[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what we have now: >9 provinces of tamriel in base game >all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

File: eso.jpg (918KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eso.jpg
918KB, 1920x1080px
what we have now:

>9 provinces of tamriel in base game
>all of cyrodiil
>coldharbour (molag bal's realm of oblivion)
>craglorn
>imperial city
>imperial city sewers
>the gold coast (anvil and kvatch)
>hew's bane in high rock
>orsinium (orc land)
>player housing with literally thousands of items and dozens of potential homes

what we are getting in the next year:

>morrowind
>black marsh
>clockwork city (dwarven province)
>spiral skein (Mephala's plane of oblivion)
>spell crafting
>jewelry crafting

why the fuck aren't you playing the best MMO on the market?
>>
i don't enjoy MMOs
>>
>>377207719
i fucked up the first one

there are actually 20 provinces/zones in the first game

you REALLY have no excuse
>>
I don't play MMOs.
>>
>>377207719
Game is still an unfun piece of shit
>>
post cat sluts
>>
Is it good though?
>>
>>377207719
>spell crafting
BULLSHIT
How do they plan on balancing that?
>>
MMO content is boring as shit. Instead of making an awesome world and throwing players in with some vague guidance, a la older MMOs like UO or EQ, everyone makes WoW-like MMOs where its constantly railroading you through a theme park.

This time the theme park is Cyrodiil. And it has T W E N T Y zones! And each is as boring as the next because the actual zones aren't living, breathing places with economies or dangers or benefits. It's go to quest giver go to resource node and r e p e a t.

Sorry senpai MMOs degenerated.
>>
>>377207719
Call me when we can go to alinor.

Dominion strong. Altmer master race.
>>
Because of the pay to win horseshit
>>
>>377207719
Call me when i can do the same shit with player housing like in Ultima online.
>>
File: piano_IIII.jpg (19KB, 238x167px) Image search: [Google]
piano_IIII.jpg
19KB, 238x167px
>>377208152
>we will never have this level of heavy autism in an MMO again

it
hurts
>>
How's the singleplayer? Do I gotta be online all the time? I'm not buying PS+, that shit is a scam.
>>
>>377208074
>>377208152
>MMO content is boring as shit. Instead of making an awesome world and throwing players in with some vague guidance, a la older MMOs like UO or EQ, everyone makes WoW-like MMOs where its constantly railroading you through a theme park.

Exactly. It's also a doubly squandered opportunity because they HAD an IP that was custom built for an actual sandbox MMORPG of old.
>>
>spiral skein (Mephala's plane of oblivion)
hmmm now im a bit intrested, any other daedric prince planes are in game or coming?
>>
File: 1384912833797.jpg (209KB, 1280x931px) Image search: [Google]
1384912833797.jpg
209KB, 1280x931px
>>377207719
I fucking hate when some outside devs start shitting on the lore, so I ignored ESO for at least a year.

However, I got it on the latest Christmas sale, and it is.. alright, actually. In fact, some of the writing is more decent then hacky blurbs in Oblivion and Skyrim.

The main disappointment is the combat, it is irredeemable shit. But questing, area design, NPCs, all that? Pretty good.
>>
>>377208480
>The main disappointment is the combat, it is irredeemable shit.
what did he mean by this?
>>
Question, is the game worth the price and does it have realtime action or is it like WoW with targeting?
>>
I never played morrowind so their attempt at getting loads of money by appealing to nostalgia isn't working on me.
>>
>>377208471
It's heavily hinted that people will encounter and probably enter the planes of all daedric princes that wasn't part of Sotha Sil's pact. When? Who knows.
>>
>>377208624
its skyrim but with swords and high latency players warping around. its basically complete and utter shit.
>>
>>377208074
/thread
They can add another 100 zones and it still would be the same shit
>>
>>377207719
what you have now:
>trash

what you are getting in the next year:
>more trash

Ahahahahaha what an absolutely pitiful joke.
>>
File: 902184021.jpg (29KB, 780x520px) Image search: [Google]
902184021.jpg
29KB, 780x520px
>>377207719
>MMO

I'd rather play hub based multiplayer games like Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star
>>
But all of the zones might as well be exactly the same because once you've seen one you've seen em all...
Quests feel copy pasted because they're all generic
>>
>>377208074
>Cyrodiil
Tamriel
>>
>>377208074
Fucking this. The mainstream days of MMOs are over, developers need to realize what made people play these games in the first place. They completely lost touch with the core audience of these games through WoW's success.
>>
>>377208953
But it isn't all of Tamriel.
>>
>>377209069
And it's more than Cyrodiil
>>
>>377208598
Combat has zero impact or momentum, you kinda float around attacking monsters with a rubber hammer. Not the same anon btw
>>
>>377208361
It's always online. I've played it, and honestly I think it's fun but only in short bursts.
>>
>>377207719
I bought it for $10 last month during the free weekend. I got bored of it by level 10.
>>
>>377208074
EQ was itself a themepark mmo
>>
>>377207719
what it doesnt have:
>good gameplay
>>
>>377209430
Not in the same definition of modern themepark
>>
>>377208624
I wouldn't know if it's worth at full price ( I got it used for like $35) But once you get into and know what you wanna do to get good, it's an alright game. Some questlines have some pretty great writing to it, otherwise it's just skyrim online
>>
>>377209430
Its an opium to heroin argument. Modern MMOs are so much higher in potency, but in this case potency is removing player agency and having you walk through content at the developers pace.
>>
File: 1494971692641.jpg (480KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1494971692641.jpg
480KB, 1280x1440px
>>377209480
>implaing Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and every other ES game have better gameplay than ESO
>>
>>377209813
DEGLET THIG
>>
File: 1495004439673.png (19KB, 565x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495004439673.png
19KB, 565x540px
>>377207719
Yeah too bad you can't install the game right now. Their update service is broken.
>>
>>377209813
good point, which is why i dont play ES games
>>
>>377209289

That's TES games in a nutshell. At least it's more complex than whack-until-dead like Skyrim/Oblivion etc.
>>
Played when it first came out.. Hated it.. Decided to pick it back up.. Been playing on and off for a month or so.. Cp 150 now.. Honestly i dont party or do guilds.. I just find it better than skyrim and its ok fun to jump on a few hours here and there.
>>
>spell crafting
Kek
Stop lying shill
This was promised 2 years ago and its vaporware since
>>
>>377209813
Hell yea they do modded. With Skyrim you have Combat evolved+TK dodge+ultimate combat, revenge of the enemies also ordinator perk combination+apocalypse spell combos etc etc etc to make the combat more than bearable especially since the npc's act a little less retarded and spell combinations are just fantastic especially coupled with ordinator perks.
>>
>>377213049
I don't get the ESO has better gameplay memes desu. Just ordinator already blows it away in terms of different builds and overall variety.
>>
>>377207719
most boring mmo I've ever played
>>
>>377213285
Buyers remorse.
>>
>>377213627
It makes me sad how boring it is. I just look forward to the next mainline title if they are making one.
>>
>>377207719
currently level 24 and i just can't be fucked to level but the game seems breddy gud
>>
>>377207719
Reminder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moGJJe3p2hQ
>>
>>377207719
Do not try to play this like you'd play a normal mmo. Don't worry to much about min/maxing and try to enjoy an elder scrolls game that finally has some sort of combat depth and character depth.
>>
>>377208058
>How do they plan on balancing that?
By only making a select few combinations viable and the rest sub-optimal and not even having sub-par "fun" combos, cookie-cutter or be shit.
>>
Does it play like an MMO (WoW or Runescape) or does it play like TES?
>>
Tbqh, waiting for Morrowing to come out
>>
>>377214695
Neither.
>>
>>377213285
At last it has gameplay. Not modding autism.

>>377214695
It's nothing like WoW, but different than average TEST game.
>>
>>377214831
>TES
fixed
>>
>>377214069
Yeah I played it like this for a while and had a pretty good time. While nothing in particular stands out as exceptional about it, it was still a pretty fun single player experience for a while, might go back to it soon to try another class
>>
>>377207719

Played it for literally an hour.

I dunno why, but after I made it to the first town and a little bit to some dock with these bandits, I just sort of stopped. Like I don't know why, but I did not enjoy myself at all and kept getting murdered and sperging out for whatever reason.

Is it worth going back into?
>>
Because grinding artifact power on my fishing rod on WoW is more fun.

23 traits we out here
>>
>>377219859
It's slightly better than average across the board, the best thing about it is probably the visuals and world. Storytelling has its moments but isn't anything worth writing home about. Combat system is pretty damn satisfying for an mmo, abilities feel fairly impactful. Biggest problem is probably the lack of a solid feeling of progression because of the way level scaling is done.
>>
>>377207719
reminder they literally didn't allow Kirkbride to work on this game even though he wanted to do it FOR FREE because his writing was too "strange" to attract the audience Zenimax was hoping to get

that should tell you all you need to know to realize what kind of game this is
>>
>>377208074
>MMO content is boring as shit. Instead of making an awesome world and throwing players in with some vague guidance, a la older MMOs like UO or EQ, everyone makes WoW-like MMOs where its constantly railroading you through a theme park.

This. This game was the perfect occasion to stop following the WoW formula. All I wanted them to do is just recreate Tamriel or part of it as best they can, give us a bunch of factions to interact with, gameplay elements reminiscent of Elder Scrolls games (magic schools anyone?), mechanics that encourage grouping with other players and some sandbox elements.
Instead they had to go full themepark, with a retarded single-player storyline, made up classes (what the fuck is a Dragon Knight and why are they so common?), and endgame dungeons and raids.
Also on the lore side of things, the first edition of the Pocked Guide to the Empire was written two hundreds year before the events of ESO so why is the setting so fucking boring? Read this and then look at Cyrodiil in-game https://www.imperial-library.info/content/pocket-guide-empire-first-edition-cyrodiil .
>>
>>377214695
Neither but It's definitely closer to WoW than it is to TES.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.