[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: that one game you've started several times and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: final_fantasy_iv_esrb.jpg (109KB, 650x580px) Image search: [Google]
final_fantasy_iv_esrb.jpg
109KB, 650x580px
ITT: that one game you've started several times and never finished
>>
>>377211327
You should try playing any other version besides the DS version.

It was reballanced specifically for people who had already played the game.
>>
>>377211327
Your mom
>>
Why haven't you finished it.
>>
Fallout 4

I've played the first 10-20 hours of it several times but don't think I've ever bothered to play it for longer than that. Game gets incredibly boring once you've got a decent set of gear and weapons.
>>
>>377211327
That exact game, lmao
It's really good but I always get distracted.
>>
>>377211327
999. I got the submarine ending and tried to replay multiple times it to get the other endings but i couldn't care anymore.
>>
>>377211442

I never played the original and I thought the DS version was pretty much the perfect difficulty for a JRPG. I'm not even particularly patient with JRPGs and have quit on way more than I've finished
>>
>>377211468

came here to post this
>>
I always stop at the cave that forces you to use non metal gear.
>>
>>377211442

PS1 version is the best if your a new player.

you get:

>all the people that were assumed to die in the original
>A final dongeon that provide you with awesome new weapons and mechanics for each player
>new side quest which make you (re)discover how awesome the map is.
>memo saving
>load times between scenes that are ok
>>
>>377211327
Dragon Age, Mass Effect, GTA4
>>
>>377211896
Last dungeon was brutal though, probably the hardest jrpg dungeon i've ever played
>>
File: きつい.png (335KB, 788x1238px) Image search: [Google]
きつい.png
335KB, 788x1238px
Disgaya series. I really like everything about those games, except the gameplay.
>>
>>377211327
Like every single game. I don't even know why I come here.

Last game I beat was AVGN2, and before that Little Samson. Fuck me.
>>
Darksiders
>>
>>377211327
>metal gear except the first one
>witcher
>Fallout
>>
>>377211442
This. The DS version gives everything fuckloads of health and expects you to abuse the augment system.

Seriously, the normal enemies on the moon have the same, if not more HP than certain bosses faced shortly before.
>>
>>377213506
Darksiders 2 for me.

I end up getting bored whenever I get to the big tree.
>>
>>377211716
forcing a player to watch the same scenes and solve the same puzzles over and over again to get to the best part of the game is obviously an awful design choice, but the true end is definitely worth playing (even more so if you haven't been spoiled)
>>
>>377211327
I've played the first 5 final fantasies and IV is the worst by far.
>>
>>377211327
FF4 DS is pretty difficult for a JRPG. Fuck everything about the moon.
>>
>>377211327
Skyrim, no matter how many mods I have or how many characters I make, I never make it even halfway through the game
>>
>>377211327
>get to the moon
>drop the game and never look back
>>
Vagrant Story, I love the overall atmosphere and music/sound design of the game, but I can't get over the tedious gameplay

>have to keep switching between weapon types becase otherwise enemies take no damage
>must go through Snake Eater tier menu to do so

Also, the original Rayman, I keep telling to myself I will someday beat this game. I still haven't managed to get past Picture City.
>>
>>377214459
Rayman was one of my first games and I've never reached the last world.
>>
Half-Life 2
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
>>
>>377211327
Dragon age Origins
checked out several race options, decided to go with a mage, which was my first character.
ended up not wanting to bother finishing the grey warden quests again, welp
>>
Nocturne. I always stop when I get to Ose for some reason
>>
Batman Arkham Knight
The Order 1886
Claire
TLOU (although I finally beat it like a month ago)
Life is Strange (finally made it to Chapter 4 after buying it back in November)
FF IV
FF VI
FF X-2
FF X
FF XV
I keep saying I'm going to start playing Smite and get into it but I can't be bothered. I did start playing Paladins recently, enjoying that, which is a surprise.
>>
>>377219887
I'd also add in MGS 5 Ground Zeroes and although I don't have a PS3 anymore, I've started and stopped playing Fallout 3 so many times I'm honestly ashamed. I kept gettiing to that bit with the giant cockroach and just giving up honestly.
>>
>>377211327
rayman 2
>>
FFVII
>>
>>377211645

have you tried the new survival mode? it doesnt totally eliminate the issue you describe but it does make the game a helluva lot better. If FO5 is balanced around a similar "mode" and ditches the personal narrative in favor of something more open ended a la NV, i'll be a happy camper.

>>377211327

Bloodborne. Not sure why but I always get bogged down and bored somewhere around when you start doing the nightmare bits.
>>
>>377211716
Take a guide for puzzles you've done once to avoid losing time
Check flowchart if it's too much effort to find the right doors + flags
True ending is top tier

Just finish it
>>
Dragons Dogma
>>
>>377211327
>that one game you've started several times and never finished
Most of the NES library.
>>
Skyrim

You keep thinking mods will make it better but by around level 30 you realize they don't.
>>
>>377211327
Kingdom Hearts. I've played up to Wonderland a few times and still haven't gotten past the beginning of the Hercules area. I'm going to go buy 1.5 + 2.5 and finally play it that way since playing games on PS2 with a wired controller requires me to sit up and it hurts my neck.
>>
>>377211327
Morrowind for me. I'll start a new character, play for awhile, feel the itch to play a different character, start that new character, play for awhile, and then feel the itch again. I'm usually not THAT indecisive so I don't know why it happens.
>>
>>377211327
>Get to the moon
>Suddenly hate everything about the game
>Stop playing
Every damn time
>>
>>377211327
Vagrant Story. I spend too much time grinding drops and trying to craft awesome gear before I lose interest or hit a wall with the gear progression.
>>
>>377221413
wut

the moons the coolest part tho
>>
>>377211327
Furi.
>>
>>377214459
Were you trying to play before or after people figured out you only needed 3 weapons instead of 8? All i remember without exaggerating is that it took a very long time way past the game's lifetime before people figured it out.
>>
>>377211327
Actually just beat that one the other day. Is The After Years even worth playing? I enjoyed the game overall, but found the story to be really lacking, especially in the second half.
>>
>>377211327
>MOTHER 3 (mostly because my saves would vanish or corrupt for whatever reason)
>STALKER: SoC (it gets repetitive for a while mid-game, and i just really like the progression of the first couple hours)
>most final fantasy games
>morrowind and daggerfall (I'm an oblivionbabby, it came out when i was 15 and i'd never tried a first person rpg before so it's hard to enjoy the earlier entries, as much as I'd like to)

there's loads more but these are the more prevalent ones
>>
>>377214323
It just feels like really retarded space shit crammed into a previously-fantasy setting. I think the lack of coherency just bothers me.
>Don't mind me just walking around the surface of the moon xD

Also, why is it always the fucking moon? FFVIII tried to pull the same shit, though it seemed to fit better. The moon is just a shitty rock and I have no idea why people seem to love it so much.
>>
>>377221981
Meant for >>377221564
>>
>>377211327

Legend of Mana. Everyone says it's such a good game but every time I try to play im too bored to continue.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.