[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I was the one who made this thread. >>376796949

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 272
Thread images: 58

File: header.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
Hey guys. I was the one who made this thread.
>>376796949
Since then I have played and beaten FFI and FFII on a PSP emulator and started FFIII on DeSmuME not long ago. Just wanted to say I'm coming along. Don't know if I'm going to be playing IV on DS or GBA yet. But I'm willing to bet it will be on the DS.

If anybody has any questions on how I think of the series, just ask. I know an outsiders perspective can be pretty neat.
>>
Why would I care about what you think of the damn series you faglord
>>
>>377227954
I know an outsiders perspective can be pretty neat sometimes to people who have been exposed to the series for a long time. Unlike me.
>>
Sorry if I was a bother. I just thought I would share this cool little journey with you guys.
>>
>>377228284
Aww.
How did you beat 2, did you abuse the self hitting thingy or played straight?
What classes are you using on 3?
>>
>>377228875
I grinded like hell playing 2. Did stuff like spamming light magic over and over right outside of a town and resting at an inn when I ran out of MP.

Right now in 3 I'm using a fighter, white mage, black mage, and monk and I'm not planning on changing so far. Played a Thief in place of monk when I played the first one and was unimpressed by it's mediocrity.

Don't even get me STARTED on the music. II can't believe I haven't heard of it earlier.
>>
Pretty wonderful games so far IMO. IIs training system had a pretty steep learning curve though. Kinda reminds me of Pokemon, but with people.
>>
I'm in the Chaos Shrine right now, how in the fuck did you get through it? Any tips? Reccomended level?
>>
>>377230287
Which version are you playing?
>>
>>377227849
I'm not sure I can recommend making your first run with DS FFIV. The Augment system is badly explained, based on knowing stuff that a new player could not possibly know, and not knowing how to use it well makes the game much harder than it should be. It does add some conplexity to the game but its not intuitive at all.

GBA/PSP are better for the first run. No augments, normal difficulty curve, and its sprites. PSP is faster and has better music(with classic and new options) but the artstyle is a bit off.
>>
>>377230449
I didn't even know there was a PSP version. I enjoyed playing I and II on the PSP. I'll probably do that.
>>
>>377230368
Origins. Have a knight, red wizard, white wizard, and black wizard.
>>
>>377230693
I wouldn't know. I only played I once and I sucked ass at it.
>>
>>377230693
>having 3 wizards
>>
>>377230819
>Buffer
>Healer
>DPS

I don't see the problem, mang.
>>
>>377230954
The problem is, not enough DPS.

Anyway, Chaos Shrine is ez pz, you're gonna want to go ahead and ignore most of the encounters therein by running away
>>
>>377230954
Red wizard sucks, should have used a thief/ninja
>>
>>377231180
Ninja is unironically the worst job in FF1. Even in the updated versions, you should quite simply never use one.
>>
>>377230954
black magic sucks after defeating the elf. the red mage I get since they can use stronger weapons, but you're better off bringing a thief, monk, or other fighter.
>>
>>377231307
Black magic absolutely ruins the four fiends, I don't know what you're talking about.
>>377231180
>ninja
lolno
>>
>>377231307

>he didn't level rydia up enough

You only have yourself to blame. Rydia is easily your 2nd best damage dealer in the game, tied with Kain or sometimes better depeding on what you're facing.
>>
>>377231414
The Lich, sure (and that's what the Red Mage is for), but the rest should be easy. Maybe The Kraken could give you a hard time, maybe.
>>
File: sf1470902417660.jpg (46KB, 588x575px) Image search: [Google]
sf1470902417660.jpg
46KB, 588x575px
>>377231231
>>377231414
FUCK YOU THE NINJA IS THE BEST JOB I'VE USED THIEVES AND NINJAS IN EVERY FF GAME EVER AND I WAS NEVER DISAPPOINTED
>>
>>377231414
Black magic becomes entirely outpaced by monk/master around the time of Kraken, and entire outpaced by Knights around the time of Tiamat, especially if your Knight has a good-ass weapon.
The black mage's primary job is to Haste and Temper the monk and knight. After that, cast Flare until he's defeated by a light breeze

>>377231643
Think you're talking about the wrong game there friendo

I can't stand Final Fantasy IV's "fixed characters, fixed job, most don't stick around" shtick. It made me give up on it. I became enamored with the job system of FF3 too much, so I skipped straight to 5 because it's similar. My concern is that most of the games from 4 onward have that fixed characters, fixed job shit. Drives me up the wall.
>>
>>377230612
You should have done 3 on PSP too. If only because DeSmuME is a piece of crap.
>>
File: Comparison.png (478KB, 1912x908px) Image search: [Google]
Comparison.png
478KB, 1912x908px
OP here. What is Rydia? If it's a from a future FF that I haven't played please don't spoil me.
>>377231826
I'm using a different version of DeSmuME that allows higher resolutions. Pic related.
>>
>>377231917
I meant to quote
>>377231643
>>
>>377231917
Huh,well DeS just runs like shit on my machine to the point where I'm happy to get more than 10fps. If you've got it running more power to you. The PSP version is a port of the DS version anyways so it shouldn't be a big deal.
>>
>>377231917
It's not the graphics that are shit, it's that it's slow, has locked content due to wifi only (that has no services anymore to get), and the music quality isn't that great. The PSP offers auto-battle which speeds up battle speed, loads faster, choices between original and arranged soundtrack (which sounds much better), and offers the nintendo wifi content to be obtained.
>>
>>377232118
Also this stuff>>377232136
>>
>>377231917
I'm curious about that, I've sunk a good amount of time into FF3 on DeSmuMeme without higher resolution. Honestly, the only reason the game looks so bad is because it's primarily played on the touch screen.

Rydia is a character in Final Fantasy IV, she's a summoner/black mage combo sort of deal. She's easily the best magic user and also is a permanent party member, and you meet her within nanoseconds of starting the game so it's not a spoiler

>>377232136
Hmm. Sounds like I'll just have to play FF3 all over again. Damn, what a shame.
>>
File: 1482540249679.jpg (353KB, 800x1386px) Image search: [Google]
1482540249679.jpg
353KB, 800x1386px
>>377231826
>>377232136
This, you're pretty much wasting your time with the DS version. Plus the fact that the online content from the DS version can be gotten offline in the PSP version.
>>
>>377232259
Here's a link.
It was last updated in 2015 but it works fine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/22jlld/desmume_x432r_high_resolution/
>>
>>377231805
>My concern is that most of the games from 4 onward have that fixed characters, fixed job shit. Drives me up the wall.
nah, fixed jobs are only barely present in titles after 4
most of them are "raise your characters any way you want"
>>
>>377232438
I hear the mobile version (and even Steam version) has the same perks.

As long as I get to see Refia in cat ears, though, I'm happy. and Ingus
>>
>>377232259
You're still fine if you're playing on DS. If you want to complete the game, then you can't. That's about it, but the PSP (along with the much better emulator) can provide much better options. If you're okay with what you're doing then continue on.
>>
>>377227849
Poorfag.
>>
play 4 on the psp, or psp emulator, that chibi shit on ds looks like garbage
>>
>>377232647
ingus doesn't wear the fucking hoodie right, it's just dangling behind him because he's too insecure
>>
OP here, what exactly am I losing by playing the DS version? Sound quality sounds fine to me and I'm loving the soundtrack. Especially the intro music.
>>
>>377228045

Yeah, this. I've seen other people do this, and they were enjoyable. Ignore Captain Faggot. You should just comment on the game in your first post though, I think it's better for discussion.

Too bad about the PSP version of the first game though, I'd have recommended the PSX version. Also think the NES version of III is better, but a long as you're enjoying them, that's fine.

As four IV, play the PSP version, not the GBA version. The GBA version has an ATB glitch that fucks up the difficulty of the game. If it's important to you, the DS version has the most faithful English localization of IV (though the language is overly flowery). Gameplay is pretty different from older versions though.
>>
>>377232862
Mainly a bunch of side quests including the secret onion Knight class
>>
>>377232659
Oh, believe me, I know that. I did two full playthroughs in the past week. I really like FF3. But if there's a slightly better version out there then, gosh darn it, looks like I've just gotta start over. I've never been bothered by the Wifi-locked content in FF3, in fact, I've only done the level 100 weapon subquests one or two times. Most of the locked content (off the top of my head anyway) is ultra-endgame stuff you really don't need.

Maybe one day they'll release a version where Bard isn't useless.

>>377232832
That's what I like. Have you seen Scholar Ingus? Let's just say he leaves me confused about my own sexuality. The constant pouting, god damn it.

>>377232862
Mostly optional content that you will barely care about anyway. And the other posters are right, DeSuMeme is a dog shit emulator.

>>377232958
Well, you're objectively wrong about Famicom FF3, unless you like having the exact same party composition of 2 Ninja, 2 Sage every single playthrough
>>
DS/PC IV is fine, but it's hard mode
>>
>>377232862

There's several changes, but the biggest thing is the damn stat nerf after changing jobs. It feels like it punishes you for experimenting. In the FC version, you spend points you gain through battle to change jobs (I've always had so much I've actually forgotten about the point system entirely), the more you change into a job the less it costs, and there's no stat nerf. Also, Ninja and Sage are overpowered as hell if that's important to you.
>>
>>377233112
>unless you like having the exact same party composition of 2 Ninja, 2 Sage every single playthrough
You're acting like you get ninja and sage right at the start of the game.
Worst part about the remake is that you get fully healed after killing a boss. Ruins the final dungeon.
>>
>>377233107
>>377233112
>>377233230
Thanks for the replies. I'm not switching from the DS version, but I will probably play the PSP version in the future.
>>
>>377233230
See, I think the DS improved too much about the job system. They redistributed the jobs across the four crystals, brought Ninja and Sage down to the Earth Crystal instead of an optional area, and balanced the jobs. Now, Sage actually feels like an upgraded Red Mage and not an upgraded everything.

The change to switching jobs is also important for balance purposes. And the stat nerf is far from crippling, heck, on my first few playthroughs I didn't know it was even a stat nerf, I thought the penalty reduced job experience gain.

>>377233379
Well, you get them from either the Earth Crystal or Eureka, either way you will most likely have them before completing the long, horrible grind that is the Crystal Tower. Don't you for a second try and claim that the DS version is easier than the Famicom version, I think everything from regular enemies to bosses are all way the fuck harder, mostly because of the "two-attacks-per-turn" bullshit bosses get (even three, for Cerberus). I mean, Garuda in the DS version is a complete and total ballbuster.
>>
OP here. Am I crazy for thinking 3 is like 1 and 2 screwed and had a baby? Unique party like in 2, but with classes and the whole crystal plot in 1.
>>
>>377233792
Did you play through FF2? It's the only one I can't bring myself to finish. I actually like the plot a lot, and even the characters who aren't named Guy, but the progression system is just so god-awful. It really is a complete game-breaker for me.

I don't know about a baby, I do think that FF3 is more sequel-ish to FF1 than FF2 is, though. Remember that in the original version of FF3, you didn't have Luneth and the gang, you just had four nameless, almost-faceless Onion Knights, hardly a unique party
>>
>>377233948
Guy speak beaver.

I hated the leveling system at first, but it grew on me. I did beat II and fairly enjoyed it. I liked the fact that it wasn't happy go merry heroes going about on their quest. Alot of people die to get you to the end. I know the deaths weren't that well done but I liked it.

Oh shoot, you're right! I didn't even think about the fact that II was playing a remaster lol.
>>
>>377232025

Rydia is a character from IV, so I won't say anything else about it, I'll let you take that ride on your own. I will say her origin is pretty great though.

>>377231805

Ah I see, my bad. You mentioned the 4 fiends so I thought you were talking about 4. Also IV was my first FF since I got an SNES later in its life so I didn't get to play a lot of NES games. I don't mind fixed characters, especially if they are good at their jobs(which everyone is, except Edge, fuck Edge, I hate that nigga, I leave him dead and roll with the other 4 homies, not even joking, he just feels -that- out of place to me.)

FFT was also my first exposure to job systems, and I loved that shit, so if III has one similar, I'm gonna grab an emulator and play that shit over the weekend. I love older games with sweet mechanics like that.
>>
>>377233202
More like stupid mode. Augments were a bad idea.
>>
>>377231805
>My concern is that most of the games from 4 onward have that fixed characters, fixed job shit. Drives me up the wall.
yeah but everything from 6 and on has heavy customization where a lot of the time you just essentially make your own classes.
>>
>>377234414
Four Fiends is a Final Fantasy 1 concept, amigo. They came back in FF4 with different identities as the Archfiends.

FF3 has the original job system. It's not perfect, but it's my favorite incarnation. Unlike later titles like FF5, there are some jobs that are just blatant upgrades over others (like White Mage to Devout).
>>377234492
That's actually a relief to hear. Thanks very kindly. My favorite Final Fantasy is 12, by the way - is it that kind of "make your own job" experience?

>>377234486
AUTO-POTION?!?
>>
>>377227849
How did you feel about II?
>>
>>377227849
>>377228045
>>377228284
Don't worry OP, threads like these can be fun
>>
>>377234748
>My favorite Final Fantasy is 12, by the way - is it that kind of "make your own job" experience?
It's the most "make your own job" of the bunch unless you play the IZJS version which lets you choose classes for your party members but they're locked in them once chosen.
There's still a lot of customization but it's not as open as the original version.
>>
>>377234916
But usually they aren't.
>>
>>377234773
I mostly enjoyed it. I like the twist and end but the mechanics were pretty crazy. Unique characters and the fact that they were a blank slate was pretty weird. I didn't like the fact that Classes didn't exist at all. Honestly the leveling system grew on me. Music was just as good if not better than I minus the fact the FFIs opening theme isn't in it. A lot of the concepts are so ahead of it's time it's crazy. i can't believe the original version came out in 1988.
>>
>>377234975
>Unless you play the IZJS version

Oh, you sweet summer child. I haven't played vanilla FF12 since - at the very latest - 2012. IZJS is leaps and bounds better, but, the job system in that game feels railroady.
Anyway, I also have a silly amount of time spent in vanilla FF12, so I know enough to make use of your comparison. Thanks for the heads-up amigo
>>
>>377235193
Two of the tracks I loved most.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAz2pJ1Qe88
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxo8RrExLsM
>>
>>377235193
>>377235356

Also I disliked the fact that your fourth member kept changing. Mostly because I would put work in them for them to just leave suddenly.
>>
>>377235515
Hoo boy. You are just gonna LOVE Final Fantasy IV
>>
>>377235593
I'll still play through it and probably like it. It isn't exactly a game changer but more of a pet peeve.
>>
Should I feel bad for using fast-forward in emulators to speed up grinding/monotonous areas
>>
>>377231805
thought I was the only one. I played 1-3 and gave up on 4. I'm thinking I'll do the same and skip to 5.
>>
>>377235810
Yes, you cheater.
>>
>>377235810
Nigga what we going to do, come to your house and beat you with our dicks? Its your game, play however the fuck you want.
>>
>>377227849
Definitely go with IV on GBA or PSP. IV DS is oddly difficult. Not jp SNES version difficult but a step up from the other versions for sure.

I'm excited to hear your thoughts on the transition from 6 to 7 if you get there.
>>
>>377236173
Oh I'll get there. I love this series so far.
>>
File: 1478033962324.png (312KB, 473x497px) Image search: [Google]
1478033962324.png
312KB, 473x497px
>>377236173
Anonymous, I-I'm also on a pilgrimage like this and just about to finish 5 before moving to 6 and 7.

Y-you want to hear my thoughts, too... right?
>>
>>377236263
Post screenshots of your journey if you can.
>>
>>377236415
How so? Like screenshots of my teams stats and spells?
>>
>>377233723
The two things about the remake that are harder than the NES version are Garuda and Cloud of Darkness. Literally every single enemy in the game is easier, ranging from slightly to much.
>>
>>377236672
Despite my disagreement, I'm just more relieved that I'm not the only one who hates DS version Garuda so badly. That Lightning is way, way, way, way, way too strong.
>>
>>377236608
Anything is fine.
>>
>>377236832
It's a fight that relies on RNG no matter how prepared you are for it.
How do you feel about enemies that split? I think the remake made them a joke, whereas they were brutal in the NES version (which is a good thing).
>>
Playing through 2 with ppsspp right now. Basically went full unarmed with magic specialties. Just got Josef killed so on to get the sunflame. Being able to use turbo to grind is a godsend.

>>377227849

Why on earth are you playing this on a DS emulator when the PSP version exists?
>>
>>377237050
I blow through them with Souleater either way. Certainly less of a pain in the DS version. I feel like the smaller enemy limit in the DS version limits a lot of things, but is also the reason for the juiced-up stats and damage output that enemies have.

>>377237087
Is there some advantage to unarmed? I'm thinking about having another spin at getting through FF2, but the hardest part for me is deciding what I want my 3 guys to be doing in terms of weapons and magic
>>
>>377237087
I had no idea the PSP version exists when I started playing it on DS.
>>
File: Screenshot (92).png (761KB, 1921x761px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (92).png
761KB, 1921x761px
OP here, currently about to go chase the Ice horn thief while on my way to the fire crystal. Pic related is my classes.
>>
bumping with best FF OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=404Vyt92lCs
>>
>>377238127
Man, that is the exact party I used except with Ingus on Warrior and Luneth on Monk.

The only reason for that is that Ingus' freelancer outfit is quite Knightish, considering he is literally a knight, and I changed his job from Warrior to Knight to have a useful tank.

Storywise, you'll have your first encounter with a forced-job boss, the game REALLY wants you to use Scholar to defeat Hein, but it's not really necessary. After that you're headed to the surface world, prepare for feels
>>
>>377238127
Only thing I remember from FF III is summoner being FUCKING OVERPOWERED
You get the ability to choose between job advancements just before a boss fight. I casually assigned two members to summoner and they nuked the boss in a few hits. Would recommend looking into that
>>
File: Screenshot (93).png (88KB, 1853x535px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (93).png
88KB, 1853x535px
>>377238589
I mostly picked this because it's what my FFI team was. Except the monk was a thief but I wasn't too fond of thief.
>>
>>377238958
how are you already on FFIII when you made that last thread 4 days ago? do you just have no social obligations/gym/friends/school?
>>
>>377238876
Summoner's alright, but it's no Geomancer. In the DS version, Geomancer is just silly good. I would put Summoner on the same power level as Magus, they're both Earth Crystal (ie, endgame) jobs. Meanwhile, Geomancer is something you get off the Fire Crystal.

>>377238958
If you have extra staves, don't be afraid to have your mages dual-wielding. It looks silly, but it does give them important stat boosts. By the time you finish in Saronia, you'll have plenty of staves to choose from.
I also picked that lineup for the exact same reason, I try to have as close as I can to that lineup in games where you can help it. It's part of the reason I struggled with 2, I couldn't decide on "knight" or "monk" for Guy
>>
>>377227849
Are you enjoying yourself? Which one is your favourite so far?
>>
>>377238876
Oh so you advance your classes by visiting the crystals? I like that premise.
>>377239154
You betcha'
>>
>>377239306
With each Crystal, you get access to new Jobs. Most of the Earth Crystal jobs are upgrades to previous ones, ie, Magus over Black Mage, Devout over White Mage, Black Belt over Monk. But, there are plenty of jobs without hard upgrades that are viable throughout the game. Sounds like you're just about to hit the Fire Crystal, I would recommend giving Knight a spin.

And whatever you do, don't be fooled - Bard is useless.
>>
>>377239282
Absolutely enjoying myself, music is god-tier. So far I'm really liking 3. I'd say 1 is my favorite with 3 being my second favorite. I really liked 2's storyline but its mechanics were a bit crazy. By no means did I not like 2, I just liked the other two more. So far, anyway.
>>
>>377239306
neet?
>>
>>377239532
I don't like the idea of completely changing my class, so I'll probably just go with the upgrades of existing ones.
>>
File: sf1486768957743.png (8KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
sf1486768957743.png
8KB, 473x500px
>>377239687
>implying you can get past garuda without a dragoon
>>
>>377239558
Having done something similar to your little journey, allow me to espouse my opinion:

12 > 3 > 1 > 5 > 6 > 9 > 10 > 7 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 13

>>377239687
Again, that is exactly what I did on my first playthrough. That said, I did change my Warrior to a Knight for tanking purposes, the Cover ability is really useful and Knight's damage output is just fine without Advance.
Some advice for the long road: By the time you unlock Black Belt, your Monk will be around job level 75-80, so will hit ridiculous hard with Unarmed. Unarmed bonus damage for those two jobs comes from job level, so you will need to use two fist weapons on your Black Belt for quite some time before his damage overtakes Monk.
>>
>>377239641
Currently a neet, yes.

>>377239903
I thought knight was the natural progression of warrior? Knight sounds much better. Whats the point of tanking if your special move lowers your defense?
>>
>>377239903
I don't agree completely but that's an alright rank. Respectable.
>>
>>377239881
You can, it's just painfully difficult and takes a good deal of luck. Not to spoil too much for you, OP, but Garuda is a boss fight that is like being kicked in the nuts on every turn. Like other bosses, he moves twice, and has a ridiculously hard-hitting nuke called Lightning that hits your whole party for big damage. The fight goes like this: If he uses Lightning, then moves before your White Mage on the next turn, you lose. It's all down to luck.

Even with a dragoon, expect to lose to Garuda a lot. Dragoon just increases your chances of killing him before he gets lucky and wipes your party, but it's far from necessary. In fact, of all my playthroughs, I've only used Dragoon to defeat Garuda twice.

In general, there's a few fights where the game clearly wants you to use certain jobs. The first is Hein, you may consider using a Scholar since you have a Black Mage and you need Scholar to know Hein's current elemental weakness. Then you have Garuda, Kicker of Testicles. Finally you've got those two lovely caves full of dividing enemies who must be defeated with Magic, Souleater, or Dark Swords.

>>377240089
Well, I agree. Again, I made the exact same choices on my first playthrough of the game. But a tank really isn't STRICTLY necessary, just nice to have. The job setup I had on my most fun playthrough is Dark Knight, Devout, Ranger, Summoner. I like to have a Dark Knight or Knight on every playthrough, because they can use the Defender sword to help the White Mage/Devout buff the party with Protect
>>
OP here, A small list of my favorite songs from 3 so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0WYCIxsaJE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp8zXfb0w5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTSXf2YVNUs

I can't accentuate how much I love these soundtracks.
>>
>>377237373

Basically if you do unarmed you do massive damage at the beginning and if you keep up with it you can sell all your weapons to buy the best armor and magics easily. I'd recommend it for those that want to rush through the second game.
>>
>>377240970
Can't forget to add this one as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGgXAKHDCQE
>>
>>377240970
Just wait until Cloud of Darkness' theme. It's great.

Incidentally, do you play Final Fantasy 14? The game features a 24-man raid that's a remake of the Crystal Tower, and it wasn't until I played FF3 that I realized how very faithful it is. Pretty neat. CoD's theme in that game is also super duper good.
>>
>>377240970
3's music is spot on. Feels like going on an adventure. The remakes did a great job with the music. The boss theme of 2 is my favourite song in the series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDxRV7yYz8
>>
>>377241385
I raise you FF12 Gilgamesh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJJjD-kZ4ck
>>
>>377239558

If I was a kid again with more free time I'd probably be more into the levelling system of 2, but having a me rigid levelling scheme guys my schedule more.
>>
Why does Garland look like such a badass in Dissidia?
>>
>>377241115
Nope Only played I, II, and currently playing through III. No other exposure to FF whatsoever.
>>
Are the MMOS worth playing in a sale with the complementary free month?
>>
File: 1330029195622.jpg (4KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
1330029195622.jpg
4KB, 256x197px
>>377241550
>Warrior of Light promises Garland that he will not only save the world, but save Garland

I wasn't ready for that. The plot of FF1 is strangely feels-inducing after the twist. I always hate the "your deeds are erased from everyone's memory" ending that you get with time travel

>>377241569
>>377241636
Well, FF11 and FF14 are MMOs. I only brought it up because my first exposure to the Crystal Tower was actually in 14, and I was constantly experiencing "Oh, hey!" moments as I was doing that part of the game in FF3.

I think FF14 is breddy gud, but it's "generically MMO", if that makes sense. FF11, I'm just not a fan of. You should definitely skip these if you want to play every main series game, they're just too much time investment.

Incidentally, in about a month a new expansion pack is coming out for FF14. I can't wait. I'm currently doing my own romp through the earlier games to kill time.
>>
OP here, when should I play Tactics? I've heard a lot of good things about it but I don't know where it stands chronologically.
>>
File: 3fe.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3fe.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
>>377241503
That's a close second. Clash on the Big Bridge is great in every single game. Going into this fight without knowing what was coming up was great.
>>
Didn't FF12 have a weird programming/queuing system for battles? I'm very interested in that when I finally get to it.
>>
>>377241859
They're Ivalice games, off the top of my head. Play Tactics and Tactics Advance before FF12, and play Tactics A2 after FF12. (FF12 is also set in Ivalice)

>>377242051
Gilgamesh is such a goofball, especially in 12 and 14. I fucking love it, man. Only fitting they gave him the voice of John Di-motherfucking-Maggio.

The Fierce Battle is also a good one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Lr7nRjvEk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUsdfNcyENo
>>
File: Screenshot (97).png (300KB, 963x723px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (97).png
300KB, 963x723px
So damn adorable.
>>
File: gambits.jpg (133KB, 927x535px) Image search: [Google]
gambits.jpg
133KB, 927x535px
>>377242231
That's the gambit system, friend. I've been autistic about FF games this whole thread, but don't get me started on FF12, I only know of one guy more autistic about this game than I am.

At any rate, FF12's combat is in real time. You can issue orders to your party members as always, but they also have Gambits that will make them carry out combat decisions by themselves. Gambits are ordered by priority, and a party member will execute those orders no matter what . Gambits generally automate combat, but you'll very often have to disable/switch gambits during combat, especially against hard enemies and ESPECIALLY in the late game. Enemies like the Lv99 Red Chocobo or Yiazmat require elaborate Gambit setups to be done efficiently.

As an example, here's the gambits for my White Mage in FF12 IZJS.

>>377242421
Refia is a super qt, but it's nothing next to Ingus/Sara (a pairing that Refia happens to ship). Just remember, when you left her castle with Ingus you made her cry!
>>
File: Screenshot (99).png (458KB, 1439x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (99).png
458KB, 1439x1073px
I didn't know my mother-in-law was in this.
>>
>>377242848
Game has some really goofy looking enemies. Just you wait until Salamander.

Or the Hellgaroos.
>>
Fucking Ingus keeps getting stoned. Running out of Gold Needles!
>>
Anyone know why they decided to call ambushes back attacks?
>>
>>377243708
You'll notice that Back Attacks change the positioning of your characters: backline party members are now on the front line and vice versa. This is super bad news, because it usually means your melees are no longer in range to do full damage and your squishies are going to take more damage. A back attack is 100 times worse than a regular ambush, because you often have to sacrifice everyone's turn to fix their positioning, so the enemy essentially gets two free turns. Later on, back attacks can literally end your run with a splash of bad luck. I hate that shit.
>>
File: Screenshot (100).png (474KB, 1435x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (100).png
474KB, 1435x1067px
sexy
>>
>>377244052
Jeez, I didn't notice that. That sucks.
>>
>>377239184
Yeah I remember in the Android version in some areas you could get the strongest Geomancy (Black hole? or something) pretty much everytime in some areas
>>
>>377244271
The strongest Geomancy is Shadow Flare. As soon as you get it (Fire Crystal), it can do upwards of 3000 damage. It's only a 2% chance each time you use Terrain, but boy is it awesome when it happens. In the World of Darkness, the chance to roll Shadow Flare is something like 40%.
>>
File: Screenshot (101).png (290KB, 961x719px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (101).png
290KB, 961x719px
Poor Ingus. RIP in piece.
>>
>>377242421
I have no idea why the developers thought the mini/frog segments would be any fun.
>>
>>377241859
The only prerequisite, sort of, is FF7. Cloud is an optional character in FFT. There are also references to FF1-7 in the weird part-time job system that it has, but you probably won't get those because they're not worth the time.
>>
>>377244476
Ah maybe I got just lucky with the RNG since I remember getting it most of the time, though 40% is quite a lot. After a quick google search it seems like it also has a 40% chance to proc in Eureka
>>
File: NPJH50626_00002.jpg (259KB, 1440x816px) Image search: [Google]
NPJH50626_00002.jpg
259KB, 1440x816px
Warriors are stupidly broken in the remake.
>dat maximum damage
>>
File: Screenshot (102).png (602KB, 959x713px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (102).png
602KB, 959x713px
There's a shadow following me after I killed that faggot.
>>
>>377245464
Known bug, your game is fucked
>>
>>377244767
>no fucks were given.png
>>
File: Screenshot (103).png (406KB, 963x712px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (103).png
406KB, 963x712px
FUCKING INGUS STOP GETTING STONED
>>
>>377245464
Uh-oh. This is a known game-breaker. Best you keep going and see how it works out.

>>377245426
A level 100 Black Belt takes the cake. You can one-shot CoD if you do it right.

>>377245737
I actually can't stand when a party member is dead at the end of a fight, it fucks up the XP allocation. I get triggered rather massively.
>>
File: Screenshot (104).png (51KB, 704x631px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (104).png
51KB, 704x631px
>>377245818
Does this bother you?
>>
>>377246182

So is Luneth a girl or not?
>>
>>377246182
On my last playthrough, Arc was over 2 levels behind because he kept dying at boss fights. It is an inevitability.

Speaking of playthroughs, OP, I have been inspired to give this game (and 1 & 2) a spin on PSP. I challenge you to challenge me: go look at a list of FF3 jobs, give me a party to play with, and I will complete the game with that party.
>>
>>377246310
Pretty sure it's just a trap.
>>
>>377246528
>>377246310

Luneth is a very pretty guy, but still a guy.

Official cuteness power ranking:
Refia > Pouting Ingus > Arc > Luneth > Not-Pouting Ingus
>>
>>377246328
Bard
Ninja
Red Mage
White mage

Have fun.
>>
File: FF3_Wallpaper_Job_Change.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FF3_Wallpaper_Job_Change.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>377246617
The entire cast is pretty cute tbqh
>>
File: Screenshot (105).png (377KB, 952x716px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (105).png
377KB, 952x716px
I'VE BEEN BANBOOZLED
>>
File: Screenshot (106).png (331KB, 958x719px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (106).png
331KB, 958x719px
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>377246941
O-oh... well, even if you WERE OP, I'd have to decline, I've done that exact playthrough before
Although I did upgrade to Sage and Devout
>>
>>377246328
>>377247239
Sorry but I don't know anything about the classes to give you a challenge. You could roll. 1-22 4 times and see what you get.
>>
File: Screenshot (107).png (258KB, 960x711px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (107).png
258KB, 960x711px
Luneth just got ganked by these green dog looking things.
>>
The faggot ran off and now I can't find him. I'll get him though.
>>
Fun fact. When you kill the soul cannon in FF5 (or the upgraded version before Enuo) before destroying the launchers something funny happens.
>>
File: Screenshot (108).png (460KB, 953x710px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (108).png
460KB, 953x710px
I took this as he departed into the void. RIP land turtle.
>>
File: 1374692389869.jpg (222KB, 770x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1374692389869.jpg
222KB, 770x1000px
Man, I want a new FF with jobs so bad. Preferrably set in Ivalice, it's one of my favorite settings.

Actually just a game that improves upon FFXII's formula would be a dream. And bring back Sakimoto for fucks sake.
>>
File: Screenshot (109).png (348KB, 959x742px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (109).png
348KB, 959x742px
I want to fight this one monster but this lava keeps kicking my ass
>>
File: Screenshot (110).png (377KB, 963x698px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (110).png
377KB, 963x698px
IT'S HAPPENING
>>
File: Screenshot (111).png (410KB, 961x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (111).png
410KB, 961x720px
HE LOOKS RETARDED. I WONT LET A RETARD KILL ME
>>
The most important part about 3's remake is job levels. With high enough job levels you can beat any boss providing that your party is well balanced.
>>
He's actually really kicking my ass.
>>
IV on DS was great. I'm sure ill get meme'd at.

Also I on NES is best
>>
>>377249583
It looked pretty but had gimped difficulty so it was boring to play compared to IV.
>>
File: Screenshot (113).png (405KB, 955x717px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (113).png
405KB, 955x717px
ITS NOT LOOKING GOOD
>>
>>377249192
I told you!

Salamander is the first boss you'll face who's a real challenge. Other candidates include Kraken, Odin, Xande, Cerberus, and Cloud of Darkness

And then... then, there's Garuda. Fuck Garuda. Dear lord.

Anyway OP, I'm gonna go grab dinner then start my next playthrough. I randomed out Black Belt, Dragoon, Sage, White Mage. Breddy gud. Race you to Crystal Tower!
>>
>>377249630
Made for a better experience for me. I just wanted to have a non stop express thru IV.

I also realize that makes me the problem.
>>
File: Screenshot (114).png (371KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (114).png
371KB, 960x719px
>>377249976
Have fun.
>>
>>377250147
quoted wrong post.
>>377249932
>>
>>377250147
>no red mage

Not surprised at all with this outcome
>>
>>377249583
>>377249630
>>377249976

What are you guys smoking? FFIV DS is the absolute hardest version of the game by far. The GBA/PSP one is the one with gimped difficulty.
>>
>>377249932

Stop spoiling the OP you fucking retard, kill yourself. Holy shit you are obnoxious.
>>
Looks like I'm going to have to grind. That Fire Breath rekt me
>>
>>377250356
I only played the DS version and just agreed that it was easier because he said so

https://youtu.be/x6Aaw2QAYQQ
>>
>>377250356
I somehow misread DS as PSP. Sorry I'm tired. I meant that the PSP version was boring compared to the DS version.
>>
>>377234390
>I hated the leveling system at first, but it grew on me. I did beat II and fairly enjoyed it.
Well if you haven't already then after your Final Fantasy series play through you should check out the SaGa series because it refines the growth mechanics of Final Fantasy II.
>>
Grinding now. Probably going to be a while before I can beat Salamander.
>>377250242
What's wrong with my team?
>>
>>377250541

DS is the best version of IV but the music sounds like ass like pretty much every DS game. Too bad Square Enix considers that the "official" version now.

DS (soundtrack CD): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iriyIrK9e14

How it actually sounds on DS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isqwuOzJits

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZVZC4x9AzA
>>
>>377251310
Playing the DS version through an emulator sounds fine.
>>
>>377251118

You never really have to grind in any FF game, just readjust your strategy. If FF3 has a Defend command or front/back rows, learn to use them instead of just yoloing.
>>
>>377251423

No it doesn't. The DS hardware is only part of the problem, as you can hear in my links. The remixes are just bad in general.
>>
>>377251423
DS emulators do not improve the sound quality beyond what you would hear on a DS.
>>
File: Screenshot (115).png (14KB, 581x281px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (115).png
14KB, 581x281px
>>377251827
>>377251598
They absolutely do sound better through an emulator.
>>
>>377250439
>Names of bosses are now spoilers

Huh.
>>
>>377251502
Nah, in FF3 you'll probably have to grind a bit to beat Salamander. You'll also have to grind immediately before Garuda a bit, and immediately after Garuda a bit. At least on the DS version. In all 3 cases, it's because through pure chance enemies can defeat your party so quickly if you don't grind that no strategy could possibly be effective.
>>
File: ff2KasualKreep.jpg (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ff2KasualKreep.jpg
230KB, 1920x1080px
Can't wait to get my next 4th party victim.
>>
File: 1463265268086.png (110KB, 466x492px) Image search: [Google]
1463265268086.png
110KB, 466x492px
>>377251310
>DS is the best version of IV
>>
>>377252718
Firion's bandanna is so gay.
>>
File: j7etUvkw0CQIU.gif (880KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
j7etUvkw0CQIU.gif
880KB, 245x184px
>>377252952
>>
OP here, what exactly happens when your job level increases? Does it up any stats?
>>
>>377253045
kek
>>
>>377253053
It improves your job-specific ability and increases the amount of hits you do. Stats are pre-determined and depend on character level and which job you are.
>>
O shit an Adamantoise just knocked the shit out of Luneth while I was grinding.
>>
>>377252096

You can't turn a bad remix into a good one by emulating it, retard. Just like you can't "patch" the GBA FF port soundtracks to sound good, despite what some retards will claim.
>>
>>377253217
Alright thanks.
>>
>>377253303
I'll give you that one.
>>
File: ff2GordonsGay.jpg (216KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ff2GordonsGay.jpg
216KB, 1920x1080px
Can't to finish this dungeon and get rid of this dead weight little bitch.
>>
>>377253646
He supposedly straightens up and commands well.
>>
Level 19 now. Grinding til 20 and then I'm going to fuck Salamander's face.
>>
File: ff2GotTheflame.jpg (496KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ff2GotTheflame.jpg
496KB, 1920x1080px
Got the flame. Time to take down the Dreadnought.
>>
>>377254228
Fuck 'em up anon.
>>
File: Screenshot (116).png (66KB, 946x634px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (116).png
66KB, 946x634px
You grind for a bit and suddenly you're the richest guy out there.
>>
>tfw dissidia will never get zemus/zeromus in EX mode
>>
>>377254608
OP here, was that even English?
>>
File: 1485275725979.png (130KB, 326x379px) Image search: [Google]
1485275725979.png
130KB, 326x379px
Am I the only one who liked the Crystal Tower + Dark World rush? I'm sure it took me more than 20 tries but when I managed to beat the bliss and joy was out of this world. Top tier music too.
>>
>>377254671
Aside from "tfw", yes, that's perfect English. Have you not played 012 DIssidia?
>>
>>377254809
I'm OP. Literally only played 2 games and am on my way into 3. Did you read the thread at all lol?
>>
>>377254809
Have you not realized that the OP is starting from the first game and is completely new to the franchise?
>>
>>377254909
Apologies. But since you're using a PSP emulator, you really should give it a try.
It's pretty cool to run around as Garland and smash various other FF characters with a giant axe.
>>
>>377254930
>>377254909
/v/ is full of illiterate retards with piss poor reading comprehension. Ignore him.
>>
>>377255307
I'll probably play the spin-offs after I play the main series.
>>
>>377254767

I liked it. FF14's take on it is magical.
>>
>>377255307

It's pretty pointless to play a fanservice crossover before playing the games that cross over, anon.
>>
Different FF3 ds anon here

>Switch Arc from ranger to geomancer
>Already doing higher damage than my knight
>occasional procs Shadow Flare that does nearly 4k damage
Jesus christ is geomancer godly in this game
>>
Nearly ready to try Salamand again. 3 out of 4 are at 20.
>>
>>377255803
Geomancer is kinda broken.

The only downside is you can't control WHICH one-hit-kill spell you end up with. That said, it IS annoying doing a boss fight like Kraken where half the time you call Whirlpool, which is certain to fail

>>377255430
Isn't it? I finally understand the whole Titan-Phlegethon-Acheron naming fiasco
>>
On my way back to him now.
>>
File: ff2IFuckedThemAnon.jpg (236KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ff2IFuckedThemAnon.jpg
236KB, 1920x1080px
>>377254332
>>
File: Screenshot (117).png (409KB, 962x719px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (117).png
409KB, 962x719px
Here we go again lads. He is doing me a frighten.
>>
3 is such a lovely game, i get fuzzy feelings when i read other's appreciations for it
>>
>>377256853
Speaking of fuzzy, what do you think Refia's hand feels like?
>>
>>377256853
It's so underrated. Kinda understandable though since the western release took so long to arrive.
>>
>>377256031
>>377255803
>Geomancer is kinda broken.
This holy shit. And even if your Terrain is useless the damn Bells hit like a truck for some reason.
>>
File: wsff3-official1.jpg (8KB, 237x153px) Image search: [Google]
wsff3-official1.jpg
8KB, 237x153px
>>377256853
>>377257002
>tfw 2D remake never
>tfw the Wonderswan remake will never come to be
Feels bad man
>>
File: wsff3-official2.jpg (10KB, 237x153px) Image search: [Google]
wsff3-official2.jpg
10KB, 237x153px
>>377257235
>>
>>377256997
rough and callused from the blacksmith training
but warm, like a good friend's
>>
File: final-fantasy-iii-ws-playmag51.jpg (123KB, 740x263px) Image search: [Google]
final-fantasy-iii-ws-playmag51.jpg
123KB, 740x263px
>>377257301
>>
File: Screenshot (118).png (406KB, 955x718px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (118).png
406KB, 955x718px
INGUS IS DOWN, I REPEAT, INGUS IS DOWN
>>
File: Screenshot (119).png (416KB, 960x709px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (119).png
416KB, 960x709px
VICTORY
>>
File: Screenshot (120).png (272KB, 960x714px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (120).png
272KB, 960x714px
It's too bad about Ingus though.
>>
File: Screenshot (121).png (266KB, 955x770px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (121).png
266KB, 955x770px
That is some good shit!
>>
File: mara.png (1MB, 3172x1812px) Image search: [Google]
mara.png
1MB, 3172x1812px
>>377227849
you're not the first one who started a thing like this

It's coming along, but very very very slowly. Honestly have no idea if I'm going to play ff8 this year.
>>
Lol what a faggot.
>>
File: Screenshot (122).png (509KB, 963x719px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (122).png
509KB, 963x719px
>>377258468
forgot image
>>377258412
>>
>>377258412
I hope it goes well is what I meant to say before I accidentally sent the post.
>>377258552
>>
>>377258468
not really, I'm straight.
>>
>>377258684
I said it towards Luneth lol. I forgot to attach image.
>>
>>377258795
Knight is one of those jobs that just looks flat-out stupid, no getting around it. Others are Geomancer and Ninja
>>
File: Screenshot (123).png (14KB, 700x166px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (123).png
14KB, 700x166px
What's that status mean?
>>
>>377259070
It means your stats are temporarily lowered due to a job change
>>
>>377259152
That's gay
>>
Best version of both FF V and VI? I heard the PSone ones were ass.
>>
>>377259396

GBA with sound and pallet hacks.
>>
File: FF3-Geomancer.png (101KB, 250x174px) Image search: [Google]
FF3-Geomancer.png
101KB, 250x174px
>>377259019
Geomancer looks mad comfy. Do I have to Shadow Flare your bitch ass?
>>
>>377259396
GBA versions have bonus content

mobile versions fuck it all up and make all the sprites look retarded, i would not recommend buying them, just get a gba emulator and play those versions instead
>>
>>377259152
Does this also apply if I upgrade the class I'm currently using?
>>
File: Ninja.png (698KB, 967x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja.png
698KB, 967x523px
>>377259019
And Ninja Ingus looks like he could flip your shit sideways to sunday 100 times over in less than 10 seconds.
>>
>>377259396
GBA. Don't listen to any SNES nostalgiababy.
>>
>>377259019
Dual-shielding knight is the shit man
>>
>>377259396
SNES in Japanese
GBA otherwise.
>>
File: 1479112787188.jpg (127KB, 659x697px) Image search: [Google]
1479112787188.jpg
127KB, 659x697px
>My face when I got Sage in the remake
>That MP
>Those stats
>Try to Summon and it's the shitty Evoker version
Fucking stupid.

At least Ninja was still good, not god-tier, but was still top-tier.
>>
>>377259643
I love how their portraits always have a "zero fucks given" face.
>>
>>377259692
Having just played SNES FFV, I can confirm this. The fan translation is so incredibly dull and lifeless.
>>
>>377259839
>Waaaaah! They balanced a job so it's a meaningful progression over ONE magic job and not ALL of them!
I was GOING to do a run with a sage, but, you may have just talked me out of it.

On a serious note, is the MP issue that bad? I know a Sage has less charges for high level spells than Devout/Magus, but how bad is it? I had planned on joint Devout/Sage.
>>
So Defend defends your entire team?
>>
>>377260057
No, Defend is an upgraded version of Guard. You're thinking of Cover. Whenever a party member is critical health (yellow numbers), the Knight will take any physical hit directed at that party member. Very handy, as the Knight can be pretty bulky with a good shield. It's a godsend against bosses sometimes, preventing an unlucky death if the boss decides to attack your White Mage twice and scores a crit or whatever. In fact, you can use it to completely shut down an optional boss Odin, who can only use physical attacks until he hits low health and starts raping you with Zantetsuken
>>
File: file.png (78KB, 901x447px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
78KB, 901x447px
>>377260005
No. Fuck you. Sage is supposed to be overpowered up the ass. It's the fucking Sage. The end-class job. The final reward after going through Eureka. The cream of the top. It's not "balancing" when it completely ruins the point of the job itself.

>On a serious note, is the MP issue that bad?
You tell me.
>>
>>377260329
Thanks mate. Sounds like a pretty damn good tank then. Looks like I have my team.
>>
>>377260482
If you want to go cheesy with tank, the best tanking job is Viking. Their Provoke forces attacks to be directed on them, the classic strategy is to dual-wield shields with your Viking on the back line, Provoking each turn. It is absolutely no fun allowed, though.

Although it does give me an idea for a party where only one member can do any kind of meaningful damage. Viking, Bard, Devout, Black Belt might be fun.

>>377260369
Nah. The original Sage was stupid. You're silly.
Here's the MP growth for Devout, for comparison. Doesn't seem THAT much worse off. Given the greatly increased utility, I'd say less access to high-end spells is - hopefully this word doesn't trigger you too badly - balanced
>>
>>377259983
At least it doesn't have stupid Ninja Turtle references shoe-horned in.
>>
File: devout.png (98KB, 881x456px) Image search: [Google]
devout.png
98KB, 881x456px
>>377260758
Durr
>>
>>377260758
Maybe in a future playthrough I'll use a Viking but since it's my first playthrough I'm gonna do my own thing.
>>
>>377260783
>a robotic, dry-ass translation that makes every single scene fall flat is better than one that maintains the appropriate level of fun for the game but makes occasional references
weebs are a disease
>>
File: FF3-Bard.png (287KB, 470x310px) Image search: [Google]
FF3-Bard.png
287KB, 470x310px
>>377233112
>>377239532
>Shitting on Bard
>In FF3
What the fuck man? Bard is the best fucking class in that game by far.
>>
>>377261521
>maintains
Don't talk as if you've read the Japanese version. The GBA translation is far sillier than the original text.
>>
OP here, getting to Gysahl and calling it a day. Getting sleepy.
>>
Ugh the game is going to force me to become a Scholar? Fucking gay!
>>
>>377261989
You really don't have to. It helps, but it's not necessary.
>>
>>377261751
FFV is a silly game. Did you forget that the main villain is a fucking tree and that at one point he disguises himself as a splinter in order to have an anime battle with a talking turtle? The literal translation of the SNES version completely fucking kills every scene that's meant to be funny or have any emotion whatsoever.
>>
Well, I'm going to bed. I had a great time with you all. I may or may not being making another thread tomorrow. But I likely will. If I do I'll use the same image I started this one with. Goodnight all.
>>
>>377261636
>Equip Haste harp
>Sing
>Next turn
>Equip Protect harp
>Sing
>Next turn
>Equip Haste harp
>Sing
>Next turn
>Equip Protect harp
>Sing
>Next turn
>>
>>377228045
I don't see how your perspective would be worth much to anyone, you're playing babby abomination remakes. Your opinions are not valid if you haven't played the real games.
>>
>>377262648
What, the NES version? Fuck that.
>>
>>377227849
I'm currently playing my first FF, which is 4 on PSP and loving it, are 1,3,5 worth checking out? i want a good story and little grinding, anons told me to skip to 6
>>
>>377263140
OP here, I don't want to skip any of them. I immensely enjoyed I and really liked II and I'm Loving III so far.I just want to see what the entire franchise has to offer.
>>
>>377263140
1 and 3 have almost no story. 5 has a little more but it's still very light. I love all three of them, but if you're looking for story, I would skip to 7, because 6's story goes literally no where, it just dies halfway through the game
>>
>>377263140
1,3 and 5 are more gameplay than story.

I like the story of 6, the ensemble cast all have some very cool backstory and the game keeps you engaged at least for the first half, I'd say give it a go if you liked IV, the battle system is fast and easy so it won't be a waste of time if you try it.
>>
>>377263140
5 is fun because of the job system, so try it if that interests you. 6 has the better story, characters, setting, and music. They're both worth playing though.
Thread posts: 272
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.