[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? Besides Randy Pitchford being a lying kike?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: battleborn-logo.jpg (1MB, 1500x938px) Image search: [Google]
battleborn-logo.jpg
1MB, 1500x938px
What went wrong? Besides Randy Pitchford being a lying kike?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FElmjlzdSSM
>>
>>377173773
Artstyle took up way too much visual space on the screen keeping you from easily identifying important shit
item drop system was an interesting idea but ultimately not handled well in a game thats set up to play as a moba, people coming in with different item selections that can just be straight up more effective than what someone else has for a fairly marginal increase in cost to activate during a game is shakey design at best, especially since it was such a boring grind to get a drop
there was only this weird point capture game mode that wasn't suited to the way the game was set up at all that nobody played because it just wasn't enjoyable and took away focus and effort that could have been spent on making the moba game mode either better crafted or just more than a handful of maps that got old pretty quickly
apart from that there were just general balancing issues that I can't remember since its been so long and getting compared to overwatch in its release period while suffering from good old gearbox forced memeing buried what merit this game had in the dirt so the style of moba setup will probably be never touched again which is a shame because some of the characters had good toolkits to fit the style of play they were supposed to revolve around

a bunch of the others were trash though and did a lot to make the game look even worse in the eyes of a consumer
>>
>>377174506
It played like shit too.
>>
You guys just couldn't handle the BADASS.
>>
>>377175106
You are right about it being bad and ass.
>>
File: TF2.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TF2.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>Artstyle took up way too much visual space on the screen keeping you from easily identifying important shit
This is my biggest gripe with the game, everybody else has given the less eloquent "It looks like shit" argument, which is true, but it'd be okay if it JUST looked like shit rather than having this on top of it. Overwatch has this problem to a lesser degree as well, and it's part of the reason why I still stick to TF2 like glue after all these years; The artstyle is or was until volvo decided to fuck it like a two-pence whore polished to look stylish yet informative of your situation, in short it's fucking perfect.
>>
>>377175283
meant to be a reply to >>377174506
>>
>>377174903
Now that I think about it I have no idea why it ran like such hot garbage even if you lowered settings. I haven't changed anything about my current rig and plenty of newer shit runs just fine. Probably just more gearbox incompetence running things with potential into the ground.
>>
>>377175106
>>
>>377174506

Mainly this, terrible queues even when there was huge population, and a bunch of quality of life bugs. I'm tempted to say the shit writing, but a lot of people I talk to outside of 4chan actually didn't give two shits about it.

If it had taken about 3-5 months longer to release, it wouldn't have necessarily succeeded but it would have fared a lot better.
>>
Gearbox is trash
>>
>>377175283
>>377175378

The example I remember most is playing that wood elf cunt because she was good for actually being able to damage some of the tanks without needing any help but the UI for her aoe damage/slow and the particle effects it used were fucking awful and intrusive. My main man caldarius only had it slightly better with his wrist rocket that had a fairly simple gradient hemisphere for targeting but it had these fucking random cones flashing through it all the time that had no business being there. The screen for his ult looked fine to me but it was way to flashy and half the time I just used it to go places since you could barely fucking target anything half competently if it wasn't stunned.
>>
>>377175106
I just started playing borderlands 2 for the first time with some friends. I keep cringing while playing due to shit like that. When I first saw the BADASS tokens menu I was kind of flabbergasted. Maybe if I was still a 14 year old kiddo I guess.
Actually I'm getting bored pretty quick even with friends, each class badly needs more than 1 active ability.
>>
>>377176667
I did that too, we didn't finish. We ended up fucking around with cheatengine, trying to platform to areas you aren't supposed to reach, and then uninstalling. Gearbox is not now good and may never have been good (half life xpacs aside), the only reason Borderlands hit at all is because they made diablo into a shooter and stole some youtuber's aesthetic.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.