[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Buy 1200$ PC all games work perfectly at 1080 60 fps set

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 2

File: 1452118827167.gif (456KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1452118827167.gif
456KB, 420x315px
>Buy 1200$ PC all games work perfectly at 1080 60 fps set to high and in rare cases ultra by default. Never have to look at system requirements for the next few years everything is guarantied to just work.

Thank you for holding back gaming consoles.
Because all of the current consoles are basically just budget gaming PCs this means until the next generation of consoles comes i will not have to buy new hardware for gaming on PC.
And even then i am safe for the first 2 years even if a PS5 and Xbox Next comes out.
God knows next gen consoles will be just as strong as a current gen 1200$ PC so even then i wont have to buy hardware for years.

Why do you people hate consoles?
They are literally saving you money.
Keeping developers in cheek forcing them to focus more on game play than making pointlessly good graphics that force you to buy new hardware.
They are not even that expensive.
You can usually buy them used near their mid life circle for like 200$.
I got the bloodbornestation for just 250$ last year (blood borne included).
>>
>>377211285

>poorfag, the post
>>
>denuvo
>steam
>valve
>>
>>377211484
>Physical DRM
>PSN
>Sony
>>
>>377211372
Enjoy your richafag status.

The commies are becoming popular.
Guess who they strike first.
>>
>>377211285
>all of the current consoles are basically just budget gaming PCs
They aren't. The integrated APU and unified RAM of consoles is vastly above x86 crap, tech-wise
>>
Nice Undertale machine bro
>>
File: 1490215060856.jpg (1MB, 1672x1672px) Image search: [Google]
1490215060856.jpg
1MB, 1672x1672px
>>377211285
>consolewar faggotry
SAGED SHIT THREAD
>>
>>377211604

Are you trying to scare me? Mowing down subhuman commie retards in the streets would be a dream come true.
>>
>>377211786
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEr4od4jQk0
>>
>>377211786
>x86 in 2017
bahwhhahwhahhahwawh
>>
>>377211285
>only getting 60 fps at 1080p after spending 1200

you did it wrong faggot
>>
>>377211604
"The commies are becoming popular"

>commies are finally becoming as hated as Nazis
>>
>>377211285
>>377211285
Funny you should mention Bloodborne.

>Be PC-only, love the Dark Souls series
>friend has PS4 with Bloodborne, hasn’t touched the console in like a month
>ask to borrow it so I can finally play BB
>make PSN account, buy The Old Hunters, start a game from scratch

I’m loving the game itself, but it just infuriates me how limited it is by the PS4.
>20-30 second load times between areas (and you HAVE to go to the dream to move between lanterns)
>framerate drops during intense action (I can deal with 25-30, but the sub-10 ones are unacceptable)
>random crashes to the Playstation home screen (I did like how it captured a video of the 10 seconds before the crash. Nice touch)
>Have to pay a fee to use the online features of the game (absolutely ridiculous)

I haven’t played consoles in years aside from the occaisional Smash Bros game with friends. This experience just made me despise them more. Even a lousy port on PC like Dark Souls got would be preferable to this.
They’ve essentially held a great game hostage. I know they funded it. They have every right. But I will never pay several hundred dollars for a proprietary machine to run this.
>>
I've only upgraded three things in my PC which I built in 2011. My first upgrade was the GPU, I went from a GTX 580 to a 970, the second was the ram, I went from 6gb to 12gb and third was the CPU, I went from an intel i7 950 to an intel xeon 5650 and overclocked it to about 4.4Ghz. Only the GPU was a bit pricey at $350 but the ram and cpu upgrades were dirt cheap. Thanks consoles, because of you, my nearly 7 year old rig is still killin it.
>>
230 game at the click of my mouse. Never going back to a console.
>>
>>377211553
You forgot to add paid online.
>>
>>377215604
This.

I built mine in 2004. I've upgraded it 2 times every 5-6 years. First time I upgraded GPU, CPU, ram and the motherboard because it was too old.

The last time I just upgraded the GPU. And since I just wait for games to get discounts I'm playing things from 2013 or 2014 perfectly fine 1080p 60fps. I'll probably won't need to upgrade it again in the next 2 or 3 years or even more. Depending on the games I want to play.
>>
>complains about consoles holding back gaming
>begs for and celebrates getting console games ported
>>
> says consoles are better
> 30fps

Shoot, at least I can afford to throw a $1000 into my PC and have a moment of regret.
>>
>Why do you people hate consoles?

Because computers can do anything a console can, but far better. You can do so much stuff on a PC that you can't do on a console.

The only thing a console wins out on is local co-op.
>>
Paid roughly £1200 for my rig

>NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
>intel Core i5 6600k OC @ 4.0GHz
>Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz
>MSI Z170A Tomahawk
>2TB Western Digital Blue HDD
>Corsair 700W Semi-Modular PSU (not gonna find it's name)
>extra shit like the case and some cables

I can play practically every game at Ultra at 1080p and 60fps. And I did it because fuck console peasants. get jelly poorfag
>>
>>377216689

>all that money and no ssd
>>
>>377216743
I actually just ordered one today
>>
>>377211786
What the fuck did I just read?
>>
>Buy 1200$ PC all games work perfectly at 1080 60 fps set to high and in rare cases ultra by default.
>all games work perfectly
>work perfectly

Fuuuuuuck you. There are so many hardware specific problems that you always have to fucking deal with, random fucking crashes and bugs.
>>
>>377216543
>co-op

not anymore, it's all about them cinematic experiences now.
>>
>>377216805
>Fuuuuuuck you. There are so many hardware specific problems that you always have to fucking deal with, random fucking crashes and bugs.

You mean something a driver update will solve? Stay mad poorfag
>>
>>377216865

>Lol you can't play the game properly until updates you poor or something?
>>
>>377216974
>enforcing the American stereotype
>>
>>377216974
Most of the time you can solve shit yourself. Console fags are sure too stupid to deal with pc things. Tell me what can you do when a console game is buggy. Oh yeah, nothing.
>>
>>377217052

What if i don't want to spend an hour doing research on how to fix system specific shit when i want to play a fucking videogame? Also console games aren't buggy because they're developed for a single specific set of hardware.
>>
>>377217223
>What if i don't want to spend an hour doing research on how to fix system specific shit when i want to play a fucking videogame
Any problem that I came across in video-games was drivers related, or I accidentally fucked with the local files, a problem steam will fix for you.
>Also console games aren't buggy because they're developed for a single specific set of hardware.
Citation needed
>>
>>377217223
>console games aren't buggy
kek
>>
>>377211285
test
>>
>>377211285
>Thank you for holding back gaming consoles.
As if. The average gaming pc is worse than a console. Nobody except for a very small niche is buying the top of the line stuff. Developers have no incentive for targeting this demographic.
>>
>>377211285

>$1200 PC
>can't even do 1080p 60fps on max settings

Were console plebs right all along bros?
>>
>>377217274

Ah yes, kek, the great rebuttal. You got nothin'.
>>
>>377211285
>buy regular, non-gaymen PC
>nothing runs because everything is designed for consoles or gaming PCs
Actually it's consoles AND gaming PCs that are holding back gaming.
No wonder mobile gaming is so popular. Normies couldn't play games on their laptops if they wanted to.
>>
>>377211285
>blames consoles
>when budget builds are just as bad.
>>
>>377212274
I can only get so erect
>>
test
>>
>Buy $600 PC
>Run everything at 1080p, 60 fps on Ultra
>Spend the other $600 to buy a PS4
>tfw don't have to shitpost
>>
>>377215852
PSN is the paid online service
>>
>>377217953
If OP's $1200 PC can't run at 60 fps on ultra you are just a dumb PClet who can't even hit 30 fps
>>
>>377211604
The middle class?
>>
>>377211285

I did similar and got a whole new rig last summer. It may have been more expensive than a console for now, but the extra dosh splashed out on the mobo and CPU gives me room to upgrade in the future for much cheaper. Plus the 1070 will last a good couple of years maxing out everything I need at 1080p before I even need to consider turning the graphics down after that. By the time I truly need to replace the GPU I'll have outlasted at least the current console generation.
>>
>>377218113
This. Commiefags are so autistic and blind, it hurts.
>>
>>377215852
>omg $60 a year for online service and 12 free games
I never understood how PCbros claimed PSN is a bad value.
Even if 10 out of the 12 games end up sucking, they were all free. Then some of the indie games end up being decent and sometimes you get games that cost $30 or more for free.

And yes, I also run steam on my pc.
Idort masterrace.

PSN is really not a bad value, never understood how that meme got started. Especially when most PC mmos have a subscription fee just to play that ONE game.
>>
>>377218079
OP is mentally retarded and doesn't understand how to actually build a PC.
A g4560 with and Rx480 will hit 1080/60 easily on high/ ultra.
>>
Most PC gamers are poor russians and brazilians playing free to play shit.

Most PC gamers have toasters

Graphics are irrelevant

The best PC exclusives are indie garbage

You are paying $1k+ to play pretty multiplats and buggy emulators
>>
>>377211285
im about to buy a gaming pc but lets be real, pc games are just a console's sloppy seconds but on better hardware.

im not looking forward to windows 10 either, but it seems like its required.
>>
real talk, just got a massive raise, kinda want to build a new PC, looks like its gonna run around $1400. Should I build now or is it really worth it to wait until black friday/cyber monday?

Does good shit actually go on sale during then or only the mid tier stuff? Is cyber monday a meme or should I ignore black friday and wait for cyber monday?
>>
Only Youtubers need expensive computers. Future proofing is proved to be retarded.
>>
>>377217223
>taking more than 20 minutes to fix system related issues
>>
>>377218457
>im about to buy a gaming pc but lets be real, pc games are just a console's sloppy seconds but on better hardware.

enjoy the back catalog of 10000+ games not available on consoles.
>>
>>377218651
And don't forget that 9,999 are shovelware!
>>
>>377218437
>Most PC gamers have toasters

No, steam reportsis pretty inaccurate as it lists pc's even with a discreet gpu many times as intel HD.

Also a potato from 10 years ago has more games, and more exclusives than any console ever made. Your point?
>>
I have an Xbox One, PS4 and a mid-tier gaming PC (Can do 1080p 50-60fps on modern games no problem)

With a console, I can sit on my sofa from across the room and play a game @ ~30fps on high if I'm lucky (Wildlands for instance).

On a PC, I can stream movies, play games on ultra @ 50-60fps, customize any and every aspect of the machine. All at the same time if I want.

>mfw my consoles are just expensive Netflix players now.

Also if it takes you an hour to debug a game, you are objectively fucking retarded.
>>
>>377218457
>pc games are just a console's sloppy seconds but on better hardware.
Where does this meme even come from?
A lot of modern multiplats are built for PC first, even the most recent releases (Prey, The Surge, Outlast 2) are built with PC in mind first.
Hell, the only games that even come to consoles first are the rare Jap games or timed exclusives like RotTR.
>>
>>377218693

Lets be honest outside of this delusional shithole most relevant games are multiplat.

Big popular exclusives are only ever released on PC or nintendo stuff, the only things people actually buy and play on the ps4/xbox are multiplats
>>
>PS4 has Japanese games
>PC has Western
>/v/ loves Japanese games
>Therefore /v/ loves PS4
>>
>>377218289
>Free games
They're not free if you have to pay to access them.
>>
>>377218874
>PC has Japanese games
>Switch has Japanese games
The only platform with little to no Jap games is the XB1.
Which I guess explains why /v/ hates it.
>>
>>377218289
>Especially when most PC mmos have a subscription fee just to play that ONE game.
>most
I can literally count the PC MMOs with sub fees on one hand.
>>
>>377218868
Popular doesn't mean it is good.
The greatest games a are exclusives, you cannot prove otherwise.
>>
>>377218693
Yah, system shock was such shovelware. So was system shock 2. Man the Thief games were total shovelware. Baldur's gate 1 +2 + Tob were total shovelware, they didn't spawn an entire type of game that to this day sells big bucks on any system it's sold on.

Yah, total shovelware, not good at all. Total War? Who wants that, shovelware. Minecraft? Man no one wants that, no one would make a shit version that runs on a potato just so consoles could run it.

I heard a game called.. what was it.. warcraft? Sounds like shovelware. What about them there command and conquer games too? Yah sounds like shovelware to me. No one would literally try and port those to systems in the most failed way of all time.

Civilization? Who names a shit shovelware series Civilization?

Myth? sounds like a shit series, they made 3 of those fuckers? WHY!?

Planescape? Sounds like shovelware to me.

Diablo 2? How is this one of the most popular games of all time? What do you mean it wasn't on console? Sounds like fucking shovelware.

Amnesia? Sounds like shit shovelware to me.

Company of heroes? Definitely shovelware, who would make a shit army game?

Alice? Longest Journey? Ultima? Wizardry? Gabriel Knight? Underworld? Sim City? Secret of Monkey Island? Black and White? Fallout? Yah who has heard of these shitbasket shovelware games and series?

I can keep doing this all day.
>>
>>377219041
>The greatest games a are exclusives
But anon, the best game of this gen is MGSV, and that's a multiplat.
>>
>>377219112
>Lists games that can run on a potato
>>
>>377218862
>Where does this meme even come from?
Consolefags (especially those on /v/) are kind of stupid.
In their eyes getting a game at the same time as consoles and not having to run it at absolute trash settings/framerates is sloppy seconds.
>>
>>377219041

Kek no they're not. Most the exclusives shilled here are forgotten straight away even by the people shilling them.
>>
>>377218289
But what if I just want to play multiplayer? What if I'm not interested in those games? Why do I have to pay 60 a year to play online?
>>
>>377219112
This is some high level sperg autism
>>
>>377211285
>buy a $1000€ computer
>playing PUBG in minimal setting
Truly master race
>>
>>377219161
>hang on a second, let me just move back the goalposts real quick
>>
>>377219309
>Look mommy I'm using green text because I have no argument
>>
Have to pay for online
Have to pay for games
Have to pay $50+ for extra controllers
Lose all your games every generation
Developers push graphics anyway because it sells and don't give a fuck if the game runs so you get 25FPS
The push on graphics and controller limits the scope of games where everything is a corridor shooter or open world experience
Lose out on games unless you buy Sony + Nintendo
Simple shit like mods and patches aren't allowed without a year long discussion between the developers/publishers/online shop

The investment is worth it
>>
>>377219161
so potato the consoles still can't run full versions of them like minecraft. Even better, I can take a pc from 20 years ago and still have more and better exclusives, kinda sad.

Europa Universalis, Path of Exile, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Paper's Please, Undertale, Broken sword, Cities: Skylines, Mech Commander, Heroes of Might and Magic, Don't Starve, The Stanley Parable, Age of Empires, Insurgency, Vampire the masquerade, Crusader Kings, Alien vs predator 1/2, ARMA, Settlers, Mount and Blade, Grimrock, Wing commander, Natural Selection, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Darkest Dungeon, Terraria, Xcom original, xcom 2, Kerbal space program.

I can do this all day. I have backwards compatibility with just this massive fucking library of amazing and great games and series on top of all the new releases.
>>
I pirated RE7 and was shocked at how well it ran. I have an i5 6600k and a GTX 1070 and RE7 ran at ~250 FPS with everything except HBAO and shadows on high (shadows on medium)
>>
>>377219426
That wasn't me replying to you.

I still have yet to hit the most popular games across the world. LoL, Dota, crossfire, etc. I was keeping the goalposts high. Strangely the most popular games across the world RIGHT NOW... PC only and online only.
>>
Playing at 60 feels slow to me, playing at 120hz/1440p now and when I step back to 30 for console games I feel like I'm playing in slowmo. It really effected my enjoyment when playing Zelda and Zero Dawn.
>>
>>377215271
I tried playing it on ps4 but the brightness was all fucked, the framerate was dreadful, and the ps4 controller felt like shit to play with.
refunded it asap
>>
>>377215604
>not future proofing it by getting a dirt cheap lga 1151 mobo with a new cpu
>>
>You will never blindly defend one platform like a drone
Steamfags and Ps4fags are insufferable
>>
>>377219627
>Europa Universalis, Path of Exile, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Paper's Please, Undertale, Broken sword, Cities: Skylines, Mech Commander, Heroes of Might and Magic, Don't Starve, The Stanley Parable, Age of Empires, Insurgency, Vampire the masquerade, Crusader Kings, Alien vs predator 1/2, ARMA, Settlers, Mount and Blade, Grimrock, Wing commander, Natural Selection, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Darkest Dungeon, Terraria, Xcom original, xcom 2, Kerbal space program.

This list consists of mostly shitty games. Enjoy your shit taste m8.
>>
>>377220461
Not to mention half are multiplat
>>
>>377211285
>1200$ PC
>not 1440p 60fps
you fucked up
>>
>>377219604
>Lose all your games every generation

Ha ha, you little fag. You don't lose the games. They sell them to you again each generation.
Note the irony
>>
>>377211285
Get over yourself do you really think anyone care about your fucking computer why do you have to come on here and fill up my feed with this garbage, enjoy playing all the those console ports
>>
>>377220317
>blindly
played both, PC was a clear winner
>>
>>377211285
>$1200 pc
>heh, I spent about 3/4 of that on my fist build in 2013 and got 1080p 60fps in everything on ultra then
>I can't imagine spending much more on a PC
>huh, I have upgrading literally everything in it since then over time
>I wonder how much it's be if I bought it brand new today
>https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4cZZCy
>JUST
>>
>>377220771
>my feed
HELLO
E
L
L
O

REBBIT
E
B
B
I
T
>>
>>377219604

I have a PC and a console, and I find myself playing console more these days simply because i prefer the comfort of my couch + living room over playing on a desk with K+B
>>
>>377211285
>1200$ PC
>1080 60 fps
you got ripped off
>>
>>377211285
LMAO if only get 60 at 1080p with a 1200 $ pc you just got fucked in the ass buddy
>>
PCgaymers are funny, no one cares about it besides that fat dying brit, not even the people in charge of porting console games to PC. Hell not even valve or microsoft
>>
>>377221084
Sure you did ;)
>>
I just built my 1200 computer but I've been running into to problems, and can't get anything to show up on the monitor.

No system speaker to listen for beeps, but there is a EZ Debug light system on the motherboard. VGA light is the only that keeps shining. GPU seems to be working, lights up the logo but nothing else.
>>
Crawling in this gen
These ports will never heal
Frames is where they fail
Exclusives they must shill
>>
>>377219604
>loose all your games every generation
What the fuck does this even mean? Are you really this desperate to look autistic on the internet?
>>
>>377214206
I'm going to assume that's after buying a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers.
A $750 PC should be able to run most games on ultra 60 fps at 1080p.
>>
>>377221569
I did though, sony defense force. I still dont understand how one can play their games using a banana with titties
>>
>>377216543
>Because computers can do anything a console can, but far better

Still not a valid reason to hate consoles.

It is like you would as a owner of sport car hate slower car jst because it exists. It is simply retarded
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.