[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>literally the ideal and arguably the hardest souls game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

File: dark-souls-3-screenshot.jpg (384KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3-screenshot.jpg
384KB, 1920x1080px
>literally the ideal and arguably the hardest souls game
>/v/ hates it
What exactly you didn't like? Seriously, no bait.
>>
>>377204060
i just ran out of respecs and hated my build so i didn't feel like finishing and didn't want to start over since i was so far into the game already, so i never finished it. i don't dislike the game or anything desu
>>
difficulty isn't the selling point
>>
>>377204153
>ran out of respecs
But they are infinite.
>>
>>377204215
Not sure about that
>>
Combat is a mindless r1 spamfest with my prefered weapons, maybe slow ones are better but Im not a fan of them. Difficulty may be higher than the other games but that doesnt matter for returning players since if youve played one of these games the rest are a cakewalk.
>>
>>377204302
not if you're already at 0 when everyone discovers the glitch
>>
>>377204363
Start over Anon. I believe in you.
Maybe you will summon me some day.
>>
>>377204060
>pic unrelated
>>
>>377204404
ill start over eventually, after some time passes and i forget most of the game and dont mind doing most of the game over again
>>
File: 1487238073901.png (111KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487238073901.png
111KB, 600x500px
>>377204060
>arguably the hardest souls game
>meanwhile roll spam is an actual strategy
>>
isn't DaS3 the easiest? i felt it was easier than bloodborne
>>
>>377204060

2 is harder
>>
>>377204356
>Combat is a mindless r1 spamfest
>implying it wasn't always like that
>>
>>377204060
>What exactly you didn't like? Seriously, no bait.
I hate how linear it is, I know you're able to branch off at certain times but there's just not much reason to and you're still forced to go through some of the arguably weakest areas of souls crucifixion woods/farron swamp

there's just no area skips in the game and that really hurts replayability

earlygame builds that aren't melee focused feel extremely weak and unsatisfying (faith/caster)

Most of the weapons are lackluster (the DLC did help with this) but especially early game, straight swords outclass most weapons

I also am not fond of a majority of the armors, I can't quite put my finger on it, but even my favorite set the EKA armor (yes I'm a basic bitch) just looks unappealing.
>>
>>377204490
Pokemon sun and moon image
talking about difficulty
>>
>>377204492
Yes it is because the vanilla only has about 3 challenging bosses with the rest being gimmicky or simply easy and you can roll infinitely.
>>
>>377204541
It wasnt, enemies had poise
>>
>>377204496
3 is the only souls game i got literally frustrated even at the early areas.
>>
File: 1468923898242.png (15KB, 216x223px) Image search: [Google]
1468923898242.png
15KB, 216x223px
>>377204560
Have another laughing reaction image, sperg.
>>
>>377204673
but thats not pokemon sun and moon which was the point because sumo is wildly easy
>>
>>377204060
It was dull and tried to hard at being a Ds1 clone on a newer engine.
>>
The hardest Souls Game was by far Demons Souls on the principle that it was my first Souls game and I needed to adjust to it.
>>
Farron Keep > wonky Blighttown.
>>
>>377204709
What does pokemon have to do with this? Of course Pokemon is easy but so is ds3.
>>
File: bbwheel.webm (3MB, 768x384px) Image search: [Google]
bbwheel.webm
3MB, 768x384px
Imagine if we got his game instead o DaS2. Everyone would have creamed their pants. too bad it came after DaS2 and BB.
>>
File: trek.png (3MB, 1208x1920px) Image search: [Google]
trek.png
3MB, 1208x1920px
>>377204818
pokemon is 1000x times easier than ds3 thats its not a contest. pokemon is peeling a banana and ds3 is making a burger.

you need to get over your self.
you didnt even post a reaction image you lazy piece of shit.
>>
File: 1476266544722.jpg (45KB, 452x363px) Image search: [Google]
1476266544722.jpg
45KB, 452x363px
>>377204934
>Sperging this hard because I called his game easy
Take it easy, buddy.
>>
>>377204960
>Take it easy, buddy.
how ironic
>>
>>377205037
I guess so if we were playing dark souls 3.
>>
>>377205083
thats my point when i wrote irony.
>>
>>377204060
I hated it cuz it was extremely demanding that I had to upgrade my system, and it still runs badly.

The game, story and game play lost their novelty two games ago, and they bumped up the difficulty and the bullshit, a DaS remake with a finished later half would be the perfect souls game.
>>
>>377204598
>the vanilla only has about 3 challenging bosses with the rest being gimmicky or simply easy and you can roll infinitely
Are you describing DS3 or Bloodborne?
>>
>>377204060
fuck /v/, I'll tell you why i was disappointed

>never felt like i was on an adventure or exploring a world
>every single level is connected back to back except when you have one to the side like smoldering lake , archdragon peak, or the cathedral. and the cathedral is mandatory so all you get to choose is whether you want it before or after wolnir.
>it has good "level design", so Ive heard. what people mean is that theres a door you can unlock next to the bonfire and theres no ds2 gangbang mobs.
>was so afraid of ds2's reception that every group of enemies is almost exactly the same. one heavy hitter maybe. a couple hollows with no poise. someone in the distance shooting a crossbow. theres nothing like a channeler, armored boar, slime spear chucker that spits bombs, etc. it overcorrected.
>the story is about the fucking fire again. ds1's story was on shaky ground as it is, ds2 just decided to go up its own ass if you care about lore, and ds3 tries to be a soft-reboot until it finally just confesses that youre dealing with gwyn and lordran again. pick a new setting. pick a new story. your sequel doesnt have to be dark souls with a new number. and even if it is, you can just keep the title with a new story anyway because "dark souls" is pretty vague.

.1/2
>>
>>377204496
SotFS only
>>
>>377204626
then you are bad
>>
>>377205265
>the combat is better, but not better enough. look, its time to admit it, the combat in these games is just the spine. its not the meat. youre lining up block/roll frames with enemy attacks and doing damage during their recovery frames. this is about 95% of combat in these games. its not as bad as zelda, but thats because its skill floor is high. not its ceiling. you can only be so impressive at combat in these games. this games bosses are treated as SIMPLY EPIC when that wasnt the point of them at all. go back to demons souls, bosses are isolated tests on how well equipped you are, how many situations youre ready for, how fast you can learn a new setting, and how good you are at reacting in combat. ds1 is mostly the same but has some extra boring bosses like ceaseless discharge and iron golem. ds2 and 3 take this to a new extreme. almost every boss is a test of "can you dodge THIS!!??" and yes i can. gael was a pushover because i already learned how to line up i-frames with thrashing with bloodborne, friede, nameless king, pontiff, gundyr, etc. I blame the AotA expansion. people remember how "good" that design was when it was just three simple sections back to back. and people remember their EPIC DUEL with artorias when it was one of two duels in the whole game, just like demons souls had 2.

2/3, too long
>>
>>377205309
theres more but this is the important shit. dark souls seemed like a natural progression for demons souls. an explorable world, a bit more of everything as far as gameplay goes, more options to play with, and despite being so open it still gives you the path with the most linear difficulty curve if you so desire. dark souls 3 feels like an action game with a few rpg elements. and theyre minor, usually to allow minmaxing at every step of your playthrough so you never feel youre inconvenienced by your decisions when making a character. ds2, in early development, was going to be the next progression. but it didnt work out. it crsahed and burned and they needed to salvage it as best they could. they got hefty backlash so instead they tried to stick to the most simple bits they knew fanboys found appealing. and it worked. no one even noticed that its the most linear, simplistic souls game of them all, including bloodborne for christs sake.

ds3 is fun, but it will never leave a legacy like demons souls or dark souls. cuz bad news, more games with ds3 "level design" and "combat" are coming. and theyll have missed the point just as much.

3/3
>>
File: 1476718660504.jpg (107KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476718660504.jpg
107KB, 720x720px
>>377204060
>the hardest souls game
your fishing for (you)'s or this is your first souls game.
shit opinion and shit game
das 1 > BB > das 2 > das3
>>
>>377204060
>Hardest souls game
>Not Das2
Das2 might have been harder for shit reasons but 3 was a joke with how little stamina you used per roll
>>
>>377204626
You can spam rolls and estus tanks since it is instant.

3 is the easiest souls game only riveled in how casual it is by blood boredome.
>>
>>377205309
>bosses are isolated tests on how well equipped you are, how many situations youre ready for, how fast you can learn a new setting, and how good you are at reacting in combat. ds1 is mostly the same but has some extra boring bosses like ceaseless discharge and iron golem. ds2 and 3 take this to a new extreme. almost every boss is a test of "can you dodge THIS!!??" and yes i can

This sentence pretty much sums up the entire game.

Previous games you could cream any boss if you prepped and got your shit together.

Now almost every npc hits with insane damage and bullshit it makes you think why they aren't the "chosen ones"
>>
>>377205381
>Das1>BB>des>das3>Das2
>The old hunters>artorias of the abyss>crown 2, ringed city, crown 3, Crown 1, ashes of ariandel
>>
>>377204546
>>377205265
>>377205309
>>377205358
Interesting.
>>
>>377204060
>hardest
are...

are you joking
>>
Das2/sotfs is def harder and no, its not because i got better when ds3 came around. I played sotfs afterwards.
>>
>>377205184
DS3.
>>
>>377205381
>ds2 over ds3
hahahahahahaha!
>>
>tfw level 35 with a crystal falchion that does 350 damage

160 per hit in pvp, magic was a mistake.
>>
>>377205587
Pretty much this. I have no idea how anyone who has played both games can say that ds3 is harder.
>>
>>377204060
Because sequels can never live up to the experience you had in your first entry in that particular franchise, i.e. the first game you played will always be the best 95% of the time.

Dark Souls 1 was my first Souls game and I will never relieve that experience again.
>>
File: 1477177961458.png (214KB, 863x926px) Image search: [Google]
1477177961458.png
214KB, 863x926px
>>377205763
>hahahahahahaha!
>defending the casuals entry game
calm down.
its a fact.
>>
>>377204060
No, Bloodborne the hardest, dark soul 2 literally Disabled person
>>
>>377204060
Bloodborne is harder than DaS3
>>
>>377204060
It just didn't feel right in a lot of respects. Solid downgrade in almost everything but graphics from DS1, and completely outdone in every way by Bloodborne which came before it.
>>
File: World design.jpg (756KB, 2110x2191px) Image search: [Google]
World design.jpg
756KB, 2110x2191px
>>377205265
Dark Souls 2 definitely had some interesting ideas, but it suffered from a total lack of direction. It ended up having a massive amount of areas and bosses compared to the other games in the series, but very few that actually stood out. The areas were generally short, flat, linear and disconnected, made up primarily of hallways and box-shaped rooms. Most of the bosses could have passed for beefed up enemies, sporting a meagre few attacks and lacking any interesting gimmicks.

Dark Souls 3 brought back what I had come to expect from Souls level design. The areas had a excellent sense of scale and use of vertical space. They felt like interconnected parts of an organic world, rather than the "video gamey" hallways we got with Dark Souls 2. I really appreciated that it took a page from Bloodborne, and divided every single bossfight into phases, with attacks and patterns that varied throughout. It made every boss feel unique and purposeful.

I also appreciated that they listened to fans and removed soul memory from the matchmaking process. By matching players by Soul Level AND by the level of their weapon, the game managed to weed out twinks without removing the ability of players to plan their character build and aim for a specific invasion or co-op range. The return of the full red eye orb was also very much appreciated.

While Dark Souls 3 had less content than Dark Souls 2, it felt like a much more focussed experience. A return to form after a misstep for the series.
>>
>>377204060
>DS3
>15 estus flasks
>mindless R1 spam with straightsword
>bloodborne roll speed and stamina consumption
>greatshields that don't take any shield damage
>difficult
I know you're fishing for you's OP
>>
File: 1488106931674.jpg (1MB, 1920x3240px) Image search: [Google]
1488106931674.jpg
1MB, 1920x3240px
>ideal
>>
>>377207015
dark souls 2 had the best hub, but shit overworld and shit souls memory that hands down makes it the worst souls
>>
>>377207056
Demon's had the best hub
>>
>>377207015
>DLC areas not included for DaS2
>it is even bigger
>>
>>377204060
The formula is getting stale.
>>
File: 1476318237142.jpg (149KB, 528x1085px) Image search: [Google]
1476318237142.jpg
149KB, 528x1085px
>>377206965
boring/uninspired bosses, inconsistent and nonsensical world, Locations linear level design.
>>
>>377204934
>Dark Souls 3 is the hardest game
>"No it's not."
>Pokemon Sun/Moon is easy. Easier than Dark Souls 3. That means Dark Souls 3 is the hardest game.
Please kill yourself FROMdrone scum.
>>
>>377207362
>waah kill yourself waah
lol
>>
>>377204060
I love it. The best Souls. Half of /v/ is still butthurt they got rekt by NK, Friede, Gael and Midir.
>>
>>377204060
I felt only TRC was hard, and that was mainly due to how big the health pools for the bosses were to where it just became a matter of me losing focus and getting hit too many times while whittling down giant health bars.

The base game is just average for a Souls game, I think it is better executed than 2 for what it wanted to do but I ultimately just can't enjoy it as much. At least 2 had a bigger scope and ambition that was hobbled by development limitations to where you can practically see the seams holding the game together and in terms of its lore actually tried to tell far more of its own, and a more interesting story than 3.

The amount of just reused ideas in 3 makes it worse than 2 by default, from the lazily reused set-pieces (like more toxic swamps, more underground skeleton lands, more castles/cathedrals) to the fan-wank way it leans on the characters, lore and imagery from DS1, it just bugs me and makes it feel like the game is trying too hard to be a Dark Souls sequel rather than its own game. I don't know, I thought DS2 implied that after cycles of ages of fire and dark that the things that happened in DS1 were almost forgotten, but in DS3 we just had so many obnoxious callbacks to DS1 it became intrusive to me, like we were seeing these characters and places because the audience remembers them and not because it's an organic thing to do.

Like I said, there are some elements to the game world I really liked, like the whole story of the Profane Capital, Irythyll or the whole Prince Lothric thing, but I really felt like these could have been expanded on in favour of trying to recall DS1 so badly.

I do also think it has the best designed bosses in the series, they all seem to have something unique and interesting about them, with very few giant guys in armour and a lot of variety in terms of games mechanics.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.