[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when this was released I was still playing homm3 and looked down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: file.png (2MB, 800x1116px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 800x1116px
when this was released I was still playing homm3 and looked down on it (and my pc could hardly run it). that was over 10 years ago.
now I reinstalled it by chance and HOLY SHIT. how could I miss that fucking amazing game? best homm ever.
>>
There's a mod of Tribes of the East that you should try out -- simply called MMH 5.5.

I still enjoy HoMM3 for the most part, 4 has its own charm and naturally, 6 and 7 are horseshit.
>>
3,2 and 5 are the best
>>
>>377231372
nice I will check it out
>>
>>377230963
Yeah it has a certain charm over it, no doubt. Although campaign was piss easy desu.

3, 4 and 5 remain the best imho. And I get that someone doesnt like 4, which is fine, but story and music alone make it an undisputable goat
>>
File: file.png (30KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
30KB, 128x128px
>>377232140
It was lodged really hard in that uncanny valley of when 3d was new and everything had to be 3D reguardless of how it looked.

Visually it had 0 charm. Heroes V is when they got around to figuring out how to make things look actually good in 3D

I fucking loved V though. My main complaint was just that you had to play through the human and demon campaigns (and then the orc campaign in the dlc) to access the sweet, sweet necromancer campaign. Markal was such a fun fucking character. You could just imagine the voice actor laughing his ass off between takes
>>
Nival Interactive are bros, check out their Rage of Mages series. Hard as shit.
>>
HOMM = The Ancient Original most people don't ever play because HOMM 2 exists

HOMM 2 = Takes the basics from the first game and makes everything better.

HOMM 3 = The title most people know and the title which made HOMM really popular. Changed a few things compared to HOMM 2 and most people loved it.

HOMM 4 = Changed a few things again but this time most people ended up disliking the changes. The game still has a good following with people liking it.

HOMM 5 = HOMM goes 3D and starts hugging HOMM 3 again. The thing being 3D made it controversial for years but nowadays most consider it one of the best HOMM games because modern Ubisoft

HOMM 6 = Huge letdown after HOMM 5 - Some people like the addon content

HOMM 7 = Hotgarbage - Promised to be better than HOMM 6 but somehow ended up being even worse
>>
File: enlightened.jpg (727KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
enlightened.jpg
727KB, 857x1202px
>>377230963
>>
>>377232713
True, true. Battles especially looked worst in the series.

I fucking hate the fact that you have to play campaigns in order, it sucks all the fun from repeated playthroughs. Also Markal the best, necro too

Btw did you play might and magic: clash of heroes? Fucking amazing game, explains stuff that happened before H5
>>
>>377233149
luckily Im a brainlett

>>377233103
what can they do? release the same game over and over again?
>>
>>377233271
>might and magic: clash of heroes
Nope.

I played Dark Messiah though, probably one of my favourite games ever. Play it through once every november while listening to a podcast.

The tribes-of-the-east dlc has a campaign that sets up a prequel for it. Has you play as the main villain (who is actually, by all means, completely justified in nearly everything he does and basically the hero) as he goes on like a background quest. Voice acting is good but not as fun as Markal (fucking markal). He gets a necromancer apprentice who's like a vampire girl, and she's -super- fun. She has a ludicrous European accent.

My other gripes would be the 7 stack limit on any given hero. Made it pointless to accept random mooks who want to join up, or have different variants of the same unit.
>>
>>377233575
HOMM 3 wasn't a re-release of HOMM 2 and people loved it.

Just make the games not shit. There is enough room to do so.

And HOMM 7 doesn't even work for example. The game is broken. Crashes all the time and the MP doesn't work. Ubisoft just doesn't care.
It also has less content than any other game.
>>
>>377230963
>I was still playing homm3 and looked down on it
>and my pc could hardly run it
Holy fuck, that is my HoMM3 purist friends in a nutshell.
/v/ too, by the way.
JUST FUCKING PLAY THE GAME BEFORE SHITTING ON IT
>>
>>377234031
I did. but that was 10 years ago
>>
HOMM5 might have great gameplay but to me aesthetics, music and atmosphere are the key components of HOMM games and 5 sucks in that department
>>
>>377234031
I did but it's not as good. Nival was a good dev though for making spiritual successors of strategy games but they never got a decent budget.
>>
File: file.png (593KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
593KB, 640x512px
>>377234209
>aesthetics, music and atmosphere
What you just said there is the opposite of true.

Are you thinking of 4? Maybe?

5 is possibly the comfiest game I've ever played in my life.
>>
>>377234209
I really dig the comic style. reminds me of warcraft3 and wow. for me it hits a sweet spot
>>
File: 182150_full.jpg (605KB, 1773x2167px) Image search: [Google]
182150_full.jpg
605KB, 1773x2167px
>>377231372

>There's a mod of Tribes of the East that you should try out -- simply called MMH 5.5.

Oh thank fuck someone mentioned it, I forgot its name entirely and couldn't find it on my own.
>>
File: 1541_01.jpg (196KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1541_01.jpg
196KB, 800x600px
>>377234548
both of those games had bad art styles though especially WoW
>>
>>377230963
>best homm ever.
It wasn't the best at launch, but with the expansions it became a lot better. Also, I don't like the more cartoony graphics style and the maps are strictly worse than HoMM3.

Other than that, yeah. HoMMV is really underrated.
>>
>>377235734
it's hardly underrated it sold well and was well received
>>
>>377232140
>but story and music alone make it an undisputable goat
Yeah 4 still has the best campaigns overall IMO, just too bad that some of the gameplay changes didn't really work out very well.
>>
>>377235951
I guess, but too many fans think everything after 3 was shit.
>>
File: ledroit_mm11.jpg (416KB, 1486x1102px) Image search: [Google]
ledroit_mm11.jpg
416KB, 1486x1102px
>hire Ledroit to do your concept art
>don't use anything he made
>>
>>377230963
Paul Romero is a top-tier composer.
>>
How come there's no proper Heroes mobile game? The series is perfect for the format
>>
>>377237298
I saw a homm3 port to ipad once. but that was more like a experimental fiddling around.
>>
>>377230963
It's almost as good as HoMM3. So much better than HoMM 6 and 7 that it fucking hurts.
>>
>>377237298
There's Clash of Heroes, which definitely isn't a "proper" Heroes game since it's a puzzle RPG and not a strategy game, but it's still pretty fun.
>>
>>377237298
there's a homm2 port that exists on android
>>
It is really unfortunate that the dwarf expansion exists, if they released tribes of the east as the first expansion the game would have taken off big time
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.