[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I JUST FOUND OUT THAT THIS ALREADY CAME OUT WHAT THE FUCK?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 1

File: boy_on_bridge.jpg (547KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
boy_on_bridge.jpg
547KB, 1920x1080px
I JUST FOUND OUT THAT THIS ALREADY CAME OUT

WHAT THE FUCK?!

HOW THE FUCK DID I MISS THAT?!

WHY IS NOBODY EVER TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME?!
>>
>>377212781
thats a movie
>>
It's a cinematic walking sim.
>>
>>377212806
Epic meme!
>>
>missed the numerous threads of it, both shitting and praising, around release time
When did you get here, yesterday? Fuck off, /v/ talked about it plenty already. There just isn't much to say about it.
>>
>>377212781
it was shit.
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>377212781
It's shit desu. Trico was a mistake
>>
It wasn't very good honestly
>>
>>377212781
>missed threads about Trico butthole
how?
>>
>>377212781
because it was underwhelming

not great but not bad enough to be worth mocking either

dog AI sucked
>>
>>377213190
Surely there was more to the game than the dog
>>
>>377213273
Not really
>>
Ueda is a fucking hack and Shadow of the Colossus was a fluke, there will never be another game like SoC.
>>
>>377212781
I couldn't enjoy it because the controls were shit
>>
>>377213273
Have you never played Team Ico games?
>>
We talked about it, the conversations were unmemorable and boring as was the game itself.
>>
Because it's the worst in the series. I love it, but I fully understand why people don't. Trico's AI is shit, the controls are aged, and the puzzles simple as fuck.
>>
Did you too just step out the cryogenic freezer? Fucking Liru already came to it like months ago apparently. What the fuck happened to Never Ever?
>>
>>377212872
not OP but not everyone comes here everyday, or even, every week. I've been browsing the site for a good 12 years now but sometime I take 1-2 months off.
>>
It was talked about when it came out, but it's neither a deep nor content rich game so people stopped talking about it eventually. What a surprise.
>>
>>377213582

What the fuck do those last two sentences even mean?
>>
its weird I never really had any problems getting trico to do stuff. I think a lot of people expected it to work like a mount not an actual animal
>>
It's just old enough for /v/ to hate it already. And most people probably spammed the command button and then screamed that trico wouldn't listen after 3 seconds
>>
>>377213190
The AI is supposed to suck anon ;-)

But seriously it was a unique experience, id rather have sotc2 though
>>
>>377213718
I'm sorry but what's your name again?
>>
it was good for me but it suffered from a bad framerate and terrible controls. SotC had similar issues but it was more acceptable back then.
>>
SotC is great (top 20 material) but not comparable to Ico. Shadow of the Colossus is not as good because too much of its individual boss designs have too many pot holes and they rely on Dormin's hints heavily. This article is a little too harsh but it goes into depth about what I mean: https://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/04/its-the-gameplay-stupid-shadow-of-the-colossus/ I also dislike fruit and lizard tails' inclusion at all since they fuck with the balance. Overall the game's a little too easy. I think the health bar should absent entirely and the colossi made to be very lethal, making being stepped on or hit with a swing of their weapon instantly fatal. The imbalance isn't too bad since the game's foremost a series of puzzles, but it would have been nice if the colossi were rightfully scary and as powerful as they look.
Ico is my favorite game and I absolutely would have bought a PS4 if the game did not have frame-rate issues. Now I want to wait for the PS4 Pro because how could I play the sub-par version of the game? But given peoples' complaints about on-screen control prompts, it probably will not surpass Ico for me, but it very well may surpass SotC.
>>
>>377213718
He came to Liru and Never Ever is no more. How do you not get that?
>>
They nailed Trico, he's the greatest AI companion of all time and only gets better as the game goes on. Unfortunately they fucked up some simple shit almost every other modern game gets right like basic controls and the camera. I will say that you get a real sense of vertigo from a lot of sections, my palms were actually sweating a few times.

It's square in the middle for the Team Ico games, not as good as SotC but much better than Ico which I consider to be basically TLG minus the likable companion.
>>
the music is the best part.
>>
>>377213510
I played SotC HD. It was neat, but gave me a lot of headaches
>>
>>377215481
Other games give you headaches too, right? It's not only that game.
>>
>>377212781
I don't really get the love for Team ICO games.

I personally think Ico is a really boring game and SotC is good but not top 10 PS2 games of all time good.

Is it the aesthetics of the games that draws you guys in?
>>
>>377215725

I always assumed that people that liked these games are the same kind of people that always bring up "atmosphere" as a plus when talking about a game. Atmosphere and feels and artsy fartsy bullshit. Actually maybe not the art thing because all 3 games are grey and colorless.
>>
>>377215725
>Actually maybe not the art thing because all 3 games are grey and colorless.
wew you're really making yourself look like a pleb when you say washed out color is inherently bad. To see https://my.mixtape.moe/kjnjbp.webm and not dig the color pallet, just wew
>>
>>377214587
>unironically linking a Kotaku article
Neck yourself
>>
>>377216284
wew you're really making yourself look like apleb when you can't even reply to the right post. To see >>377216029 and then reply to someone else, just wew.
>>
>>377212781
>10 years of wait for that

Eh.
>>
>>377215725
>sotc not top 10 games on ps2

neck yourself
>>
>>377213510
I played and fell in love with SoTC. Playing the HD version of SoTC makes me realize that it didn't age as well as I thought in my head, but it's still functional and when the music sets the mood, it really pushes the game on whole new level.

Then I went back to play the other game in the collection, ICO, holy shit that is unplayable. I stopped about 2 hours in (I got past the windmill which supposedly stumped people) and I had to stop playing the moment it dawned on me that this is the game, this is the whole shtick. Instant game over if the girl is captured, such rudimentary combat that the game would be better without it to heighten escape/survivalist, and the obtuse puzzle designs.

ICO was and is that flavor of the month game back in the 2000s and good God it has aged even worse because I cannot appreciate it even at the most basic "dude its art lmao" level. It wasn't even that I was angry at the game design or just how dated the mechanics of ICO HD as a first time player, it just fucking BORED me to death and this is someone who enjoyed the empty landscape and exploration of Shadow of the Colossus. From what I'm reading, it looks like TRICO is exactly that and less of SoTC.
>>
>>377215714
Nope, it's actually only happened with SotC HD. Maybe because I played in an old, fat TV, but after playing for a while I always got headaches. I think it might have been the motion blur effect you get when rotating the camera
>>
>>377215481
>>377215714
Shadow of the Colossus has motion blur, on the PS3 version it's enhanced even further (read: fucking horrifying if you move the camera quickly). I would never recommend to anyone mess with the camera acceleration under options unless you wanna die from a seizure.

Motion blur should be togglable effect in every video game, console or PC.
>>
>it's another episode of "anon doesn't like game x and tries to look down its fans"
>>
>>377215725
I agree with your sentiment. The games are absolute trash and the only thing they had going for them at the time is
>muh atmosphere
>muh YOU are the demon

It has absolutely no gameplay. It's like a shitty version of Prince of Persia and even worse, assassins creed.
>>
>>377216692
ICO HD is 30FPS and native 720 or 1080p depending on the PS3's XMB video settings.

SoTC HD is 30FPS locked at 720p on the PS3 XMB settings. If you have the PS3 set to 1080p, it likes to drop to 25FPS. Worse if you're playing it in 3D mode.

I recommend 720p for SoTC HD on PS3 and ICO is fine at 1080p or 720p. I had serious issue with the camera until I knocked it down to 720p.
>>
>>377212872
>you have to come to 4chan literally everyday or you're a newfag and not allowed to participate
jesus you are sad
>>
>>377216029
lmfao
>>
f
>>
>>377213637
>>377216830

So you're saying you weren't on /v/ during E3. Why even pretend to be a regular here?
>>
>>377215725
http://web.archive.org/web/20160321235532/http://www.actionbutton.net/?p=409
http://web.archive.org/web/20160322010236/http://www.actionbutton.net/?p=431
>>
>>377214587
terrible opinions so of course you browse kotaku
>>
>>377212781
The anticipation and mystery of the title was more fun
People didn't actually want to play the Last Guardian, but SotC 2
>>
>>377214587
ps4 pro is out since last year
>>
>>377217368
I meant to say wait for it to drop price
>>
>>377215725
I feel the same way. SotC is really good, but that's about it. I didn't play Ico until the PS3 release, but I've played enough games back then to know what was good at the time. Ico seemed like a game you'd play on a demo disc and never actually buy the game.
>>
>>377216701
>>377216818
Oh, thank you
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has this problem. I searched online a while ago and nothing came up, so I assumed it was just me.
But on the other hand I thought it would also be because of my old TV, and that the problem would be gone in a flatscreen, but it doesn't seem that way now

Even then, I didn't know camera acceleration was an option, I'll toggle it down, that will surely help
Thank you
>>
>>377217679
>Ico seemed like a game you'd play on a demo disc and never actually buy the game.
That's exactly what I did.
>>
>>377217806
Was it actually on a demo disc? I just made that up because it feels like that type of game. More specifically, the Dreamcast demo discs.
>>
test
>>
>>377212781
>Why is nobody talking about something that came out 6 months ago with a mixed receptions

Gee I don't know
>>
>>377217261
No I wanted Ico 2, and its what I got.

Not sure why anyone though a game about an ai companion and your character escaping a large castle would be SotC 2.

Game is great, but only if you liked Ico.
>>
>>377217990
It was.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/jaekwon15/icodemo01_zps82b9984d.jpg
>>
>>377213637
Then you don't belong here.
>>
>>377212781
The controls were pretty bad, but I've played SotC so I know what I was in for.
Honestly the game's ending left me in feels for a few days, really had a real bond with Trico despite how stubborn he is.
Was pretty hard to choose which had the best ending for me, either Nier Automata's ending E or TLG's ending.
>>
>>377212781
Nobody reallyu cared about it but hardcore dronies.

Anyway, did u rike it? at the end of the day that's what matters.
>>
So were there any connections that LG had besides the universe to the other games?
>>
>>377212781
It wasn't very good
>>
To me, it feels like Team ICO are a bunch of amateurs who suck at making games despite having been in the industry for a while now. Shadow of the Colossus was just a fluke. A great game sandwiched between two terrible ones. Or maybe they really did learn how to make a game, and then a chunk of the team left before The Last Guardian.
>>
>>377212781

Because it came out too late. It would have been incredible if they managed to pull it off five or so years ago. As it was, it was just a good game with the usual Team Ico pros and cons.
>>
Does the animal die at the end?
>>
>>377219523
Sadly no one ever told you about search engines it you dumb bitch!
>>
>>377219464
I get this feel too. I found Ico and The Last Guardian unbearable and I never finished them but I played all the extra shit in SOTC to death and even bought the game again on PS3.
>>
>>377219464
>I have garbage taste: the post
>>
>>377216830
That's how it is bitch. Browse every day or don't post. OR don't be a fucking retard and have some awareness of video game news and culture so you're not playing catch-up with everyone else and posting stupid bullshit all over the board.
>>
>>377219631
>so you're not posting stupid bullshit all over the board

But that's all /v/ is though...
>>
>all team ico games are good puzzle games with heavy involvement of companion interactions
>somehow, /v/ can't grasp this and can't stop calling them "artsy fartsy walking simulators" because they saw a few screenshots of the games
>>
>>377219523
Actually in a twist that no one saw coming, it has a family and lives happily ever after
>>
70+ posts with not a single one really talking about the game itself.

Anyone played it that has an informed opinion? actual "reviews" are never trustworthy.
>>
>>377212781
This game received 38/40 from Famitsu therefore it's a masterpiece
>>
i really liked playing it. trico frustrated me sometimes and made me really happy other times. it's a great experience imo but if you want a smooth game that you can rush through it's probably not for you
>>
>>377220087
I played it
it sucks
>>
Is it actually possible to beat this game in less than 5 hours?
>>
I really liked ICO and SotC but it ran so fucking bad I couldn't stand it.
>>
It wasn't very good.
>>
>4chan shits the bed.

The most active TLG thread ever. XD
>>
>>377212781
It's just not that great. Trico is a cool idea but in execution he just works like an item that takes a few tries to do anything, and in live gameplay it ends up being little more than frustrating. Visuals are nice but are impeded by awful framerate drops; with SotC it was at least consistently at a low framerate and it also had exciting and engaging gameplay to make up for it.

It feels more like a game that's been made for the sake of an idea rather than making something actually fun.
>>
>>377220087

Bird dog starts with AI that works as the developer intended, which unfortunately means that it will ignore you a lot. As the game progresses it starts to work better. I never ran into anything immersion breaking, but it can happen. The game has a good art direction to offset the dated graphics, good score, good emotional beats if you're into that sort of thing. Controls are very team ico-y. Loose might be the word that describes it. Framerate dips occasionally.
>>
>tfw this hits you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekwVchZXtkc
>>
The ending song is so good.

I could listen it for hours.
>>
>>377221509
This, fuck.
>>
>>377212781
because its ass
its actually one of the few games where 30 fps and controls work completely against it
>>
>>377220087
>actual "reviews" are never trustworthy.
This is such a silly sentiment.
How do you think trust is built up? Read up about reviewers and learn their taste. Find a reviewer who loves your favorite game and read why they think it's good. Are they adept at describing why something is good? Do they describe something as having "tight controls" and then leave it at that? That's not good criticism. No you won't find depth from IGN, but that doesn't mean all critics are bad period. It's hard because game analysis is young but good critics exist. Basically you're acting like a pleb who says something like "I hate all western/eastern games" just because they had a bad experience with a couple games but duh that's never the case. Good exceptions exist everywhere. Dig deeper. There are already a couple links ITT to reviews about other games. Start there.
tl;dr: Follow authors, not brands.
>>
>>377212872

I was here and those threads were practically non existent. They were maybe around for like 3 days after it released and even then they were like 1 or 2 throughout the day compared to the countless off topic shit posting threads.
>>
>sonyroaches doing anything but shitposting or playing FIFA/COD
LMAO OP, thats a good one
>>
>>377212781
lol as if
did you know that the NX is now the Switch?
also they made a PS4 Pro
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.