[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finished the prologue of this piece of shit and found it very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Steins;Gate.full.274971.jpg (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Steins;Gate.full.274971.jpg
1MB, 1280x960px
I finished the prologue of this piece of shit and found it very unengaging.
>main character has EXTREEEEEME autism
>dumb girl has normal autism
>slowly drags on until some bitch I don't care about dies
I couldn't make it past where I left off because it just kept turning me off.
Does this even get good?
>>
>>377241441
Getting bored so fast? Maybe Visual Novels aren't for you.
>>
>>377241441
You're the autistic one
>>
>>377241441
No . Drop it
>>
>>377241441
If you can't even make it to the initial plot hook then don't bother with it.
>>
>>377241537
If it makes a difference, I LOOOOOVE Ace Attorney/Shu Takumi games and 999/VLR.
>>
>>377241749
It picks up really hard once the plot kicks in and Okabe starts fucking with things he shouldn't. From there it doesn't slow down a bit. There's a lot of suffering and Okabe goes through significant character development, so if you hate his personality now, it's entirely possible he grows on you later. His retarded chuuni behavior isn't something that's ignored by the plot.

However, the AA and VLR games aren't like traditional visual novels. They don't really have routes dedicated to a specific character while inter-spaced with slice of life segments that act to distract you from the oncoming plot bat aimed at your knees.

So keep going, but if the obvious sci-fi elements don't grab your interest then it might just not be for you. It's a good first VN for what it's worth.
>>
>>377241441

>prologue

S;G is sort of a slow burner. Its first half is all characterization and setup, then the second half kicks into gear and hits you HARD. It definitely asks for your patience and it certainly does help to be tolerant of anime stereotypes but it definitely goes somewhere.
>>
>>377241441
Yeah, the story really does take a time to build up. The first few chapters are essentially dedicated to character introductions.

But when the shit hits the fan, it doesn't fuck around.
>>
>>377241749
>In Japanese terminology, a distinction is often made between visual novels (abbreviated NVL, derived from visual NoVeL), which consist predominantly of narration and have very few interactive elements, and adventure games (abbreviated AVG, or ADV derived from ADVenture), a form of adventure game which may incorporate problem-solving and other types of gameplay. This distinction is normally lost outside Japan, where both NVLs and ADVs are commonly referred to as "visual novels" by international fans. Visual novels and ADVs are especially prevalent in Japan, where they made up nearly 70% of the PC game titles released in 2006
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.