[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the super famicom so much better looking than the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Why is the super famicom so much better looking than the super nintendo?
>>
only amerifats got the ugly version
>>
I think Nintendo didn't want it to look like a toy, so they took out the colorful palette. Is that true?
>>
>yankfucks literally wanted a blocky VCR player wannabe.
>>
File: 5076536583_d583f8ef31_b.jpg (132KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
5076536583_d583f8ef31_b.jpg
132KB, 1024x683px
Objectively superior version coming
>>
>>377226048
concave buttons > round buttons
>>
File: dims.jpg (826KB, 1200x688px) Image search: [Google]
dims.jpg
826KB, 1200x688px
>>377226048
sony is still the best
>>
Because A E T H S T E T I C S
>>
>>377226815
> no svideo
> no RGB

into the trash
>>
>>377227025
Concave means that is round, you mouthbreather
>>
>>377226048
They didn't want stupid kids putting drinks on top of the console and spilling it, so they designed the US console to be non-flat on top. Evidently the biggest cause of damage to NES consoles coming in for repairs was due to liquids spilt on them.

No idea on the drab as fuck purple on purple color scheme though, maybe they thought the multi-colored buttons were too kiddy.
>>
even the US cartridges were ugly
>>
>>377228350
Around the time the SNES was in it's design stages for US release a popular trick with the Genesis started circulating in game magazines about swapping cartridges with the power on to fuck up the game's ram and give you unlimited lifes and such. Nintendo didn't want people doing that with the SNES cartridges as it could potentially damage the cart and console so they put that tab in that locked the cartridge into the console until you pushed down on it.

Shame the tab was horribly shitty and people just kept ripping the carts out anyway, so Nintendo changed the cartridge design in 1992 or so to remove the locking ability of the console.

So basically every ugly aesthetic change was due to Nintendo anticipating stupid kids doing stupid things.
>>
>>377227675

psst. you're wrong.
>>
>>377229280
No im not, Concave means that is round "inwards" if we were talking about a solid item like a button.
CONVEX means that the curvature "pops out" of the item.

>american education
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.