[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we already have the two worst hames of the year so far, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 1

So we already have the two worst hames of the year so far, but which one is worse?
>>
>>377212473
probably Akiba's Beat due to being completely different and shit from Akiba's Trip
>>
>>377212551
>xseed pumped money into this game that flopped as fuck in japan
>>
>>377212473
Definitely Caligula.
>>
>>377212473
Dark Rose Valkyrie will be even fucking worse than either of them.
>>
>>377212473
akihabara is shit, nippombashi is where the real niggas play
>>
>>377212473
Akiba Beat. I can't believe XSEED was retarded enough to license this shovelware.
>>377212898
Nothing can be worse than Akiba Beat.
>>
How bad was Caligula?
>>
>>377212473
Akiba's Beat probably. Didn't see any threads about it yesterday. Caligula at least got a thread that hit bump limit on release while only being on one platform.
>>
>>377212473
Caligula isn't a bad game though, outside of being terribly optimized.
>>
I got Beat for $20 because of some Amazon discounts. If you detach it from the Trip games it's okay I guess.

The battle system is literally Tales of though. It's actually kind of shameless. I actually wonder if some old staff from the Tales series helped worked on it or if they just said fuck it and decided to rip it off. Ironically it actually works to the game's favor. Since it's more or less a 1-1 copy of Tales (it's closest to Abyss) it's actually solid enough. Haven't been able to do any "crazy" combos yet, but stringing skills together and being able to swap characters on the fly is satisfying, especially once you get more members.

Outside of combat though the rest of the game has been pretty eh. I'm only on Chapter 3 (about 3 hours in or so) and you pretty much just walk from story point to story point to advance the plot. There's sub-events and quests but it still feels really linear. Walking around Akiba isn't as entertaining as it was in Trip either because there's no random ads playing anymore and all the non-story NPCs are just faceless outlines.

Story is kind of interesting, but I can see why people called it a "Persona rip-off" due to the P5 hype still going on. Basically there's people who through some circumstance the plot hasn't revealed fully yet can cause their delusions to manifest in reality, basically warping the real world to suit their dream vision. The main characters are capable of going into this "Delusionscape" which are the dungeons of the game and destroying the source of the delusion, returning things back to normal. Which is kind of like Palaces except they actually affect shit in the real world. For some reason the party is stuck in a groundhog's day loop of Sunday too and are trying to find out how to escape.

It's better than most stuff CH pumps out, but I dunno why Xseed banked so hard on it selling here. It can't even rely on fanservice sales since it's not suggestive at all.
>>
>>377212613
>because its flopped in Japan it will flop in the west
>>
>>377212473
I only played both for like 2 hours, but I'd go with Beat.

Caligula has a unique battle system and is hurt pretty hard by FPS drops and loadtimes while Beat is just a shitty Tales rip off and the worst localization that Xseed has ever done.
>>
>>377213183
PS4 version when?
>>
>>377212473
Akiba Beat where it literally lose all the charm it had
>>
>>377212551
This.
Even though Akiba's Trip was a poor mans Way of the Samurai, we haven't had a Way of the Samurai for quite a bit when that game came out and it had some merits. Akiba's Beat is just a poor mans Tales of, which we get bi-yearly anyway.
>>
Caligula tries to be different at least.

Beat is literally Tales Of.
>>
Beat was doomed from the moment they included Akiba in the title. Even though they said it's a spinoff and not a sequel to the first two people aren't going to be able to disassociate the two. It's not like it has much going for it on its own either. Undead and Undressed was a clunky mess and it wasn't like the story was stellar, but there was some fun to be had customizing your character and running around in wacky outfits stripping people with Drunken Master moves. Beat doesn't even have that silliness as an appeal.
>>
Isn't the Valkyria Chronicles game releasing this year? That also looks like a contender for absolutely terrible in every regard.
>>
>>377213086
Worse than Akiba's Beat.
>>
>>377213617
Supposedly, the story is pretty decent so it at least has that.
>>
>>377213201

Oh yeah, worst thing by far is the fucking annoying mascot character who never shuts the fuck up. It's similar to the Navigators from Persona in he tells you an enemies weakness and shit, but he talks twice as much both in and out of battle and his lines are triggered EVERY time you pass by a store/save point/treasure chest/door. Every. Single. Time.

You can replace him with a cute maid later but it's still grating as fuck after a while.
>>
>>377213738
Why? What does it do that is so bad? Only real complaints I've seen is the framerate.
>>
Fuck Hiro
>>
>>377213539
>tries to be different
>taking half of the games assets from SAO games
no
>>
>>377212473
Caligula is unplayable.
Beat is playable.
Caligula is worse.
>>
>>377213847
The combat is a broken unplayable mess that doesn't work.
>>
>>377214116
what? the combat is the only decent part.
>>
>>377213242
Most of the times what you said maybe true because because of the different tastes between Japan and the States.

But this time the game is not being panned for petty reasons. The reasons are pretty clear cut, the game is just not well received because it is no longer the same genre as the previous installments and the plot is just some Persona-esque hogwash.

The Japanese fans made it clear on why they hated it, and the western fans took a look at it and agreed that it was going to be bad. And yet XSEED still decides to pour all their effort into it.

I ain't blaming them from bringing a game over, but I'm just saying that they shouldn't act surprised when a game with negative reception ends up getting the same results over here too.
>>
>>377214116
>>377214185
WELL WHAT IS IT?
>>
>>377214116
Really? That's been the one thing that I've seen being praised.
>>
>>377214116
>>377214048
I'm gonna need deets on how this game is unplayable.
>>
>>377212473
Akiba's Beat
>>
>>377212473
How long until Xseed puts Beat on sale and gets port it to pc?
>>
>>377214220
>>377214221
Now I wouldn't say that the combat was terrible, trust me it's only the saving grace of the entire game. It was also actually interesting to see them try something new in a JRPG. But the entire thing have some kinks that needed to be worked out. A small example would be that in Caligula Effect you can't revert the orders that you have given to a party member once you have moved on to the next character. Which is kinda odd for a game that emphasizes on doing combo moves.
>>
>>377214221
>>377214220
just my opinion, but i found it quite fun.
You basically have to plan moves to juggle enemies in the air, the games lets you see what happens three turns ahead. The only issue ive found is that its heavily reliant on things actually hitting, so being more than 5-10 levels behind the enemy makes the fight borderline impossible (especially since accuracy buffs seems to not do anything, but that might be just me)
>>377214320
you could say its unplayable because it runs at a constant 15 fps. I wonder who was the retard who thought putting floor reflections on every fucking level was a good idea.
>>
>>377212473
Caligula Effect
>>
From what I've played so far, the combat in Beat is the least of its problems. They just blatantly lifted the Tales battle system right down to free run and overlimits. It's unoriginal, but it works fine if you like Tales combat and there's actually a fair amount of battle customization when it comes to the characters. The party members I have so far all play fairly differently as well too. Everything outside of that is bland as fuck though.

Both games only have the combat as their saving grace, but at least Beat runs at a solid framerate. Still wait for it to go on sale unless you're really itching for something to play.
>>
>>377214217
Reminds me of that time when NISA localised Tme and Eternity for some bizarre reason.
>>
>>377214921
Is that on Vita for Beat?
>>
>>377215069

PS4. Maybe the Vita version runs worse but I haven't watched any videos of it or anything.
>>
>>377215216
I'm just wondering, since I wouldn't expect a Unity game to run well on Vita, especially since they delayed it several months after the PS4 one due to performance issues. Have a PS4 too but if I ever do get Beat I'd rather play it on my Vita.
>>
>>377215216
Does it run at 60fps in combat? That was one of the reasons I didn't buy Zestiria.
>>
>>377215062
Almost forgot what that game was.

It was that shit by imageepoch ain't it? I almost feel bad for that game because that small company was just trying to get their hand into making a big game.

Still, no excuse for being garbage though.
>>
After localizing Akiba's Beat it makes me curious as to what the budget and payroll is for XSEED Games in America.

Clearly these games don't get localized. And the way they still indulge in giving people both subs and dubs means they're willing to put a bit of a budget and work into the games that let's face it, are the equivalent of C team of Japan's game industry.

I don't even speak out of spite, I've bought several of their games and I'm happy with what I got, but it just gets me thinking that in order to keep XSEED open they have to make sacrifices with their payroll just to get the dub voices, sub licensing fees, and bidding rights for localization.

Shoutouts to the XSEED translators who literally live on ramen noodle just to localize weeb games, unsung heroes. I think they're the same company who localizes Trails in the Sky, I heard one of their translators was on the verge of suicide during translation due to the overwhelming workload but he/she kept going out of passion for the project. Shit's nuts.
>>
>>377215538
yeah but no one asked for a dub, nor do I really expect anyone even using the dub
it just seems like a waste
>>
Caligua's worst aspect is the shit framerate. If it got ported to PS4, it'd be pretty good
>>
>>377212473
Beat's only problem is not being like sTrip. If you remove that bias, it's a good game with functional combat and quirky characters.
>>
I just arrived in this thread
has the anti-Idea Factory defense force arrived?
What about the fags that only care for dramatic and "super mature" games?
>>
>>377215857
It probably will. Furyu didn't even patch the issues yet over in japan.
>>
>>377215393

Seems so, and I haven't experienced in FPS dips yet.

Keep in mind that even on PS4 the game and effects still aren't that visually impressive so there's no real reason for the framerate to chug. But even with 4 party members, two of which casting spells, against 4 enemies with several spell casters of their own using skills and with the funky special effect power-up mode activated, it hasn't stuttered once.
>>
>>377215857
>Caligua's worst aspect is the shit framerate.
And the lackluster story/characters. And the bad/dull graphics. And the broken combat.
>>
Akiba's Trip 3 with a more Yakuza-esque combat system and plot continuing from the anime when
>>
>>377215998
>broken combat
are you just going to repeat this without even explaining why you think is broken?
>>
>>377215863

>only problem

Ehhh. The dungeons are very bland and the city is boring to traverse because there's no real NPCs to talk to or anything. You're just running from story point to story point doing the occasional sub-event. Though I agree that the combat is fun and the cast so far is alright.
>>
>>377216024
Probably never. I think acquire said something about Beat just being a spin-off, but the reception and how it sold can't be good for the franchise.

The anime, despite being quite fun, also bombed pretty hard.
>>
>>377216024
Never. Aquire said Beat was supposed to fund the next game.
>>
>>377216117
They said they have plans for a AT3 but don't currently have the money to do it unless someone can donate them a million bucks.
>>
>>377216024

It will probably be a long time, if ever.

Acquire said they wanted to make a Trip 3 that would be a lot bigger and more ambitious, but they didn't have the budget for it so they made Beat as a result instead. Considering Beat flopped in Japan and the anime didn't do so hot either, that dream is now further from reality.
>>
>>377216095
>the cast so far is alright.
i really like shogo and mifue. too bad there is surprisingly little character interaction and the social links are short as fuck.
>>
>>377216117
>>377216173
Dammit, this makes me sad.
AT2 had potential to improve on the admittedly meh combat and the anime was so great.
I wish Acquire didn't go hog wild with Beat
>>
>>377216087
Of course he is.
>>
I don't even want a Trip 3 unless they have another blonde, foreign girl and give her a route this time.
>>
>>377213201
actually, when you think about it, Akiba's Beat is not copying Persona, it is literally Akiba Rangers season 1 in a nutshell
>>
>>377216256
>AT2 had potential to improve on the admittedly meh combat and the anime was so great.

Undead and Undressed IS Akiba's Trip 2.
You're thinking a hypothetical 3.
>>
>>377216087
Because the mechanics don't work.
>>
>>377216391
But power rangers never went to Japan.
>>
>>377216560
what mechanics? everything works fine on my game.
>>
>>377212898
Retard. Nothing will be worse than Akiba Beat.
>>
>>377216730
>Dude worst game everrrrrrrrrr!
>You are not my mom! I hate you!
fucking 16 year old retards
>>
>>377216560
The mechanics could use some polish but they did work

If anything, Caligula made me wonder if P2fags are just contrarians since they're always going on about how P2 has the best persona story, and honestly Caligula's was underwhelming to say the least
>>
>This is the worst.
>Why?
>It's broken and doesn't work.
>Why?
>It's the worst.

What the fuck is going on in this thread?
>>
>>377212473
Which one is the closest to Persona to sate my appetite
>>
Let's not forget IGN, Neogaf, polygon, etc hates the low budget japanese marketing. They don't make progressive indies about lesbianism or rebellious girls with red hair.

The sad truth is most of /v/ users only care for graphics, romance and emotional story.
Today the difference between neogaf and /v/ is close zero.
>>
>>377216837
i can assure you its been underwhelming for everyone.
>>
>>377216351
Don't fucking remind me
>>
>>377216821
There's a reason why this shitty game bombed so hard in Japan on both PS4 and Vita. It's shit.
>>
>>377216173
What the fuck is up with the Japanese always shooting them selves in the foot?
>>
>>377216837
It's like saying the first Alien is garbage because Ridley Scott has been making shitty movies recently.

Chrono Trigger is lauded these days but when the majority of the original creative team got back together they made Blue Dragon, not exactly a masterpiece of a game.

Persona 2 has a great story, doesn't mean the writer is going to pump out gold every fucking time.
>>
>>377215538
>I heard one of their translators was on the verge of suicide during translation due to the overwhelming workload but he/she kept going out of passion for the project

That's a lovely bit of misinformation. What actually happened is that Spacedrake and the other Carpe Fulgur guy bit off more than they could chew and did little to no work on the game for years due to various reasons (this is what ended up making Spacedrake suicidal, his failures were building up and starting to threaten to crush him). SC took like 5 years to be localized because of this, while the others have had a turnover rate of 6-12 months.
>>
>>377216837
Tadashi is a broken man at this point anon. You should at least play P2 before calling anyone contrarian.
>>
>>377216914

Caligula.

Beat's similarities to Persona are superficial at best. The only thing they really have similar to each other is taking place in Japan and going into weird pocket dimension dungeons born from unaware people.
>>
>>377217004
most games don't sell well in Japan other than MH and Dragon Quest.
Akiba's Trip only sold because it was released on PS3/PS4 for a very low price.
>/v/ only buys what Famitsu score high
well that's not any different from Neogaf metacritic threads. Oh wait we have those too.
>>
>>377217029
As someone else said they wanted AT3 to be huge so they were trying to get funds by making a spin-off and an anime, but both flopped really hard.
>>
>>377217123
I tried and the encounter rate was off-putting for a game with shitty combat
>>
>>377212473
>eastern games
when will they learn?
>>
>>377216971

>Kati is the best girl in 2
>no route
>Arisa is the best girl in the anime
>not the main girl

Why do they keep doing this
>>
The same people who give 4/10 to Akiba's Beat are the same ones who consider Undertale and Gone Home 10/10.

If you want to have an opinion on japanese games never listen to journalists or /v/
>>
>>377217310
/v/ keeps saying these weeb games are garbage, weebfags are in the minority here
>>
>>377216837
Are you unfamiliar with FuRyu's MO or something? Is everyone in this thread? Attaching some big name to their projects for the sake of marketing is what they do. What was that last game of theirs called? Legend of Legacy or something like that. That was marketed as the story being by the writer of Chrono Trigger, and then the game came out, and it turns out CT's writer only wrote the bare outline for the story, and the game had practically no story to speak of anyway.

FuRyu is like a jew merchant that sells you water claiming it's holy water blessed by the pope. Then gullible retards buy it and, surprise, it was just tap water. I don't know why people keep falling for it.
>>
>>377217310
this
>>
>>377217151
Yeh nah, it sold so bad it didn't even chart at all ever. I doubt it sold more than 1000 copies total on either platform. It's just that bad. But hey go ahead and buy this kusoge, but don't expect to have fun with it. It's just a poor man Tale clone.
>>
>>377217310

To be fair, I'm enjoying Beat but it's not that great. From what I've played so far it's a 7/10 at best maybe unless something drastically changes later on. It's amusing enough, but just like Trip it doesn't seem to be anything more than a decently entertaining budget title.
>>
>>377212473
>he doesn't know about me andromeda
>>
>>377217394
I actually am, never really bought a Furyu game before

I enjoyed the game though, just not for what I thought I would
>>
Akiba's Beat highest score: 9/10 (twice)
The Caligula Effect highest score: 7/10
>>
>>377217394
What was the game about? The last game I remember that they published was Lost Dimension. You're right about Furyu having a bad reputation but Caligula has been received better than their other titles.
>>
>>377217594
>Caligula has been received better than their other titles.
It's critical average is a 5. How bad were the others?
>>
>>377217669
Is that score from western reviewers?
>>
Same reviewer
http://www.godisageek.com/reviews/akibas-beat-review/
Akiba's Beat: 4/10

2064: Read Only Memories: 9/10
http://www.godisageek.com/reviews/2064-read-only-memories-review/

The score industry is a joke.
>>
>>377217886
Akiba Beat is a bad game. What's new? XSEED got meme'd into localizing this garbage.
>>
Less people playing or talking about it = better
Nier is destroyed forever because of the butt memes and PC port (brazilians, russians, canadians and americans masturbating to 2B fanpic all day).
Persona is destroyed forever after the latest release.
Nothing is worse for a japanese game than get high popularity in the western market.
>>
>>377217090
Pretty sure he had a fit about Rennes back story being "problematic" as well when xseed wouldnt let him edit out the uncomfortable bits.
>>
>>377212473
Caligula is worse, no contest.
>>
>Akiba's Beat is XSEED's most expensive project to date, including Cold Steel 1 and 2
>it's one of the most poorly received titles in recent years in Japan, both financially and critically
This is the game that will bankrupt XSEED. It will be glorious.
>>
>>377218385
yeah I'd hate to see dragon quest end up like final fantasy
>>
>>377218806
>critically
citation needed
>>
>>377218385
Popularity in general destroys franchises because execs get greedy and force directors and designers to pander to the largest possible audience, there's a reason why the best games of all genres are niche and sell around 200-500K at best.
>>377218806
>This is the game that will bankrupt XSEED.
I hope so, the world will be much better off without WD 2.0.
>>
>>377218976
>my body fat percentage exceeds my IQ and google is beyond me
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>377219108
If Xseed dies Marvelous Japan goes with it.
>>
>>377219125
you said critics didn't like the game in japan.
Critics means more than 1. Citation is still needed.
>>
>>377219318
>If Xseed dies Marvelous Japan goes with it.
Marvelous hardly produced anything of value, I've enjoyed a few of their budget games, but it wouldn't be a loss unless you like titty ninjas that much, which you can find pretty much anywhere this days.
>>
Minder that Jessica Chavez - the person responsible for the edited English scripts in FC and SC - is with Aksys and that the LoH license would be better off with them rather than xseed.
>>
>>377219125
>I'm a dummy poopoo head
what did he mean by this?????????????????????????
>>
>>377219632
They make Story of Seasons and Rune Factory too.
And having one of the bigger localizers just suddenly die wouldn't necessarily mean that the others would pick up what they're currently doing. It'd be a lose-lose for everyone.
>>
>famitsu didn't like the game therefore it's a game that failed critically
>b-but it means they are professionals trained to review games and give a fair score

Too many americans this hour, I will come back later
>>
>>377219824
>It'd be a lose-lose for everyone.
Except those who know moon, why don't you know moon yet, Anon?
>>377219873
The problem is that nobody liked the game even at an audience level, it flopped catastrophically, wouldn't be surprised if it ranked high on the japanese 2016KOTY.
>>
>>377217493
>Upon the PlayStation 4 version's release, the game failed to chart in the weekly Media Create Top 20.[21] In Famitsu's Top 30, Akiba's Beat ranked as the 26th best selling of that tracking window with 5248 units sold, for a 20-40% sell-through.[22] This figure was roughly a tenth of what Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed sold in a similar period of time on PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3 back in 2013.
>>
>>377216940

>implying Neogaf honestly cares about progressive games about lesbianism

They hate the Neps and the Tittyninjas, though. They only shill for progressive SJW games when it's a member of their Indie Cartel cashing in the paycheck from them, otherwise they relentlessly shit on them.

maybe if western lesbian games actually believed in having attractive characters they could do well, too. But no they've gotta be ugly/looks like trannies to be "realistic"
>>
>>377213183
The gameplay trailer left me deeply embarrassed. How can you make a game so badly you can't even get a couple of snippets of footage that don't look like ass for the trailers?
>>
With Caligula, people don't like what it is. With Akiba's Beat, people are upset about what it isn't.
>>
>>377219873
The game didn't even chart in Media Create. How do you even look at that and say "Yeah, this wasn't a failure".
>>
>>377217394
And they're doing it again.
http://gematsu.com/2016/10/alliance-alive-new-classic-rpg-developed-studio-behind-legend-legacy
>>
>>377220213
really makes you think...
>>
>>377219318
No it won't. Marvelous Japan is a different entity. They can work very well without the need for XSEED as seen with Valkyrie Drive being released both on Vita then PC without XSEED being involved at all.
>>
>>377216560
>too hard to play
>can't understand it becuse it's not attack/magic/item baby tier
>must be broken
>>
>>377220381
Valkyrie Drive turned out pretty alright, a shame that Uppers and VD will never get a follow up.
>>
Should I get a Vita?
>>
>>377220887
I wish there would be a VD sequel, this time with the cowboy jew loli in the cast.
>>
>>377220181
They bit much more than they could chew on a programming/planning level, which is a shame since the game itself is alright, but it runs like complete ass, and it really shouldn't do so with such low polycount and assetts, if the Atelier games run at 30 FPS with much better assets and other RPGs like Scarlet Grace run at 60 while also having tons of different animations/particle effects and models there's really no excuse for Caligula to run like that other than incompetence and huge oversights on the devs' part.
If you can't optimize games to run at a bare minimum of 25 FPS just remove stuff like reflections or particle effects ffs, this is development 101 and they still managed to fuck it up.
At least it's a much better game than anything they made so far though, so I can kind of close an eye on the shitty performance.
>>377220359
Cattle Call isn't Fu-Ryu though, those are former Square employees who know what they're doing.
>>377220901
I'm pretty happy with mine, but don't get it if you want dudebro stuff.
>>
>>377221117
Cattle Call also made Legend of Legacy.
>>
>>377221198
I know, what about it?
>>
>>377221117
I like weebshit, and Vita seems to have a lot of that
>>
>>377221301
No point buying a Vita when so many Vita games get ported to PC and in most case it's the superior version too. There's at least 5 or more games that were previously dub only on Vita that are dual audio on PC.
>>
>>377221249
It's the exact same MO as Legend of Legacy, they're just using the Suikoden creator this time.
>>
Nu Persona fans are doing a calculated falseflag campaign against Caligula because they're assmad that Satomi Tadashi wrote a better story and characters for it than P3-5, move along.
>>
>>377220824
Because it actually is broken and nothing works. Atracks don't connects, buffs do nothing, enemies that are the same level can instakill. Sometimes people see you and others they don't. It's a broken mess.
>>
>>377212473
People who treat localized release dates as the real release dates are the fucking worst, both games came out last year.
>>
>>377221487
>It's the exact same MO as Legend of Legacy
Yes?
You do realize that the "guy who wrote CT"(There were many writers who worked on CT by the way) thing is a western thing, do you?
Cattle Call is 90% made of former SaGa team members, they make SaGa clones, nobody in japan cares about stories in SaGa games, Cattle Call is betting on SaGa clones so much that LoL used the same illustrator and one of the main composers of the SaGa series as main draw.
Only the west cares about who writes the scenario in a game where story is not even remotely a priority, and even in Japan they only care about stories in SaGa games if Kawazu writes them, so if you bought LoL because of the story you've been scammed hard by the western journalists.
>>
What's the Akiba series? Is that the one where you're a photographer snapping upskirts of girls in comically sneaky ways?
>>
>>377222443
That's Natsuiro High School.
>>
>>377215062
>Reminds me of pretty much everything NISA localizes
FTFY
>>
>>377214534
>you can't revert the orders that you have given to a party member once you have moved on to the next character
If small QoL issues were the only criticism against the combat system no one would be calling it terrible, is there anything actually wrong with it?
>>
>>377218412
That wasn't part of the shitstorm that went down back when this broke but it's entirely possible, the guy doesn't deserve to be shat on relentlessly but most of his issues (at least in the professional field) WERE of his own device and he has expressed stupid opinions in the past.

Also it's Carpe fucking Fulgur, I don't know what XSEED were expecting when they hired them.
>>
>>377213201
The thing about Akiba's Trip was the thematic feeling of the game. It felt organic in a sense that the world was constantly moving and different places had different merits and shops. The stripping part was definitely fun and the dialogue options had their own sense of humor to boot.

So what would male or break Akiba's Beat is if it can get the thematic feeling right, with random commercial jingles in the background when exploring and references to various aspects of their culture in the missions and quests. Akiba's Trip did that with the Idol 52 and old woman cosplayer missions really well, even the scammers were adding to the appeal in their own way.

So in the end, does it have a good thematic sense in the game? Or does it feel like P3 tartarus?
>>
>>377222443
Its where you strip down people in public.
>>
>>377216940
Most of /v/ users care for the overall experience of the game. Everything, from the story, theme, characters and gameplay needs to fit seamlessly well to gain approval from /v/. /v/ loves Nier Automata, at least everyone except nintenshills mad that it isn't in their consoles, but the difference between /v/ and neofags is that /v/ cares for the experience of the game more than the message it might have within it if it has one at all, while neofags care for the message of the game with minimal to no regard for the experience and always look for a deep message even if one does not exist.
>>
>>377222979
It's not really a small QoL issue when the game is dependant on that mechanic to actually play it
>>
>>377221449
That only matters if you have a PC that can run them.
>But even my toaster can play vita ports!
t. man who doesn't own a toaster
>>
>>377225361
With the money wasted on a Vita, he could upgrade his PC.
>>
>>377225451
A vita tv is around 30 bucks.
>>
>>377212473
Caligula is shit.
Akiba's Beat is fine.
>>
Man. I sure do love hearing kusoge stories. Might be a shot in the dark but does anybody have some insider info about the development of these games?
>>
>>377217586
It's $30 already. Worth a buy?
>>
>>377227291
If you wanna waste $30 sure
>>
>>377226623
This
>>
>>377217297
Because the best girls are for you, and not for the MC.
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.