[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be playing this for the first time since it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

I'm going to be playing this for the first time since it came out. What mods and other things do you recommend to immerse myself in this world? I want something that will hold my interest for a long time.

Also, New Vegas thread I guess.
>>
uninstall.exe

best thing bout any bethseda game.
>>
>>377238303
Just install the game and all of it's dlc, no mods for the first playthru.

Play on normal, at harder difficulties, the enemies just become bullet sponges, it isn't harder in the slightest, just annoying, and NV has the best balancing in the series

Turn on Hardcore mode

Last, but not least, go to Lonesome Road after you're done with Primm. Don't be turned off by the difficulty curve, trust me, it's worth it in the end, and you will come back there at the end of the game, anyways
>>
>>377238303
http://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas
https://pastebin.com/u29WKkGy

>>377239020
Work on that reading comprehension anon.
>>
jsawyer ultimate and yukichigai, play on hardcore or you're a fag
>>
>>377239354
>Work on that reading comprehension anon.
That should go for you, anon. I answered his question, vanilla with mods is the best for the first playhtru
>>
>>377238303
Do everything >>377239020 said in the first two lines of his post.
>>
>>377239743
Fuck you, Lonesome Road offers you all the goodies the game should have had to begin with, and gives you a nice exp boost on top of that

If you don't play with hardcore mode on, go back to playing fallout 3, it's that simple
>>
File: Mirelurk_king (1).png (711KB, 487x747px) Image search: [Google]
Mirelurk_king (1).png
711KB, 487x747px
Was this travesty ever explained?
>>
File: 1488241091517.png (362KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488241091517.png
362KB, 800x500px
*gets betrayed by lieutenant*
>>
>>377239474
Should I get Xporc 5.1 or Jsawyer 5.1?
>>
>>377240625
Radiation
>>
>>377238303
Not sure about immersion, but if you have F3 and all the DLC, you can download TTW and have 2 games in one, that will keep you in for a long time, guaranteed

Also, I find that one mod that lets you loot containers and bodies without going into the menu, a la fallout 4, to be maximum comfy when looting.

Search on nexus on what interests you, play around with the geck to make things just right
>>
>>377240625
Somehow, somewhere in Fallout 3, the differences between Mirelurks and Mirelurk Kings was somehow, some way, that the Kings were mutated from Turtles. Whereas, the Mirelurks were just regular crabs and Horseshoe-crabs mutated together. Why these three kinds of animals get all cozy is never explained. Nor is it explained why the Kings and the rank-and-file Mirelurks share breeding space, unless there is an implicit ant-analogy with the titles like Mirelurk, Mirelurk Hunter and Mirelurk King. Like, they're all the same stock but develop differently depending on their station in the "colony."

If you hold onto the notion that Mirelurk Kings are somehow turtle mutants, then they CAN be on either side of the country, given the same ingredients and all that. You can't have Mirelurks and Mirelurk Hunters in the Mojave because they're descended from strictly Atlantic Coast, Delawarean sea-bugs.

That all being said, the real reason is "Bethesda gave Obsidian all their toys and they didn't want to ave to come up with new models and animations on their monetary and temporal budget."
>>
>>377239020
>Don't be turned off by the difficulty curve

Going to Lonesome road just after Primm means getting one shot by basically everything for 5 to 8 hours until you're done with the DLC. I was already struggling at level 25 in hardcore mode.

That's a pretty fucking steep learning curve man.

I'd say just go the normal way, get in a DLC from time to time and go for lonesome road when you're finished with the other DLCs, whe you have a decent level and good enough gear.

Turn on hardcore mode and have fun, that's a great game.
>>
>>377242472
>>377240625
There's a fan theory that the KANGZ rule over the mirelurks through sound manipulation. I can't remember the finer details, though, and it sure as fuck wasn't explained in-game.
>>
>>377243768
Actually, the weapons and armor provided get you thru, and if I remember correctly, the enemy weapons are nerfed for lower levels, while reward weapons found in loot boxes aren't, so the DLC is stupid hard on later levels, actually

Beginning of the game is the perfect time to play it. Plus, all the other loot you find in the DLC will be worthless when you find better loot down the line or in another DLC

Plus, once you unlock the store, you will still have to keep coming back the entire game to afford all the upgrades

Seriously OP, you get some cool shit for going thru with the DLC. You can always turn back, but even stepping into the first area, before any fighting begins, gives you some nice swag for the early game, even more so once you progress, there is never a moment where the dlc forces you to finish it if you find it too hard
>>
>>377239538
It's not his first playthrough anon. You'll figure it out, I believe in you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.