[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MGS1>MGS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MGS5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: Metal_Gear_Solid_Integral.png (213KB, 368x350px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Gear_Solid_Integral.png
213KB, 368x350px
MGS1>MGS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MGS5

The gameplay in the other games are so boring I can't finish them.
>>
>implying MGS2's gameplay isn't the more refined MGS1
>>
>>377240809
get meds.

MGS3 => PW => 1 > 4 > GZ > MGR > MG2 > 2 > PO > MG1

>>377240939
It really is not.
It's raped.
>>
>>377240939
I should say it's mostly the area and look of the game that bores me in 2 I'm trying to play it now.. But 4 and peace walker are just crappy.
>>
>>377240809
Eh. MGS1 is a bit too simple and easy, and the pacing is pretty ass.
There is an elegance to simplicity, but I'm not sure if that is an especially good thing when it comes to this type of genre.
>>
>>377240939
I really didn't like the bomb section, and the bosses were worse.
>>
>>377241169
MGS1 has the perfect balance, pacing and length for a game like this. It's one reason it's still the cornerstone of the whole series.
>>
File: mgs3.jpg (36KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
mgs3.jpg
36KB, 250x353px
>worse bosses than MGS2
>worse gameplay than MGS2
>worse performance than MGS2
>worse story than MGS2
>worse themes/artistry than MGS2

The only people who think this game is worth any time are people like Bunnyhop who think MGS2 is just some super impenetrable and controversial game instead of it just being a very thoughtful art-game that the critics liked a lot more.
>>
>>377241363
Everything you just wrote there tells me you're an underaged GenZ Raiden fangirl, who recently saw some e-celebs video stating that "mgs2 is post modern art!!"

MGS3 improved EVERY single detail from MGS2.
>>
>>377241496
Fact: Volgin and The Boss are terrible and janky.
Fact: The End is a trivial and overrated bossfight that becomes a joke the second you put on thermal goggles.
Fact: level layouts are less intricately designed leading to most stealth "gameplay" being menu-camo switching.
Fact: Snake Eater was 30 to sub-30 on PS2.
Fact: Snake Eater is a crowd-pleasing copy of MGS1 because Kojima was originally not even going to make it.
>>
>>377241330
Not really. Stealth is more or less just "run behind people", the backtracking is just boring and along with the tiny levels it kills the pacing a lot(granted the same can be said for the long as fuck cutscenes in the later games, hell it's even a bit of a problem in the first). A stealth game is often only as good as it's complexity and the amount of ways you can sneak past people, and there isn't a whole lot of sneaking going on in MGS1. Just running behind people's backs.
>>
Sahelanthropus was the best boss fight.
>>
File: 1478998902711.gif (124KB, 280x271px) Image search: [Google]
1478998902711.gif
124KB, 280x271px
>>377241496
>Everything you just wrote there tells me you're an underaged GenZ Big Boss fangirl, who recently got on the hype because all the newer games have Biggu Bossu
>>
>>377241363
>worse bosses than MGS2
Not really. MGS2 bosses aren't all that amazing. I would say they are on par.
>worse gameplay than MGS2
I guess it depends on if you like more open ended sneaking instead of more tighter but simpler sneaking.
>worse performance than MGS2
That's kinda irrelevant these days.
>worse story than MGS2
No.
>worse themes/artistry than MGS2
Themes. Sure, artistry, no.
>>
File: 1472247713981.gif (4MB, 700x298px) Image search: [Google]
1472247713981.gif
4MB, 700x298px
>>377241918
>>
>>377242204
>MGS2 bosses aren't all that amazing.
Agreed and 1 has the best in the series. But 2's bosses at least work well, mechanically. 3's rarely do work in an elegant way and instead result in a lot of jank. Like getting in and out of the water for The Pain.
>I guess it depends on if you like more open ended sneaking instead of more tighter but simpler sneaking.
Yes but I really, genuinely do hate the menus.
>>
Snake eater is just switching camos and lying in grass : the game

MGS2 is the superior game, and it also feels like a direct sequel to the first game
>>
OP here. Can't get to Strut E helipad in 400 secs. Colnels on my ass.
>>
>>377242561
get the lube.
>>
>>377242350
>But 2's bosses at least work well, mechanically. 3's rarely do work in an elegant way and instead result in a lot of jank.
Maybe a bit, but some are pretty wonky in their own right. Fatman is so easy it's kinda pointless, you just have to socom him a few times and he falls over and is 100% venerable, Harrier is just the heli boss fight from MGS1, If you have a Grenade Launcher Vamp boss fight is over in like 3 seconds.
>>
>>377242831
Fatman's boss fight isn't hard but it's at least fun.
The Harrier is meh, yeah; just like the Hind. STILL BETTER than the Shagohod.
I'll take your word regarding Vamp. But I'd rather have bosses that have exploits rather than bosses like Volgin and The Boss that operate on rather obtuse, clumsy mechanics; or a boss like The Fury which is just a thoroughly boring fight.
>>
Why is nobody mentioning the Skulls? Those bastards are fucking fun. Even more so in EXTREME.
>>
>>377243076
Fair enough. I guess in a way the boss fights are a lot like the sneaking, one is tighter but simpler, while the other is more open ended and gives you more tools and strategies to work with.
>>
>>377241696
>my shit opinions are "facts"
wew, you sure show'd me!

>>377241750
>backtracking
you ADHD people need to get meds already.
>>
>>377243745
good arguments!
>>
>>377243745
>you ADHD people need to get meds already.
Not everyone has autism and likes doing repetitive tasks anon.
>>
>>377243793
Not an argument.

>>377244191
>waah! this simple and short game is not linear enough for me!
t: (You).
>>
>>377244580
>wew, you sure show'd me!
Isn't an argument either.
>>
>>377244870
neither are your opinions "facts".
>>
>>377244580
>waah! this simple and short game is not linear enough for me!
This might blow your mind anon but most people don't find it particularly fun to go though the same areas over and over again with no changes to them and the only motivation for doing so is "we need to make the game longer and we are too behind schedule to make something fun".
>>
>>377245206
Not even that guy, and only "facts" 1 and 2 of that post are opinions.
>>
>>377245571
>This might blow your mind anon but most people don't find it particularly fun to go though the same areas over and over again
Yeah, I've noticed this trend in the modern Xbots who've gotten too used to pipe-running linear shit like CoD. It's leaking into every single genre nowadays and ruining fucking everything. Dear god when people like you end up playing an oldschool survival horror game like RE1, where you're tasked to run around in more or less non-linear building for several hours.

you are literally crying about having to expose yourself to known dangers by spend two minutes going back to a store room and back, in a sub-5h game. That my friend, is pathetic.
>>
>>377241363
Literally everything you just said is wrong. MGS3 beats 2 in every single one of those categories.
>>
ugh you assholes are such killjoys, luckily there's another mgs thread.

so long faggots.
>>
>>377245643
You're right. His list is nothing but opinions and literal non-issues.
>>
>>377240939
>implying MGS2's gameplay isn't the more refined MGS1

it's crippled by intentionally bad level design
>>
>>377245910
Nigger I fucking love all the classic-style RE games, hell I'm playing through CV right now, but those games are built around backtracking and have the mechanics to support them. MGS does not. Thus it's tedious and boring as fuck. It was just a lazy excuse to make the game a bit longer.
>>
>>377246307
>but those games are built around backtracking and have the mechanics to support them. MGS does not.
How does it not? Heck, it's almost a 1:1 copy of MG2:SS, which has you moving back and forth the same areas, looking for clues and key items to access new areas. Or how about MG1, which was like a top-down stealth-Metroidvania?

Like said: you're throwing up a tantrum because of ONE (1) short section in a very short game, making it clear that you hate exploration.

That is known as double standards.
>>
>>377246090
Just stop being bad at the game.
>>
File: 1370796046462.gif (897KB, 240x136px) Image search: [Google]
1370796046462.gif
897KB, 240x136px
>>377246731
>Just stop being bad at the game.

the level design is out of my hands. Not to mention with the fucking node system of MGS2 you have no idea where anyone/anything is in the fucking struts
>>
>>377246886
>Not to mention with the fucking node system of MGS2 you have no idea where anyone/anything is in the fucking struts
As I said, stop being bad at the game. The nodes are easy to reach, you must have a really hard time with the game if you can't get to them immediately without relying on the radar.
>>
>>377246886
lean on walls to peak
and use the sensor that makes the controller vibrate
>>
>>377247251
the hard part is being caught by a guard you have no idea was there

MGS2 was so bad in many aspects (Raiden, plot, ending, bosses, level design) that I only played it once

>>377247375
vibrator is busted
>>
>>377246634
>How does it not?
How does it? The maps don't change, all the enemy placements are the same and your actions have no impact on the area, and they are just badly structured, like that climb over Metal Gear when you have to do the keycards. You have to go down like three ladders in a short succession, and you have to do it like 6+ times.
The zombies in the RE games are generally pretty dangerous since you want to be saving ammo and that makes running through each area a major event, but if you find yourself running through the same area a lot you can spend the resources to kill the zombies and get by easier. Not to mention there are shortcuts, the level design is better suited for it, and with the limited saves even though you are running through the same area it still keeps you at your toes since a death usually sets you back a bit.
>Like said: you're throwing up a tantrum because of ONE (1) short section in a very short game, making it clear that you hate exploration.
I wasn't. I just mentioned it as a factor for making the pacing a bit shit in MGS before you got all triggered and started calling me a ADHD tard triggering me.
>>
>>377247558
>The maps don't change,
The point of exploration / backtracking is that the layouts don't change, but the contents within them do. And there is small but very present changes all the time, like when you go fetch the PSG-1, the inner yard and the tank hangar got new guards, sentries, mines, etc.

>the ladders
oh right, the last 1/6th of the game has you going back to previous areas, TWICE. Totally horrible.

>The zombies in the RE games are generally pretty dangerous since you want to be saving ammo and that makes running through each area a major event
You're maybe the first person to make RE zombies a big deal. I would almost understand REmake and if it'd be your first RE game ever, but especially in 2 and 3, you just blast 'em out of the way.

And again, I'm not seeing this big difference. No matter how much better gear you get later on, an alarm can cause huge hassle and ruin your game in seconds.

>I just mentioned it as a factor for making the pacing a bit shit in MGS before you got all triggered and started calling me a ADHD tard triggering me.
When you hear people complain about literal couple minutes in a sortass game for the 30th time, a scene I've never heard anyone complain IRL before, I start to expect either same-fagging or our generation going to gutter faster than ever before
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.