JRPG is the battle system and plot. I've played tons of good jrpgs with completely forgettable music or ones that never hit the tone correctly, and vice versa.

Just ask yourself, can you play the game on mute (or just with the sound effects) and still get the same level of enjoyment out of it?

>>377246004
Timesplitters 2 / Future Perfect
LOZ: Ocarina of Time
Radiant Historia

A few off the top of my head.
>>
>>377246454
Those 3 are good stories but CT is not? I won't even bother asking this time.
>>
>>377246684
Chrono Trigger has many paradoxes that are not explained within it's own universe which make it retarded. At least it's attempted with in these games.

Look at these to get an idea of what I mean. People can only theorycraft what they are going for, however for a simple plot, it kinda makes everything stupid. All they had to do was say the pendant was a tool that would keep the party outside the reaches of time or some bullshit but they didn't.

https://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Marle_Paradox_(Reasons_for).html

https://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Guardia_Line_Paradox_(Reasons_for).html

Again, good game, plot while interesting doesn't make much sense.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.